Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga
2321 Lifestyle Way
Chattanooga, TN 37421Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.net/
- Phone: 4236025900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:45pm; Dinner Nightly: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Roger Burrows
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth"s Chris Steak House - Chattanooga offers a wide variety of private dining options. From intimate luncheons to extravagant cocktail parties to networking breakfasts and client dinners, Ruth’s Chris will ensure your next event is a great success. Private party accommodations for 10-400 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Winn Delugas 4236025900
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga
The Ruth’s Chris tradition of custom-aged, USDA prime steaks, served with the signature sizzle and legendary hospitality, thrives in Chattanooga. Start your unforgettable dining experience with the signature Shrimp Remoulade, featuring chilled jumbo shrimp and a classic Creole house-made dressing. For your entree, indulge in an extraordinary cut of steak such as the tender, juicy Filet or a classic New York Strip. If it’s seafood you fancy, indulge in a fresh Maine lobster. Unwind with a selection from the award-winning wine list and enjoy the warm and inviting dining room atmosphere, and you’ll quickly be reminded why the Ruth’s Chris brand is synonymous with refined taste, exceptional service, and top notch cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga - Best Restaurants in Chattanooga ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (40)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (13)good for groups (12)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Anniversary Spot2travelbugsDined on 9/19/2014Celebrated our 35th Anniversary and staff made it specials by sprinkling Anniversary decorations on the table and restaurant provided a free dessert. One can never go wrong with Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Trip to ChattanoogaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Every aspect of the evening was very warm and pleasant. We were in town for a wedding of our very dear friend's Daughter ( At Grandview,on top of Lookout Mountain). We stayed at Embassy Suites where we always try to stay if available. With Ruth's Chris next door, it was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodRSEheartDined on 9/13/2014As always the ribeye was perfection. The only disappointment to my wife was Key Lime pie was not on the dessert menu. She had some at the Ruth Chris in Grand Rapids, MI and was exceelent. She was hoping for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main course not warm enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Gumbo soup was delicious, service and ambiance terrific! My only complaint is that my husband's dish (pork chop) and my own (shrimp and crab cakes) could have been served warmer. He changed his up by substituting sauted mushrooms over the chop, rather than apples, and the mushrooms were great and piping hot....perhaps the rest of the foot grew less-than-warm while waiting for the mushrooms to be ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong at Ruth's ChrisrabbittDined on 9/12/2014Love a great steakhouse, and that's what Ruth's Chris is....a great steakhouse. However, I had the Oysters Rockefeller and was shocked at how GOOD this was....at a Chattanooga steakhouse! In addition, the steak, spinach, onion rings, and mashed potatoes were all very very good. We had Jeremy as our server, and he was very attentive, made great recommendations, and very friendly. Can't go wrong at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was awesome.Angel7399Dined on 9/12/2014I would recommend the restaurant to anyone. It was absolutely amazing. Service was great. Everyone was very professional. I can't wait to go back. That was our third time dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DannyboyDined on 9/9/2014I and many of my friends and aquaintances do not understand why this restaurant was located at the mall instead of downtown and/or on the River. The added atmospere would have really made it a big hit. The food and service are as good as Knoxville, for example, but the location in Knoxville would cause me to drive the 100 miles for a personal event over the Chattanooga location, in fact we have done just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific steaksmegsbugDined on 9/1/2014The food was great, steaks practically melt in your mouth, best steak I've ever eaten. Service was great. Went with a gift card. They overcharged the amount and i didn't discover it til the next day, otherwise it was a nice experience. Will be back for lunch just with less money on my gift card than i expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Pricey FoodJimmoDined on 9/1/2014This was our first experience with this Ruth's location. The room was very nice, and the service (David) was outstanding - perhaps the best we've ever had in Chattanooga. We both had the pre-fix dinner, hers was filet and shrimp and mine was filet and lobster tail. The steak house salads were excellent and the steaks were both prepared as ordered and were very good. Sides were creamed spinach which was excellent and fingerling potatoes which were overpowered by the sauce. The shrimp and the lobster were both slightly over cooked but would have been ok had it not been for a heavy dose of paprika - we won't order those again, they would have been much better if simply broiled and served plain. Overall, nice for a once-in-a-while occasion.Special Features:
- Fabulous!HopeToReturnDined on 8/31/2014Celebrated daughter's birthday here. It is a rare gem to find a restaurant with superb food, outstanding service and excellent atmosphere. Ruth's Chris, Chattanooga hit every category on the mark, exactly! From valet, hostess, server and manager, this group was perfect! Food was absolutely wonderful from salad to dessert! Can't praise this dining experience enough!Special Features:
- Lunch Menu Is Great!Runner05Dined on 8/30/2014I was thrilled to find out that our local Ruth's Chris restaurant was open for lunch. The food was fantastic! The service was even better. I will definitely be dining again there soon.Special Features:
- FantasticiVolDined on 8/23/2014This was our second time dining at Ruth's Chris' and the experience was just as good as the first. The steaks were cooked to perfection, the ambiance was relaxing, and the wait staff was accommodating and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Waiter in training was slow and somewhat inattentive. Drinks were especially slow to be served.Special Features:
- Excellent as USUALspikeDined on 8/16/2014The best Birthday MEAL EVER!!!! We will come back time after time after time..."NEW AGE" Steak restaurants can NOT TOUCH the quality and experience you get at RUTH's CHRIS!! Thank you!Special Features:
- Below standardLuvgreatfoodDined on 8/9/2014I have dined at many Ruth's Chris restaurants and expect great food and great service. This restaurant has a long way to go. The facility is great but the food and service were not great. I did not eat half of my food and no one even cared to ask why. Service was very poor. Not worth the trip or the money.
- CelebrationMRITDined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating my son's 18th birthday and brought him and his girlfriend. It was there first visit at Ruth's Chris and they had an awesome time. Loved the food and the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food and service was great. the special touches were wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Great steakPhilDined on 8/9/2014Best steak ever. Only thing you need to get is a salad and a filet. Forget the sides and do not get the barbecue shrimp appetizer. Service rocks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteBertDined on 8/9/2014Ruth Chris is a wonderful place to dine. I would recommend to all my family and friends. The service and waitresses are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was exquisitewrayDined on 8/6/2014We went for our anniversary. The server brought out some 'Happy Anniversary' confetti and sprinkled on the table. We received a complimentary dessert that came out on a plate with 'Happy Anniversary' written in chocolate. The service was wonderful. Great experience.Special Features:
- Food and service was greatBeezerDined on 8/2/2014As expected they delivered excellent food and service. By far this chain flies high above others, but keep in mind, it is a splurge event if you are not well paid. The acoustics are well, perfect, you would swear the place was empty but not so. It is a pleasure to be able to talk to your table mates.Special Features:
- DrRuxpinDined on 8/2/2014Food A+++++ Service A+++++ We enjoyed our experience at Ruth Chris Chattanooga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasiontastetesterDined on 7/26/2014Pleasant, attentive staff. Made celebrating our move to TN special. Excellent meal...large portions.Special Features:
- RUTH'S CHRIS IS OVER-RATEDDISAPPOINTEDDined on 7/22/2014WE WERE DISAPPOINTED IN THE FOOD. THE BREAD WAS SERVED COLD, THE LOBSTER BITS APPETIZER WAS STRINGY AND TOUGH, AND MOST DISAPPOINTING WAS THE FILET, WHICH DID NOT LOOK LIKE A FILET, WAS EVIDENTLY AN END PIECE, AND CONTAINED GRISTLE AROUND THE EDGES. AT THE PREMIUM PRICES CHARGED, ONE WOULD THINK THIS RESTAURANT WOULD DO A MUCH BETTER JOB WITH THEIR FOOD SELECTION AND PREP.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightFulltummyDined on 7/18/2014The entire night was fantastic! Food was out of this world! Service was exceptional as well. Couldn't have been a better night. I proposed to my beautiful lady also!!! She said YES!! Thank you for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablewill2eatDined on 7/17/2014We really enjoyed our meal. Great place with a good atmosphere. Food was excellant and more than we could finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality in pricingTastetestDined on 7/12/2014Service was nice. Bread was very good! I appreciated the waiter giving us plenty of it, although he was not as vibrant as more memorable waiters (not a big deal though). The food didn't take long and was very hot which I appreciated since I'm a slow eater. I did not order steak, which is their specialty, because I really wanted chicken. So, excluding the steak, I felt that the price of the food was not justified by the quality/taste of the food. Trust me, the chicken was good (soft and juicy), just not amazing. The "garlic" mashed potatoes tasted like boxed potato flakes and were low on salt. Salad had iceberg lettuce (not impressed) which was wilted.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris Reviewsm49Dined on 7/4/2014Excellent food, iPad menu was a visual benefit. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruths ChrisDavisVIPDined on 6/28/2014Always good food and service. Steaks excellent. Had a great ribeye cooked to my taste.Special Features:
- Birthday funHappy627mealDined on 6/27/2014Was a great experience for daughters birthday snd the serverEddie was the BESTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantdarlindixeDined on 6/26/2014Our server Tristan was super and the visit by Chef Randy was awesome!!! They made our anniversary special and one we shall remember. I promise you we will be back sooner than a year from now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itDJHubDined on 6/26/2014We had lunch there for my gran daughters birthday. They made it special for her and she loved it. First time to have lunch there and it was very good.Special Features:
- Fantastic Everything!SmokinButterflyDined on 6/18/2014We were celebrating birthdays and father's days and it was definitely memorable. The server was very informative and personable but not over the top. We felt like she genuinely cared about our experience at Ruth's. My family had never been to this restaurant and was blown away by it!Special Features:
- Over-cookedJ62MDined on 6/14/2014I have eaten at Ruth Chris many times in other locations around the country. This visit my steak was over-cooked. I wanted medium well and the menu said that would be a pink center, no pink and over-cooked. The steak was not the normal Ruth Chris quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gov. peayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/12/2014I have eaten at 3 of the RC restaurants - the one in Metairie, LA about 25 years ago, the one in midtown New Orleans 16 years ago (may be the original, closed now, I think), and the one in Chattanooga. That's few times, a long span. The experience was similar at all 3. The food is very good. Of course steak is their signature product and very good. I've never had their seafood, poultry/pork, or desserts. The salads and appetizers, and vegetables are very good. Wine is good. The prices are high - not moderate, not other worldly high. It is pretty much an a la carte menu. Because of the portion sizes, essentially 50 to 100% more than most people eat, the prices are not excessive. I rate it as a 4 to 4 1/2 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerfoodieTnDined on 6/1/2014Celebrated our Anniversary by going to Ruth Crist Restaurant. We have wanted to try since they came to the area. We had a great experience our server was attentive but not intrusive. Food was very good, nicely presented. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 256 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Chattanooga reviews archive.
- Tons of foodLuv2eatDined on 5/23/2014The portion sizes are huge. Steaks came out sizzling - maybe just a tad too hot. My steak was medium but I ordered medium rare - still tasted fabulous. Service is fabulous. Found out after we got our meal - you need to split a dinner because the amount of food is really more than one person should eat. Every side dish is enough for two. Everything is delicious.Special Features:
- Not fit for Human consump.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014I usually do not complain about restaurants , when food is not absolutely tops. But when I pay at least 3 times what I pay to get a great meal, steak, at say Longhorn, and theres are great, I expect to get great food and service. This was my wife and I"s first time at YOUR steakhouse. Our Steaks were very tough and fatty ,just greasy. I chewed about half of my steak, for a while and finally layed it on the side of my plate because I could not swallow it. The onion rings were very heavy and greasy. The service was at best average, We were constantly waiting for refills , even asking for them.
- Exquisite as usualDuaneGVIPDined on 5/20/2014Everything you'd expect from Ruth's Chris. The staff is excellent and attentive to every detail. Very quick to learn regular customers and their desires. Impressive staff! Great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a special dinnerHungry2Dined on 5/19/2014When I made my reservation, I told the restaurant that it was for a birthday. They put confetti on our table and offered a complimentary dessert.Special Features: