Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary
Suite #294, 115 - 9th Ave SE
Plus15 level at the Calgary Tower
Calgary, AB T2P 0G5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisalberta.ca/calgary
- Phone: (403) 246-3636
- Hours of Operation:
Ruth's Chris Steak House Calgary is open for Lunch Monday through Friday 11:30am to 2:00pm Dinner. We are open for Dinner every night of the week. Dinner hours are Monday to Saturday 5:00pm to 10:30pm and Sundays 4:00pm to 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Ruth’s Chris Steak House Calgary, we offer a unique dining environment that can be utilized for a variety of different needs. The Mahogany Room and Renaissance Room can accommodate 10 to 24 people and are perfect for meetings, family gatherings, and birthday parties. Whereas the Great Room, the Lounge, and the Main Dining Room can accommodate 25 to 200 people and are ideal for larger group presentations, weddings, and cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Leigh Pukin (General Manager) 4032463636x
- Cross Street: 9th Avenue South and Centre Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ruth's Chris Steak House Calgary now pays for your parking!!! If you dine in the restaurant after 5:00 pm or on the weekends, we'll cover your parking charge from the Palliser Parkade. Accesses off of 9th or 10th avenue, park in Palliser West, take the elevator to the second level, and we are right outside the elevator doors!
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary
When you visit Ruth's Chris, you soon understand that this is no ordinary restaurant. From the U.S. & ALBERTA Prime steaks, broiled to perfection at 1800 degrees, to the expertly executed seafood, New Orleans-inspired appetizers, unforgettable desserts and exceptional level of service, this is a steakhouse to which others aspire. Ruth’s Chris Steak House Calgary is in the heart of downtown, conveniently located on the second floor at the base of the Calgary Tower, just one block south of Stephen Avenue pedestrian mall. Along with our a la carte menu, and our complete menu with complete entrees starting at $25, we have some great feature nights as well; Prime Family Time Sundays offering ALBERTA certified prime, Prime Rib, and Wednesday night delight, where two can dine for $99. Whether it is for a romantic dinner for two, an important business luncheon, or a quick dinner before the big game, Ruth’s Chris Steak House will give an experience that “SIZZLES”!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Calgary reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (78)fit for foodies (57)notable wine list (51)scenic view (39)good for groups (38)great for lunch (19)late-night find (14)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Celebration DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014Very nice meal and the staff was very dedicated! Great job and thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent every timeLauraDined on 11/16/2014I have eaten at Ruths Chris in Hawaii and Calgary. Both the food and service is consistently excellent! Always more food than I can finish but it makes welcome leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday meal ever!Sfitzg02Dined on 11/16/2014Made reservation for my husband's birthday, just for the 2 of us. Excellent food, very good service, Great View of the downtown area in the middle of the dining room. I enjoy the private booths they have for 2 guests. Roomy but intimate. They had little birthday decos on the table, a birthday card and the waiter put a birthday candle on his cake and quietly sung a quick happy birthday to him. Would recommend for the husband that enjoys a little special attention, but doesn't like to make a big deal of his birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, not great waiter!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Our dining experience was affected by the less than acceptable waiter ( Cameron). I had invited 2 other couples to celebrate my husbands birthday and choose this restaurant for the meal. The atmosphere was great, but our waiter made some huge mistakes, one being not explaining the style of menu as it was our first time there, so we have to 'drag' the info out of him with many questions about qualities of the sides etc., it would have been better to inquire if it was our first time there and then explain the menu etc. Then he took the appie order and our entre order all at the same time, which seemed odd, but then had the entre arrived before the appies!!!!! My husband (birthday boy) had the entrees sent back, requesting to have the appies arrive as they should. shortly the appies did arrive and the meal continued as it should have, but no one ever came by to apologize for the huge oversight, we felt as though we were be accommodated by them taking the food back instead of feeling as though they were sorry for interrupting our dining experience with having to TELL them they were making a serving mistake. The food was great as I said, but Cameron was never very attentive to us which is something I would have expected at such a fine establishment. The total bill (before tip) was 535.00 and I choose to only leave a $30 tip with is rare for us as we are normally very generous but I felt the service lacked. We will return but not quickly and not with a group as it is easier to deal with such errors when it just the 2 of us. And we will recommend it for the food not for the service. Thank you.....I will sign this "New to Okotoks and loving the night life of Calgary" Marian & Rod WalshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakRickVIPDined on 11/15/2014Difficult to beat the steaks here. Cooked as promised and served on a scorching hot plate. I wish that the starters and sides came out equally as hot. The broccoli was perfectly cooked but only warm at best. The BBQ shrimp is not like what I have