Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead
3285 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/buckhead/
- Phone: (404) 365-0660
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Hours:
Lunch Served Daily: 11 AM – 3 PM
Dinner Served Nightly: 3 PM – 11 PM
2014 Special Holiday Hours:
Thanksgiving: 12 PM – 10 PM
Christmas Eve: 11 AM – 10 PM
Christmas Day: 11:30 AM – 10 PM
New Years Eve: 11 AM – Midnight
New Years Day: 11:30 AM – 10 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Pat Faucher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. Here you will find a wide array of information to help guide you through your event planning process at our restaurants located in metropolitan Atlanta, Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, and Columbia, Greenville, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Located inside of the Embassy Suites Hotel in Atlanta-Buckhead. Our private dining rooms can accommodate 20 – 150 guests. Ruth’s Chris has two private rooms and then can utilize the Embassy Suites private banquet space. Every dining experience is customized to the guests preferences .
- Private Party Contact: Lauren McClean 404-365-0660x
- Entertainment: Ruth’s Hour
Join us for Ruth’s Hour and experience Ruth’s Chris Steak House at prices that sizzle with savings. Monday – Thursday from 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM.
Click the link below to view the menu:
- Special Events: To view our monthly promotions, visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events and check out our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead
Visit Ruth's Chris Steak House in Buckhead, Atlanta's designated entertainment and shopping district. Less than a mile from Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square Mall, Ruth's Chris is located just off the intersection of Peachtree and Piedmont Roads in the lobby of the Embassy Suites Hotel. Richly appointed, this is the perfect location for a romantic steak dinner, business event, or private party. Private rooms for 10 to 150 guests. The restaurant is easily accessible by rail as it is a short two blocks from MARTA / Buckhead Station, N-7.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)fit for foodies (18)romantic (16)notable wine list (14)good for groups (13)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Expecting more in service for pricePatrickDined on 2/14/2014Waitress only checked on us a few times. Food was okay but not well explained. For example shrimp and Grits was not the typical shrimp and grits. The grits had pork bacon in them. What was interesting is we had just asked the waitress to not bring us a side that included bacon. She never put one and one together to determine we could not have bacon. Food was acceptable for the price, so no complaints there. The service and experience of the wait staff did not match my other experiences at that price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well cooked foodMrlankfordDined on 2/14/2014cooked with flavor preserved and wait that will allow quick point conversation!Special Features:
- our first visittakemeoutdearDined on 2/14/2014I wasnt familiar with this restaurant but i know it was a steakhouse. I had to get there so i set a reservation and glad i did. This place serves the most juciest tender delicious steak ever and all they season them with is salt and pepper. Our server was great and the portions were huge. Id love to visit again for my next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was wonderful,KatieVIPDined on 2/8/2014The service was wonderful, everything else was just "okay".
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Donald was our server & was outstanding. He made my birthday celebration with my husband & kids perfect! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceHappyDinerDined on 2/2/2014As always, my dining experience at Ruth Chris was exceptional. A-one service, food and ambiance. A model for all restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lifesaver!Granny10VIPDined on 1/29/2014During Storm leon when Atlanta was declared in a stae of emergency! Ruth's Chris in our hotel! Embassy Suites Buckhead was OPEN! and the food was delicious. Even thought hey had a limited menu and were very short staffed...we had a lovely lunch Our hat is off to this restaurant. We can always count on their delicious Lobster Bisque, huge baked potatoes and divine creamed spinach. We did not have steak for lunch, but they prepare them perfectly. if you are in a city and don't know where to eat, you can always count on a great meal at Ruth's ChrisSpecial Features:
- Special occasion good service,VeracatVIPDined on 1/17/2014Special occasion good service, location good first visit in Atlanta, not as upscale as I expectedSpecial Features:
- We sat in the atrium outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014We sat in the atrium outside the main restaurant and the atmosphere is never the same as inside but the food was as good as usual, no complaints thereI would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveHaney2Dined on 12/31/2013I surprised my husband with a New Year dinner to Ruth's Chris! He has been suggesting dinner here for quite some time ! The food was delicious, ambiance was nice and we had prompt seating! I booked our reservations through Open Table! I will returning to Ruth's Chris soon and I recommend it for others to enjoy! I will definitely refer others to book through Open Table! The Haney'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service we have receivedFredDined on 12/31/2013From the moment we arrived, the service at this hotel based Ruth Chris' restaurant was fantastic. Wait staff was professional, friendly, helpful, attentive but not over bearing. Best of all, we were allowed to split plates without a charge as the portions are extremely generous. Kudos especially go out to our lead waiter, Donald, a local talent, who made our experience one that we will not forget. If you are ever on Peachtree Road near Lenox Square, then this is the best steak we have ever had in this area of top steakhouses (Bones, Mortin's, New York Prime, Capital Grille, etc.). We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAlumniCheerGirlVIPDined on 12/30/2013I celebrated my birthday there with my husband and we had a wonderful time. When we arrived, I was greeted with Happy Birthday and when seated there was a birthday card at the table. The food and service of our waiter was excellent! To end the night there. I was treated with the chocolate mousse and banana bread pudding that was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRobbieDined on 12/30/2013Great food, service, staff, server(Frank), and atmosphere. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turning 30GillyDined on 12/27/2013I scheduled a reservation to celebrate my boyfriend's 30. The restaurant honored my requests by putting us in a quieter part of the restaurant. Once we arrived at our table we found a birthday wish on a card for him. The waiter, Conrad was informed that it was his birthday and made some great choices for entrees and cocktails. Conrad was very professional and attentive to our needs. The reviews we read previously had us shy away, but someone else recommended it and I'm so happy we decided to give this restaurant a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad experiencebarbiegirlDined on 12/25/2013bad experience sides were cold filet was medium rare supposed to be butterflied well done manager on duty saw the filet was way undercooked and that the sides were not made properly fries oily potatoes au gratin was not baked all the was center was cold waitress said others had to send that side item back I asked for filet to be taken off because it came back over cooked and dry and manager on duty only gave 50% off and explained to me why and I was surprised because my whole meal was not hot or undercooked everyone else was eating and I had no food no one offered salad or anything we love ruth's chris but will not return to this location because we had bad episodes here before in the past but all the other ruth's chris locations no issuesSpecial Features:
- overpriced as nd averagebwilliamsDined on 12/25/2013for the price is that they charge Ruth Chris is way overpriced in my opinion the food is just a subpar nothing specialin my opinion I recommend bones steakhouse or Flemings steakhouse. The waiter we had was horrible. when we ask for a to go box he just came over there and set them on our table another waiter who just came by and boxrd everything up for us. And we spent over $200 for this mediocre food at best. I would not recommend this place nor will I ever be back. only a 95 year old woman would think this food taste good, everything had too much salt on it and the steak was $36 and not nearly worth it very small in sizeSpecial Features:
- Exceptional foodSilasnanaDined on 12/24/2013Our meal and service were wonderful, in fact, exceptional. It was a wonderful way to spend Christmas Eve. The ambience left something to be desired. My husband and I were seated at a table for two in the front corner of the restaurant. This was fine. However, directly beside us were a young couple and their two young daughters. I am increasingly frustrated that young parents will bring children out to an expensive, adult restaurant and allow them to get up and walk or run around and speak in an "outside" voice. We spent a tremendous amount of money on this meal to be constantly interrupted by their family conversation. We routinely ask for a table away from small children, but the restaurant was crowded and we let it go. Wish we hadn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to take my mother toOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/21/2013Wanted to take my mother to a nice steak resturant. The service was poor, they don't know how to make a manhattan, and overall, the money wasn't worth it. I hope you let them know. Very disappointing!!!!
- Not one of Buckyead's bestHokeyVIPDined on 12/18/2013Location in a hotel lobby - not the best atmosphere. My steak was over cooked.
- Not worth the price.LessthanpleasedDined on 12/7/2013The fillet was ordered medium but was very tough, limited amount of pink center and hard to chew. Creamed spinach taste like pure butter and the mashed potatoes were dry and not well seasoned. The hostess, wine and water were great. I don't complain while in a restaurant because I expect great service. My remedy to a bad meal investment is to not return.Special Features:
- Great MealBillDined on 12/7/2013Excellent service and a succulent center cut NY Strip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is always impeccable!!VonnieDined on 11/30/2013Never disappointed, great service and great personnel-people. Vonnie Phillips Minneapolis, MNSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its was my 33rd Bday dinnerVinoGrapeDined on 11/20/2013Its was my 33rd Bday dinner and Terrence was Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for average productAlexDined on 11/20/2013Inside Embassy Suites. Poor layout of tables , food Ok.
- Ruth's Chris is steadfastRangerVIPDined on 11/15/2013I can always count on great food and great service. No gimmicks or bells and whistles and I can always rest assured that I don't have to sit near any pencil necked vegans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionouttoeatDined on 11/10/2013all service and food were outstanding. personal touches from the waitstaff for a birthday were great.Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Top NotchHappyDinerVIPDined on 10/13/2013We've tried many steakhouses in many cities. Although we've had good steaks in a number, we've learned that many are inconsistent & might be great one visit but mediocre the next. Ruth's Chris, however, can be counted on unfailingly. The experience always is terrific: delicious food, attentive staff, & a soothing, relaxed atmosphere--a perfect night of gastronomic pampering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brand name, underwhelming foodTBGVLDGADined on 9/28/2013I was really excited about eating here, but although the rest of my table (who all got the filet), was impressed, I felt my ribeye and creamed spinach were mediocre.Special Features:
- Negative experienceNotpleasedDined on 9/28/2013One of the worst experience I encountered at this establishment. Will not be attending this Buckhead establishment in the future...
- We celebrated our 42nd anniversary.chocomooseDined on 9/26/2013We celebrated our 42nd anniversary. Everything was fantastic! They even took the time to give us a nice card wishing us a happy anniversary.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2013Ruth Chris is a great steak house experience. Staff is professional and food is delicious.Special Features:
- What happenned to their meatIspyDinerVIPDined on 9/14/2013I remember some years ago going to Ruth Chris for the first time in Seattle. My memory of that dinner was a big juicy tender steak, perfectly marbled, perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. This past weekend I went to Ruth Chris and got the same steak. It was perfectly cooked and perfectly seasoned, but it was so fatty that I could only eat half of it. I guess when Ruth passed and the corporate greedies took over, they were focused on bottom line and not quality. $50 is way too much to pay for mediocre meal. You won't find me going back to Ruth Chris steak house.
- Ruth Chris $35 and up for a steakStoneMtnCoupleDined on 9/7/2013Ruth Chris located in the lobby of Embassy Suites Hotel Buckhead. We ordered one drink each, two petit filets, very tasty steaks just excellent, Side of sauteed baby spanich, potatos augratin, Mushrooms, split a ceasar saliad, one Chocolate cheese cake slice to go. Excellent food excellent service and table set up. $140.00 sides are $8. We dined with another couple had a great time great meal.Special Features:
- Good food. Took my motherDmcraneDined on 8/25/2013Good food. Took my mother for birthday dinner and she thoroughly enjoyed herself.Special Features:
- Great good and very good service.KyleDined on 8/24/2013Eaten at several Ruth's Chris. This one was one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceluvfoodDined on 8/17/2013I was very disappointed in the overall experience at the restaurant.
- Ruths Chris reviewbraDDined on 8/16/2013I would recommend a house steak sauce to the menu. Something besides A1 or 57. food was greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Deelish!!JayCDined on 8/14/2013Dinner was great. The stuffed mushrooms are a must have and the salmon was cooked to perfection! Thank you to the bartender, who made an awesome Manhattan cocktail. I will definitely be dining again!Special Features:
- Self Indulgence!kitty526Dined on 8/9/2013My husband and I went here for our 14th wedding anniversary and I must say we had a great time. The moment we entered we were greeted by very polite and friendly host and hostess. The table we were provided was cozy for two. However, I did feel a little crowded by how close the next bench chair combination table was to us. It was too easy for both tables to be in each others conversations, unintentionally of course. The lack of privacy was duly noted by both tables. The service was exceptional; knowledgeable waiter, timeliness of the food presented, delicious food. The free celebratory desert was truly appreciated. Pricey but so good. Definitely a special occasion spot. The lighting was too low and could be brightened just a tad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disapointed in thetider92Dined on 8/2/2013A little disapointed in the Steak me and my daughter ordered. A little bit more fat on the steaks then what we usually recieve on the other occasions we've dined at Ruth's Chris. Mine was a lot more rare then what i ordered, medium rare, but still good. Will not stop us from dining there again, however. We have always had great service and food every time we've dined there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.