Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chicago
431 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/7734/Chicago
- Phone: 3123212725
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm;
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jorge Fernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Chicago, IL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner, birthday or anniversary party. Our private rooms can accommodate from 5 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Chiarodo 8772754561
- Cross Street: Hubbard
- Public Transit: The restaurant can be reached from the Blue Line & Red Line. On the Red Line get off at Grand and proceed west to Dearborn St/head South on Dearborn & the restaurant will be two blocks up on your left. On the Blue Line get off at Clark & Lake and proceed east to Dearborn St/head North on Dearborn/the restaurant will be three blocks up on your left
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for $12.00 curbside & there is one pay to park lot on Illinois and State. Street parking is extremely difficult.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chicago
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Chicago, IL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (56)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (10)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Come here for the beef!AnnieCatDined on 10/10/2014A friendly and experienced bartender started us with marvelous cocktails - a delicious martini and a Manhattan prepared exactly to my friend's liking. But all of that paled when they brought our dinner. First, our server made very sure the orders were accurate and described exactly what we would be seeing on our plates. One NY strip, and two filets - each done to absolute perfection. Seared on the outside, the beef was succulent within; and the pinot from J vineyards was a perfect complement. We usually opt for seafood, so this splurge was especially enjoyable and satisfying.Special Features:
- Butter!!MambaVIPDined on 10/9/2014It's Ruth's Chris!! You know what you are getting! The best steak with butter that you can find! Had the filet special with three lemon pepper shrimp and a crab cake. Excellent! With a side of loaded hash browns. Extremely well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014great service the waiters was real nice and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but very overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014Basically it's decent food and decent service, but is extremely overpriced. Considering the price, I would have thought we would have much larger portions for our sides. Their wine is over-the-top too expensive for what you get.
- AMAZINGMamashutt06Dined on 10/4/2014Great service awesome food worth every penny!! Worth the wait for a table and a little pricy but absolutely worth every penny .... By far the best thing I have ever tasted !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerpDined on 10/3/2014Always good - both for food and service. Great, great steak house.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Expected MoreJoyLVIPDined on 9/30/2014The steak salad was boring: a small pile of field greens with some half-cooked red onions. The steak was delicious but undercooked. The asparagus was too salty to enjoy. There are much better steak salads in Chicago!
- Steak House mustSteakloverDined on 9/29/2014Although a chain of Steak Houses under the Ruth's Chris name, the steaks here cannot be denied. Always excellent, cooked just right, great sides, good wine and not rushed. A must try if you have not been here.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceRaoul9466Dined on 9/26/2014My hotel was right across the street from the restaurant. Spied it on my arrival. Great food, always consistent when traveling. This particular Ruth Chris was very well appointed and the staff was great. The menu was a little different than most Ruth Chris which was surprising.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak, steak and more steakMaryLovesSteakDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed a fabulous anniversary dinner here recently. It's our favorite steakhouse and it delivers consistently excellent prime steaks and delicious sides for two. Service is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant,waiter scammedJeffVIPDined on 9/20/2014This should be a 5 star rating. Dinner was wonderful as usual. I gave our waiter my credit card and a $50 gift certificate. He subtracted $20 from our bill and put the balance on the credit card. When I caught it, he said the gave me the wrong bill. He did not. He returned in 30 seconds with another credit card slip with the $50 credit applied. He has done this before, and other similar things , if he thought the customer was not paying attention. He looks like a long time employee who knows how to play the system.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentLMG1963Dined on 9/16/2014The service was excellent and not pushy. The food was excellent and done to specifications. Restaurant comfortable, enough privacy to conduct a meeting. No loud music to drown out the conversion.Special Features:
- good steak - bad seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014steaks were great. the place was empty, but we got seated right in front of the kitchen entry for dirty dishes, trash, etc. thanks god no smell but still...when complaining about it to the head waiter, I got a weirdo explanation that they have a shift system that placed us on that table n front of the kitchen door, and they did not offer to re-seat us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014God bless our waitress -- clearly a seasoned practitioner -- for the solid service, because the beef was a huge turn off. My ribeye could have been purchased at the Jewel Osco down the street. It's clear to me now why Ruth's Chris slathers it's steaks in hot butter before serving. They need to cover up the shoddy quality of their meat with delicious butter, but make no mistake: their beef has no business charging actual steakhouse prices.
- Great Steak!Fabs66Dined on 9/11/2014Had a great dinner while visiting Chicago at Ruth Chris...highly recommend dinner regardless of the city you are in. Always a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not excellentMaybonesVIPDined on 9/7/2014Both of our chopped Salads were bitter and had to be sent back. One steak was really poor and tasted like an old super market steak. Could Not eat it. Garlic sauteed spinach tasted steamed only and sauteed mushrooms for the steak were way over-sized and nothing like what we expected, and did not add anything to the steak as they were about 2" tops, not the typical sauteed caps. They did comp us for the poor steak But we were really very disappointed, all in all.
- ReefDined on 9/6/2014Excellent Stuffed Chicken With Extra Cheese Two Thumbs Up I Would Gladly Come Back For It AgainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Buttah…MikeDined on 9/6/2014The steaks at Ruths Chris are awesome. The filet I had cut like buttah… We were seated right away. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks, great service!ChicagoBestDined on 9/5/2014Wife and I enjoyed our dinner! The service Eric provided us was simply fantastic. He recommended us a great wine bottle to go with juicy steak. Nicely decor. We celebrated our anniversay and they fixed us a nice dessert plate. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for what you getMMontVIPDined on 9/3/2014The steak is made perfectly but it's cost makes you think twice... I was alone and was sorted next to the bar instead of at the dining room. The noise was more than I like when I'm eating. Service was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceCHSTravelerDined on 9/2/2014Our party grew from 4 to 9 om short notice and it was accommodated in stride. Service was great. Dinner was enjoyed by all! But then that what Ruths; Chris is all about. good food, great service and consistency every time.Special Features:
- see belowOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014The food, as always, was marvelous. The service on this visit was below the usual high standard for Ruth's. Wait staff was slow to come to the table after I was seated, slow to take order, got some elements of the order wrong. Generally, I felt the wait staff wasn't interested in me. The house manager came by to apologize and did discount the meal, and I do appreciate the gesture, but by then I wasn't interested in talking, I was just annoyed. I don't know how this will affect my desire to go to the Chicago Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodNicoleVIPDined on 8/19/2014My favorite at Ruth's Chris is not their steak. It's their stuffed chicken, crab cakes and sweet potatoe souffle. The sweet potatoe souffle is delicious (even with ice cream)! Their au gratin potatoes are very tasty too. The food is consistently good and I always know I'm going to get a consistenly excellent meal at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- excellent mealBillDined on 8/18/2014The steaks were outstanding and served on an extremely hot plate which maintained a hot temperature throughout the meal. The loaded bake potato was wonderful. They had an excellent and extensive wine menu. The ambience was excellent and the waite staff was very intentive. On the whole it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- RUTH CHRIS MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT!!spudneyDined on 8/16/2014RUTH CHRIS HAS THE BEST STEAKS EVER AND THE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE IS OFF THE METER. I LOVE IT!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayMikeDined on 8/15/2014Took a friend here for his Birthday. He'd never been there. Loved it. Food was great, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine!123foodVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is excellent. I had the ahi tuna seared for an appetizer it was cooked perfectly. I had a salad and the broccoli au graten which was fabulous. Worth dining. The drinks are costly but were doubles. one drink is enough.Special Features:
- Best Steak in Town!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014I've been to all the high end steak places in the area and Ruth's Chris is the absolute best! They blow away, Gibson's, Morton's and Perry's. I only wish they had a restaurant in Oakbrook!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Server was great and made us feel special for our anniversary. An added plus as the manager came by and wished us well and gave a fantastic dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SON-IN-LAW PREGAME DINNERDADDYL1VIPDined on 8/8/2014I TOOK MY 3 SON-IN-LAWS & SON TO DINNER BEFORE THE CHICAGO BEARS FOOTBALL GAME AND WE NOT ONLY HAD A WONDERFUL DINNER BUT THE SERVICE WAS GREAT,AS USUAL. I ALWAYS HAVE A EXCELLENT MEAL AT ANY RUTH CHRIS ANYWHERE IN THEW WORLD.Special Features:
- Undercooked steakDanblakeDined on 8/7/2014I have eaten hear a lot and would not expect to get a radically undercooked steak. Ordered medium rare, it was still cold, not cool in the middle. It was less than rare. Server never came back to ask how things were cooked, had to get a bus boy to get someone to take it back. This is the first problem I have ever had here, so I will give them one more shot.
- LPFoodie2Dined on 8/2/2014Our steaks were outstanding.. great flavor and taste!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Great food, amazing steaks!!!!!!! The smells are the best and are free!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!ChooseChicagoVIPDined on 7/25/2014One of the best "value for price paid" steakhouses in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time thereJeffDined on 7/19/2014Great experience all around for a first visit. Will probably frequent the South Barrington location as it is closer to the house. The Chicago location was used to help celebrate a friends birthday who lives in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend GetawayDebszooDined on 7/18/2014Another excellent dinner at Ruth Chris in Chicago - a favorite restaurant of ours. This was the first time our steak was overdone, but we didn't say anything because we were on a time line to catch the subway to Wrigley Field for a concert. Service was excellent, as usual. A little on the pricey side, we noticed it was more than last time we were there, but still worth paying for on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysLOVELYDined on 7/17/2014As always the place is never a disappointment. The food is always awesome. I just can never get enough. I have visited many steak houses in Chicago and none have met the standard or the satisfaction as Ruth ChrisSpecial Features:
- great choice for steakjoAllenDined on 7/17/2014Everything was good. Classic menu selection was Great to keep you on budget. Plan to return in near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic.MikeDined on 7/12/2014This steak house has no frills. Traditional steak house menu with attentive service, but prices to match downtown Chicago. It's location is its low point. Tucked into the heart of River North and the tourist mecca. Valet is a must. Upstairs dining allows for a quieter experience if that's what you're looking for. All around a classic old school steak house experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special night....but not for themInnerview23Dined on 7/10/2014My son and I dine at Ruth's Chris to mark special occasions. It is pricey but in the past the food and the service is so impecable that it is worth it. Not this visit. The restaurant was not overly busy. We were there on time for our reservation. Our waiter acted like he was working at Denny's. No professional pratter. Our drinks went unfilled. Our food was sloppy in presentation, came out too quickly and we waited forever for the bill. Our "special occasion" was ruined by awful service. I tipped 20% because as a former restaurant server myself, I understand the importance of tipping. However, if one is "lucky" enough to work at a pricey, high-end steakhouse, one should actually WORK to make the dining experience worth it.