had at Ruth's Chris in the US. this version had the same sauce, only luke warm with smallish, insipid shrimp, unlike their larger US cousins. Avoid the BBQ shrimp but enjoy the steak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time Customer! Loved it!!!ClassActDined on 11/11/2014Great view! Excellent food! Awesome server, Cam, with a good sense of humour! Beautiful interior! Loved how the staff made you feel special (even helped me get my jacket on at the coat check) and the validated parking was a great bonus :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceVoelkDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I had dinner here this past Saturday night. I have to say it was a wonderful evening. The ambiance, the food and the service was amazing. The Ruth Chris Chefs really know how to cook a steak. If you don't mind paying a little extra then I would recommend this restaurant...the sides are amazing as well. Lobster Man n cheese was awesome, as was the feature soup, Corn Chowder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal as Always!JML11VIPDined on 11/8/2014We went to Ruth's Chris for my wife's Birthday and as always we had a great meal with awesome service....they even decorated the table! We have a young child and they continue to go out of their way to accommodate us. We keep coming back because of the great food/service but most importantly how welcoming they are to children, which you don’t find as much in other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!ChickieDined on 11/5/2014Accommodated all food issues. Server was knowledgeable and friendly. A great overall dining experience. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good SteakTexasToddVIPDined on 10/28/2014The Alberta filet was outstanding and cooked to perfection. It was not very busy so the kitchen was fast. However, the waitress was slow (for example, she would say she would be right back and would be gone 5 to 10 minutes).Special Features:
- Excellent diningStaplesofDoomDined on 10/27/2014Went here for an anniversary dinner not knowing anything about the place, and were pleasantly surprised,. Great food, great portions and great service.Special Features:
- Disappointed again.JJPW76Dined on 10/25/2014We visited Ruth's Chris for a special occasion and usually visit 1-2 times a year. We were disappointed by a few things that likely will cause us to chose somewhere different for our next special occasion. 2 of the 3 steaks we ordered were undercooked and when you order a steak medium rare and its undercooked it's not overly enjoyable. Sadly the same thing happened last time we were here too. We thought about asking them to cook the steaks more however our server did not come back to check on us until we had almost completed our meal. We didn't say anything because it was a special occasion and didn't want to let it ruin our evening. Everything else was good but for the price I think we'll have to try somewhere new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheekyBarbDined on 10/25/2014Nothing short of the the very best steaks in town! We reserve this place for quiet intimate dinners on special occasions.. Would highly recommend it!!! Staff and food were excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfor2Dined on 10/23/2014The portions are large. Light eaters should share dishes. Main courses were very rich. Loved the food being served on hot platesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good; Very ExpensiveDennis1Dined on 10/20/2014This is a very good restaurant - top notch, in all ways including food, service, ambiance BUT have your wallet wide open when the bill comes and you realize you spent $130 for the steak (only).Special Features:
- Food was GreatBarbDined on 10/19/2014Steaks cooked to perfection....wonderful sides, as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Calgary Restaurant!SteakLoverDined on 10/18/2014We chose from the many steak offerings and we were delighted! Cooked exactly as ordered. Alas, in my experience, this isn't so common anymore. The sweet potato side was incredible, as was the chocolate cake with the peanut butter topping. As you may be able to tell, by the time we had dessert, I'd made good use of the superb wine menu. Our server Adam was great, the rest of the staff(hosts, hostesses and bus-boys) were quite friendly. Of our only two negatives, only one could be changed by the restaurant itself: the dessert/drinks menu was a bit out of date. As for the other; guests are like neighbours, you can't always choose them! Overall, we've already recommended Ruth's Chris to others and will continue to do so unreservedly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak not as great as expected!BusDinDined on 10/18/2014I have visited Ruth Chris restaurant on several occasions at lunch hour with business clients and found the experience to be excellent. Generally we order the seafood options. Food, service, and ambience were all great! Unfortunately this weekend I visited the restaurant to celebrate a birthday and to test out the steak specialty which I have been advised Ruth's is known for. Both my wife and I were not impressed with the servings we had. Ambience and service were both excellent as usual. I will still use the restaurant for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th anniversaryNickDined on 10/11/2014We went to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Everything was very good. For sure we will return to commemorate another special occasion.Special Features:
- nice evening outanniversaryDined on 10/10/2014staff was friendly, food was good, came out in a timely manor and was hot. Portions on the larger side for an upper scale restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing birthday event.Px520Dined on 10/9/2014Server Daniel was amazingly kind, and gave us a great night. Food was perfectly presented, appetizers tasted amazing, steaks were perfectly cooked. And thanks to the kitchen staff for doing a nice looking decoration on our birthday cake plating. Thanks to ruths for giving us a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in CalgaryJayZDined on 10/2/2014The steak was amazing. Service was top notch. Highly recommend going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Excellent food, service. Daniel very professional and informative re menu, yet friendly and not arrogant like at some top class restaurants in Calgary. Been a few times and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakEorranDined on 9/26/2014Had a great meal. I haven't had a better steak anywhere - compares to the nicest places in Houston, TX.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014The food here was excellent but our service was a little slow. Our server was very friendly and knowledgable but it took quite awhile before they cleared our plates and brought our bill.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerFreddyDined on 9/18/2014Steak was marvellous! Appetizers were very good. Sides could have been hotter. Disappointed that we sat for 10 mins at our table without being approached and given water or taking a drink order. The bus boy needed to ask us if we had be helped yet and the maitr de had to send our waiter to our table. Once we were finally taken care of the service was good.Special Features:
- Went for steakBrlhxDined on 9/14/2014I went to Ruth's Chris for steak and end up having scallops...and they were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerscrystalx10Dined on 9/13/2014As a first time diner at Ruth's Chris, the food was exceptional!!!!!!!!! However the price, OMG absolutely outrageous! 2 people 2 dine with a good steak and scallops and a cocktail $110.00 Each. This is definitely for the wealthy or that very special occasion you can save up for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and good food.RobbyDined on 9/11/2014Was impressed with our wonderful waitress. The floor manager stopped by to make sure all was well and that we were happy. I realize that USDA Prime meat is their big selling point internationaly but, I prefer grass finished (Alberta) beef. Hence the four star. This is the home of the best beef in Canada after all. There are ample side dishes available and all is family style. Really like the (very) hot plates so that your meal stays hot while you enjoy the wine and conversation. It also is handy to the Palliser hotel and gets its share of VIPs.Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoodie05Dined on 9/4/2014Food is always terrific, service a but slow but still very good. Would definitely recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpeobanfatcatDined on 9/3/2014Service for the most discriminating diners and food that you couldn't fault. If you want a wonderful dining experience this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!Px520Dined on 9/3/2014Just as how I expected, wonderful steaks, great taste. Have never been disappointed by Ruth's Chris calgary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The evening did not disappoint.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was the best steak I have had at a restaurant in a while. I love the way the sides are served - just right for sharing family style, the the sizzling hot plates make such a difference. The meal was fantastic, and the subject of conversation of our guests for the entire weekend.Special Features:
- Great anniversary event!Px520Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was so wonderful! The service was great! The quality of food was outstanding! The steaks were definitely cooked professionally! We loved everything we had! Thanks to Ruth's Chris for giving us a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect anniversary locationNopnuts1Dined on 8/28/2014We really enjoyed our time at Ruth's Chris, our server accommodated my allergies and was very knowledgable about the menu. The speed of service was amazing as each dish took only a few minutes. The tables are very long which can make it hard to hear one another, but this is to make room for the food and drinks. The steaks were cooked perfectly and I doubt any other resturaunt could match their speed of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Have been to many Ruth's across US This one not up to standard The potatoes au gratin were runny - basically just overwhelmed in partially melted cheese The berries with cream should have been advertised as cream with very few berries The steak was good and the service good However for the price you pay you expect all aspects of meal to be "perfect"
- Special BirthdayrhshawnDined on 8/28/2014We celebrated our son's 19th birthday here - always great food, service, ambiance, etc. I wish I could remember server's name, but he was great! Nice small touches for birthday person - and an awesome complementary dessert! Thanx Ruth's Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calgary is betterGeorgeDined on 8/27/2014We have been to other Ruth's Chris in NA. So far Calgary is the best. Also nice that they have responded to local demand and serve AB beef in addition to the same-old-same-old USDA. Serving staff is mature and courteous.Special Features:
- Great food! Best steaks.Px520Dined on 8/27/2014They definitely have the best steaks ever, service was great, food was fantastic. I dined in at a lot places, Ruth's Chris definitely deserves the best restaurant in calgary. Also they have a great portion for the price. I've been to Ruth's Chris Calgary more than 10 times and I'm never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceKshortDined on 8/26/2014Went to Ruth Chris with my wife. Richard was our server and he was an expert on everything on the menu. The steak and sides were amazing. Will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.