Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
45 School Street
Old City Hall
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4999/Boston
- Phone: 6177428401
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Boston, MA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Boston is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner or any special event. Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org)) for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Duerr 8777965532
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Boston, MA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (210)romantic (135)fit for foodies (94)notable wine list (90)great for lunch (72)good for groups (70)great for outdoor dining (60)neighborhood gem (47)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (27)scenic view (26)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Expensive but, worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/29/2014Business dinner with customers and everyone was very impressed with the venue, food, and service. I suggest the large seafood appetizer, it was fantastic!Special Features:
- Not as tasty as usual!JPChadidDined on 9/26/2014It was a surprise for me that the steak wasn't as tasty as usual. In fact had little to not taste. I had ribeye, and I been in at lest 10 different Ruth Chris around the world and more than 30 times in total and this was the worse one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night dinnerJoeDevDined on 9/24/2014The staff was very good and attentive, we enjoyed a cocktail in the lounge while waiting on our table the bar tender was very engaging. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu items. I had the bone in filet it was very good and the 500 degree plates are a nice touch. He suggested us to the potato special that was incredible. My wife had the scallops unfortunately she had to send it back s they were no cooked all the way through the sear was only on one side. The waiter got right on it and the second attempt was on target they were delicious. All in all we would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Good food, great serviceFoodiewhocooksDined on 9/21/2014I had the ribeye and my friend ordered the New York strip, it was good but we had better. The steak were saltier than any other steaks we had at other restaurants. I think it's because of their special butter that the used, so next time I go there, I'd ask for less butter. We also enjoyed their Spicy Lobster. It was amazing that we just wanted to go there during lunch time the next day just to have their Spicy Lobster. Our waiter was very helpful and nice, he also made an excellent recommendation on our wine selection. When we were there, we were sat next to a group of moms with their children. It was very loud, not what you'd expect eating at a place like that. So, we personally don't think it's a good place to bring a group of children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!Espi27Dined on 9/14/2014Great experience and great customer service worth every penny! The food was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed out dining experienceRobbobDined on 9/14/2014Atmosphere and service was excellent. We enjoyed our meal. I have though had better steak before at Ruth's Chris. The steak was very good just not outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money. .JackandCateDined on 9/13/2014The building and decor did not disappoint, but everything else did...From the ravioli appetizer , the Caesar, the $95 porterhouse for two, to the sides everything was just average. The service was adequate. If we were at an outback, we would have been happy with service but not for $300 a couple. ..
- great dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014This was one of the best meals we have eaten out in quite sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBoston11Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent steak, cooked to absolute perfection for me. My companion's wasn't cooked to how we thought it would be but they corrected that immediately. Excellent sides and just the most delicious wine to accompany the steak. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Can do better for the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Did a date night here and it was good but not great. French onion soup, creamed spinach and lobster mac and cheese were good but the steak was nothing special. If the meal had cost half as much I would have felt good about it but in that price range you can do much better at other steakhouses like Abe and Louie's or Smith & Wollensky.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Have been to Ruth's Chris Steak House in St. Louis as well as the one in San Antonio. I find the ambiance and the wait staff service at the Boston establishment far exceeds the ambiance and the wait staff service in the previously two mentioned restaurants.Special Features:
- Love this placePAGS57VIPDined on 9/1/2014Great all around as usual. This is becoming our favorite place to eat in Boston!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior food and service!DinerDined on 8/31/2014One of our favorites! We thoroughly enjoyed our steaks, salads and desserts. Service was friendly, helpful and timely. All in all, the best steak restaurant we have tried. ( and we've tried them all!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Meet ExpectationsYummyWahVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our server was unfriendly and brusque -- never smiled once, no eye contact. All the wait staff seemed to be a rush and stressed and the excuse given was that there was a private function going on that night. My wine glass was chipped in two places and when I mentioned it to a server, he just mumbled he'd throw it out -- no apology! My steak tasted sour like it was past its prime. When I asked where the elevator was, a server said he'd show me and would be right back. He never reappeared. Poor Ruth wouldn't be very proud of this type of service and food.
- Average among big 3 steak housesBUParentsDined on 8/30/2014After going to Morton's (twice) and Bond 45 (three times), I found that when I finally made the trip to Ruth's Chris it was only average. The steak was great and exactly comparable to Morton's and Bond 45. It was the sides that disappointed, they were very blah. The bread pudding was awesome.Special Features:
- Just Ok during Restaurant WeekJustOKDined on 8/29/2014We visited Ruth's Chris Steak house during Boston's Restaurant week as a great way to enjoy an upscale restaurant at a slightly lower cost. Unfortunately, the lower cost also meant less than fabulous meal choices. Restaurant week dinners were $38 and included a starter (salad or corn chowder) Filet Mignon (my choice), one side either garlic mashed or creamed spinach and dessert was chocolate cheesecake (no other choice on dessert). The bread and butter they served with dinner was something you might expect at a pizza place or diner. It was nothing special. The Filet was the star of the meal and was fabulous but the rest was just ok. For the money, I'd rather go to The Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014I showed up at 7:17 pm for a 7:00 pm reservation and the hostess told me my table was given to another party. The hostess also told me that because I booked my reservation on the web there was nothing she could do to seat me. My husband and myself went to the outdoor seating area and we were accomodated. Our waiter was awesome, he took the edge off the bad situation.We were late because there was no one at the valet when we pulled up.Special Features:
- romantic anniversaryeariasDined on 8/29/2014My girlfriend and I went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate our second anniversary. We couldn't have picked a more prefect place. The staff was extremely professional and helpful. The service was quick and the food was amazing. The dinner was super romantic and led to a great night. I would live to come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Our experience overall was good. However, we were in a small room with a party of 10 and conversation level was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!PassionVIPDined on 8/29/2014My second time visiting and my meal was just as great as I remembered it. I tired Creamed Spinach for the first time and now I'm in love. However, i don't think I would go anywhere else to have it. Good job Ruth's Chris!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovectranDined on 8/29/2014In the old City Hall - watching the bustle of the city while consuming a magnificent meal served by an outstanding staff, can't beat it!Special Features:
- Love the cheesecakeluv2EatgoodDined on 8/29/2014I have never been so happy and full. This is my 3 time and I have never been disappointed. And my aunt from Mississippi truly loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/29/2014Had lunch with friend at Ruth's Chris during restaurant week. Love the fixed menu. Had filet and mashed potatoes which are excellent! Corn chowder was ok. I had sorbet for dessert and friend had chocolate cheesecake . Waitress was gruff and rushed. It was busy but it's not a fast food joint. Still, love this place and will come again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REESMDDined on 8/28/2014The salad was refreshing, light, and very fresh. The filet mignon was a perfect medium: juicy and very tender. However, the mashed potatoes seemed to have come from a box. Also, service needs improvement. The fact that the waiters didn't come frequently, asking how the meal was going, was great. But it took asking two different waiters to get the water refilled. Overall, the meat and the greens are very good, but the service could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing serviceDmvefDined on 8/28/2014We ate outside, which was very nice. My chicken was delicious, potatoes very bland and watery. The cheesecake tasted like one I could get at a supermarket bakery. After we were seated we waited about 10 mins. for anyone to come over. Each course came very slowly. We finished our salad before we got our cranberry lemonade (tasty), then came the water followed by bread. The waiter was friendly enough but no apology for the very slow service.Special Features:
- Elegant lunchlunchladyDined on 8/28/2014When you want to treat yourself ( or someone else) to an elegant, delicious lunch, I would highly recommend Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGJLOteroDined on 8/28/2014The steak is completely delicious!!!! Great ambiance! quick service!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Our waiter was excellent and made a few recommendations which all turned out very good for our lunch group. Service was great on all counts. Food very good and will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Summer Dinner PartyJohnDined on 8/27/2014My godson and I did a surf and turf between us, not off the discount menu. I had the surf--great salmon and scallops, and JC had a filet mignon. Good venue for a special occasion.Special Features:
- LindyDined on 8/27/2014Food and service were great but the price even with the discounted rate still expensive it's sad that some people will never be able to experience the food there because of the costSpecial Features:
- GerriGDined on 8/27/2014One of my favorite spots in Boston. Great for a special birthday or treat for a friend.Special Features:
- Awesome as Always!PineapplesDined on 8/27/2014Every Restaurant Week 3 of us hit Ruth's Chris for lunch - it is such a wonderful deal and the food is always the best! The only thing I missed this year was their bread pudding - the chocolate cheesecake was very good, but the bread pudding is to die for!Special Features:
- notgreatDined on 8/27/2014It was very good. Better then the last time. Service was great and food served hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedDined on 8/27/2014Ruth Chris Steak House is great place to eat. This being my first visit I like the location downtown...in a historic foundation surrounding a historic environment. I would choose to eat there again possible at another location.Special Features:
- EddieDined on 8/27/2014Portions and food were just ok. Very noisy and the service was spotty.Special Features:
- Great Food, Not So Great ServiceDaveDined on 8/27/2014This particular visit is uncharacteristic of my many other experiences with this establishment when both the food and service have always been 5 star caliber. The food, as always was great! I have never had anything less than a delicious perfectly cooked steak here. The service was slow. They forgot to serve one of us the appetizer and there was an extremely long delay between dinner and dessert, so long that a couple of us had to leave. Granted it was restaurant week and they were busy, but I expected much better from one of my favorite dining spots in Boston. I would still highly recommend Ruth's Chris to my friends based on my many other outstanding dining experiences here in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good business lunch locationTWILLVIPDined on 8/27/2014Good place for a business lunch downtown. Took a while for us to get seated since our reservation was right when the restaurant opened. It was very hot in the waiting area - wish they had air conditioning when you are waiting to be seated. Once we were seated service was polished and food was very good.Special Features:
- Best SteakMariyaDined on 8/26/2014Rare Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Crust. That is all.Special Features:
- ONE WORD: WOWLivingBusyWithJanineDined on 8/26/2014My friends and I went during Boston Restaurant Week and got an incredible 3 course meal for $38 per person, and an incredible bottle of red wine for a discounted price of $58. It was a great reason to gather a group of friends together and have an enjoyable time (and food) for 3 hours. We ordered from the fixed price menu (all dishes are served on a plate that is heated in the oven to 450 degrees), so the food comes out STILL SIZZLING. The filet literally melts in your mouth (as advertised), the crab cakes are flavorful and large sizes (you get 3), and the salmon was exquisite (wild caught). The location is very romantic, with option for indoor and outdoor dining. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Street parking on weekday after 5pm is not an issue hereSpecial Features:
- Gluten-Free, not Gluten-Friendly?LaPageDined on 8/26/2014I didn't feel much care was taken in ensuring that gluten-sensitive people are taken care of here. It started with being given a salad with croutons in it, despite stating my allergy up front. I didn't see the croutons right away as all 2 of them were hidden in the salad, but fortunately, my allergy is not severe and I was able to switch for the correct salad. Nice dinners should be topped off with nice desserts and for dessert, I was stuck with 1 gluten-free option - frozen fruit-flavored sugar water (sorbet). Just kind of a disappointing way to end an otherwise great meal, and while it's not much to everyone, it means something to me, so 4 stars instead of 5. And yeah, it's enough to make me eat at Capital Grille instead. :\Special Features: