Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati
100 E Freedom Way, Suite 160
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (513) 381-0491
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stephen Delucia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth"s Catering in Cincinnati, OH - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth"s Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Sehlhorst x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati
Ruth"s Chris Steak House in Cincinnati, OH serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth's Chris' genuine hospitality. So whether you're a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and off site catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)romantic (55)notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (19)scenic view (18)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great foodSkyrusDined on 6/7/2014Excellent service that was also very helpful. Will return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionHHIvacationerDined on 6/2/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and felt like we were treated like royalty. We had rose petals on the table and a special anniversary card. I had the Ruth Classic lobster & filet which was wonderful which comes with a salad, side and dessert, otherwise all menu items are ala cart. My husband had the ribeye which he also enjoyed. The steaks have a unique flavor and come with a special flavored butter which is a bit different, but still good. I ordered my steak medium rare, but I would have called it rare (but I still like it rare) so did't say anything. A bit pricey, I'd return for special occasions. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- First TimersJamieDined on 6/1/2014We decided to give Ruth Chris a try for my husbands birthday in hopes of expanding out from our normal steak house locations. The restaurant itself was beautiful and we were seated upstairs with a window view. Being that it was the beginning of June and hot in Ohio, we expected the restaurant to be colder. It was not. We were hot the entire time and sweating during our meal. The food was good but the only downside is that my husbands steak, which was ordered medium rare, was sliced open in many different spots, to make sure it was cooked to temperature. This was upsetting. The desserts were great, as was our server Andrew. We may be back depending on the occasion, but would likely try something else other than the steak.Special Features:
- Not impressedCincySeafoodLoverDined on 5/31/2014Service was good - the food not so much. I had the sea bass and it was good except for the massive amount of butter floating around on my plate. I would have liked to finish the fish but just couldn't get past all the butter. Someone else at our table had the scallops & same thing. Next time I want seafood I'll just go to a seafood restaurant. The steaks looked good. The lobster mac & cheese was very dry. Overall I'd say the food was average and definitely order steak here, not seafood.
- Evertyhing was perfect!grubbsDined on 5/31/2014Rick was fantastic, couldn't ask for a better waiter. Very attentive and very nice looking. He saw me looking out the window and came over and pull up the shade so I could see out. The food was wonderful & nice an hot, which is a big deal to me. And the lobster special was big enough for a meal for one person which we order to share. It was a very lovely place for any reason to go out for the evening!Special Features:
- Fabulous family dining experience!R0e8a9Dined on 5/16/2014My family totally enjoyed our dining experience from my 82 year old dad to my 22 year old son. Totally enjoyed our eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feel goodFritzDined on 5/11/2014They made my wife and me feel special. It was our anniversary and they never forgot it as attended to every little detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulDowntownDinerDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I dined at Ruth's Chris before going to see a show at the Aronoff. The dinner was superb from our appetizer all the way through dessert. The service was far above what was expected. The place was warm and inviting, and the food was delicious. I will definitely come back. In fact, when compared to other high end steak restaurants in Cincy, I believe this is my new favorite.Special Features:
- Outstanding!littlebitDined on 4/28/2014My husband and I had dinner here the other night for our anniversary. When they called to confirm our reservation my husband told them it was our 30th wedding anniversary. I did not know they knew seeing as I originally made the reservation. When we arrived there were tiny red hearts on our table, a note card from the staff wishing us a happy anniversary and after dinner they took our picture and presented it to us to take home! We couldn't of been more surprised. Needless to say the food and service were excellent! Great job! Would certainly recommend again!Special Features:
