Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
45 School Street
Old City Hall
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4999/Boston
- Phone: 6177428401
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Boston, MA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Boston is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner or any special event. Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org)) for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Duerr 8777965532
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Boston, MA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
287 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (206)romantic (129)fit for foodies (87)notable wine list (85)great for lunch (70)good for groups (66)great for outdoor dining (57)neighborhood gem (47)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (25)scenic view (20)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Special anniversary!DelraydinerVIPDined on 10/13/2014We were celebrating 3 anniversaries, 10-20 and 30! We were given a fabulous circular table near the window. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and helped us order enough sides for the table. The steaks were melt in your mouth but the sides were what we dream about! They brought us a celebratory dessert. It was a wonderful evening thank you Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- Excellent as usualdiner123Dined on 10/11/2014Very good experience. Food was great. Disappointed they ran out of the porterhouse. Excellent wine list. Fantastic appetizers. My only real beef was the valet parking. $18 for valet parking! Spent a lot of money in the restaurant and now you hit me with $18 valet parking. First time I paid for valet parking anywhere!Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014The steak was served still sizzling and done to perfection. The harvest salad was the best I have had. Everyone else in our party of 4 had the same experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome mealJbc1011Dined on 10/9/2014Great food and service! The BBQ shrimp appetizer was delicious. The lobster mac and cheese was to die for.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceDeanADined on 10/8/2014This is one of our special occasion places, it never disappoints. Located in the old Boston city hall it is very historic, very warm and inviting. Windows offer nice views of the city. The food is consistently excellent and creative. One side dish at our last visit was a sweet potato casserole that was very memorable. The waitstaff is always attentive and very competent. Although not inexpensive we always feel Ruth Chris offers an exceptional value. If you are going to the Opera House or Paramount Theatres it is a great dine before choice with a short enjoyable walk to the Theatres down Washington Street. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014It was for my wife's birthday and our 1 year. It was perfect. I called a few hours before to ask about a rose on the table and the had it all set up. The food was amazing both had med steak that melted in your mouth and the calamari was amazing. Wine went perfectly with the food and the service was on point for the whole thing. Made sure that me and my wife were very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and food.firstimpressionsDined on 10/6/2014Look forward to returning to your Restaurant! You do an excellent job with food and wait service, I was very impressed. Thank you for a good time.Special Features:
- The Very Best !!!NoValueDined on 10/4/2014Yes this is a steak house and yes the steak was phenomenal!! We were a party of six(6) and we ordered 2 rib yes, 1 bone-in sirloin, 2 petit fillet, and 1 bone-in fillet. The cuts were perfectly cooked and it melted it your mouth. We did start off with appetizers...crabtini, mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat, seared ahi tuna, fried calamari, and Ruths cobb salad. These were all exceptional as well. The service was very good. Keep in mind it is pricey but as the saying goes you get what you pay for... We choose uth Chris for most of our specal occasions and it is a great time. We have also been here for restaurant week ...lunch/dinner. Great value !!!Special Features:
- Food As Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014My only knock on this visit was be seated late. We had a 615 reservation and didn't sit until 7. Other than that, the food was great, drinks were tasty and service was good.Special Features:
- Best steaks in town!BostonDinerDined on 10/1/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Boston and elsewhere and consistency is definitely their strong suit. In my humble opinion, you cannot get a better tasting steak anywhere else. The 500 degree plate and butter that every steak is placed on is delicious. The Boston RC is in the old City Hall so the venue is very cool. Service was great. Love this location.Special Features:
- Expensive but, worth it!BizTravelerDined on 9/29/2014Business dinner with customers and everyone was very impressed with the venue, food, and service. I suggest the large seafood appetizer, it was fantastic!Special Features:
- Not as tasty as usual!JPChadidDined on 9/26/2014It was a surprise for me that the steak wasn't as tasty as usual. In fact had little to not taste. I had ribeye, and I been in at lest 10 different Ruth Chris around the world and more than 30 times in total and this was the worse one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night dinnerJoeDevDined on 9/24/2014The staff was very good and attentive, we enjoyed a cocktail in the lounge while waiting on our table the bar tender was very engaging. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu items. I had the bone in filet it was very good and the 500 degree plates are a nice touch. He suggested us to the potato special that was incredible. My wife had the scallops unfortunately she had to send it back s they were no cooked all the way through the sear was only on one side. The waiter got right on it and the second attempt was on target they were delicious. All in all we would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Good food, great serviceFoodiewhocooksDined on 9/21/2014I had the ribeye and my friend ordered the New York strip, it was good but we had better. The steak were saltier than any other steaks we had at other restaurants. I think it's because of their special butter that the used, so next time I go there, I'd ask for less butter. We also enjoyed their Spicy Lobster. It was amazing that we just wanted to go there during lunch time the next day just to have their Spicy Lobster. Our waiter was very helpful and nice, he also made an excellent recommendation on our wine selection. When we were there, we were sat next to a group of moms with their children. It was very loud, not what you'd expect eating at a place like that. So, we personally don't think it's a good place to bring a group of children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!Espi27Dined on 9/14/2014Great experience and great customer service worth every penny! The food was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed out dining experienceRobbobDined on 9/14/2014Atmosphere and service was excellent. We enjoyed our meal. I have though had better steak before at Ruth's Chris. The steak was very good just not outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money. .JackandCateDined on 9/13/2014The building and decor did not disappoint, but everything else did...From the ravioli appetizer , the Caesar, the $95 porterhouse for two, to the sides everything was just average. The service was adequate. If we were at an outback, we would have been happy with service but not for $300 a couple. ..
- great dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014This was one of the best meals we have eaten out in quite sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBoston11Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent steak, cooked to absolute perfection for me. My companion's wasn't cooked to how we thought it would be but they corrected that immediately. Excellent sides and just the most delicious wine to accompany the steak. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Can do better for the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Did a date night here and it was good but not great. French onion soup, creamed spinach and lobster mac and cheese were good but the steak was nothing special. If the meal had cost half as much I would have felt good about it but in that price range you can do much better at other steakhouses like Abe and Louie's or Smith & Wollensky.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Have been to Ruth's Chris Steak House in St. Louis as well as the one in San Antonio. I find the ambiance and the wait staff service at the Boston establishment far exceeds the ambiance and the wait staff service in the previously two mentioned restaurants.Special Features:
- Love this placePAGS57VIPDined on 9/1/2014Great all around as usual. This is becoming our favorite place to eat in Boston!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior food and service!DinerDined on 8/31/2014One of our favorites! We thoroughly enjoyed our steaks, salads and desserts. Service was friendly, helpful and timely. All in all, the best steak restaurant we have tried. ( and we've tried them all!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Meet ExpectationsYummyWahVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our server was unfriendly and brusque -- never smiled once, no eye contact. All the wait staff seemed to be a rush and stressed and the excuse given was that there was a private function going on that night. My wine glass was chipped in two places and when I mentioned it to a server, he just mumbled he'd throw it out -- no apology! My steak tasted sour like it was past its prime. When I asked where the elevator was, a server said he'd show me and would be right back. He never reappeared. Poor Ruth wouldn't be very proud of this type of service and food.
- Average among big 3 steak housesBUParentsDined on 8/30/2014After going to Morton's (twice) and Bond 45 (three times), I found that when I finally made the trip to Ruth's Chris it was only average. The steak was great and exactly comparable to Morton's and Bond 45. It was the sides that disappointed, they were very blah. The bread pudding was awesome.Special Features:
- Just Ok during Restaurant WeekJustOKDined on 8/29/2014We visited Ruth's Chris Steak house during Boston's Restaurant week as a great way to enjoy an upscale restaurant at a slightly lower cost. Unfortunately, the lower cost also meant less than fabulous meal choices. Restaurant week dinners were $38 and included a starter (salad or corn chowder) Filet Mignon (my choice), one side either garlic mashed or creamed spinach and dessert was chocolate cheesecake (no other choice on dessert). The bread and butter they served with dinner was something you might expect at a pizza place or diner. It was nothing special. The Filet was the star of the meal and was fabulous but the rest was just ok. For the money, I'd rather go to The Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014I showed up at 7:17 pm for a 7:00 pm reservation and the hostess told me my table was given to another party. The hostess also told me that because I booked my reservation on the web there was nothing she could do to seat me. My husband and myself went to the outdoor seating area and we were accomodated. Our waiter was awesome, he took the edge off the bad situation.We were late because there was no one at the valet when we pulled up.Special Features:
- romantic anniversaryeariasDined on 8/29/2014My girlfriend and I went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate our second anniversary. We couldn't have picked a more prefect place. The staff was extremely professional and helpful. The service was quick and the food was amazing. The dinner was super romantic and led to a great night. I would live to come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Our experience overall was good. However, we were in a small room with a party of 10 and conversation level was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!PassionVIPDined on 8/29/2014My second time visiting and my meal was just as great as I remembered it. I tired Creamed Spinach for the first time and now I'm in love. However, i don't think I would go anywhere else to have it. Good job Ruth's Chris!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovectranDined on 8/29/2014In the old City Hall - watching the bustle of the city while consuming a magnificent meal served by an outstanding staff, can't beat it!Special Features:
- Love the cheesecakeluv2EatgoodDined on 8/29/2014I have never been so happy and full. This is my 3 time and I have never been disappointed. And my aunt from Mississippi truly loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/29/2014Had lunch with friend at Ruth's Chris during restaurant week. Love the fixed menu. Had filet and mashed potatoes which are excellent! Corn chowder was ok. I had sorbet for dessert and friend had chocolate cheesecake . Waitress was gruff and rushed. It was busy but it's not a fast food joint. Still, love this place and will come again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REESMDDined on 8/28/2014The salad was refreshing, light, and very fresh. The filet mignon was a perfect medium: juicy and very tender. However, the mashed potatoes seemed to have come from a box. Also, service needs improvement. The fact that the waiters didn't come frequently, asking how the meal was going, was great. But it took asking two different waiters to get the water refilled. Overall, the meat and the greens are very good, but the service could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing serviceDmvefDined on 8/28/2014We ate outside, which was very nice. My chicken was delicious, potatoes very bland and watery. The cheesecake tasted like one I could get at a supermarket bakery. After we were seated we waited about 10 mins. for anyone to come over. Each course came very slowly. We finished our salad before we got our cranberry lemonade (tasty), then came the water followed by bread. The waiter was friendly enough but no apology for the very slow service.Special Features:
- Elegant lunchlunchladyDined on 8/28/2014When you want to treat yourself ( or someone else) to an elegant, delicious lunch, I would highly recommend Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGJLOteroDined on 8/28/2014The steak is completely delicious!!!! Great ambiance! quick service!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Our waiter was excellent and made a few recommendations which all turned out very good for our lunch group. Service was great on all counts. Food very good and will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Summer Dinner PartyJohnDined on 8/27/2014My godson and I did a surf and turf between us, not off the discount menu. I had the surf--great salmon and scallops, and JC had a filet mignon. Good venue for a special occasion.Special Features:
- LindyDined on 8/27/2014Food and service were great but the price even with the discounted rate still expensive it's sad that some people will never be able to experience the food there because of the costSpecial Features: