Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
7315 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3500/Bethesda
- Phone: 3016527877
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jose Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Bethesda, MD - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Bethesda offers 2 private rooms for up to 30 & 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Janice Chan 8772934586
- Entertainment: Thursday through Saturday: Keyboard player in lounge from 7:30pm
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Bethesda, MD serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (33)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (23)notable wine list (21)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DisappointedCapHillVIPDined on 8/26/2014The quality of the food has really declined. I've been going here for several years and I am surprised at the change. Vegetables and salads were poor quality for a steakhouse. Also, the service was very slow and in attentive.
- Surprisingly disappointedCsealsDined on 8/23/2014New to area-difficult to find parking. Our favorite Chopped salad tasted different than at other Ruth's Chris restaurants -not as flavorful & not up to standard. Had to ask the waiter for bread & butter & refills on drinks constantly throughout the whole night. Waiter told us to move our plates aside when the main entrees came even though we had barely started our first course-pouly timed on his part. Steak was cooked to perfection and desserts were delicious but our waiter was the main disappointment of the evening. Not up to the standards that we come to expect from this restaurant chain. Will not be returning to the Bethesda location!Special Features:
- Always enjoy...TCrawfordDined on 8/19/2014Ruth Chris is a great spot to enjoy a good dinner with your spouse or significant other. The stuffed chicken is the best along with the sweet potato casserole. We hadn't been in a while but went a couple of nights ago and it didn't disappoint as usual! Service is on point alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014I always enjoy going to Ruth's Chris Restaurants. They're always professional with an excellent choice of steaks that are properly done. I wish i brought my dad to this restaurant before he passed away. I think he would have enjoyed it. I went during Restaurant Week so this store was running out of supplies. I ordered the Caesar Salad, Mixed Grill and since they ran out of Raspberry tart sorbet i ended up with two scoops of chocolate ice cream. The salad was very well made just like their home baked serving bread with sweet whipped cream. Nice!!! The mixed grills were very tasty. The chicken breast was properly cooks with a slight crispy coating, and the petite filet was well made. Complaint--the ice cream. Tasted like Breyers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekxkingjamezDined on 8/16/2014It was my first time with my girlfriend. Parking was convienent because it was only about 5 minutes away. Our reservation was for 8:15 but we were seated by 8 which made us happy campers. Our waiters were quick and informative in the beginning, but slowly declined as more customers arrived. he did not refill my water and check up on us at all. We had to flag him down for the check and dessert. The Restaurant Week menu was great. I had the steak house salad, the trio, and ice cream. My girlfriend was stuffed so I was happy I had extra leftover food to eat. I would defenitely return when I have a lot of money. Its pricey without the deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceLynnDined on 8/15/2014The moment my date and I walked in the service at Ruth Chris in Bethesda was spot on and great! Anil was taking care of us that night and had a wonderful time and conversation with him. I will definiately come back for the food and the service. Make to ask for Anil. One thing suprised me was other patrons that were dining wasn't dressed that they were in a higher end steakhouse. Gentlemens were wearing jeans, jean shorts and t-shirts. Would've thought that diners would dress nicer at a white tablecloth restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We had a server who was outstanding. We were celebrating my wife's 50 birthday and he made the night a great success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service FriendlyBirthday50Dined on 8/14/2014I enjoyed the food but loved the friendly services. I laugh all night with friends because the service engaged us. the even took a picture of the group and gave them to each birthday person. This Ruth Chris is worth going back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsgigiDined on 8/14/2014We have frequented this restaurant for several years and have always been pleased with everything from the food to the service. We have done brunch and dinner and treated out of town guests who were very impressed. This is one of our favorite restaurants in the DC area.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBirthdayGirlDined on 8/13/2014This was my first time going to the Bethesda location but I have been to Ruth Chris and have always loved the food. I had the best birthday celebration here. The staff is very friendly and professsional. I will defintely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great timeLove4foodDined on 8/13/2014Love RC in Bethesda. Great service and a food feast. So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekRockhopperDined on 8/11/2014We truly enjoyed a delicious meal for Restaurant Week. The service and ambience were excellent. We all had the filet which was very tender and the sides were large enough to share. The restaurant did not skimp on portions or quality for this special week. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is slippingfood4thoughtDined on 7/27/2014This was our second visit to this location in the past 6 weeks, and the service is slipping from normal Ruth's Chris standards. One shouldn't have to always ask for a water or coffee refill. Also for the first time ever, the food wasn't prepared as ordered. My friends and I were quite surprised to see the downturn at this location. I hope it improves!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceBethesda2014VIPDined on 7/23/2014Bobby was an inpecible server, treated us with respect and kindness! He answered all questions about the menu and even gave us the history of how Ruth's Chris came to be. It was a perfect evening to celebrate a very special occasion. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoKAdiningDined on 7/21/2014We treated ourselves to celebrate a birthday. They had put confetti on the table which was nice, but put us in a table along a major traffic way while many tables remained available in more desirable locations. I have no idea why they chose this table - so bizarre. I didn't ask to move because they had put all of this bday confetti on the table. The steak is amazing. Wine pores huge disappointment. Literally a splash of wine for $20 or so depending on what wine you choose. I had to say something - they claimed that Montgomery county doesn't allow them to poor more than 6 ounces..1 that is ridiculous and 2 no way there was 6 ounces in that glassSpecial Features:
- Every bit as good as Morton's.RichDined on 7/18/2014I loved everything about this restaurant except for the fact that there apparently was no valet parking, so I parked in a public garage nearly two blocks away. I learned however that they DO have valet parking. But there is no valet parking sign out front and there are no valet attendants out front either. To valet park, one must know that one has to go around the block and look for a sign and attendants which are there, somewhere less than a block away. This restaurant is as good as Morton's, which is saying something! But it is quite a bit more expensive than Morton's. If looking for a four-star dining experience in the Bethesda area, and getting good value for your dollar is of interest to you, choose Morton's.Special Features:
- excellent servicemhh9Dined on 7/8/2014Our waiter, Gabriel, was amazing - very attentive and helpful. The cocktail I had, Bees Knees Agave - was one of the best cocktails I have ever enjoyed. My appetizer (lobster bisque), meal (petite filet) and side (potatoes au gratin) were all delicious. Great experience.Special Features:
- Poor service at Ruth's ChrisherbgardengirlDined on 7/4/2014Extremely poor handling of guests. The restaurant was nearly empty, yet another family with a noisy child and a man wearing strong cologne was seated next to us. No! Give people space when possible! Our busboy leaned across my plate to fill my water glass, spilling on the table. No! Walk around, pick up the glass, and fill it. The busboy removed a plate I was not finished with. No! Ask first! I asked for vinegar and oil for my salad, and the busboy removed it before I was finished. No! Ask! The busboy removed the bread plate and butter, when I had planned to use some of the butter on my vegetable. Stop! The food was very expensive, and we expected excellent service. So disappointing. Don't see how they stay in business.
- Highly recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/1/2014As always, my favorite dish, Petit Filet, was outstanding.Special Features:
- Deliciousmom10022013Dined on 6/28/2014My husband has long spoken of Ruth's Chris with business dinners. Finally we went ourselves. I enjoyed everything we consumed - from the flavor filled Ahi Tuna appetizer, to the melt in your mouth filet on the sizzling plate of butter, to the beyond words tasty cauliflower and finally decadent creme brule. The creamed spinach was a little too creamy and not enough spinach for my liking. The blackberry cocktail was light and refreshing and the glass of Merlot a great compliment to the meal. It was an extravagant meal for us (my husband enjoyed the chocolate explosion for dessert), made possible by the generosity of two gift certificates. If we had been dining on our own, the meal would have been a more low key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent DinnerBillDined on 6/20/2014An excellent dinner, as usual. The steaks were subpurb. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous !DeliciousVIPDined on 6/20/2014It was a great meal....food couldn't be topped. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the service too.Special Features:
- Dad's day outStephDined on 6/15/2014I took my father there to celebrate his special day (Father's Day).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try ThisNachoSilverSpringDined on 6/4/2014Sam was an excellent waiter. The Ahi tuna appetizer is incredible. The filet at 3.5 lb lobster pre-cut from the shell were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyDSWnTucsonDined on 6/3/2014No matter the city, you know what you will get when you go to Ruth's Chris. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- food great - otherwise, mehtartegninVIPDined on 5/27/2014Booked into Ruth's Chris to be sure of a great typical steakhouse experience for visiting relatives from England. One of them had limited mobility, so I was happy to see valet parking. First off, the food was very good - steaks of expected high quality, the sides were generous and the desserts gooey. Décor was ok, a bit high end Cheesecake Factory, but still ok. Server was pleasant if rushed. The restaurant fell down on valet parking, which is off a side street and not marked well, hard to find and hard to circle around the block. Other small but annoying issues: main course served before one diner had finished appetizer and dishes cleared with a grumpy clatter. Both marred what should have been a first class experience.
- BillDined on 5/22/2014We had an excellent dinner as usual. Food was terrific and service wonderful.Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/21/2014A college graduation dinner with my grandson, a special dinner at a special restaurant. Food and drinks were outstanding. I look forward to repeating the event there in three years for my granddaughter's graduation. Perfect ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureverticalstallDined on 5/18/2014Despite being a chain, Ruth's Chris always delivers when it comes to steak. I took my parents out to dinner for a special occasion and my father remarked that this was one of the best steaks he'd ever had - I wholeheartedly agree. The Ribeye was deliciously marbled and tender and cooked to perfection. I will continue to frequent this establishment for special occasions (it is expensive) and recommend others to try it if they haven't had the pleasure of a Ruth's Chris experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingArt1Dined on 5/17/2014I haven't been to Ruth's Cris in awhile, but my wife and I have wonderful memories of romantic dinners there. It's expensive, of course, but we always felt it was worth it for a special dining experience. As a result, we were really surprised and disappointed with our overall experience. Here's why: Our first server was so casual and inattentive it immediately dampened the night for us. He acted like he didn't want to be there and then we rarely saw him again. We had two other servers involved throughout the night and we never quite knew who we should be talking to--they clearly didn't seem to be talking to each other. And the end, we never saw ANY of the three servers ... had to wait about 20 minutes to even see one to ask for the check!Special Features:
- RequestBeckiDined on 5/17/2014I had requested a more private location and we were seated in the main walkway entering the restaurant. Not private at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2014Food and service were fantastic. From the valet to the hostess to the wait staff everyone gives first class treatment and the food is always great. Love this place and you will too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Mother's DaycosmitDined on 5/11/2014Reservation was on time and service was great. Attentive service without being oppressive. Nice ambience for a late Mother's Day lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal...LDLDVIPDined on 5/10/2014...with one exception - undercooked, small, and disappointing barbecued shrimp. One long-time favorite that will come off my must have list. Otherwise, fabulous food, attentive service and a lovely evening.Special Features:
- The following 786 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda reviews archive.
- Sincerely DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2014Overpriced. Probably just pay for the name. $50 Filet--wouldn't pay $20 for it again.Special Features:
- ToastieDined on 5/3/2014Always love Ruth Chris and will continue to eat there.Special Features:
- Good GrubbcavemanDined on 5/3/2014The last time I ate here I was very disappointed. This time I was very impressed and satisfied, best steak I had in a while. I will be making a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningLeafy09Dined on 4/27/2014The server we had was awesome! We enjoyed the food and the dessert we ordered Chocolate Explosion was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Special CelebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Ruth's Chris has become a tradition with me. A close friend and I treat each other to a dinner there for our birthdays every year, and my husband and I also celebrate anniversaries and birthdays there. We especially love their Classic menu that allows you to select the entree and get a salad, side and dessert as part of the price. The food is always delicious, and the steaks are always cooked perfectly. They also pay special attention to the special reason for the celebration.Special Features:
- Great Special OccasionbobinrockvilleDined on 4/11/2014I took my wife to Ruth's Chris for her birthday and we had a wonderful dinner and evening.Special Features: