Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue
565 Bellevue Square
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/2223/Bellevue
- Phone: (425) 451-1550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Wichert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Bellevue, WA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Gracie Hunt 8775787163
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Bellevue, WA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)romantic (19)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (14)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always excellentSusanVIPDined on 11/21/2014We love the food and the excellent service. We're never rushed, the steaks are perfection and we consider this our go-to favorite steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent steakhouseTwoguysVIPDined on 11/1/2014Steakhouses are almost commodities. The menus are virtually identical from place to place, so to deliver a memorable meal takes effort. This is a chain place that delivers an above-average but not superlative experience. Everything was good, nothing stands out. Décor is plain, almost unadorned, not elegant The steaks Oscar-style had very generous amounts of crab meat, which was nice, but otherwise the food did not stand out compared to other places. Wait staff were friendly and competent, food was delivered in a timely fashion, nice and hot. Overall, this place seems a little pricey but it was still very good. There are other steakhouses nearby that are higher end and deliver more of a unique dining experience for a bit more money.
- Great Birthday CelebrationPGAFFDined on 10/24/2014I am glad we ended up at Ruth's Chris Steak House for my birthday dinner. The food and service were over the top "exceptional". Everyone raved about the attention to detail the staff provided and the quality of the food. I personnally had a great time and the picture I received with all was a very nice touch. Thank you for a memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PorterhouseChucheVIPDined on 10/10/2014The porterhouse was excellent. Definitely coming back again for this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but DeliciousakonlDined on 10/9/2014We go to Ruth's Chris every year for our anniversary. It is always delicious, and this time was no exception. If you tell them your special occasion ahead of time they really love to help you celebrate with special touches (ie confetti on the table). The service is also great and very attentive.Special Features:
- Consistently Great!AnneBDined on 10/4/2014We go here regularly and always receive perfect service. But the reason we go is for the steaks. They are the best in Bellevue or any surrounding area. We have tried them all and always return to Ruth's Chris. For the best steak, go to Ruth's Chris!!Special Features:
- Always a great eveningBruceVIPDined on 9/25/2014Food and service was excellent, as always. The provided a delicious complementary dessert for my wife's birthday.Special Features:
- always goodlovesfoodDined on 9/20/2014Ruth Chris never fails to give us the best steak dinner. Ordered lobster with the steak this time and it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Kittykath12Dined on 9/18/2014Me and my husband spent our 12 yr anniversary dinner here. Both of us are Ruth Chris's first- timer. Romantic ambience, music a little loud. I ordered filet minon and he had the rib-eye-both were medium rare. Filet minon was superb! Melted in my mouth. Rib-eye was a bit overcooked. The side mushroom was salty to taste. Overall, a great experience & will come back again for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/17/2014Best Filet ever. You can never go wrong with Ruth Chris steaks!!!! I plan to return.Special Features:
- Amazing mealkeithpDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went here last Saturday evening on a whim, and I'm glad we did. The steak was perfect, and even the side dishes were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atrocious service, good foodBarbhickmanDined on 8/31/2014Our food was really good - my husband's steak was flavorful and tender, my lobster was cooked just right, my Caesar salad was delightful, the wine was wonderful! However, the service was terrible! Our waiter was attentive when we first got there, and then we were forgotten. When another waiter brought our meals and whisked my wineglass away with our bread plates, I was surprised that I was not asked if I would like a second glass of wine. When he got about a step away from the table, I asked for one, and he said, "OH - sure!" and I waited about 20 more minutes for that glass of wine. At dessert, I asked for decaf with cream, and I never got a second cup. It took quite a long time to get a dessert menu also. I guess I expected more...
- consistent good food and serviceLeslieVIPDined on 8/26/2014Ruth Chris Bellevue had excellent service. And the steaks are among the best around. Easy to park, the Ruth Chris classic is a good deal if you want courses with sides. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Absolute SurpriseFoodieLindaVIPDined on 8/19/2014We went here for our anniversary and a way to try another steak house in Bellevue. We were quite surprised at just how amazing it was, both the food and the service. The staff is extremely welcoming and when we left, everyone said good-bye. They have what they call Ruth's Classics and these are Prix Fixee 3 course meals at different levels. We chose the upgrade to get the 12 oz rib-eyes. The great thing is that you can substitute anything on it for anything off the regular menu. This was fantastic! And they had a really nice selection of salads and sides. The steaks came out on sizzling plates and extremely flavorful.Special Features:
- great meal and serviceenjoygoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary. They had Happy Anniversary decorations on the table and everyone who came to the table wished us Happy Anniversary. The steaks are fabulous! Service was great! After we finished eating they took a picture of us and gave us a card with the picture in it, wishing us Happy Anniversary. The only bad thing was parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kamea5Dined on 8/15/2014Took my daughter for a college celebration and everything was great. Our server, Cooper, was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabulous as usualMdotDined on 8/12/2014The Filet was perfect. I highly recommend the chipotle fingerling potatoes! The only problem was the lobster was overcooked. Our server made up for it with excellent service.Special Features:
- ExcellentPunkinDined on 8/10/2014Everything about our dinner was great. We were celebrating our 46th anniversary and received special acknowledgement of that. Food and service was great. Definately a place to come for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicecaptainvDined on 8/9/2014Our anniversary dinner was made so special by the staff. Erich and Soren were very personable and charming. We got our picture taken by the staff which was made into a happy anniversary card. It was a nice touch. Felt very welcome and would definitely return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 392 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue reviews archive.
- Symphony DessertFredDined on 7/19/2014We received an email and got reservations based upon the email. The email described the "Symphony dessert:" Honey-Cinnamon Cheesecake with Peach Compote and Chocolate Almond Bark. This was not as advertised. It was 1/6th the size of a dessert. It was not what we expected. We complained and the server expressed absolutely no concern or acknowledgement. We generally like the food at the restaurant so I am sure that we will return. However, we will not order this dessert.Special Features:
- Great SteaksMeatLuvva777Dined on 7/18/2014This will be my 5th time at Bellevue RC ... its always a good quality consistent piece of meat with a good price n service ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014from the hostess to the wait staff; everyone was friendly and attentive. a great experience for our party of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedlegallyblandDined on 7/11/2014The setting was elegant and the service was very good. The actual dinner was a bit lack luster and a bit too pricey for what we received. We will be trying other fine diners to see if we have become jaded. My first experience with a Ruth's Chris was in Florida and was a delightful experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurant...Jasilva12Dined on 7/5/2014Great Restauraunt but for the money I spend here I would've of rather gone to Morton's Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay dinnerCewood13Dined on 6/25/2014Food was good, but disappointed that the wait staff sat us next to a couple with crying baby. We were eating early enough that the restaurant wasn't crowded (four tables). We were celebrating an anniversary and this spoiled it. Felt wait staff should have been more conscientious of the patrons. There are many steak houses to choose from so service needs to be above standard to have people return. It didn't happen so won't be driving to Bellevue to eat at Ruth's Chris Steak House again.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureSusanVIPDined on 6/21/2014We love this Ruth's Chris. Wonderful service, excellent food. Such a friendly staff. The bar/happy hour is always buzzing and if you head upstairs to the dining room, it's lovely white tablecloth service with fantastic food. Our go-to place for a special meal. Generous portions mean plenty of yummy leftovers for the next day. What's not to love?Special Features:
- Great food and ValueLamdaListingsVIPDined on 6/15/2014This is a great restaurant for people who enjoy steak but don't want to spend a ton. They have their 'classic' menu's that give you a salad, main course, and dessert for $48-54. I got the 54 dollar option in the Filet Mignon and the filet was huge. When you normally get a filet from a notable steak restaurant you usually get a dinky 5-7oz little round cut. This was twice that size so I was pleasantly surprised and couldn't even finish it. Great overall deal as you get a soup/salad, main course with 1 side, and a dessert all for 50. Go to Met or JH and you pay more just for your steak and then you gotta add in the rest so again, AMAZING value.Special Features:
- Father's Day eveningJvanderv1Dined on 6/15/2014I generally like RC for steaks. This Father's Day dinner was a bit different. We were seated in the make shift dining area, (usually used for large groups), and it seemed that our wait staff was the trainees. They were good but not that good. Forgot to bring items, food was slow to arrive, we didn't get any bread. Even our steaks were not cooked very well to our liking. I have to say I'm not in any rush to go back, and I was always a RC fan. It was my go to steak house. I will be looking for a new one.
- Always a great experienceYzmamaDined on 6/14/2014Although we don't typically frequent chain restaurants, Ruths Chris is a favorite. Food is excellent, and service is always good. Love the wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Fav steakhousegoodfood1Dined on 6/7/2014What A Wonderful PlaceTo Come And dine AnyDay OfThe WeekGreat Food Great ServiceBeautiful LocationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSMckenzieDined on 5/30/2014I took my wife to dinner here for her birthday and as always it was good! One of my wife’s favorite places to eat and on her birthday we had great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningthedapperrapperDined on 5/21/2014We had a table for 6 at 6 on 5/21. Our waiter was terrific!! He was very familiar with the menu... he told a "good story" about the various items that we had questions about thereby making the menu "come alive". His recommendations were great, the food outstanding, the wine intoxicating, and the entire evening was simply superb.Special Features:
- Best "vegetarian" restaurant aroundtalbywynnegelbDined on 5/17/2014We were given a gift certificate to Ruth's Chris. We don't eat meat, so it seemed like an unlikely gift for us. But we thought we'd check out their fresh fish. The waiter suggested their standard vegetable plate, which is basically a nicely presented dinner platter of many of their vegetable sides, marinated portobello being the center. This was the second time we had done this but for some reason, the sodium content on these delicious tasting vegetables must have been very high as my husband experienced water retention big time (not anything he'd experienced like that before.) That is perhaps one of the reasons it all tasted so good. I didn't find the taste too salty at all and I am not a salt lover. Next time we'll try the fish.Special Features:
- I'll be back.dare2rememberDined on 5/16/2014it was a great evening. My girlfriend and I have one for dinner the wait staff was very supportive without being intrusive they did a very meticulous and timely maintenance of our table meeting or empty bottles and thinks like that as well as plates they did a great job cleaning up the delivery of the food was nice and hot cooked to perfection it tastes extremely good we had an amazing evening we like the bottle of wine we bought they happen to have her favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!TheGeneratorDined on 5/15/2014I've been eating at different Ruth's Chris for over 40 years, including the original restaurant on Broad Street in New Orleans, and the food and service has always been better than top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014was the spot until Howie joined the scene. can't be unhappy with a perfect steak!Special Features:
- steakloverDined on 5/9/2014Far too expensive for a restaurant where the patrons are so casually dressed and kids are running around. Great food but for the money I expect a more refined atmosphere.
- A Fine Dining ExperienceCloyneVIPDined on 4/26/2014The Bellevue Square Ruth's has to be one of the best I have visited, Food, Service, Wine are all just greatSpecial Features:
- it's the SizzleJustRexDined on 4/20/2014In my lifetime, I have found that you can expect a good steak at a quality Steakhouse. I have eaten lunch, dinner, and been to their fabulous Happy Hour at Ruth's Chris and the food has been outstanding. The Sizzle sets them apart. The steaks are served sizzling, the stuffed chicken breast, the lump crab cakes all are all served sizzling---The presentation is fun and has always started a great dining experience. A recent price increase still makes their Happy Hour a top value but suggest you go early---can be very busySpecial Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014I called and told them that it was my Husband's birthday and they made sure to add birthday confetti to the table. It was so festive and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.