Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cary
2010 Renaissance Park Place
Cary, NC 27513Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cary
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-cary.com/
- Phone: 9196770033
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Matt Bowling
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Lauren Lane - 919.677.0033
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cary
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cary - Best Restaurants in Cary ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cary reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (33)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always a winnerSirenaVIPDined on 10/25/2014we actually used our Open Table dining cheque on this visit! nothing like Ruth Chris for free :-). Food was excellent and the wait staff was wonderful - professional without being pompous. We have dine at this location several times and have always found it to be up to par with what you would expect at a Ruth Chris restaurant.Special Features:
- celebration spotdctravelerDined on 10/19/2014We had a family birthday celebration dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House and from the time we arrived to when we left, the experience was exceptional. The wait staff was attentive without hovering, very knowledgeable about the food, and the steaks were perfectly cooked for everyone. The side dishes arrived piping hot and were delicious. The wild mushroom side dish was wonderful. They served my mom's birthday dessert with a single candle, a nice touch.Special Features:
- Not as good as last time...2inCaryDined on 10/18/2014We eat at RC many times per year, and as always, we focus on the steak. First of all, it was good...but it wasn't great. My Wife's steak was supposed to be medium rare...it was well done. The server/kitchen quickly rectified this but even then our steaks were not as good as in the past. We will go back, but hopefully this was a one off drop in quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice date nightvikbmartDined on 9/29/2014took advantage of their set menu which was salad, entree, side, dessert for $39.99. Everything was really good and service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Best Ruth Chris in TriangleConradDined on 9/20/2014I'm a long standing RC customer. After the Durham location disappointed a few times I decided to give Cary location a chance. WOW everything was exceptional !! I even received a phone call the next day from a manager to make sure we were happy! Great place to eat !! Highly recommend this location !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laurVIPDined on 9/16/2014have been to this particular Ruth Chris twice before and food had been excellent. This time the food was ok to good but not the usual outstanding caliber. Service was outstanding though and all in all we had a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Meh.Annaya81Dined on 9/13/2014Always delicious food though service this time was a little iffy. Forgot my husbands wine, my steak was done incorrectly and we had some billing issues at the end. Usually a 5 star experience, this time was more "Meh."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From a Chef's Point of view...FoodCriticDined on 9/12/2014I feel Ruth Chris is over rated & over priced. Caesar Salad was prepared with hearts of Romaine and no dark green leaves with tiny little croutons. The 16oz. Ribeye was just ok. It was cooked to the correct doneness but couldn't eat abt. 6oz. of it. The "eye" of the Ribeye was very good but the rest was fatty and grizzle. Had a hard time cutting through it with a steak knife. Took it home for the dogs! My Wife's Filet was a little over cooked and was not as tender as our "Choice" Center Cut Filets we make at home. The Cocktails for the price could have been stronger. I had to request more water & bread from the busboy as no one noticed it was needed. Bread was not impressive either. Steaks are avg. $50, Sides are $10 & Drinks start at $14.
- Good, but over seasonedBeforeSymphonyDinerDined on 9/11/2014The salmon and fingerling potatoes were over seasonedSpecial Features:
- Review of Ruth's Chris in Cary, NCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Because of the cost, for us, this restaurant is a special occasion place to eat. We celebrated my wife's birthday and they thoughtfully placed flower pedals on the table and provided a delicious complimentary dessert for her. The only problem was that her rib eye had a bit of gristle in it. That really should not happen with a properly cut prime steak. My filet was outstanding. The service was first class and we had a very enjoyable and memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak at Ruth ChrisIrishDined on 9/4/2014WE both had filets-medium rare. They were perfectly done and we heated them some more on our sizzling plates. We shared a shrimp cocktail-that was perfect for two people. The shrimp were HUGE and delicious.Special Features:
- excellentWaltzwomanDined on 8/30/2014Food outstanding, service impeccable. Enjoyed the selections on the spcial offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerhighclasseatingDined on 8/30/2014I enjoyed everything about Ruth's Chris. I had always wanted to go and it exceeded my expectations. The service was excellent. The cocktail drink was excellent. The food was excellent. The environment was beautiful. I will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!!!!MDToCaryDined on 8/29/2014My waitress was Amy. She was AMAZING!!! She was knowledgeable and non-intrusive. Not annoying like most waitresses can be (interrupting your conversation 4-5 times during the course of the evening). She sort of showed up at the right moment without me having to look for her!!! The ambiance was perfect for a quiet birthday dinner with my husband. It was clean and everyone I encountered was friendly. The food was phenomenal!!!!!! Being from Maryland, I figured I'd try the Maryland crab cake to gauge the chef's culinary skills. It was PERFECT!!! All-in-all, the whole evening was fabulous!!! Not one complaint, and I'm a huge stickler for customer service. I will definitely be returning!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's ChrisWMaKDined on 8/29/2014Food and service were both excellent. Our only complaint is that the main course took a long time to leave the kitchen. All things considered, we will be dining there again.Special Features:
- Pretty goodSteakloverDined on 8/29/2014Visited twice this past week and had the filet/shrimp entree on the $39.95 menu. Steak on Monday was better that the Friday one. On Friday, my filet was too small to accommodate the shrimp (placed on side). Filet Friday was good....not great, was smaller and a little "grissly" on one end. Others at the table ordered the filet/shrimp combo. and their steaks looked much better than mine. The shrimp was neatly placed atop theirs. My steak should have been discarded in the kitchen. I didn't request a replacement as I just didn't want to disrupt an otherwise great evening. Both times the shrimp was "rubbery". Other parts of the meal were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with my husband!!!!DtreviewsDined on 8/28/2014Went for my bday dinner and had a wonderful meal. The manager even gave me a free cheesecake for my bday. They never disappoint us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatDaveVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always high quality steaks, in a quiet atmosphere suitable for special occasion or business dinners. Service always professional. Nice bar area too. Wine list offers enough options from reasonable to expensive.Special Features:
- Fantastic!FatBastardDined on 8/22/2014The food and service were excellent. Steaks are US prime - so they melt in your mouth - even if you order it Med-Well! Ashley was attentive and suggested a gluten free dessert for my wife, without being informed she was on a gluten free diet. Very informative staff. Great place for a special occasion. The shrimp in the Shrimp cocktail were the size of baby arms. ;) The lobster tail was cooked perfectly - best seafood I've had in NC. The cheesecake is ridiculously large, easily serves 2. To "almost" quote Ferris Bueller - "If you have the means, I strongly recommend it". Dinner for 2 was just under $200 -without wine. On par with Morton's, Capital Grille or Mcormick & Schmidts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks...birthdaygirl64Dined on 8/17/2014Filet=$41...Salad is extra at almost $9 for a C.Salad. Veggies are extra also. VERY pricey; but, we knew that going in. Had to ask server to turn down music. Suggested instrumentals not vocalists as that is disturbing when you're "dining". Lively music is ok for a TGIFs; but, not here. VERY DARK atmosphere. If it were lighter yet subdued lighting, we might have seen that our steaks were not done to our request. Leftovers came home to a microwave...sliced steak, microed for 50 seconds to get to medium done. Steaks soaked in butter=greasy tasting. Not for family dining as kids will not appreciate a $50 plate of food.(steak, mashed pots).Special Features:
- Didn't quite live up to the billingAtownfudieDined on 8/16/2014I had been told by friends that it (RC, in general) was the best steak they'd ever had. I cannot agree with that sentiment. The salad and sides were good and the dessert (honey cinnamon cheesecake) was outstanding. Décor was inviting, but the lighting was too low- could hardly read the menu.Special Features:
- Great Night OutFoodieDined on 8/11/2014Celebrated my anniversary and it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- awesomeDined on 8/1/2014I went to the restaurant last week for my anniversary and it was a great experience!!Special Features:
- Our Favorite Restaurant!ellenDined on 7/31/2014My favorite pork chop .... the lobster was very very delicious and bigger than its plate... and the service was impeccable, as always! Our favorite restaurant in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Our server, Bailey, was bubbly and knowledgable. There were rose pedals on the table and the hostess wished him a happy birthday as soon as we walked in the door. The manager came by, gave us his card, and told us our table number so that we could request it again. The food was very good, but it was the service that will have us coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster was delicious!SusanSDined on 7/25/2014They ran a terrific lobster special that was delicious! It was cooked perfectly and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a great experienceenjoygoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014the food was good and the service also. The Ambience was unexpected. We went there for our 40th wedding anniversary and they seated us next to the kitchen with dishes clashing. The music was loud and not conducive to what we were looking for in a romantic evening. They did turn is down, but it was still distracting. The manager had a real attitude when we talked to her. That was unexpected. Will find a different restaurant next time.Special Features:
- living up to the repZeuserDined on 7/19/2014The Ruth's Chris franchise has a strong rep, and this location lives up to it. The food and service were each top notch, staff was knowledgable, friendly, and even a little playful. It's a beautiful facility. Of course, bring your credit card, you do pay for all of this, but you knew you were going to have to do that to begin with.Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Had dinner with my family. We had high expectations and were not disappointed. Appetizers were well done. The porterhouse for two was terrific. The service was attentive and impeccable. Easy to recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- THAT SPECIAL TOUCHLyzaVIPDined on 7/17/2014Celebrated two very social occasions on Thursday evening at our favorite Ruths Chris in Cary. We were seated at a table that was beautifully set with fresh rose petals gracing our tabletop. What a wonderful surprise! The rest of the evening was as special in every way. Going that extra mile was greatly appreciated. Little things DO mean a lot.Special Features:
- Good but expensiveFLchickinCaryDined on 7/12/2014As always, Ruth Chris does not disappoint. However, I think they have lost a little respect for the $. Prices have gone up and up and menu has remained the same. I understand paying for quality and service level for $45 for a steak alone is a bit steep. Sides are pricey too and my Augratin potatoes were under cooked and hard. I requested my desser to go as I was quite full and when I got home, it was not packaged as requested. I'm not parcial to the "peach compote" so I asked for it on the side rather than drowning my cheesecake. Disappointment! All in all 3 out of 5. A few years ago I would have rated it 5 of 5. Over $200 for a meal, I expect a lot more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysSarahDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I go to Ruth's Chris for pretty much every special occasion and sometimes just because. We love it amd this trip didn't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion SteakscountrygirlatheartDined on 7/5/2014Ruth's Chris Steak House is a wonderful place for special occasion dining. The team approach to the wait staff is pleasant and well-managed. The aroma of fresh bread was noted immediately upon my arrival and that is always welcoming. I appreciated the fact that I could try a wine before getting a glass, as I was thinking about something different that evening. Although I am not a huge steak eater, the ribeye, cooked perfectly medium, made me an immediate fan. Although it doesn't sound too appetizing, the creamed spinach is quite delicious. The overall experience was very nice. If I had to search for something, I would say the tables were a bit close together to maintain the best level of privacy and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 557 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Cary reviews archive.
- ExceptionalRKCHDined on 7/1/2014Loved spending some quiet time with family for a special birthday. Food was amazing, as usual, and the service was incredible - personable, attentive but not intrusive. Sat rather close to kitchen and the music that we supposed was to drown out the kitchen noise made it hard to hear one another at times.Special Features:
- 48th AnniversarypjandpjDined on 6/29/2014Dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House was an excellent way for my wife and I to celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary. The steaks were very good, cooked to perfection, the side dishes were excellent and the service was always available but never intrusive. We have have found that the ambience at the Cary restaurant is far superior to that at North hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- j4650kDined on 6/27/2014Food was too saucey and too salty. Service and ambiance was very good.Special Features:
- Table seatingDineproDined on 6/21/2014When we go out for a nice dinner to an upscale restaurant we are looking for quiet, relaxing...we were put at a table for two in a corner that backed up to a wall...you really can't have any private conversation because there is another table for two right next to you..,no chance of private conversation. Then the music was a little loud..we love the food there... Just seems to be an issue when two of you seating wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Father's Day dinnerdml219Dined on 6/15/2014Took my husband there for Father's Day and it was really nice. We had a little mishap with one of the appetizers and it had to go back but it was quickly attended to and the rest of the evening went very well. My filet mignon was terrific.Special Features:
- Great Place!RestaurantDebDined on 6/14/2014Although this restaurant is expensive, you can taste the difference and understand why. Our group enjoyed everything we ordered. The Lobster Bisque was very creamy with bits of lobster (delicious). The steaks were cooked to perfection. They arrived at our table sizzling in butter, tender and juicy. The side dishes we ordered and shared were: Potatoes Au Gratin, Creamed Spinach, Sautéed Mushrooms, and Sweet Potato Casserole (again, delicious). The Crème Brulee, which is my favorite dessert, was absolutely perfect. Johanna (our server) was friendly, knowledgeable, attentive, and enhanced our already wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014This is my second time dining at Ruth's Chris, both times at this location. This time I chose off the Triangle Restaurant Week menu, and was pleased as always. I chose a salad as my appetizer, and the scallops as my entree. The scallops were perfectly cooked, and paired well with the spinach they sat on. My partner had the filet, which was perfectly cooked as always, and we shared the scalloped potatoes (one of his favorites). The chocolate sin cake was so heavy there was no way I could have eaten it myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.