Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boise
800 W. Main Street Ste 110
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boise
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschrisprime.com/boise/
- Phone: 2084268000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House Boise private dining is perfect for every occasion! We feature 3 unique and elegantly appointed rooms that vary in seating capacity from 8 - 70 people. Perfect for business meetings, birthday parties, rehearsal dinners, or lavish receptions. Our private rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment including:
- Large Screen HD LCD TV's
- Direct connect from laptop to TV
- Satellite Broadcasting
- Wireless Internet
Our expert Private Dining and Sales Manager will guide you through every step of your event, from first call to beyond-your-expectations execution of your event.
- Private Party Contact: Don Leader 2084268000
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boise
The memory of a great meal stays with you long after the table's been cleared. Our steaks are cooked to perfection at 1800 degrees in our patented broilers and served “sizzling” to your table on 500-degree plates. In addition to our USDA Prime beef, we also offer fresh seafood, lobster, lamb, chicken and vegetarian options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boise - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boise reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (20)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (11)good for groups (6)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Business meetingsBobPDined on 10/21/2014It was apparent that local businesses were entertaining clients during our Tuesday night visit. There were couples such as ourselves celebrating special occasions, but it was easy to tell that business people, probably from out of town, were there to impress (potential) clients. Food was very good and nicely presented.Special Features:
- Fine Dinning At it's BestLove2dineDined on 10/12/2014The ambience was perfect for a celebration dinner. The steaks were cooked to perfection to each individuals request. The chefs seasonal special of lobster was succulent and cooked to perfection. The seasonal mushrooms were seasoned lightly so the flavors did not compete with the steak but complimented it. The desserts were a perfect way to end our dinner, the baileys dessert drink was not to heavy or sweet great recommendation by our waiter.Special Features:
- Exceptional dining experience!!TinaDined on 9/30/2014We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary opting to try Ruth's Chris for the first time. Wow, what a fabulous addition this restaurant is for Boise. Rose petals on the table, service beyond compare, and the food....well it was to die for! Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection; the chef even came out of the kitchen to ask how our steaks were. All of wait staff and hosts made this quite an exceptional experience for us. I recommend Ruth's highly. We've been committed Chandler's patrons for years, but have just found another restaurant that we rank as highly. The service and personal attention we received was actually better at Ruth's.Special Features:
- Great food, even better serviceJustBecauseDined on 9/20/2014We visited Ruth's Chris in Boise for the first time this weekend and were very impressed. That was one of the best steaks I have ever had. Our server, Sarah, was unbelievable. She definitely made the whole experience that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCBoiseDined on 9/14/2014The food was outstanding. Very large portions too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the AmbianceluvgoodfoodandatmosphereDined on 9/5/2014Such a beautiful restaurant. Everyone was very attentive. A few too many standing around the hostess desk willing to help however.Special Features:
- Boise's best, hands down.JmkristenDined on 8/31/2014We've been to many Ruth's Chris restaurants around the country, and this one is a step above in every category. Last year, we dined at the Downtown Portland location, and were disappointed by the cheesy décor, lackluster service and food. As a result, we were not standing in line to try the new Boise location. We're so glad we changed our minds. It was, by far, the best Ruth's Chris dining experience we've ever had. Our dinner was perfectly executed in every way. The best part: it didn't feel as if we were dining in a chain restaurant. The seasonal fig appetizer was wonderful, as were the steaks (of course!). The service, décor and ambience are the best Boise has to offer for a lovely upscale evening. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Fine Dining in BoiseEagleDined on 8/31/2014Steak was excellent, side dishes were fine, nothing special. I was a little disappointed in the service since it was Sunday night and the restaurant was not that busy. I will give this restaurant another try in the future.Special Features:
- You guys were awesome!Hchavez2003Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went to Ruth's Chris for our anniversary. The staff spread rose pedals on our table and everyone who served us, whether it was just filling our water glass, clearing the dishes or bringing us food, wished us a Happy Anniversary. The food was amazing and so was the wait staff. We'll definitely be back! Thank you, guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Experiencehate2cookDined on 8/7/2014My hubby and I chose Ruth's Chris restaurant to celebrate our 43rd anniversary. We were greeted at the door immediately and shown to our table. We loved being next to the window so we could people watch. The service was excellent as was the food. We didn't think it was any more than what you would pay for a high-class meal anywhere else. We especially enjoyed our server Ricky who helped make our experience enjoyable - he was knowledgeable, efficient and had a great sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Wife and I went to celebrate my retirement. Boy, did they treat us like royalty! I requested a romantic both and they accommodated in spades. The service from start to finish was top notch. The wife had the Portobello mushrooms and I the ribeye; both were superb. Great job all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat night DinemyfavoriteVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to this new restaurant. Atmosphere is excellent. The food was normal Ruth's Chris. Service was outstanding. If you do not want to people watch make sure they seat you in the dining room not the bar area with the window on the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special NightWaytogoVIPDined on 7/11/2014Our Anniversary evening starting with rose petals on the table and ended with free desert!! Or server Andrea was supurb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LithoLithoDined on 7/4/2014Great restaurant for special occasions. Server Nick recognized when we were talking he left us alone. Food was done to our taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!! Extremely!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Extremely disappointed in the food quality. We could have gone to Cottonwood Grille for a third of the cost and enjoyed ourselves so much more.
- Excellent for steaksWilliamtwoDined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed the place, excellent prime beef steaks and service was superb.Special Features:
- The following 70 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Boise reviews archive.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014From entry to exit, the service was outstanding. Every single employee was attentive, helpful and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Night2spudloversDined on 6/20/2014Our visit was for our 5th wedding anniversary, and the staff saw to it was memorable in only positive ways. As always the food was delicious and exactly as we ordered it. And we were allowed to dine at a very nice pace, with an appropriate amount of attention paid. A dessert in honor of the event was the topper. Thanks for a great evening Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Boise.Special Features:
- Anniversary NightBeermeDined on 6/14/2014We were amazed that when we arrived they congratulated us on our anniversary and Caitlin greeted us by name and also commented on our anniversary. Service was timely, yet respectful of our privacy. Kevin was humorous and engaging as Caitlin's supportSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014The harvest salad was excellent! But the rest of the food was only okay which was disappointing since it was very expensive.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris Steak HouseimnotcookingtonightDined on 6/4/2014We've been to a few of the Ruth's Chris Restaurants in various cities. Boise is a hard place to keep a fine dining restaurant going. I do hope they can make it here. As it is still fairly new, there were a few issues that one will expect with service. The food was exactly as I would expect for Ruth's. I had the Filet cooked medium and it was perfectly pink in the middle and of course very hot. The creamed spinach is one of my favorite dishes which was also delicious. I was a little disappointed to pay an extra $5.00 for the tiny portion of Béarnaise sauce. If you love a great steak you must dine here. Be prepared to spend $$$$+ as it is expensive.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2014Dining experience with exceptional service. Everything was very goodSpecial Features:
- very enjoyable eveningfatandhappy2Dined on 5/30/2014We were so anxious to visit your new restaurant that we arrived 30 minutes early. Your door staff handled our arrival efficiently and with professionalism. Jason was our waiter and his support team and he did an admirable job. Service was very good and not overly pushy. We didn't give him much room to sell your menu as we had already decided what we wanted. We both thought that the quality of the steaks were not up to the price, Other places we eat make certain any silk or fat is trimmed from the steak. The taste was excellent and the side dishes tasty. Although the stems should be removed from your special mushroom plate as they are really tough and chewy. We are already planning our next visit.Special Features:
- Comfortable & classyAidanry208Dined on 5/25/2014Thank you, Ruth's, for coming to Boise! This will be our go to for celebratory events moving forward! The staff was attentive, the food exquisite and the wine paired very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe it'll Get BetterLuanaDined on 5/23/2014The steaks were wonderful. Very tender and cooked perfectly. The lobster, however, was a bit over cooked and dry. And I had to ask for butter to dip it in. The service was pretty slow and the restaurant wasn't too busy. I don't mind a leisurely diner, but we waited quite a while to get our first drink and to place our order. The wine list is pretty limited if you like a big, full-bodied red, and they didn't have Belvedere vodka. It's a new restaurant with all new staff. Maybe it'll get better after everyone is fully trained. Overall, it was a good meal but for a really special occasion, I'd stick with Chandlers.
- Excellent but priceyMepbDined on 5/20/2014The meat was cooked to perfection, but very expensive. A nice "special occasion" experience for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/18/2014Steaks are reliably good. Service at this franchise needs some work. Pacing of dinner was off.Special Features:
- Good but hotDocGDined on 5/17/2014The food and service was excellent but the dining room was very hot. I would not dine there in the big dining room again until their system is fixed. They said that their air conditioning system was having some air flow problems. We were three couples and all of us had sweaty shirts by the time dinner arrived. Might be better to sit in the lunge area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!AlecVIPDined on 5/17/2014This place is consistent. Great steaks prepared exactly how you ask it to be prepared and service is impeccable. Great wine selection as well. Great to have in Boise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST Steaks, EVERIdahoWineGuyDined on 5/17/2014SERIOUSLY. I had the petite sirloin. Perfectly cooked and so incredibly tender. Expect to drop some dough here, most steaks are in the 40 dollar range. Sides are all extra. We had a party of 5 to celebrate a birthday and dropped a cool $400 for salads, steaks, 3 sides, dessert and a bottle of wine. This occasion the service was a bit sketchy--nice enough, but she seemed to be distracted. She wasn't even there to deliver the food! If I'm dropping this much dough, I expect the server to be attentive and involved at least a little bit. I've been there once before and the service was INCREDIBLE, so I think this young lady was just off her game. Still had a great evening, and I still recommend this place highly. Fantastic wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally in BoiseidahomanDined on 5/15/2014We have enjoyed Ruth's Chris Steak Houses all over the USA, and are extremely happy they are now in Boise. This new restaurant is particularly nice...very comfortable, great for both romantic dinners, special occasions, and even business meeting dinners. As in other Ruth's, the service was excellent. Food was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb! Everything was excellent...DiningNotesVIPDined on 5/9/2014The food was highest quality and was the service. Both Molly our server and Josh the Manager were very attentive to insure everything was perfect! The steaks were off the map excellent and they even knew how to do them "Pittsburgh" style (Charred outside and how you want it on the inside!). Scallop appetizer was excellent, Salad excellent, the Lobster Bisque probably the best I've ever had (and I've had it quite a few places), Mac n'Cheese great, and again the steaks were excellent!! We recommend it highly!Special Features:
- Check your bill before you pay!trhluvslifeDined on 5/7/2014Booked early dinner reservation so I could order the pre-fix menu, 3-course meal (salad, entree, desert). Already did happy hour in bar for $40, which was fair. However, I surveyed my final bill in the restaurant & the server rang in desert 3 times (additionally), charged us twice for upgrades, which he had already included. He fixed part of the bill, but when returning with what he thought was the correct amount, was still wrong. Rather than point out that he still had a desert on the charge, and another $6 overcharge, I paid the bill and left. The overages were nearly $30, got them down to $12 and just called it good for the sake of the evening. Next time, I won't be so kind.....Casey, get the charges right or I won't give you a 20% tip!Special Features:
- overratedonetimeonly2Dined on 5/3/2014they ran out of iced tea - the machine was broken. my husband ordered his steak medium and it came med./rare.Special Features:
- Lackluster ServiceFoodieloveDined on 5/3/2014Made a reservation for 2 for a special evening with my daughter. We shared steak, au gratin potatoes, and brussel sprouts. Steak was great, sides were lackluster at best. Service was so-so which considering we were there early (6ish) and they weren't busy, it was quite disappointing for $170 bill for a shared meal. We ordered two glasses of wine when our dinner was served. They were literally brought with our check. Not cool at ALL!! But everyone was very polite and oh so sorry. It will be awhile before I try again. I've been to other Ruth Chris' locations and was far more impressed with the service level.Special Features:
- Great SteakYesItsMeDined on 5/2/2014The best fillet ever! The tables were too close and it was quite noisy but the food and service were excellentSpecial Features:
- Great service, mediocre foodCurrieDined on 5/2/2014Throughout the years I have dines at many Ruth's Chris locations and have yet to see what all the fuss is about. The Boise location is no different. While the service is outstanding (highly recommend Brandon), the steaks themselves are not as good as the ones my husband smokes at home. We felt while the quality of need was good, there was no flavor. Additionally, the shrimp in our appetizer were fishy and our side items were passable but nothing we can't do at home. The standouts were the wine list (A plus), the salad (says something when the standout at a steak place is a salad) and the service. And while we are foodies who don't mind spending money for a good meal, we have other local restaurants (or our own kitchen) we prefer.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Superb service. Friendly, professional and courteous. Outstanding food.Special Features:
- Good Steaksluv2dine2Dined on 4/26/2014This was my first visit to the Ruths Chris in Boise, although I've been to many in other states and was excited to learn one was coming to Boise. The steaks were good and very tender (but not as good as I remembered). I ordered a fillet and it had great flavor. My only disappointment was there was a lot of fat in it which took away from the experience. Perhaps had it cooked longer, I wouldn't have noticed it as much. Others in my group also mentioned the fat in the meat. Also disappointing was the potatoes Lyonnais. I felt they were overcooked and not very good. I would not recommend them to anyone unless they want a dry French fry experience.Special Features:
- A night outFire183704Dined on 4/19/2014My wife and tried this resturaunt and we are delighted we did . We had a fantastic time, the staff that assisted us where fantastic friendly humorous and there on a drop of a dime I was assisted with everything before I knew I needed it. What a restaurant I this type should be .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.