Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baton Rouge
4836 Constitution Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70808Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baton Rouge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/
- Phone: 2259250163
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 300pm Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carlos Betancourt
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner, birthday or anniversary party. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Bachman (225) 925-0163
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baton Rouge
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Baton Rouge serves the finest aged, corn-fed USDA Prime beef. Broiled in a trademark 1,800° oven & served on a plate heated to 500 degrees, your steak is presented to you sizzling hot. At Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Baton Rouge you can always enjoy New Orleans-inspired cuisine, aged USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and incredible homemade desserts, all complemented by an award-winning wine list and served with Southern hospitality in an elegant, yet comfortable atmosphere. Ruth's Chris never fails to please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baton Rouge - Best Restaurants in Baton Rouge ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baton Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (24)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (20)good for groups (16)hot spot (11)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Anniversary Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I try to go to Ruth's Chris a few times a year for special occasions. We are never disappointed with the food, staff and atmosphere. The wait staff is on the spot with making recommendations from their wine selection through their desserts and after dinner drinks. Their steaks are the best for special occasions, or if you just want to treat yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our birthdays/anniversary on Saturday night and it was one of the best meals we've had in Baton Rouge. Our server, Brian, was very knowledgeable, friendly and helped make the whole experience even better. And since this isn't one of the corporate locations, they still hand carve their steaks every day from locally sourced, aged prime beef - the best that's available... Plus, not charging any corkage fee is a huge plus for people that have their own wine collection. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, excellent serviceJC5910Dined on 10/9/2014I brought my family went to Ruth's Chris for celebrating my wife's birthday, it's our first time to visit this restaurant, the food is so tasty with excellent service, after meal, they sent my wife a small cheese cake with her name as birthday gift, what a sweet surprise, my wife so enjoyed and all my family had a wonderful night, it's nice restaurant for special occasion and romantic for couple, I will visit it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good lunch menu!KatieVIPDined on 10/8/2014The lunch menu at Ruth's Chris Steak House is the best deal around. You can get a Blue Cheese Wedge Salad (huge) and a 10 oz. hamburger (also huge) with a side of cottage fries for $12!!!! Truly the best lunch deal in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatjmcbride1Dined on 10/4/2014My 14 yr old son had his first date to a dance, and we immediately picked Ruth's for their dinner. We knew the wait staff would be understanding and professional. It was an awesome and memorable experience!Special Features:
- Outstandinggreggb25Dined on 10/3/2014Everything was amazing. As soon I walked in to be seated everyone was very polite and quickly had us sat. Our server Micheal was amazing and made sure that our experience was the best it could possibly be. Thank you so much on such a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Favorite Place to DineAnnKVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food and service is always perfect as expected. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- days gone byvinovinnyVIPDined on 9/19/2014The T bone steak I eagerly consumed was the finest quality and cooked to perfection. It reminded me of the steaks I had as a boy in New York over 50 years ago. We were celebrating our nephew's birthday along with a visit to LSU. He was very impressed with the service as well as his dinner choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Ruth's ChrisSouthernerVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is the original Ruth's Chris and it is the best! Great atmosphere, fabulous service, and (of course) fantastic steaks! Anyone visting Baton Rouge needs to put this restaurant on their list.Special Features:
- Great food, interior needs a updateSoulblaneDined on 9/11/2014As always the food was wonderful; quite possibly the best-seasoned steak I've had at a higher-end restuarant. The interior, however, is in need up some remodeling and doesn't have the same atmosphere compared to Baton Rouge's other premium steakhouses. When you walk in the dining room is very dark but it doesnt feel romantic. There is one giant main seating area with two smaller private sections for groups in the back of the restaurant. The lack of partitions of any kind mean the noise level is fairly loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatGos8ntsDined on 9/5/2014The staff at Ruths' Chris in Baton Rouge would have to go out of their way just to try and give you bad service. It is always a joy to dine there. My wife and I have never had a bad experience. Brian was an excellent waiter. The steak is always perfect. They go out of their way to ensure you are treated well and dine in a fine manner. That's why it is our favoriteSpecial Features:
- Best Executive luch in townSmarttoddyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Best steak in Baton Rouge. For $25 you get a 6oz filet, salad, vegetable and cold drink and excellent service. You can be in and out in a short time if needed or linger and have a relaxing lunch.Special Features:
- Excited to Dine HereAnnKVIPDined on 8/30/2014It's always a treat to dine at Chris'. The food is wonderful and the wait staff is perfect. The manager always checks in with us to see that everything was perfect. He is fantastic. We always are made to feel so special when we dine there.Special Features:
- Great PlaceTodiefotDined on 8/29/2014This is a place I have gone to many time and each time I can not wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dress codeGLluv2enjoygreatfoodDined on 8/28/2014I love going to Ruth Chris and although the food and service was great I do have a complaint about the dress code. For one there doesn't seem to be one. It would be nice to see people (men) at the very least not wearing their shirt tails out, also not to see men wearing ragged out jeans. It seems to me that some people think that if your paying for an expensive meal you have the right to dress and wear what ever one wants. I am not one of those people and it offends me to see someone dress like crap while I'm eating. This is a high end restaurant and they need to have a dress code in place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak....anywhereSmarttoddyVIPDined on 8/27/2014and they have a $25 lunch special that includes a a 6oz filet (or salmon), salad or wedge, vegetable and drink ( non alcohol) Service is best in town as well.Special Features:
- PersonableDineSeekerDined on 8/22/2014The staff really made me feel as if my dining experience was the most important. Everything was great. I loved Ruth's salad with the cracked pepper. It was delicious and the steak was perfectly cooked. The string beans were well seasoned. I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksRandyDined on 8/16/2014Dined at Ruth's Chris with some friends. As usual, the service was outstanding and the food was superb. I had the ribeye as I always do. It tasted great. Everyone else was very pleased with their food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SROFBRSROFBRDined on 8/16/2014As always a wonderful meal . Our Water Jessie was outstanding . STEAKS are outstanding !Special Features:
- Another Outstanding EveningJeffDined on 8/15/2014As usual my wife and I enjoyed an outstanding evening at Ruth Chris' in Baton Rouge. I say outstanding evening because saying outstanding dinner would not be near enough to describe the wonderful evening. The food, the wine, the service and the ambience were perfect for the celebration of our 17th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Excellant food and servicelovebirds48Dined on 8/13/2014We celebrated our 48 wedding anniversary and the restaurant topped our expectations! Service was wonderful and the food beyond compare!Special Features:
- ClassicYummygoodnessDined on 8/9/2014Ruth Chris' is a staple. Wonderful staff & exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSemjazaDined on 7/26/2014A solid steak house. Great food and good service. Not very intimate - a bit loud and bright for a romantic dinner, but very good food.Special Features:
- Always deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2014Ruth's Chris is not only the BEST place around to get a great steak, the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!!Jimmy774Dined on 7/26/2014As always our dinner was superb. Everything from the lobster bisque and seared ahi apps to my perfectly med-rare t-bone, and the stuffed chicken was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris...a MUST!HappilyWedDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I dined at Ruth's Chris for our 24th wedding anniversary. The entire experience was a pleasure! Our server provided excellent, personalized service. The food was perfectly prepared! The staff at Ruth's Chris made the evening memorable for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSdelightfulDined on 7/5/2014ONE CONSISTENTLY GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE IN BATON ROUGE. I'VE BEEN DINING HERE SINCE 1982.Special Features:
- At your serviceServiceiskeyDined on 6/26/2014Service was as exceptional as the food was. It was nice to be greeted by name and have all of the staff aware of the occasion we were celebrating w/o having to say a word beyond the note attached to my reservation. Our food was served within a reasonable amount of time and arrived at our table sizzling hot. My steak was cooked more than I'd prefer, and though I said it was fine, Margeaux insisted that she have another prepared for me. To top off the ocassion, Margeaux delivered a complimentary cheesecake custom designed with a message that read, "Congrats on your book deal!". My friend had never had such a great dinning expierience in her life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 169 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baton Rouge reviews archive.
- if you like steak and salmonSmarttoddyVIPDined on 6/12/2014Ruths Chris has a great lunch special. A 6oz fillet or a nince size piece of salmon, a salad and vegetablw for $25. Best lunch deal in townSpecial Features:
- ServItUpDined on 6/11/2014This was the first time we had been to Ruth Chris. We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff at Ruth's made it very memorable, great food, outstanding service, the best waiter named Shaun. They made my wife and I feel like we were the most important people there. We are definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for any occasionBikinrandyDined on 6/6/2014Had or 33 anniversary there. It was outstanding. Our waiter Jesse was on que the entire time we were there. He was spot on with suggestions. Very dedicated to making sure we enjoyed our time spent there. Did I mention time. Oh it was great not being herded in fed and ticketed. We got to enjoy every bite and have meaningful conversation. And the food ho ho. Let's say they are number 1 in my book. I have dined all over the world. This experience with my wife was awesome. Ruth Chris don't change a thing. You'll have it all great food and a great great staff. It is obvious to me you care about me your customer. Thanks for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on pointTricie70816VIPDined on 5/31/2014We dine here pretty often, so yes we are regulars. When I made the reservation on Open Table I did not mention it was my husband's birthday the next day. After dinner, we ordered dessert, which we only do sometimes. Well when our waiter Sean brought out my husband's dessert, there was Happy Birthday written on the plate. Sean said, "Happy birthday man, I know it's close." Wow! This is why we keep coming back! TricieSpecial Features:
- Always PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Bar area dining never disappoints. We are frequent diners and no matter if it is couples or girls night, it is always perfect! The wait staff is phenomenal and cater to your every want or need. Cant say enough about this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love steakSmarttoddyVIPDined on 5/16/2014I go here for lunch because you can have a 6 oz. filet with salad and a beverage (non alcoholic) for less than $25. That's a deal. Steaks are cooked to perfection, service is quick and friendly.Special Features:
- Mother's Day meal for a fatherCharliepDined on 5/11/2014I have eaten in most of the great steakhouses in America over 40 plus years of business travel. I have taken clients to restaurants that have been superb and many that were disappointing. Most feature prime steaks and lobster, but the steaks are the featured item that brings me into the restaurant. I have eaten in many Ruth Chris and as a whole are very good. I am of the opinion that the Baton Rouge location may very well be the best location of Ruth Chris in the country. I do know the service is beyond reproach, the choices are multiple and the steak I ate on Mother's Day was the best steak I've ever eaten anywhere. I would recommend the Baton Rouge Ruth Chris location to all lovers of great food and superior service anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful mealkeenesmomVIPDined on 5/11/2014We dined at Ruth's Chris for Mother's Day and once again had a wonderful meal. As an appetizer, I highly recommend the Seared Ahi Tuna as it has a sauce like no other here in Baton Rouge. My petite filet was cooked to perfection, the sides plentiful and tasty and the Crème Brulee was delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Steakdarloo777Dined on 5/10/2014Anytime my husband and I are craving Steak, Ruth Chris Steakhouse in Baton Rouge, is the Only restaurant that comes to mind. The taste is always superb and it Always comes out at the perfect temp. The service is great. It's an experience, not just a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment!RegiDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I absolutely love this restaurant. We have been going here for years. The service and food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service Said it AllForjayDined on 5/7/2014We visited the Baton Rouge location for the first time and the service was outstanding. Our waiters, Michael & Jesse, were engaging, responsive to all of our needs, and focused on making our dining experience enjoyable. I have been to over 12 Ruth's Chris Steakhouses in the US and the Baton Rouge location is at the top of my list.Special Features:
- "The" Place to Go...LisaDined on 5/5/2014Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is absolutely mouthwatering...Special Features: