Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chicago
431 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7734/Chicago
- Phone: (312) 321-2725
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm;
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jorge Fernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Chicago, IL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner, birthday or anniversary party. Our private rooms can accommodate from 5 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Chiarodo 8772754561
- Cross Street: Hubbard
- Public Transit: The restaurant can be reached from the Blue Line & Red Line. On the Red Line get off at Grand and proceed west to Dearborn St/head South on Dearborn & the restaurant will be two blocks up on your left. On the Blue Line get off at Clark & Lake and proceed east to Dearborn St/head North on Dearborn/the restaurant will be three blocks up on your left
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for $12.00 curbside & there is one pay to park lot on Illinois and State. Street parking is extremely difficult.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chicago
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Chicago, IL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)romantic (60)notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (34)hot spot (16)great for lunch (11)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- I'm in LOVE!DoughBabyDined on 11/20/2014I've never has a bad experience at Ruth's Chris!! BRAVO. Was my collegues first time and she just said, 'I'm in Heaven!' :-) Yet another Score.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great Service..but you do pay for it!LocalDined on 11/17/2014The food and service was fantastic. Our waiter was attentive and helpful with the wine list. The special lobster mac was a nice change. Steaks cooked perfectly! Be prepared to pay for it though.. Dinner for 2, bottle of wine, 1 app, 3 sides, 2 steaks.... $252 before tip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLJeanVIPDined on 11/15/2014This was my first disappointing experience at Ruth's within several years of dining. There were 3 of us in my party and we all ordered lamb chops (medium +) unfortunately 2 orders were severely under cooked (medium rare in most areas). The other order was over cooked (well done). The restaurant was extremely crowded and we figured the kitchen was probably swamped. Although, we understood this, it was still disappointing. However, our waitress Karen was GREAT!
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2014Jon was my waiter, excellent service. Drinks were a plus. Celebrated mom's birthday. Best option for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best Ruths Chris experiencelikingoodeatinDined on 11/11/2014Steaks were outstanding as usual. Server was slow throughout meal, uncharacteristically. Ambience wasn't as nice as other locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointedCJDiningVIPDined on 11/10/2014I won't be returning to Ruth's Chris Steak House. Not that it's bad, but there are other steak places in Chicago which are much better. We ordered the filet which did not have much flavor and had more gristle than a filet should have. The asparagus was good, not over cooked, and the hash browns were very tasty.Special Features:
- Hot butter plates!THSteveDined on 11/9/2014I have eaten at most of the top steak houses in Chicago, and this is still my favorite. I cannot find anyone who can beat not only the quality of the cut of meat, but the sizzling, butter laden plate the steak comes on. My favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimandChristinaDined on 11/9/2014Very goo dc food, waiters are very attentive, restaurant is extremely kid-friendly. Our waiter made excellent suggestions. Even the bus boy made an excellent suggestion on drinks when we asked him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food!BrandonBDined on 11/9/2014Went here for my birthday with some friends and enjoyed it quite a bit! You can easily spend over $50 a head but it's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for anniversaries!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014We went to Ruth Chris for our 5 year anniversary. It was amazing! The drinks were great, service outstanding, and the meal was perfection! They even gave us an extra dessert for our anniversary. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Terrible ExperienceEAT8Dined on 11/8/2014We had a reservation for 6:30 - we did not sit down until 7:15. Sat at the bar in the dining area downstairs, where the ambiance was perfect. We were seated upstairs in a very bright, outdated, rundown room. Our waitress was at our table one or two times total, someone else brought bread, asked if we wanted more (because the food was taking so long we ate it all) and never returned. We ordered our steaks medium well and they were very overdone - dry and chewy. Our waitress spent a lot of time at the other tables around us, but she basically ignored us - couldn't even catch her when she walked by.
- TerpVIPDined on 11/7/2014Always a treat - one of the best steak houses in Chicago and elsewhere. Wonderful steaks, entrees and deserts. The ambiance is nice - not as nice as other Ruth Chris' locations - for example the one in Boston - but a very comfortable restaurant. Service is friendly and good. Have been here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent service!DaokieDined on 11/6/2014Great food ! My wife and I had the Fillet and Shrimp. The shrimp was right up there with the beast We've ever had. The steak was good but one end was a bit over cooked. The bread pudding andre me brûlée were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014For the price and emphasis of quality at Ruth Chris, steaks should be perfect. Medium done means pink inside; neither of our steaks were pink inside. Too done, not juicy or flavorful. Waitress didn't come by after our food was served and never asked if our food was cooked to order. When she finally did, we had already eaten half so it wasn't worth mentioning but we did tell her that the potatoes weren't cooked and she did take them back and then took them off our bill. I thought that was handled very professionally but we shouldn't have been put in that position concerning our steaks. Disappointing.
- OK but not greatmamamoreDined on 10/25/2014Close quarters as for seating. Could hear the people beside olus entire conversation. Service was great but I felt rushed & watched. In less than an hour 2 separate times the hostess came over to notate which tables were almost done eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sizzling steak is phenomenalAg7ag7ag7VIPDined on 10/25/2014I swear by the petite filet with extra butter. Also got the crab cakes, which were delicious. The new lobster macaroni and cheese is one of the best dishes I've ever had - love the slight kick the green chiles gave the dish. If you have room for dessert, the chocolate explosion is a perfect night cap.Special Features:
- Great FoodJGFoodDined on 10/25/2014As always Ruth Chris does not disappoint. The Ruth Classics are a great bargain and about the right portions for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up!Pooks2Dined on 10/25/2014This was our first time at Ruths Chris in Chicago. It was phenomenal. Great food and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as usualLoveRuthsChris1Dined on 10/24/2014Food was great, service was great, wine was great. We need to get another one in KCSpecial Features:
- the best steak in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I've been to pretty much every prime steak restaurant in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. Ruth Chris is the best when it comes to steak. Every time I try another steakhouse and some are pretty good but Ruth Chris still is the best seasoned steak I've ever had along with being MELT IN YOUR MOUTH TENDER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatMonkVIPDined on 10/22/2014We love Ruths Chris no matter what location.The food is always perfect and the service excellent. Mason is the best!!
- Steak with buttergorbeckVIPDined on 10/20/2014The butter and salt overwhelmed the perfectly cooked meat. The over buttered mushroom sides added to the unpleasant eating experience
- It was our last evening in Chicago.ReederSrDined on 10/18/2014I don't generally go to chain restaurants but I loved that place! Great atmosphere. The bone-in rib eye was the best ever. Sorry I don't remember our servers name but he had a great personality and represents the restaurant so well. It's a long way from LA but I'm sure to stop there again when I'm back. I'll test the waters and try one here locally. Report to follow.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerlittlebirdVIPDined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary at Ruth's Chris and it surpassed expectations. William was phenomenal and made our night even more special. He went out of his way to make sure it was special. Even had candles in the dessert. This was our best visit yet, looking forward to many more.Special Features:
- Come here for the beef!AnnieCatDined on 10/10/2014A friendly and experienced bartender started us with marvelous cocktails - a delicious martini and a Manhattan prepared exactly to my friend's liking. But all of that paled when they brought our dinner. First, our server made very sure the orders were accurate and described exactly what we would be seeing on our plates. One NY strip, and two filets - each done to absolute perfection. Seared on the outside, the beef was succulent within; and the pinot from J vineyards was a perfect complement. We usually opt for seafood, so this splurge was especially enjoyable and satisfying.Special Features:
- Butter!!MambaVIPDined on 10/9/2014It's Ruth's Chris!! You know what you are getting! The best steak with butter that you can find! Had the filet special with three lemon pepper shrimp and a crab cake. Excellent! With a side of loaded hash browns. Extremely well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014great service the waiters was real nice and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but very overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014Basically it's decent food and decent service, but is extremely overpriced. Considering the price, I would have thought we would have much larger portions for our sides. Their wine is over-the-top too expensive for what you get.
- AMAZINGMamashutt06Dined on 10/4/2014Great service awesome food worth every penny!! Worth the wait for a table and a little pricy but absolutely worth every penny .... By far the best thing I have ever tasted !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerpVIPDined on 10/3/2014Always good - both for food and service. Great, great steak house.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Expected MoreJoyLVIPDined on 9/30/2014The steak salad was boring: a small pile of field greens with some half-cooked red onions. The steak was delicious but undercooked. The asparagus was too salty to enjoy. There are much better steak salads in Chicago!
- Steak House mustSteakloverDined on 9/29/2014Although a chain of Steak Houses under the Ruth's Chris name, the steaks here cannot be denied. Always excellent, cooked just right, great sides, good wine and not rushed. A must try if you have not been here.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceRaoul9466Dined on 9/26/2014My hotel was right across the street from the restaurant. Spied it on my arrival. Great food, always consistent when traveling. This particular Ruth Chris was very well appointed and the staff was great. The menu was a little different than most Ruth Chris which was surprising.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak, steak and more steakMaryLovesSteakDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed a fabulous anniversary dinner here recently. It's our favorite steakhouse and it delivers consistently excellent prime steaks and delicious sides for two. Service is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant,waiter scammedJeffVIPDined on 9/20/2014This should be a 5 star rating. Dinner was wonderful as usual. I gave our waiter my credit card and a $50 gift certificate. He subtracted $20 from our bill and put the balance on the credit card. When I caught it, he said the gave me the wrong bill. He did not. He returned in 30 seconds with another credit card slip with the $50 credit applied. He has done this before, and other similar things , if he thought the customer was not paying attention. He looks like a long time employee who knows how to play the system.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentLMG1963Dined on 9/16/2014The service was excellent and not pushy. The food was excellent and done to specifications. Restaurant comfortable, enough privacy to conduct a meeting. No loud music to drown out the conversion.Special Features:
- good steak - bad seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014steaks were great. the place was empty, but we got seated right in front of the kitchen entry for dirty dishes, trash, etc. thanks god no smell but still...when complaining about it to the head waiter, I got a weirdo explanation that they have a shift system that placed us on that table n front of the kitchen door, and they did not offer to re-seat us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014God bless our waitress -- clearly a seasoned practitioner -- for the solid service, because the beef was a huge turn off. My ribeye could have been purchased at the Jewel Osco down the street. It's clear to me now why Ruth's Chris slathers it's steaks in hot butter before serving. They need to cover up the shoddy quality of their meat with delicious butter, but make no mistake: their beef has no business charging actual steakhouse prices.
- Great Steak!Fabs66Dined on 9/11/2014Had a great dinner while visiting Chicago at Ruth Chris...highly recommend dinner regardless of the city you are in. Always a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not excellentMaybonesVIPDined on 9/7/2014Both of our chopped Salads were bitter and had to be sent back. One steak was really poor and tasted like an old super market steak. Could Not eat it. Garlic sauteed spinach tasted steamed only and sauteed mushrooms for the steak were way over-sized and nothing like what we expected, and did not add anything to the steak as they were about 2" tops, not the typical sauteed caps. They did comp us for the poor steak But we were really very disappointed, all in all.