Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
45 School Street
Old City Hall
Boston, MA 02108Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/4999/Boston
- Phone: (617) 742-8401
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Boston, MA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Boston is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner or any special event. Please email (email@example.com)) for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Duerr 8777965532
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Boston, MA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston - Best Restaurants in Financial District ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (211)romantic (129)fit for foodies (98)notable wine list (84)good for groups (75)great for lunch (73)great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (43)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (28)scenic view (22)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014We loved our meal so much we went back the next day too. The best martinis. The services was perfect. Ruth's Chris Steak house is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very pleased with the service and the foodBostonGrammyDined on 11/16/2014Arrived a bit before 5pm, had a cocktail at the bar and were taken right in at 5PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Dining ExperienceEastTravelerDined on 11/14/2014Simple stated, it was a terrific dining event and certainly met with our expectations. I have been to Ruth's Chris Steak House several times over the years and once again delivered to our delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TopServiceVIPDined on 11/11/2014My experience here celebrating my 10th anniversary was absolutely stunning! 0 complaints over here! The staff was so attentive and on point, offered to take pictures and surprised us with a delicious dessert for our anniversary. Really loved it, having been my first time there... Will definitely be back for more!!!Special Features:
- Consistently 1st rateOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/10/2014I haven't been to this spot in 7 years. The service, menu offerings and atmosphere are just as good as I remembered.
- Two year anniversaryvatonycDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I reserved a table for two, as we were traveling to Boston to celebrate our two year anniversary. The staff were excellent in making sure we enjoyed our dinner. They recognized us traveling, acknowledged our anniversary, and even bought us desert. Our server was excellent. We had rose pedals placed all over our table and were given a private room with just a select number of tables to celebrate our evening. The food was superb! The valet service could be slightly more efficient and organized. Overall, a very wonderful evening that we will never forget. Just what you think of and want when celebrating your anniversary. I HIGHLY recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks were disappointingJamesDined on 11/8/2014This was probably the 6th time we came into Boston and planned a special dinner at Ruths. Must say that the steaks we had did not measure up to the quality we had come to expect at Ruths. The steaks had very little flavor and the larger filet I had was full of grissel. I should have sent it back. Very DisappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than beforeLuv2dineDined on 11/8/2014I've been to Ruth's on many occasions, this time was different and Matthew made the difference. Very attendance and caring, suggesting when asked and not once did we have to look for him for water, more bread etc... the best time of the night was when Matt asked me how my food was and as I was taking a bite I said "if I say it's bad, what would you do"? Without hesitation he responded "make it right" bouya...fist bump...way to go Matt.... Ruth just earned my loyalty back because of Matt. Honestly it was dropping off my top 10 list. Thanks Matt for a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantBdayDined on 11/8/2014I love Ruth's Chris! I always have a great time and the staff is very nice. Steaks are awesome!!!Special Features:
- Perfect Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Second time to Ruth Chris and it was as good, if not better, than the first time. Food was excellent, service outstanding, and a great wine list. Took a group of friends who had never been and they were very impressed. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- A must in BostonNachogrulloDined on 11/1/2014Excelent, very good food, just a little dark (cant read menús)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redwineVIPDined on 10/26/2014This was our third visit to Ruth's Chris, the second in Boston. I mentioned that we were there to celebrate a birthday and that we also had a diner with allergies when I called to confirm. They were very gracious, providing a separate menu for the diner with allergies as well as sprinkling the table with "Happy Birthday" decorations. The food was prepared as requested, arriving hot with everyone getting served at the same time. Everything was delicious with the exception of my filet, which had visible gristle. I had started the meal with the perfect "Dirtly Goose Martini," and let it go as we were in a lovely spot and I was with my favorite people.
