Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati
100 E Freedom Way, Suite 160
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (513) 381-0491
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stephen Delucia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth"s Catering in Cincinnati, OH - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth"s Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Sehlhorst x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati
Ruth"s Chris Steak House in Cincinnati, OH serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth's Chris' genuine hospitality. So whether you're a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and off site catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (61)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (40)scenic view (20)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Spend your find dining $$ elsewhereMysteryachieverDined on 11/1/2014My husband chose R's C for his birthday celebration, thinking it would stack up to the great dining experiences we experience in the city's other fine venues. Not even close. The restaurant itself is attractive, in a conventional way. When we were seated, the table had some confetti and a torn piece of cardboard that said "Happy Birthday". The waiter, Richard, would have been more at home at a TGI Friday's, referring to my husband once too often as "The Birthday Boy". (We are both quite a bit older than him.) So we chuckled when he brought us a small dessert that read, "Happy Anniversary", and wished us the same. Food-- unspectacular. There are much better places for steaks, especially at these prices. There were no wows- at all.
- Exceptional as alwaysTravelladyDined on 10/31/2014We love Ruth's Chris! When we travel we continue to make it our routine to visit Ruth's Chris in other cities because we know it's always consistent. While in town this week we took friends for their first time who had special dietary needs and you're staff was spot on. Adjustments were made and their meal was perfect. The wait staff was excellent. It was just a perfect evening. We'll continue to make Ruth's Chris our go to place.Special Features:
- Outstanding FindValerieBDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I along with another couple made reservations for a double anniversary dinner. WOW! Absolutely amazing dinner. From the food to the wine to the added personal touch of rose petals on the table. Not to mention a dessert of ice cream and cheesecake on the house. We will definitely return because this steak house has it right! Thanks!Special Features:
- Great way to celebrate a birthday!MandaKateDined on 10/25/2014From the moment we walked in until the time we left the restaurant, we were treated with superb service and attention by the entire staff. It was my husband's birthday, and the confetti and birthday card on our street-view table was a nice touch. We ordered the calamari for an appetizer, filet and lobster tail and strip for entrées, mashed potatoes and sautéed mushrooms as our sides, and the cheesecake with peach compote for dessert. It was all amazing! Steaks were cooked perfectly. There was quite a mark-up on the wine we ordered (realized when buying it in the store after dinner), but I suppose that is to be expected. ;) We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanyDined on 10/22/2014Customer service here is always superb, they must have a great training/hiring program.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special TreatCoupleDined on 10/22/2014My wife and I went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate our anniversary. It was a weeknight so the restaurant was not crowded which made the evening all the more special. The food was fantastic, as always. I had one of their Classic Dinners - reasonable portions of steak and lobster along with a salad and dessert. Not just a deal, but healthful portions. My wife had the shoestring potatoes - talk about a guilty pleasure! Delicious and plenty to share! The servers were fantastic - attentive to our needs, friendly with comments about our anniversary, but also gave us plenty of space to talk and be together. Overall a very special night at a very special place!Special Features:
- Sweetest DayPrimetasteDined on 10/18/2014This was the perfect date night spot for a special occasion. The service was superb and the food was cooked to perfection as always. I like the different menu options that were featured (lobster mac and cheese).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Choices...onulaw76Dined on 10/17/2014We gave this restaurant 3 chances and while it was good food and very good service, for the price - there is better in Cincinnati. Ruby has the steak market cornered in downtown (although definite props to Jimmy G's). If your plans call for you not needing to be in Downtown for dinner, then Capital Grille is hands down the best bang for your steak buck in the Cincinnati area. Ruth's Chris has a chain-feel to it (Capital Grille doesn't, in my opinion). The wine list here is great - excellent actually. Plenty of value and wide range in prices. The location on the Banks is also terrific, but all told, I don't believe that all adds up to me making a 4th visit there.Special Features:
- Perfect anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I went to a steak dinner to celebrate our 5th year anniversary awesome experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- d8tniteDined on 10/7/2014Great food, enjoyable quiet atmosphere. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday dinnerbdaygirlVIPDined on 10/6/2014I selected Ruth's Chris as the place where I would like to have my birthday dinner this year. It was supposed to be my husband, son, & his girlfriend to celebrate with me. However, my son wasn't feeling well, so it was just my husband & me. The weather was crummy, but we went anyway. I was greeted with a table that was decorated with birthday confetti & a birthday card. The meal was outstanding! So glad that I wanted to try this place for my birthday this year. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsLuv2eatoutDined on 10/4/2014We are big fans of Ruth's Chris. There was nothing about our experience at this particular location that we were disappointed in, except maybe with the guy behind us wearing a baseball cap (really?). We all had the filet which as usual was outstanding. The service was top notch. Our reservations were for 7:30 and we were seated promptly. By the time we left at 9:30 the bar was hopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodieStarrVIPDined on 10/3/2014Best upscale steakhouse in Cincinnati! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- First timerPurkyDined on 10/3/2014Fantastic steak and service ! We will be back, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PortRuschDined on 9/27/2014The shrimp appetizer is simply perfect! The shrimp is cooked to perfection and the sauce and bread to dip with is unbelievably decadent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only the luckyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014This place is ridiculously high priced but the food is outstanding. The menu is not up to date, however, and two things I tried to order, they did not have. The waitress forgot my app order, but we were given two desserts gratis. The presentation of the asparagus was sub par especially since it was touted as a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Celebrated our son's 21st birthday here and they made it special by having birthday confetti on the table, a birthday card waiting at his seat, a table by the windows, and one of the nicest birthday restaurant desserts I have seen. The filet was outstanding as was the ribeye. The augratin potatoes were a little too cheesy for my liking but were still quite good. Our kids loved the shoestring fries and the helping was very generous. Asparagus was excellent and so were our ceasar and farm salads. The service was exceptional - could not even suggest any improvements in this area. We will definitely return to celebrate our next special occasion.Special Features:
- excellentginaDined on 9/20/2014Great food and service we cannot wait to go back they even called us to let us know about several festivities going on and recommendations on where to parkSpecial Features:
- 2nd Time at RC and same experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2014We were seated promptly at reservation time and had "best table in house" hostess said. View was nice, but had to ask several times to get the window shades up to see the view. Food well I am a big Jeff Ruby fan but thought we would give RC another try. My filet was dropping in butter when asked for light butter. Not a fan of their style of making them. Potatoes gratin was delicious and bread was subpar. Sorry RC you won't be seeing me again.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationrheidemanDined on 9/13/2014My sister and brother-in-law had never been to Ruth's, so we went to celebrate her birthday. She had the "best steak ever." That says a lot in a meat eating city like Cincinnati! The filet mignon was tender, tasty and gives local competitors something to worry about.Special Features:
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014The only problem was the noise level I don't like the cafeteria feel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GreensburgINfamilyDined on 8/30/2014We went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate my husband's birthday. We have eaten at Ruth's Chris before, but not at this location. The service, food and atmosphere was all wonderful! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSherryDined on 8/30/2014Ruth Chris was very good. Food was wonderful. Service was wonderful. Little extras for our anniversary -- rose petals on the table, picture taken and give to us at the end of the meal. Only complaint was that we were not asked if we wanted dessert. It was brought to us automatically on a plate with Happy Anniversary on it and then our picture was taken. When we got our bill, there was a $4.50 charge on the bill for the dessert. I did not appreciate being charged for a dessert that I would not have ordered. It wasn't the $4.50, it was just kind of tacky to bring us an anniversary dessert and then charge us for it. Otherwise everything was excellent!Special Features:
- Happy AnniversarygreatdateDined on 8/17/2014Quite by accident I heard about restaurant week on its last day. But we were able to get a reservation to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. The steak at Ruth Chris was the best we'd ever eaten. We can never eat steak anywhere else. The wait staff was the best and though they were busy, they still made us feel special.Special Features:
- CK1WMDined on 8/17/2014Honestly I would say I was disappointed.My Husband's Birthday was celebrated here. The table was decorated but he did not receive the "SURPRISE' that was promised at the end of the meal. My friends along with us participated in the Restaurant Week menu and up graded to a 16oz rib eye steak for an extra $18.This was average grade meat as far as I am concerned. I have gotten better quality meat myself from my own shopping choice . The side dishes were low quality The mushrooms were under cooked the mash potatoes tasted like Instant box potatoes. The sweet potato casserole was good and the petite bread pudding was nice. I wanted to check about the quality of the steak and asked the manager and he said this was there regular menu selection.Special Features:
- AmazingrabbitmlDined on 8/17/2014The most amazing steak that will melt in your mouth with excellent service and friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff Ruby'sambianceDined on 8/17/2014This is a Jeff Ruby's establishment which speaks for itself. The service and food was good.Special Features:
- Outstanding each and every visitMrapplegateDined on 8/17/2014We are a middle income family but always save to eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Special occasions we are here. Give them a heads up and you'll find rose petals awaiting you at your table for an anniversary dinner. Service is always impeccable. You feel pampered because you have a head waiter and two or three assistants who help. The food is amazing, but I have to admit I don't venture far from my favorite, the fillet mignon and a side of mashed potatoes. The fillet melts in your mouth and the mashed potatoes are a perfect creamy delight. For dessert you can't go wrong with the chocolate sin cake. Chocolate dessert at its best. Let's just say you won't be disappointed when you eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb eveningEric4x4Dined on 8/16/2014I took my girlfriend here during OpenTable week for her birthday. The hostess was extremely polite and professional. We were promptly seated and we had both a waiter and an assistant assigned to our table so service was expedient and well mannered. The atmosphere was warm and comfortable, and the little bit of confetti on the table (Happy birthday) was a perfect touch. While we had both planned on sticking to the open table menu, the filet and shrimp just looked too good to pass up. The caesar salad was perfectly dressed. The portion size was respectable assembled perfectly. The filet was cooked to exactly my request, med-rare and the meat was amazingly tender and flavorful. Desert was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Anniversary and BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Food was very good except my wife's filet was undercooked and delayed us leaving for Bengal 's game. Wait staff was very nice, accommodating, and professional. Celebrated a special occasion and the staff made it a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reputation precedes It's selfRianbyzDined on 8/15/2014Ruth's Chris is as lovely as you have heard. Our family of 4 recently visited during Restaurant Week to celebrate our anniversary and our last son leaving for college. The food was divine, wine list extensive and service was very good.Special Features:
- I'm just not sold...abloomerVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have now eaten at Ruth's Chris at least 5 times and I am unimpressed. I much prefer Mortons, Smith and Wolensky, or any of the Jeff Ruby establishments. Ruth's Chris soaks everything in butter and it's so heavy that I always leave not feeling well. The steak comes out in a puddle of butter. I've had the lobster tail twice and it's been overcooked each time. Bottomline, it's expensive and it should be a whole lot better for the dollar.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceBirthdayDined on 8/15/2014Food and service were top notch. Took my husband for his birthday, we had a nice time. Our waiter "Scott" was very attentive and provided great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal - Will Be BackFancySingleGalsDined on 8/15/2014Have been wanting to go to Ruth's Chris for a long time - even before one opened in Cincinnati. Downtown Restaurant Week was the perfect opportunity to check it out. I was seated at the top of the stairs. Initially, I did not care for the seat as everyone who entered walked past our table. However, through the course of the meal, I noticed it much less. View of the riverfront and the street activity below was great entertainment during dinner. Onto the food. My friend and I both ordered the filet-medium. It was deliciously seasoned and so tender. The middle of my steak seemed almost rare, however, the plates are heated to 500 degrees, so it cooked my meat as my meal progressed. So it was always medium. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ServiceLov3s2eatDined on 8/14/2014The food was delicious. Sweet Potato Casserole beyond my expectations. But, the star quality was the service. We went for Restaurant Week, very busy and easy to be passed over. However, there was never a time that we didn't feel "passed over". The attention to detail, water glasses always full, boxing up the left overs, knowledge of the wine list...Awesome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014We tried this restaurant because the prices were a little lower for restaurant week downtown. We had a very good experience so we would return.Special Features:
- exceed expectionsjoeyDined on 8/14/2014We went during restaurant week and expected a lot less than we received. The sevice was outstanding from the front desk greeting to the goodby and thanking you for joining them to dine. The waiter was superior in handleing a party of six and his suggestion and explainations of items on the menu were great. First impressions are very important and the phone conversation regarding the reservations were so plesant and accomandating that i couldn't wait to get there. It was truly a pleasure to dine At Ruth's Chris in Cincinnati.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuziDined on 8/14/2014Great food. The noise level was varied. We were in a small room with a largish party so until they left it was quite noisy. Pricey.Special Features:
- ElistarElistarDined on 8/14/2014The food was great! Seasoned perfectly and fresh. The service was average, I had to find a waiter to get an iced tea refill. Reservations were made 8 days prior and we were seated in the bar area. We were told we didn't qualify for "Happy Hour" because we were not in the bar. However, we were in the same room as the noisy bar and were seated 3 -4 feet from it! It was a little disappointing, but the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week mealCincyCDined on 8/13/2014We dined at Ruth's Chris for the first time during Restaurant Week. Our party of four agreed upon leaving that we'd just had an average meal. Our salads and entrees--steaks and crab cakes--were very good. However, the side dishes we had including mushrooms, potatoes and creamed spinach were rather bland. The restaurant ran out of bread which was very disappointing. We were looking forward to the bread pudding dessert but it too was did not live up to the good reviews we had read about it from Ruth's Chris restaurants in other cities. Overall, this visit did not entice us to return.