- dpd2303Dined on 4/26/2014This restaurant has issues with parking, however the food and the service were good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Ruth ChrisValerieDined on 4/26/2014We have never been disappointed at Ruth Chris. It's pricy but we are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice!PepperridgeVIPDined on 4/22/2014Thank you for the wonderful food for my birthday on April 23rd! Our waiter, Ryan was terrific and the Manager compd our dessert! Very nice tough and great customer service! Thank you again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014This was our first visit to any Ruth's Chris Steak House, but knew that they had a great reputation and most notibly for those hot sizzeling plates. We were not disappointed by the plates. The service was great. We were seated immediately, the server was very pleasant, accomdating, and knew the menu and specials. The menu was nice, easy to read, and had many very nice options. Our food arrived in the expected amount of time. All was great up till this point. While the steaks we ordered (12 oz ribeye) they both seemed very "fatty" with several places of grizzel that had to be cut around. The steak was a bit "thinner" than we would have expected as well. The taste was fine, but felt the "quality" of the cut dimished the experience.Special Features:
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/20/2014Cincinnati has many excellent steak houses, but this one rapidly become our favorite. It has a contemporary setting, wide menu, great service, easy parking, big drinks - all the amenities one expects from this type of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerKathyDined on 4/12/2014We havent been to a Ruth's Chris in many years. The food was fantastic. Their Happy Hour menu is amazing. .. I highly recommend thatSpecial Features:
- Always enjoy itElvisVIPDined on 4/12/2014Had my daughters birthday their Second year in a row Great service and foodSpecial Features:
- Great Food! Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Everything was great! We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOzzieDined on 4/12/2014We had a great time dining at this restaurant. The ambience was great and the food was delicious. The only thing I was surprised about is that the waitress didn't ask us if we would like refills. But we had a great evening, and will go back!Special Features:
- Romantic/Exciting!Mellow44VIPDined on 4/9/2014Excellent spot to have a romantic/special dinner!! The service was great by all we came in contact with from the time we walked in the door!! The food was more than exceptional. It was flat out outstanding and more than enough! We highly, highly recommend dining here with your special someone! I would also recommend it as a great place to hang out at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To done24dinnerDined on 4/5/2014Ordered my steak medium and it came medium well the steak was not as good as the last time i vistedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding experienceJohnDined on 3/12/2014We went there for my wife's birthday. Our experience at the Cincinnati Ruth's Chris has always been positive in our past visits to there and this was no exception. We were seated immediately in a booth, as we had requested. The table was set up to honor my wife on her birthday. Our waiter, Lance, was friendly and efficient without being obtrusive. The veal ravioli appetizer was excellent as it has been at past dinings. We think their filet mignon is the best of any steakhouse and again they were cooked perfectly, medium rare for my wife and medium for me. They presented a complimentary dessert to my wife which actually was enough for both of us! We have eaten at Ruth's Chris' across the country and this rates with the best of them.Special Features:
- Celebration dinnerJoelatoDined on 3/11/2014We celebrated a birthday on this occasion. The staff did a great job of recognizing the birthday. They had confetti spread on the table and provided a complimentary dessert with happy birthday. The plate had happy birthday written in chocolate along with their name personalized on the plate. At the end of dessert, staff took a photo and placed it in a card titled--"You look more sizzling than our steaks"--a nice touch! Food was outstanding, service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good to goSkipVIPDined on 3/8/2014Another good experience at Ruth's Chris Cincinnati. Good food and Richard and his Team took great care of our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedCruzzieVIPDined on 3/7/2014Ruth's Cris is by far my favorite restaurant and I NEVER have any issues. Suprisingly this changed during my last visit. I ordered the filet well done, as I have done before, and it was extremely dry. I did eat a few bites at the restaurant and took the rest home. I did not complain to management because we were running behind for a movie. I did try warming it up at home and adding some A-1 sauce (which I never have to do) but it didn't help and I pitched my leftovers.Service was great as usual and I will return eventually.Special Features:
- Food is delicious especiallyfRm87Dined on 2/26/2014Food is delicious especially the filet! I would definitely recommend the Ruth Chris Choice where you get salad, entree, and dessert for a set price. It saves a lot of money. The service was a decent, a little kinks and it was tough finding our server at times. Waited awhile to get one to attend to us. Had to get up and find someone. Other than that great night and left stuffed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2014The experience of Ruth's Chris is simply amazing. Please take your loved ones there and enjoy everything they have to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Okay service this time.dine86Dined on 2/22/2014We've been here a couple of times. We had a reservation and they seated us at the high top bar tables (usually for walk ins) because we preferred not to go upstairs. Service was not as great as usual, not sure if that was because they didn't seat is at a regular table. The restaurant was also busier than the other times we visited so that might be why service wasn't at the same level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See our full review on Yelp : )GigisCupcakesKenwoodDined on 2/22/2014Had never been to Ruth's Chris Steak house before but had heard some great things about it. So glad we chose to dine here. Staff was knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating . Steaks (T-Bone and filet) and sides were divine. Ahi-tuna appetizer was also out of this world. My wife commented that the tempura onion rings were the best she had ever tasted and I had to agree. We did not think we needed desert until we tasted the Chocolate sin cake with ice cream on top with an incredibly smooth filling inside that perfectly married the dish together. Turned out to definitely be the perfect end to a perfect dining experience. Eloquent ambiance and convenient parking (elevator from below grade parking garage located just outside) - God Bless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a beautiful eveninglovebirdDined on 2/22/2014We had a beautiful evening for our Anniversary. Everyone was friendly and they all knew it was our Anniversary. The service was excellent and I can't brag enough about how perfectly the food was prepared. An overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedDinerDined on 2/18/2014Steaks were ordered med to med well and they all came out rare, our sides were wrong. Very disappointed in the service. Server was not attentive and not very knowledgable with the chef specials or the prices. Dirty dishes were left sitting on our table way too long. We were celebrating a special birthday and I didn't want to ruin our fun by complaining to a manager. We expected more than what we received from a restaurant like this.
- Birthday was specialMc2177Dined on 2/16/2014We went to RCSH to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and he loved every minute of it. Steak was cooked perfectly! Julie was our server and she was the best! Thank you for the cake and picture! That is a nice gesture and for sure something we will not forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceDeeoneDined on 2/15/2014Me and my fiancé visited the Cincinnati location for valentine celebration, having dined at your Louisville several times I had high expectations, and you did not disappoint, 2 thumbs up we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent steak, salad wasronnieDined on 2/15/2014excellent steak, salad was excellent, side dishes were good, dessert excellent. Don't know why Polly Campbell (enquirer) only gave it three stars. I think she's in love with Jeff Ruby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak ROCKSStephandStretchVIPDined on 2/15/2014We've been to several Ruth's Chris over the years. This was our first visit in Cincinnati. Our steaks were fantastic. Melt on your mouth perfect. The au gratin potatoes were okay, but Flemings does a better version. We were seated near the bar, so the ambiance was lively. Beautiful restaurant. Our server seemed new. She wasn't familiar with the bar drinks. Overall, we had a very nice time and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we orderedChipcinnatiVIPDined on 2/15/2014This is a modern, upscale and comfortable restaurant with tables spaced far enough apart so you won't hear everyone else's conversation. Service was friendly. We enjoyed the food we were served. But we weren't served the specific cuts of steaks we ordered. Neither my wife nor I immediately noticed we had been served the wrong cuts. When we figured it out (after eating about half our meal), we asked the waitress. The waitress said she had known about the mix-up since the moment we were served, but chose not to tell us. I guess she was hoping we wouldn't notice. Her response didn't sit well with us. The manager comped our steaks. That was unnecessary, but appreciated and appropriate. The experience, like the food, was not what we asked for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereasuttbeauDined on 2/15/2014The food and service were amazing. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We were in a bit of a time crunch, to get to the ballet on time following dinner. As soon as we told our waitress, she was sure to bring things out in a timely manner. The table had red heart confetti which was a nice added touch since it was Valentines day weekend. The food was all cooked precise and melted in our mouths, we'll definitely be coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryJBoADined on 2/15/2014Great seating and excellent attention to our needs. Nice recommendation on wine. Allowed plenty of time to relax & enjoy our meal. Very thankful for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was wonderful! From the Lobster Mac 'n cheese, to the Filet; to the creme brulee. Every was so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- review of Ruth's food and serviceJMGRAGDined on 2/14/2014I must say I was less than impressed. The restaurant had so many tables crammed into one small spot that the server kept bumping our chairs. Additionally, our seat was in the path of the door so whenever trhe door opened very cold air blew by our table. in fact, we ate with our coats on. We needed to keep asking for what we wanted or needed: Drink refills, sweetner, bread, etc. While our food was good, it was not $200 good. We won't go back.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/10/2014Awesome as usual! Food always consistent. Service is top notch.