- Disappointing....ChaserDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I have always felt this to be our favorite steak restaurant and have never been disappointed...until this week! The service was mediocre at best, (timing way off) my wife's tournedos were inconsistent, having one medium as she ordered, and the other well done and tough. My sirloin was slightly over cooked, and lacked the flavor of a prime cut. Sautéed mushrooms clearly need a new recipe. Chopped salad was extremely bland and my wife's salad was lacking flavorful dressing. The worst was the dungeon that we were seated in (had never been down there before, luckily!). We were on top of tables on either side of us and couldn't hear ourselves think, never mind converse. Not up to par for a restaurant of this caliber and cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Wine DinnerNoValueVIPDined on 10/19/2014French wine dinner at a steak house...? I was skeptical of this type dinner. 1st :and Onion Tart which was greasy and tast of old/overcooked butter. The champagne was excellent offered 2nd pour. 2nd: Chix and Dumplings...(French? it was far from it) The chicken tasted like it came out of a frozen dinner box, overcooked and stringy, and the dumplings where a texture of jello in a pool of white buttery sauce, White wine good offered a 2nd pour. 3rd: Duck Confit Cassoulet; good dish style of cooking in provence, very tasty , the beans could s/b moister and topped with flavorful breadcrumbs. Pinot Burgundy. good NO 2nd POUR! 4th: filet with melted butter. Bourdeax NO 2nd POUR! I complained and said they ran out! 5th: Apple tart horrid
- Dinner with FriendsTraveler1234Dined on 10/18/2014We had some friends in town for the weekend and this was a last minute reservation. We managed to get in and really enjoyed the food as well as the historic location. The service was great and we would return again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special anniversary!DelraydinerVIPDined on 10/13/2014We were celebrating 3 anniversaries, 10-20 and 30! We were given a fabulous circular table near the window. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and helped us order enough sides for the table. The steaks were melt in your mouth but the sides were what we dream about! They brought us a celebratory dessert. It was a wonderful evening thank you Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- Excellent as usualdiner123Dined on 10/11/2014Very good experience. Food was great. Disappointed they ran out of the porterhouse. Excellent wine list. Fantastic appetizers. My only real beef was the valet parking. $18 for valet parking! Spent a lot of money in the restaurant and now you hit me with $18 valet parking. First time I paid for valet parking anywhere!Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014The steak was served still sizzling and done to perfection. The harvest salad was the best I have had. Everyone else in our party of 4 had the same experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome mealJbc1011Dined on 10/9/2014Great food and service! The BBQ shrimp appetizer was delicious. The lobster mac and cheese was to die for.Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceDeanADined on 10/8/2014This is one of our special occasion places, it never disappoints. Located in the old Boston city hall it is very historic, very warm and inviting. Windows offer nice views of the city. The food is consistently excellent and creative. One side dish at our last visit was a sweet potato casserole that was very memorable. The waitstaff is always attentive and very competent. Although not inexpensive we always feel Ruth Chris offers an exceptional value. If you are going to the Opera House or Paramount Theatres it is a great dine before choice with a short enjoyable walk to the Theatres down Washington Street. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014It was for my wife's birthday and our 1 year. It was perfect. I called a few hours before to ask about a rose on the table and the had it all set up. The food was amazing both had med steak that melted in your mouth and the calamari was amazing. Wine went perfectly with the food and the service was on point for the whole thing. Made sure that me and my wife were very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and food.firstimpressionsDined on 10/6/2014Look forward to returning to your Restaurant! You do an excellent job with food and wait service, I was very impressed. Thank you for a good time.Special Features:
- The Very Best !!!NoValueVIPDined on 10/4/2014Yes this is a steak house and yes the steak was phenomenal!! We were a party of six(6) and we ordered 2 rib yes, 1 bone-in sirloin, 2 petit fillet, and 1 bone-in fillet. The cuts were perfectly cooked and it melted it your mouth. We did start off with appetizers...crabtini, mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat, seared ahi tuna, fried calamari, and Ruths cobb salad. These were all exceptional as well. The service was very good. Keep in mind it is pricey but as the saying goes you get what you pay for... We choose uth Chris for most of our specal occasions and it is a great time. We have also been here for restaurant week ...lunch/dinner. Great value !!!Special Features:
- Food As Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014My only knock on this visit was be seated late. We had a 615 reservation and didn't sit until 7. Other than that, the food was great, drinks were tasty and service was good.Special Features:
- Best steaks in town!BostonDinerVIPDined on 10/1/2014I've been to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Boston and elsewhere and consistency is definitely their strong suit. In my humble opinion, you cannot get a better tasting steak anywhere else. The 500 degree plate and butter that every steak is placed on is delicious. The Boston RC is in the old City Hall so the venue is very cool. Service was great. Love this location.Special Features:
- Expensive but, worth it!BizTravelerDined on 9/29/2014Business dinner with customers and everyone was very impressed with the venue, food, and service. I suggest the large seafood appetizer, it was fantastic!Special Features:
- ReliableFmilderVIPDined on 9/27/2014We went to Ruth's Chris for a family birthday; the steaks are always perfectly prepared, and the vegetables are good sized portions. Service was very good, although our wait person did disappear briefly towards the end of the meal. He did take a fine birthday photo of our table, however! Hard to fault anything here, except why they don't make one of your REQUESTED desserts into the one with a candle in it. On account of a birthday, you wind up getting a free dessert that you don't necessarily want, and then ALSO ordering what you'd like.Special Features:
- Not as tasty as usual!JPChadidDined on 9/26/2014It was a surprise for me that the steak wasn't as tasty as usual. In fact had little to not taste. I had ribeye, and I been in at lest 10 different Ruth Chris around the world and more than 30 times in total and this was the worse one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night dinnerJoeDevDined on 9/24/2014The staff was very good and attentive, we enjoyed a cocktail in the lounge while waiting on our table the bar tender was very engaging. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu items. I had the bone in filet it was very good and the 500 degree plates are a nice touch. He suggested us to the potato special that was incredible. My wife had the scallops unfortunately she had to send it back s they were no cooked all the way through the sear was only on one side. The waiter got right on it and the second attempt was on target they were delicious. All in all we would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Good food, great serviceFoodiewhocooksDined on 9/21/2014I had the ribeye and my friend ordered the New York strip, it was good but we had better. The steak were saltier than any other steaks we had at other restaurants. I think it's because of their special butter that the used, so next time I go there, I'd ask for less butter. We also enjoyed their Spicy Lobster. It was amazing that we just wanted to go there during lunch time the next day just to have their Spicy Lobster. Our waiter was very helpful and nice, he also made an excellent recommendation on our wine selection. When we were there, we were sat next to a group of moms with their children. It was very loud, not what you'd expect eating at a place like that. So, we personally don't think it's a good place to bring a group of children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night!Espi27Dined on 9/14/2014Great experience and great customer service worth every penny! The food was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed out dining experienceRobbobDined on 9/14/2014Atmosphere and service was excellent. We enjoyed our meal. I have though had better steak before at Ruth's Chris. The steak was very good just not outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money. .JackandCateDined on 9/13/2014The building and decor did not disappoint, but everything else did...From the ravioli appetizer , the Caesar, the $95 porterhouse for two, to the sides everything was just average. The service was adequate. If we were at an outback, we would have been happy with service but not for $300 a couple. ..
- great dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014This was one of the best meals we have eaten out in quite sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBoston11Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent steak, cooked to absolute perfection for me. My companion's wasn't cooked to how we thought it would be but they corrected that immediately. Excellent sides and just the most delicious wine to accompany the steak. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Can do better for the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Did a date night here and it was good but not great. French onion soup, creamed spinach and lobster mac and cheese were good but the steak was nothing special. If the meal had cost half as much I would have felt good about it but in that price range you can do much better at other steakhouses like Abe and Louie's or Smith & Wollensky.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Have been to Ruth's Chris Steak House in St. Louis as well as the one in San Antonio. I find the ambiance and the wait staff service at the Boston establishment far exceeds the ambiance and the wait staff service in the previously two mentioned restaurants.Special Features:
- Love this placePAGS57VIPDined on 9/1/2014Great all around as usual. This is becoming our favorite place to eat in Boston!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior food and service!DinerDined on 8/31/2014One of our favorites! We thoroughly enjoyed our steaks, salads and desserts. Service was friendly, helpful and timely. All in all, the best steak restaurant we have tried. ( and we've tried them all!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't Meet ExpectationsYummyWahVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our server was unfriendly and brusque -- never smiled once, no eye contact. All the wait staff seemed to be a rush and stressed and the excuse given was that there was a private function going on that night. My wine glass was chipped in two places and when I mentioned it to a server, he just mumbled he'd throw it out -- no apology! My steak tasted sour like it was past its prime. When I asked where the elevator was, a server said he'd show me and would be right back. He never reappeared. Poor Ruth wouldn't be very proud of this type of service and food.