Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
7315 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3500/Bethesda
- Phone: (301) 652-7877
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jose Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Bethesda, MD - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Bethesda offers 2 private rooms for up to 30 & 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Janice Chan 8772934586
- Entertainment: Thursday through Saturday: Keyboard player in lounge from 7:30pm
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Bethesda, MD serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (41)notable wine list (26)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Our go-to PlaceNewFanVIPDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I have dinner at Ruth Chris/Bethesda fairly often. We're lucky enough that they're located nearby. The food is consistently good and the service friendly and impeccable. It's a great go to place as well as a special dinner place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEED TO DESCRIBE WHERE VALET PARKING IS!DinnerswithDadDined on 11/14/2014My dinner guest and I were both a full half hour late to our 6:30 Friday reservation because, while the website indicated that valet parking was available (quite necessary in that part of downtown Bethesda), the website did not include directions on how to find the valet parking stand (which was not at the entrance and instead on a one way street off the side of the restaurant that could only be accessed by making 3 left turns off of Wisconsin Avenue! Left on Willow, Left on 47th, Left on Elm...Valet on your right. Would be great if they could put that information on the website -- otherwise, dinner was absolutely terrific!Special Features:
- bad service for this caliberMaryDined on 11/1/2014We were seated promptly at our reservation time, at table with confetti on it (we had told them we were celebrating a birthday and somebody had remembered). We were handed menus, given water and bread shortly after being seated but then, were ignored for at least 10 minutes while our primary waiter was actually cleaning up a table before taking our order (none of the waiters, including ours, were overworked as there were several empty tables around us). Never asked whose birthday it was; never brought cake with candle we noticed other guests were receiving. Did seem knowledgeable when asked about wines. We expected something special from Ruth Chris but did not get it.Special Features:
- Not up to pardcdiningDined on 10/31/2014This must have been an off night because the petite filet was way over cooked and stringy. The potato's au gratin were undercooked. Not worth the money. If this were my first experience with Ruth Chris, I would not go back but normally the food is excellent. However, this was my first time at the Bethesda location and I probably won't go back to that location again as there are a couple of other Ruth Chris' in the DC Metro area.
- Service with an un-smileJohnDined on 10/31/2014Wife and I went out for a "date." To be fair, very efficient and fast service, but very cold, unwelcoming, unfriendly employees made it a very unpleasant dining experience. Walked in and 3 hostesses did not acknowledge our existence, did not even say welcome to Ruth's Chris. We told them our name with reservations and were seated immediately. Waiter came right over and the only thing he said was "would you like bottled water?" Did not introduce himself. Warm bread was brought to our table. Waiter came back and took our order. Ordered Ribeyes, medium rare, which were exceptionally fatty and tasteless, except for the overwhelming butter. Paid the check and went home. Very efficient but cold, unpleasant, unmemorable dining.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014We came for the steak and were not disappointed. The petit filets were excellent. The salads were ok...nothing spectacular, but complimented the dinner well. The Au gratin potatoes seemed a little undercooked, and had a bit too much of an onion taste. Our waiter went above and beyond the usual and was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyjhenieDined on 10/26/2014We went here for my sister 65th birthday, it was our first experience dinning in Bethesda, MD and we really enjoyed the most of it. the food is amazing whoa the portions is huge for 1 person , our service is superb and friendly..Gem for the neighborhood..Decor is cozy and definitely i will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We visit Ruth's Chris for special occasions and we visited this time to celebrate my husbands birthday. The waiting staff took great care of us and and made the evening special. Excellent food and ambience.Special Features:
- Nearly perfect as alwaysMeganDined on 10/19/2014Ruth's Chris always is impeccable and delicious and the Bethesda location lived up to my prior experiences. Drinks, appetizers, and dinner were served efficiently without seeming rushed and the food was excellent. My only minor complaint was that the dessert (ordered to go) took a long time to come out.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Great food with a mediocre service! Maybe the waiters/waitresses need more trainingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bethesda location is perfectionJHumpVIPDined on 10/17/2014Another great visit to Ruth's Chris in Bethesda. No disappointments in any way. Service was spectacular, the meal was amazing, and the Wine terrific. Only area that could use a little help is the wine list. It is coming up a little short in some areas, but there is for sure something for everyone.Special Features:
- ExcellentDaveCDined on 10/17/2014There was a very short wait upon arrival, but then all went fine. The service was timely and well served. The steaks were great, none better in my 71 years of life. I've seared and grilled a few that compare but this was great. I've eaten at five different Ruth's Chris's and they are all excellent. The Bethesda instance was up to the best, after we found out how to use the valet parking. If you've never done that, I suggest that you call ahead for instructions, as Google won't help.Special Features:
- Perfect birthdayBirthdayyumDined on 10/10/2014From the moment we were met by Roz to arriving to our table where she pre-arranged confetti on the tablecloth to Victor our amazing waiter - what a night!!! Champagne Tomato salads, steak and lobster tail wine and a cheescake with candles - so wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a chain steak houseDcf00dieDined on 10/8/2014Ruth Chris Bethesda was nice for our anniversary celebration. Food was good, although we've had better but then again we paid significantly more for those meals. The meal quality and pricing are consistent and there is good variety. Our server was not really attentive after our meal came which was a downside to the meal, but he was nice nonetheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014TERRIBLE. Service was a joke! Three times to get my steak right. Terrible service, crazy valet parking set up and overall a bad experience for 40-50 dollar steaks. You expect more when you go fine dining. But they were so confused, and it was just a hassle. I would write more but my space is limited. I have been to many Ruth's Chris. This was the worst. My opinion of them is tarnished. I love steakhouses. If you do too, I recommend you go somewhere else.
- Another Great SteakUnclejohnDined on 10/3/2014As far as good steak houses go Ruth's is now the tops. Great meal even though the waiter knocked over my drink.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerRockvilleResidentVIPDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I celebrated a quiet evening for our 31st anniversary dinner at Ruth's Chris in Bethesda. I selected Ruth's Chris for the wine list and reliably excellent food. We experienced excellent service, fabulous wine, and delicious food. This was the right choice for our special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Losing its edgeLbouvierDined on 9/26/2014Side dishes smaller and less. Classy. Service slow and sloppy - splashed drink on me twice. Dr sinks late and service spottySpecial Features:
- An incredible DISAPPOINTMENTsbsvdlDined on 9/21/2014The food was great, but the service was beyond terrible. It started the minute we walked in the door and deteriorated from there. We had a 6:15 reservation, and came a few minutes early, but were relegated to the bar. When we didn't order drinks there, we were left to sit longer. The restaurant was virtually empty. Then, we were seated in the bar, not in the proper part of the restaurant. Then, the waitress tried to push a $400 bottle of wine (the most expensive on the list). We waited inordinately long times to place orders, and then again for each course. It was so bad after the entree that we stacked our dishes. The waitress didn't get the hint. Totally unimpressed. Never coming back.
- DisappointingEricopDined on 9/20/2014Our experience was disappointing. It was our anniversary, and we had a 7:30 reservation. We were not seated until after 8:00, which was consistent with other reservations. The server was extremely nice, professional, and acknowledged our occasion. Unfortunately, I ordered the Cowboy cut, which the waiter came back and told me they were out of, and proceeded to recommend the T-Bone. I agreed, and he came back again and said they were out of the T-Bone as well, so I settled for the Kansas City Strip. For a major steak house that charges $50 per steak, this was quite disappointing. The waiter did his best to accommodate, and the rest of the meal was great.Special Features:
- Best steak still!hatetocookVIPDined on 9/20/2014We've tried all of them, but still think Ruth's Chris is the best. The steaks are always fantastic - my favor it is the petite filet. We always share salad and sides and there is plenty for two. Never disappointed hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it...OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/19/2014Ruth's Chris never fails my wife and I...we try to get there as much as possible.Special Features:
- Our favorite area restaurant.mddinerDined on 9/15/2014We like this restaurant and we visit them frequently for all our special occasions like our anniversary, valentine'ss day, birthdays and so on. They have always worked to make our special evenings special. We know many of the staff by name.Special Features:
- diningincvilleDined on 9/9/2014not up to their previous standard. onion rings were cold, had to send back. other minor bumps in the dinner too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- very special dining experienceColumbia11Dined on 9/6/2014Ordered Filet mignon cooked medium, but the steak was done Med-well. Still, it was an incredibly flavorful steak. The entire dinner experience from wine to steak to dessert was one of the most memorable meals. We enjoyed celebrating our 29th Anniversary with Ruth's Chris Steak House in Bethesda. We will return for our next special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could've been betterCB5555Dined on 9/5/2014Great food but mediocre service. I've never had an issue with the level of service but this time it was not up to par. The server provided a much lower level of service to us than what was provided to his other tables. I almost felt discriminated against based on that we were younger and maybe didn't look like his normal clientele. I had to ask for everything; drink refills, for him to clear the table, etc. He never came over once we got our food and asked how it was. I told the manager at the end of our dinner and he just said sorry and he would talk to him. While this will not prevent me from coming to Ruth's Chris in the future, I will definitely reconsider coming back to Bethesda location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner Steak HouseGotoGrilledOysterDined on 8/31/2014Our three-generation family dinner enjoyed an evening at Ruth's Chris Steak House. The food and service were excellent. Our non-beef eaters had several choices and everyone found something they enjoyed. Our oldest generation appreciated a restaurant that is not as noisy as many restaurants these days. The tables also have more space between them than most. Our kids liked dressing up and having a fancy dinner (there is a kids' menu).Special Features:
- DisappointedCapHillVIPDined on 8/26/2014The quality of the food has really declined. I've been going here for several years and I am surprised at the change. Vegetables and salads were poor quality for a steakhouse. Also, the service was very slow and in attentive.
- Surprisingly disappointedCsealsVIPDined on 8/23/2014New to area-difficult to find parking. Our favorite Chopped salad tasted different than at other Ruth's Chris restaurants -not as flavorful & not up to standard. Had to ask the waiter for bread & butter & refills on drinks constantly throughout the whole night. Waiter told us to move our plates aside when the main entrees came even though we had barely started our first course-pouly timed on his part. Steak was cooked to perfection and desserts were delicious but our waiter was the main disappointment of the evening. Not up to the standards that we come to expect from this restaurant chain. Will not be returning to the Bethesda location!Special Features:
- Always enjoy...TCrawfordDined on 8/19/2014Ruth Chris is a great spot to enjoy a good dinner with your spouse or significant other. The stuffed chicken is the best along with the sweet potato casserole. We hadn't been in a while but went a couple of nights ago and it didn't disappoint as usual! Service is on point alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014I always enjoy going to Ruth's Chris Restaurants. They're always professional with an excellent choice of steaks that are properly done. I wish i brought my dad to this restaurant before he passed away. I think he would have enjoyed it. I went during Restaurant Week so this store was running out of supplies. I ordered the Caesar Salad, Mixed Grill and since they ran out of Raspberry tart sorbet i ended up with two scoops of chocolate ice cream. The salad was very well made just like their home baked serving bread with sweet whipped cream. Nice!!! The mixed grills were very tasty. The chicken breast was properly cooks with a slight crispy coating, and the petite filet was well made. Complaint--the ice cream. Tasted like Breyers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekxkingjamezDined on 8/16/2014It was my first time with my girlfriend. Parking was convienent because it was only about 5 minutes away. Our reservation was for 8:15 but we were seated by 8 which made us happy campers. Our waiters were quick and informative in the beginning, but slowly declined as more customers arrived. he did not refill my water and check up on us at all. We had to flag him down for the check and dessert. The Restaurant Week menu was great. I had the steak house salad, the trio, and ice cream. My girlfriend was stuffed so I was happy I had extra leftover food to eat. I would defenitely return when I have a lot of money. Its pricey without the deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceLynnDined on 8/15/2014The moment my date and I walked in the service at Ruth Chris in Bethesda was spot on and great! Anil was taking care of us that night and had a wonderful time and conversation with him. I will definiately come back for the food and the service. Make to ask for Anil. One thing suprised me was other patrons that were dining wasn't dressed that they were in a higher end steakhouse. Gentlemens were wearing jeans, jean shorts and t-shirts. Would've thought that diners would dress nicer at a white tablecloth restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We had a server who was outstanding. We were celebrating my wife's 50 birthday and he made the night a great success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service FriendlyBirthday50Dined on 8/14/2014I enjoyed the food but loved the friendly services. I laugh all night with friends because the service engaged us. the even took a picture of the group and gave them to each birthday person. This Ruth Chris is worth going back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsgigiDined on 8/14/2014We have frequented this restaurant for several years and have always been pleased with everything from the food to the service. We have done brunch and dinner and treated out of town guests who were very impressed. This is one of our favorite restaurants in the DC area.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBirthdayGirlDined on 8/13/2014This was my first time going to the Bethesda location but I have been to Ruth Chris and have always loved the food. I had the best birthday celebration here. The staff is very friendly and professsional. I will defintely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great timeLove4foodDined on 8/13/2014Love RC in Bethesda. Great service and a food feast. So yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekRockhopperDined on 8/11/2014We truly enjoyed a delicious meal for Restaurant Week. The service and ambience were excellent. We all had the filet which was very tender and the sides were large enough to share. The restaurant did not skimp on portions or quality for this special week. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 810 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda reviews archive.
- Service is slippingfood4thoughtDined on 7/27/2014This was our second visit to this location in the past 6 weeks, and the service is slipping from normal Ruth's Chris standards. One shouldn't have to always ask for a water or coffee refill. Also for the first time ever, the food wasn't prepared as ordered. My friends and I were quite surprised to see the downturn at this location. I hope it improves!Special Features: