Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead
3285 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/buckhead/
- Phone: (404) 365-0660
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room Hours:
Lunch Served Daily: 11 AM – 3 PM
Dinner Served Nightly: 3 PM – 11 PM
2014 Special Holiday Hours:
Thanksgiving: 12 PM – 10 PM
Christmas Eve: 11 AM – 10 PM
Christmas Day: 11:30 AM – 10 PM
New Years Eve: 11 AM – Midnight
New Years Day: 11:30 AM – 10 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Pat Faucher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. Here you will find a wide array of information to help guide you through your event planning process at our restaurants located in metropolitan Atlanta, Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, and Columbia, Greenville, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Located inside of the Embassy Suites Hotel in Atlanta-Buckhead. Our private dining rooms can accommodate 20 – 150 guests. Ruth’s Chris has two private rooms and then can utilize the Embassy Suites private banquet space. Every dining experience is customized to the guests preferences .
- Private Party Contact: Lauren McClean 404-365-0660x
- Entertainment: Ruth’s Hour
Join us for Ruth’s Hour and experience Ruth’s Chris Steak House at prices that sizzle with savings. Monday – Thursday from 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM.
Click the link below to view the menu:
- Special Events: To view our monthly promotions, visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events and check out our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead
Visit Ruth's Chris Steak House in Buckhead, Atlanta's designated entertainment and shopping district. Less than a mile from Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square Mall, Ruth's Chris is located just off the intersection of Peachtree and Piedmont Roads in the lobby of the Embassy Suites Hotel. Richly appointed, this is the perfect location for a romantic steak dinner, business event, or private party. Private rooms for 10 to 150 guests. The restaurant is easily accessible by rail as it is a short two blocks from MARTA / Buckhead Station, N-7.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Buckhead reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)fit for foodies (18)romantic (17)good for groups (14)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- David's Graduation CelebrationKitKatVIPDined on 6/16/2014It was perfect for my son's graduation celebration. It was only three of us, but Frank (as always), made it very special. The food was prepared perfectly, the cost is reasonable for the quality, in quite a non-stuffy atmosphere! We will continue to consider this our "special occasion family spot". We have fond memories of many family celebrations there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak great, sides okaybdaydinnerDined on 6/12/2014We had a nice birthday celebration. Three in the party and all three thoroughly enjoyed their steaks, we all ordered filet. We ordered a side of garlic mashed potatoes and a side of creamed spinach to share. Two of us ordered salads. The salad Caesar salad was very good, the lettuce wedge was okay. The sides were both just okay. The mashed potatoes were a little too runny and the creamed spinach was nothing special, a little on the bland side. Crème brulee was awesome. Our waiter was outstanding and gave us great attention. We had a gift card that had been given to us. Not sure we would go on our own dime, can get a great steak and better sides at some other restaurants we've tried. And, probably cost less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as AlwaysmgsmnDined on 6/5/2014Another good Ruth Chris location. Same consistant service and food quality one would expect from the chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsluvgoodfoodDined on 5/27/2014Ruth's Chris may be pricey, but the food is worth it! The steaks are always absolute perfection, and you can order anything on the menu and it will be delicious. We will continue to spend special occasions there for a guaranteed good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 5/26/2014Really good food and great service. Side dishes were hot and ample. Main meals were cooked perfectlySpecial Features:
- ExcellentgadaveDined on 5/25/2014The evening was very enjoyable. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was great. I highly recommend this restaurant. This is one gem in Atlanta that I will find again on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and potato.JonahDined on 5/15/2014I know I will get a great steak and potato. Sides dish are tasty and can be shared with others. I love the coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceNenecruz77Dined on 5/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed that our server greeted us by party name. Also, the service was excellent in the sense that we were served by several and not needing to wait on our assigned server for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steakHoneyCrystalDVIPDined on 5/11/2014The steak was so juicy and the crem brule was to die for. Great special occasion spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak lovers dreammudboneDined on 5/10/2014If you love a good steak then this place is for you. I am not a big steak fan however the way their steak is prepared left me wanting more. The steak melted in my mouth with every bite. I can truly say that I have never experience anything like that before. Most of the times steaks are either too pink or too dry. The stake I had was OUTSTANDING! Con - the side dishes need a lot of help, all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this restaurant!chailey99Dined on 5/10/2014First of all, parking is a disaster. And it pretty much meets the criteria of a low-rate hotel restaurant from start to finish, except at higher end price points. This is by no means fine dining-we were seated in the atrium next to a door that patrons exit to use the nearest restroom! Our server fumbled throughout the entire meal, saying rehearsed lines but constantly absent when we wanted to place a drink order, wine order, never checked on us after our food arrived and we waited forever for the check. The food was passable at best. Yes the steak was steaming hot but guess what....our spinach and potatoes were lukewarm at best. Having expected a fine steak house experience, I was completely speechless at the end. HORRIBLE!!!!!!!
- A night to RememberMissmakaylaDined on 5/3/2014We dined here on our prom night with a group of 10. They made us feel welcome. I have a peanut allergy and the server and chef was very aware and worked with me. The food was delicious. I ordered the three course feast which included a soup or salad, an entree, side, and desert. My Caesar salad was amazing. The steak was juicy. The portions were a good size. My boyfriend and I will surely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedLuv2dineDined on 5/2/2014The food and service were amazing as always! We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad first experienceTay01Dined on 4/26/2014I ordered a rib eye (medium) it came out raw I sent it back 3 time because each time it was bleeding. The manager came over and kept apologizing but that did no good so the last time they bought it out once it was medium it tasted like burned charcoal. I gave up. But the sweet potato casserole is to die for.Special Features:
- Not very happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Long wait for waitstaff to come to table after seated, long wait for refreshments, long wait for food, steak overcooked and had to be returned, many, many crying children in restaurant. Usually food is worth price but not in the case of spending alot of money on food and having to yell over the children in the restaurant, while we didn't dawdle, we were in the restaurant for 2.5 hours. First bad experience at restaurant but it will be rememberedSpecial Features:
- excellentThomasDined on 4/19/2014This was my first time eating here and I loved it. The food was amazing, me and my husband dine here for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. Great service from the time we walked into the resturant, until the time we left. Also the managers came over to welcome us and check to make sure everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicesFoodLoverDined on 4/18/2014This was not what I remembered. I went to the one in Mareitta last year, food was great and the most important thing is the service was awesome. So, I decided to take my bf to the one in Buckhead for his birthday couple days ago. I was so disappointed and sure won't go back there again. The services we received were a cold face from the manager and our server disappeared on us most of the time.
- Overpriced but GoodPistolShrimpTardigradeDined on 4/13/2014The food is hideously overpriced but pretty good. Odd, too, that there was a sign at the reception desk saying "Proper Attire Required" but the family of four next to us were in shorts and t-shirts. (I'd hate to see what ranks as improper attire.) Bottom line, I can't see going again or recommending the place due to the prices. On the upside, the service was good, and they provided a little free dessert because we were celebrating our anniversary.
- Sizzling steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014Awesome food!!! Ok atmosphere in hotel lobby...making overall very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met ExpectationsDinnerDined on 4/5/2014Had dinner at Ruth's Chris on Saturday April 5th, my first time at this specific location but not at a Ruth's Chris. The staff met my expectation but I would not say anything got my attention. The location inside an Embassy Suites Hotel does not lend itself to an intimate setting especially if you are not sitting in the main dining room. I asked for a table change to a less open/exposed section of the restaurant. The best part of our meal was the bread pudding dessert. The rest of the meal was good but not exceptional.
- Not What I RememberedEntwilDined on 4/5/2014This visit did not live up to the previous times I have been to a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Initially everything was fine, but when my order of Spicy Lobster Bites came out as Spicy Oyster Bites, I knew that things weren't going to be like before. They did bring us out the correct appetizer, but by that time our main course was ready to come out. The main course was very good, but not spectacular, and I had to wait 15 minutes before I got a refill on any of my drinks. At the time, there were only a couple of other tables seated too. Near the end of dinner, we had an entirely new waiter come over and ask us about dessert. It was rather confusing. As for the atmosphere, it was in the lobby of a hotel, so there's that...
- Birthday TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014We have been to Ruth Chris in many locations.The entry parking to the front of the embassy suites is a little difficult to navigate unless you have a small car .Service and food were outstanding as usual.We both had steak and lobster ,both we're well seasoned and properly cooked.This was a Birthday dinner for which they brought out a nice complementary desert that was delicious.Over all a great experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I took our twinSteakAficianadoDined on 4/2/2014My wife and I took our twin boys here for their 15th birthday. Our waiter was outstanding. Sadly I had to return my ribeye as I ordered it medium and it was medium well to well done. My son's steak was also over done. They graciously brought me a new steak and brought complimentary desserts for the boys and also to me and my wife. The manager apologized for the steak being overcooked. We were treated extremely well, but for what we paid for the dinner for four, i expected better food. it was good, just not memorable. i usually go to Hal's or Bones and this just does not compare, foodwise. Our service was impeccable, which saved the evening.
- Ruth's ChrisTommyDined on 4/1/2014We had a wonderful meal served by an attentive staff.Special Features:
- A Good Night OutsteakmanDined on 3/29/2014The food was excellent. Everything was above par until the steaks came out. I ordered my steak medium and my wife ordered hers medium well. When the runner delivered the steaks to the table I asked if he was sure the steak on my plate was meduim and not medium well. The runner was clearly wrong. We had the same cut of steak but the medium well steak was significantly shorter. I assume because it cooked longer. The steaks were about the same circumference. We had to cut into the middle of the steak to verify that was the case but who wants to ruin a $50 piece of meat and let the juice escape. I know it sounds nit-picky but for the price you pay I would expect them to get everything right. I would gladly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for date nightMaocomDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I have a date night every few weeks and we decided to it a try. Our service was fantastic very attentive and quick. We had a great experience from the hostess to dessert. WSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryGugadaniDined on 3/24/2014We celebrated our 1st anniversary and the service was perfect. Frank, a veteran almost 30 years with the restaurant, knows how to make you feel special. Excellent recommendations and perfect service. Thanks for the complimentary desert - it was a nice gesture. If you go there for their steaks, i also suggest you try their lamb chops. 3 huge ones, suculent and delicious!Special Features:
- Our server was OUTSTANDING,FredDined on 3/23/2014Our server was OUTSTANDING, we didn't want for anythingSpecial Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014My husband and I were in Atlanta for a get-away--a nice dinner, a concert, and an overnight stay. We decided on Ruth's Chris in Buckhead and it was an excellent choice! Since it's in a hotel there's valet parking which is free if you get your ticket stamped at the restaurant. We were seated in the atrium area of the restaurant and the ambiance was fantastic. We did dine early, but hopefully this would be the same if there was a rush. We had SUCH an attentive server--he was out of this world, and the food was perfect! I would highly recommend this location of Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Ruth's regularOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2014My wife and I have dined at a number of Ruth's Chris steakhouses across the country. Kind of like a ultra high end McDonalds, they are very consistent in their service level, quality and cut's of meat and food serving temperature. At this location the service was great but the cut of our filet's was not up to the standard we have seen previously seen and one of our medium rare steaks was over cooked and one was undercooked. Maybe it was just a bad night, but with many other choices nearby, we will try somewhere else next time.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2014Very good place for business meetings. Have been to many excellent steak houses and this one holds its own.Special Features:
- Near pool noise level negatesBillDined on 3/15/2014Near pool noise level negates ambiience poor choice for this price
- how can such a fine restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/8/2014how can such a fine restaurant be in the lobby of such a hotel. way too noisy with all the hotel guests - really took away from the experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014we dined with a two year old and they were so helpful. everyone had a good timeSpecial Features:
- The food was pretty good.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014The food was pretty good. I had the new York strip which was excellent. The cream spinach side was blah. My husband had the chef special scallops which were nice size and flavorful. The drinks were very good as well. The service was fast, friendly and efficient. I would go back. However, I prefer Morton's more and they would be my first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Excellent food and great service! Stood up to Ruth's Chris standards. Steaks were cooked perfectly, waiter was excellent. Ambience is slightly lacking given the location inside the Embassy Suites lobby, but if you can ask for a table in the dining room, it is much quieter and more in line with a Ruth's Chris experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Great place for a date night. The menu isn't overwhelming and the staff makes great recommendations. The bar is really small it only seats 5 people; so the suggestion to wait at the bar isn't really a good suggestion on a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as satisfiedChristineDined on 2/22/2014We have been to Ruth Chris a few times in the past for special occasions and this time I was not as impressed with my steak. It was a little under cooked so sent it back and then it came back well done when was wanting medium. Flavor wasn't as good. Waiter was very nice but forgot things at times. I think we prefer Centennial location better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but worth itjaronturner23Dined on 2/14/2014Spent a nice amount of change for a good meal for me and my ValentineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhead RCPetronDined on 2/14/2014I was a little disappointed that I had to wait for over 30 minutes to be seated when I had a reservation. Was also disappointed that this establishment allowed individuals who disregarded the dress code to dine at this restaurant, when it clearly stipulates this on a sign posted on the wall. I am addressing this issue, as the other establishments follow this standard as it is to be a fine dining experience. Other than that the food was delicious and the staff was courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.