Ruth's Chris Steak House - Birmingham
2300 Woodcrest Place
Birmingham, AL 35209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Birmingham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/birmingham/
- Phone: 2058799995x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
We are open 11:00am - 11:00pm, 365 days per year...even holidays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Stephen Adams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Numerous private dining options for groups from 10 to 300 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining at Ruth's Chris is the perfect choice. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's professional staff will make your private dining experience a memorable one - whether it's a business gathering, a family celebration, or anything in between. Your local Private Dining Manager will be glad to review your needs, work with you to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and can even help enhance your event with special linens, lighting floral arrangements and more. Simply contact the Private Dining Manager directly.
- Private Party Contact: Maddie Kern (205) 879-9996x
- Entertainment: PRIME TIME MENU
Enjoy a full 3-course meal including your choice of soup or salad, an entree, a personal side and your choice of dessert starting at $42.00 (plus tax and gratuity). Offered daily until 6:30 PM. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primetime
HALF-OFF PRIME BITES DURING RUTH'S HOUR
Ruth's Chris is thrilled to offer our Prime Bites Bar Menu with half-priced bar menu items during special Ruth's Hours. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primebites
- Special Events: Visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events to view our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Birmingham
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Birmingham, Alabama is situated in the lobby of the Embassy Suites hotel conveniently located just off the Red Mountain Expressway between the Homewood and Mountain Brook neighborhoods. Deep, rich reds with accents of teal and copper predominate the steakhouse dining room while the dense foliage of the open atrium hotel envelops our restaurant in an air of casual elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (19)notable wine list (13)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Expensive doesn't = greatSg1bhamDined on 8/26/2014Ruth's Chris is a dining destination, a special occasion restaurant. The quality of the ingredients was excellent. Unfortunately, they were so heavily salted and buttered, I couldn't taste the food itself. The shrimp and green beans were rendered inedible by the salt. Even the butter for the bread was excessively salty. The exception was the salad, which was crisp and fresh. But I ordered my dressing on the side. My husband's salad was dressed, and the amount of dressing overwhelmed the salad. Overall, I would not choose to return. If I did go back, I would be certain to ask that my food be prepared with no added salt and as little butter/oil as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatWdc1906Dined on 8/5/2014Wonderful as always . I love this place. Saw an old friend thereSpecial Features:
- Very impressed!Kcp1963Dined on 8/1/2014Loved the big selection on menu. Lots of fresh seafood items, steaks, something for everyone. Liked the fixed price menu with appetizer/salad, meat and side. Great selection of mixed drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceHollahDined on 7/21/2014We always appreciate the great service at Ruth's Chris. Juan was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FunAlabamaVIPDined on 7/20/2014We celebrated a family birthday with 8 guest and our meal was delightful. Good food. Good service. Great wine list! We dine here frequently and it is consistently good in every aspect. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and mediocreBHMGourmetDined on 7/18/2014Steaks are OK but nothing special (Prime but not dry-aged) given the price . Sides are great and the spicy lobster bites app is really good. Service is good but a little impersonal at times. For what you spend in one trip to Ruth's Chris, you could almost go to Highlands twice and the latter is in a far better league. I'd recommend going about 30 other places in Birmingham before I would recommend RC.
- Great birthday celebrationDisneyloversDined on 7/15/2014Excellent food and service. The lobster bites were awesome. Food was cooked perfectly. Our waiter was always there without being intrusive. Our family had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed my 24th birthday!!! Very romantic and calming!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cost not worth the service and foodBw12344Dined on 6/21/2014Went to Ruth Chris for my 8 year wedding anniversary. We were very disappointed in the service and the small portions of food. Our steak was not cooked to the temperature we both requested. I wanted medium well, and it was more like well done. My wife wanted well done and got a piece of black charcoal.we could have went to Logan's steakhouse and got the same food and service for a lot less the180.00.Special Features:
- Special thanks to Juan, our server.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/17/2014We had 3 people for a working dinner -- he was aware of our plans & his level of attention was perfect for our needs. Table was out of traffic & perfect.
- SatisfactionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014We were pleased all around. The food was great, wait staff attentive and we saw several friends that we had not seen in a long time.Special Features:
- Nice but...DrWhoDined on 6/11/2014Because of meetings, we often eat at Ruth Chris in Huntsville and love it. Since we live in Birmingham. we thought we would try the one here for lunch. The food was fine but not as good as what we have had in Huntsville. It was all okay but just nothing to get excited about or to go out of your way to try. Perhaps our expectations were too high.
- BadMikeO101VIPDined on 6/7/2014The food, service, and surroundings where sub par and not close to every Ruth Chris I have eaten at. Wouldn't go back
- Avoid if you have a dairy allergynodairyDined on 6/7/2014My wife's steak was excellent but I can't have red meat or dairy so I ordered halibut with crab, sans butter sauce, and asked to have the chef do something without dairy. What came out was dry fish with dry crab chunks. The crab tasted OK but the fish tasted old and tired. I couldn't eat it so they took it off of the check. The waiter and manager apologized but there weren't many options. The salad was great. The spinach was good. The bread was fine. My wife's flourless chocolate espresso cake and my sorbet were excellent. Waiter was great. Either the chef doesn't know how to cook without butter or he was off for the night, or you don't need a chef to prepare perfectly timed steaks. My wife may go back but it wouldn't make sense for me.
- Wonderful ExperiencewenmcDined on 5/31/2014Ruth's Chris is consistently wonderful and a great treat for family or friends. The staff are always top notch and we are so grateful to have such a special restaurant in our neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 5/17/2014We went for steak and quite frankly the steak was the best in town as always.
- Great Steaks and Wines!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Wonderful Evening, great bone-in Ribeye cooked to perfection! The chop house Salad is unique as it is delectible as well! Paul our waiter was very attentive and had me wanting for nothing. Would definiately go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good steaks!IronDukeDined on 5/16/2014steaks (ribeye & filet) were excellent, harvest salad was fair, bread pudding was very good, server was attentive but overly-talkative; pricey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationTastefulDined on 5/15/2014When we dine at Ruth's Chris we always have great food. Their steaks are some of the best in town. I would recommend this restuarant to anyone wanting to have a good meal and a little quiiet time. Our waiter Paul was very knowledgable and very attentive. Prices are a little higher but the food and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014We enjoy eating here because the food is excellent and because we are also staying at the hotel, just have to come down the elevator to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Ruth's ChrisSmittyDined on 5/10/2014Consistent quality and good service. This is my "go-to" spot for special occasions. It's certainly more expensive than your average chain, but that's kind of the point, right? Everything has always run like clockwork at this restaurant and I have been coming here for many years - everything from reservations until I pick up my car with the valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It never failsMrTasteAndSeeDined on 5/9/2014It never fails...we have came to Ruth's Chris last year by an invite from a good friend and we have been hooked since! BEST food this side of the Mississippi!Great service! We will be back again and again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 204 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Birmingham reviews archive.
- Strike Two4datenightsDined on 5/3/2014This was my second time going to the Ruth's Chris in Bimrongham and I was pretty disappointed both times. Despite the fact that we saw many other couples come and go, we waited for nearly twenty minutes after our reservation time before they called our name to be seated. Our waiter was friendly but not very attentive or helpful. The food was fine although it too took a long time. The restaurant is in the center of a hotel lobby and the atmosphere is far too casual for the food and prices. There were people in the bar wearing overalls, cowboy hats, and shouting at a basketball game on the TV. The restaurant was loud and we were seated very close to another table despite there being plenty of other tables available.
- Great Steaks AgainSkipDined on 5/3/2014Food was excellent as usual. We eat at Ruth's Chris about 4 times a year (usually for family birthdays). This was the first time I thought the service was below par. We saw very little of the waiter and waited a good while for our table to be cleared. They were very crowded (proms) and may have been a little understaffed for the night. I certainly plan to return for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 4/27/2014Terrific as always! Food and service were perfect. Very friendly staff also. There may be higher rated restaurants in Birmingham but there are none better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingshsdl2014Dined on 4/26/2014Our waiter was very knowledgeable about all of the different menu items. He was a great waiter! The food was amazing and the steak melted in your mouth. We will definitely be taking another trip to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomegratefulDined on 4/26/2014our head waiter was paul. he was fabulous and was intent on seeing that we were cared for. his team was efficient and courteous. we could not have had a better experience. we had made reservations but had no idea we would have a "private area" by the waterfall. we felt as if we had a private room. it was beautiful. i had never been to this location, but chose it based on a reccomendation from a friend. we were pleased, delighted, and grateful. there were 8 of us celebrating a uab graduation. the special dessert for our graduate was a wonderful surprise and enjoyed. best decaf coffee i had ever had, and i drink a lot of coffee. loved the french press!! paul took photos for us and was very attentive.Special Features:
- Superb experienceJaglvrDined on 4/20/2014Ruth's Chris is, for us, a "go-to" destination when we're looking to make an evening special, or to commemorate a special occasion. They didn't disappoint when we visited the restaurant for my wife's birthday. They were ready for us as we arrived for our reservation; we were promptly seated at a booth in the atrium. We heartily recommend the fried oyster appetizer, and our entrees (mixed grill for her, salmon filet w/cajun seasonings for me) were perfect. Our server, Joe, was friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was excellent. Pricey but worth it; this is one of the best dining experiences to be had in the area.Special Features:
- Easter LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2014We had a wonderful experience as usual with Ruth's Chris - service was excellent, food wonderful - the only slight issue we had was with the our leftovers that we asked to be packed up - One of the dishes - the sweet potato casserole that my Mother had - was not placed in the to-go bag she was handed and she didn't notice this until the went to rewarm the food yesterday - she was disappointed as that is her favorite side item at Ruths, but she did have her fried oysters and lamb chops to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could have been betterBhamladyVIPDined on 4/20/2014We eat at Ruth Chris a lot during the year and did so on Easter. The food was great, but the service was well below par compared to past visits. We had to wait 25 minutes after our salads were taken away to get our entree. We made reservations for after 1:30 pm thinking we would avoid the rush and the restaurant was not even half full. Not sure what the problem was because our server has been there for a long time. We had to ask twice when we would receive our main dish and he didn't seem too concerned that we had waited so long. There were several tables that arrived after we did that got there food 20 minutes before we did. We will be back but will want a different server.Special Features:
- Doesn't stack up to other RC'sBruceincharlotteVIPDined on 3/25/2014Started with the Tomato Mozzarella. The slices of tomato looked good until you peeked underneath and found that they were not ideal. Maybe it's the wrong season but I have higher expectations when three slices of tomato and three slices of mozzarella cheese are $12. As well, the "fresh basil" seemed not as fresh as I expected. I've made way better myself. The petite filet was perfect. Rare as ordered and tender. Potatoes Lyonnaise were in a small puddle of butter but were tasty. I was staying in the Embassy Suites and in my room was a $52 deal for a three course meal. There was nothing about that when I got to the Ruth's Chris menu and I really did not feel like bringing it up.Special Features:
- Not very goodGeneDined on 3/22/2014Overall we were very disappointed with this dining experience. The steak was cut unevenly and not a very good cut (tough). We have gotten a much better ribeye for $20 at a lower end restaurant. Definitely not worth $140. The waiter was a little disappointing as well because he never asked my wife how her meal was, he only communicated with me. I did let them know that I did not enjoy my meal and never offered to reduce my bill and contact the manager. I could have pressed them a little but chose just pay the bill and get out. On a positive note, the sautéed spinach was good. But overall ... disappointing.
- Goodlapizz3Dined on 3/2/2014The restaurant has good decor and ambiance and the wait staff was excellent. The only negative was my dish, which was lamb chops. They were average. The seasoning was not up to par and they were very tough. Other than that everything was very good.Special Features:
- OutstandingLenaDined on 3/1/2014I was completely impressed. Everything from the moment I stepped in was awesome. The staff was friendly and open to answer all of our questions. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding & Consistantly great!FrequentdinerDined on 2/21/2014We have had a few recent opportunities to dine at Ruths Chris and they have been very enjoyable. The food is consistent and very great and the service by Larry is outstanding. Now that we have visited a few times Larry knows our preferences so its fun to ensure we get one of his tables as he takes great care of us. And if you have a special romantic occasion or business meeting they have a few little alcove acreas that are more private. This is also a great choice if you need to minimize background noise too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DiningPreciousDined on 2/20/2014Food was fantastic. Excellent service. Very nice atmosphere. Loved the planting between booths, I felt like we were alone in the restaurant.....very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time and good foodidonthaveafourletternicknDined on 2/16/2014An enjoyable evening of good food and conversation.Special Features:
- special nightwenmcDined on 2/16/2014I took my grandmother to dinner for her 96th birthday! She loved it and everyone made her fee so special!Special Features:
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Went to Valentine's Dinner and Ruth's Chris did not disappoint. My fiancee had the petite filet and I had the fillet. They both were delicious, cooked as ordered, seasoned to perfection. We had a nice pinot noir and a side and appetizer, which all complimented the steaks well. Out waitress was extremely helpful and very nice throughout the evening. A great experience for a young couple on a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicePF0295VIPDined on 2/9/2014Were there to celebrate a birthday dinner. The food was outstanding and the service was the same.Special Features: