Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary
Suite #294, 115 - 9th Ave SE
Plus15 level at the Calgary Tower
Calgary, AB T2P 0G5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisalberta.calgary/
- Phone: 4032463636x
- Hours of Operation:
Ruth's Chris Steak House Calgary is open for Lunch Monday through Friday 11:30am to 2:00pm Dinner. We are open for Dinner every night of the week. Dinner hours are Monday to Saturday 5:00pm to 10:30pm and Sundays 4:00pm to 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Ruth’s Chris Steak House Calgary, we offer a unique dining environment that can be utilized for a variety of different needs. The Mahogany Room and Renaissance Room can accommodate 10 to 24 people and are perfect for meetings, family gatherings, and birthday parties. Whereas the Great Room, the Lounge, and the Main Dining Room can accommodate 25 to 200 people and are ideal for larger group presentations, weddings, and cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Leigh Pukin (General Manager) 4032463636x
- Cross Street: 9th Avenue South and Centre Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ruth's Chris Steak House Calgary now pays for your parking!!! If you dine in the restaurant after 5:00 pm or on the weekends, we'll cover your parking charge from the Palliser Parkade. Accesses off of 9th or 10th avenue, park in Palliser West, take the elevator to the second level, and we are right outside the elevator doors!
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary
When you visit Ruth's Chris, you soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the U.S. & ALBERTA Prime steaks, broiled to perfection at 1800 degrees, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and exceptional level of service, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Calgary is in the heart of downtown, conveniently located on the second floor at the base of the Calgary Tower, just one block south of Stephen Avenue pedestrian mall. Along with our a la carte menu, and our complete menu with complete entrees starting at $25, we have some great feature nights as well; Prime Family Time Sundays offering ALBERTA certified prime, Prime Rib, and Wednesday night delight, where two can dine for $99. Whether it is for a romantic dinner for two, an important business luncheon, or a quick dinner before the big game, Ruth’s Chris Steak House will give an experience that “SIZZLES”!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)romantic (63)fit for foodies (48)notable wine list (47)good for groups (31)scenic view (29)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Very Good; Very ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014This is a very good restaurant - top notch, in all ways including food, service, ambiance BUT have your wallet wide open when the bill comes and you realize you spent $130 for the steak (only).Special Features:
- Food was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Steaks cooked to perfection....wonderful sides, as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Calgary Restaurant!SteakLoverDined on 10/18/2014We chose from the many steak offerings and we were delighted! Cooked exactly as ordered. Alas, in my experience, this isn't so common anymore. The sweet potato side was incredible, as was the chocolate cake with the peanut butter topping. As you may be able to tell, by the time we had dessert, I'd made good use of the superb wine menu. Our server Adam was great, the rest of the staff(hosts, hostesses and bus-boys) were quite friendly. Of our only two negatives, only one could be changed by the restaurant itself: the dessert/drinks menu was a bit out of date. As for the other; guests are like neighbours, you can't always choose them! Overall, we've already recommended Ruth's Chris to others and will continue to do so unreservedly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak not as great as expected!BusDinDined on 10/18/2014I have visited Ruth Chris restaurant on several occasions at lunch hour with business clients and found the experience to be excellent. Generally we order the seafood options. Food, service, and ambience were all great! Unfortunately this weekend I visited the restaurant to celebrate a birthday and to test out the steak specialty which I have been advised Ruth's is known for. Both my wife and I were not impressed with the servings we had. Ambience and service were both excellent as usual. I will still use the restaurant for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th anniversaryNickDined on 10/11/2014We went to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Everything was very good. For sure we will return to commemorate another special occasion.Special Features:
- nice evening outanniversaryDined on 10/10/2014staff was friendly, food was good, came out in a timely manor and was hot. Portions on the larger side for an upper scale restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing birthday event.Px520Dined on 10/9/2014Server Daniel was amazingly kind, and gave us a great night. Food was perfectly presented, appetizers tasted amazing, steaks were perfectly cooked. And thanks to the kitchen staff for doing a nice looking decoration on our birthday cake plating. Thanks to ruths for giving us a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in CalgaryJayZDined on 10/2/2014The steak was amazing. Service was top notch. Highly recommend going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Excellent food, service. Daniel very professional and informative re menu, yet friendly and not arrogant like at some top class restaurants in Calgary. Been a few times and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakEorranDined on 9/26/2014Had a great meal. I haven't had a better steak anywhere - compares to the nicest places in Houston, TX.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014The food here was excellent but our service was a little slow. Our server was very friendly and knowledgable but it took quite awhile before they cleared our plates and brought our bill.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerFreddyDined on 9/18/2014Steak was marvellous! Appetizers were very good. Sides could have been hotter. Disappointed that we sat for 10 mins at our table without being approached and given water or taking a drink order. The bus boy needed to ask us if we had be helped yet and the maitr de had to send our waiter to our table. Once we were finally taken care of the service was good.Special Features:
- Went for steakBrlhxDined on 9/14/2014I went to Ruth's Chris for steak and end up having scallops...and they were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerscrystalx10Dined on 9/13/2014As a first time diner at Ruth's Chris, the food was exceptional!!!!!!!!! However the price, OMG absolutely outrageous! 2 people 2 dine with a good steak and scallops and a cocktail $110.00 Each. This is definitely for the wealthy or that very special occasion you can save up for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and good food.RobbyDined on 9/11/2014Was impressed with our wonderful waitress. The floor manager stopped by to make sure all was well and that we were happy. I realize that USDA Prime meat is their big selling point internationaly but, I prefer grass finished (Alberta) beef. Hence the four star. This is the home of the best beef in Canada after all. There are ample side dishes available and all is family style. Really like the (very) hot plates so that your meal stays hot while you enjoy the wine and conversation. It also is handy to the Palliser hotel and gets its share of VIPs.Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoodie05Dined on 9/4/2014Food is always terrific, service a but slow but still very good. Would definitely recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeobanfatcatDined on 9/3/2014Service for the most discriminating diners and food that you couldn't fault. If you want a wonderful dining experience this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!Px520Dined on 9/3/2014Just as how I expected, wonderful steaks, great taste. Have never been disappointed by Ruth's Chris calgary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The evening did not disappoint.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was the best steak I have had at a restaurant in a while. I love the way the sides are served - just right for sharing family style, the the sizzling hot plates make such a difference. The meal was fantastic, and the subject of conversation of our guests for the entire weekend.Special Features:
- Great anniversary event!Px520Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was so wonderful! The service was great! The quality of food was outstanding! The steaks were definitely cooked professionally! We loved everything we had! Thanks to Ruth's Chris for giving us a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect anniversary locationNopnuts1Dined on 8/28/2014We really enjoyed our time at Ruth's Chris, our server accommodated my allergies and was very knowledgable about the menu. The speed of service was amazing as each dish took only a few minutes. The tables are very long which can make it hard to hear one another, but this is to make room for the food and drinks. The steaks were cooked perfectly and I doubt any other resturaunt could match their speed of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Have been to many Ruth's across US This one not up to standard The potatoes au gratin were runny - basically just overwhelmed in partially melted cheese The berries with cream should have been advertised as cream with very few berries The steak was good and the service good However for the price you pay you expect all aspects of meal to be "perfect"
- Special BirthdayrhshawnDined on 8/28/2014We celebrated our son's 19th birthday here - always great food, service, ambiance, etc. I wish I could remember server's name, but he was great! Nice small touches for birthday person - and an awesome complementary dessert! Thanx Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calgary is betterGeorgeDined on 8/27/2014We have been to other Ruth's Chris in NA. So far Calgary is the best. Also nice that they have responded to local demand and serve AB beef in addition to the same-old-same-old USDA. Serving staff is mature and courteous.Special Features:
- Great food! Best steaks.Px520Dined on 8/27/2014They definitely have the best steaks ever, service was great, food was fantastic. I dined in at a lot places, Ruth's Chris definitely deserves the best restaurant in calgary. Also they have a great portion for the price. I've been to Ruth's Chris Calgary more than 10 times and I'm never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceKshortDined on 8/26/2014Went to Ruth Chris with my wife. Richard was our server and he was an expert on everything on the menu. The steak and sides were amazing. Will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Seasonal Menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/26/2014Always have an amazing experience at Ruth's Chris. Food this time was outstanding! Their seasonal menu was so good looking, we only ordered from it. Tomahawk steak (Canadian grain fed) was more than enough for 2 people and super tender and just amazing! Lobster mac and cheese... do I need to say more? Actually it should be on their regular menu! And the sauted wild mushrooms were very good too. Debatable if the regular mushrooms are better (much bigger pieces), but both are still perfect! They always do something special for birthday's too. =) Can't go wrong with Ruth's Chris for steak and a special occasion! Just might have to pay for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingmartyDined on 8/23/2014It has been over 2 weeks since I ate here on anniversary date, however I am still thinking about the food I had. At first I was questioning my choice to eat at an American chain for a special occasion but the food blew away my expectations. I believe they have food specific for Alberta as I had a AAA Alberta bone in Filet Mignon. Service was top class.Special Features:
- Great steak!DerekDined on 8/18/2014Been here many times, always fantastic! Expensive but always a nice treat!Special Features:
- Best Steak Ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014First time to Ruth's Chris steak house, the whole experience was fantastic from start to finish. Our waiter Jordan was very helpful and professional. He took the time to go through the menu and explained some differences and Ruth's. Our booth was large and comfortable and it was cool being able to look up centre street from the restaruant. The Food was fantastic!! The Best steak I've ever tasted. AAA Alberta beef, melted in my mouth, not a need for any extra seasoning or steak sauce. Loved the super hot plate that kept my steak warm throughout the meal!! My wife had the salmon and mother had the crab legs which both were great. Loved everything, except a bit pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very best SteakTammyDined on 8/14/2014The dining experience is like no other. You must try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly the best steak worldwide.LeiaDined on 8/10/2014Upon entrance we were greeted and seated immediately. Some of the friendliest and courteous staff were there to educate, serve, and overall create the best dining experience I have, by far, ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpectedhonestfantomDined on 8/9/2014The food quality and service were exemplary. The view was abysmal and if it weren't for the company, the $200 price tag would not have been worth it. Honestly, in what scenario would a 10 oz steak, a small steak, scalloped potatoes and three 6 oz glasses of medium quality wine come to that much?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner saturday nightkitsrushDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service from the minute we arrived to us leaving. Food was excellent server explained menu and what we ordered did not dissappoint would highly reccommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but expensiveLandGPDined on 8/7/2014the food was very good. they do steaks like nobody's business. however, extremely expensive. you can only go there if the company's buying or once a year, at most. there are no sides included with the entree. don't forget that because the addition of sides adds greatly to the price.Special Features:
- A++++simpDined on 8/7/2014Great place, huge portions, and very romantic with a beautiful city view.Special Features:
- Good service - Food needed re-fireCapnTDined on 8/4/2014Unfortunately one of the steaks twice came back severely undercooked (purple raw) - a new steak was provided to the correct temperature on the third attempt. Was told that there was somebody new to the broiler working as the main broiler chef was off. Not the greatest excuse but we were provided with a full replacement of our side dishes as well as desserts for everybody on the house. In the end worked out nicely.Special Features:
- Exceptional as always!Stella1313VIPDined on 8/2/2014New things on the menu and same old favorites! Always a wonderful meal and incredible service! Loved the Mexican soup and Lobster Mac and Cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Look Forward to Dining HereBigKahunaDined on 8/2/2014We always look forward to our time at this restaurant. Even the fish and poultry dishes are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent2gooddinningDined on 8/1/2014I took my friend out for her birthday and we both loved it. We both thought "the best steak every" Its is a bit pricier then I expected but it's worth the extra dollars. Our experience was really great. The staff were very pleasant and courteous. I would definitely go there again. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.