Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
600 Water Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-waterst.com/
- Phone: (410) 783-0033
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Mary Tirabassi Callan - 410.783.0033
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (51)notable wine list (29)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Ruth's for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The steaks were moist and delicious. Decorations are tasteful and unimpeding. We had a server in training; but he was very well versed in the menu and history of Ruth's Chris. Food was hot and didn't take long. Def will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner!NekoJVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had an amazing experience on Saturday night. The ambience was was great, with tables spaced appropriately apart and not crowded together. The service was extremely attentive without being overbearing. And the food was excellent and plentiful. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great place for special occasions.mrphoxxDined on 11/7/2014took my girlfriend here for her birthday and she loved it. They even spreaded rose pedals on our table which was so romantic. I was about 20 minutes late to the reservation but after a phone call, they happily pushed back my reserve time. I felt very bad for being late but the receptionist made me feel really welcome when we arrived. The food was out of the world. Our waiter Joshua did an acceptional job with his service including walking us the menu. He talked to us about the restaurant history since this was out first time dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheBestDined on 11/3/2014The service from Scot M. was the best. He knows when to be at the table and when you want to be left to your conversation. The food is always top notch and very consistent. From the appetizers to the Bananas Foster, we were nothing but impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in the middleDeidreEatDined on 11/1/2014The waiter was not informative enough. Chicken over cooked could have been the hot plate.asparagus with hollandaise was horrible.. The service could have been better. We ate at the eastern ave location. Because we wanted to be in the city.We usually eat at the Pikesville location .The service there is impeccable .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Molly was a fabulous server, very accommodating and attentive. We were celebrating our daughter's birthday, everyone had a lovely time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We drove from out of town to specially eat here. Sonya was our waitress and she was amazing. Hands down the best steaks we have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service Ever!!!TwintypeDined on 10/24/2014We (six in our party) patronized your restaurant for my husband's birthday. The food was as expected! But this time around what made the whole experience so outstanding was our server, Monika. She was clearly VERY busy; she had a whole section of tables she was taking care of and each one seemed pretty demanding. But she handled everyone and especially our party with such grace and charm. A pet peeve of mine has always been servers who are too formal, almost unapproachable in upscale restaurants. But Monika had that beautiful combination of skill and personality that made our dining experience so unique. I hope we are able to have her as our server every time. THANK YOU, Monika, because of you our experience was really out of this world!Special Features:
- Womderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014The five course meal with wine was well prepared and delicious! The only recommendation would be that the meal begin around 5pm and more time allowed between courses. It was alot to digest, the body requires time to process a five course meal. Tim did a wonderful job explaining the wines from the different regions of France and made everyone welcome. Everyone I was with enjoyed the atmosphere and conversation....Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinnerMookDined on 10/18/2014As expected the food was very delicious, the service was excellent, and it was a memorable evening. Also as expected, the bill was pretty high, but we planned to splurge for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- davistlrnDined on 10/17/2014This was my first time at Ruth's Chris & it was amazing. Every dish that came to the table was cooked to perfection! My waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and made several great suggestions to my party & me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We've dined here on numerous occasions. Our recent experience was very disappointing. We were seated on the first floor and there was a lot of activity around us, including the waiter making a special dish table side for another table and I don't think he realized it, but he was positioned right on top of our table. Our waiter was spread way too thin and could not give us the attention we expected and had realized from previous dining experiences. I had to take the check to the reception area to get the bill processed as our server was tied up way too long in another area of the restaurant. We had an issue with the bill that was handled satisfactorily, but I was disappointed in the waiters abrasive attitude regarding the discrepancy.Special Features:
- Solicitous-too muchmarathon4Dined on 10/17/2014Six, count rgem-6 different people interrupted dinner to ask how were things? All were polite, but really!
- Great food and Great service!MFitzDined on 10/4/2014My friends and I went to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Baltimore and reserved through OpenTable this past weekend to celebrate my birthday. There were 9 of us. The servers were very professional and polite. They attended to all that we needed and even after one of my friends was not satisfied with the way the steak was cooked (medium well/medium), they worked it out with her to her satisfaction. It was amazing! I will definitely recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:
- Above expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Ruth's Chris staff and management were amazing. My wife and I were there for our 10th Anniversary, and everyone was very kind. We received a personal thanks from the manager for choosing to celebrate with them, and rose petals were on the table for us. They even provided a free piece of chocolate cake for us to indulge (and that we did!). Will eat there again for special occasions, but only because I have difficulty spending that much on a regular basis. The value of food was amazing though, no complaints about the price!Special Features:
- Parents Weekend loyola UniversityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Not a place you want to walk to as there are some strip clubs on the corner with a seedy crowd roaming about definitely cab it. as far as the food its a typical steakhouse for the price range. service was par but not great, yet the staff was pleasant, the steakhouse was not so busy the service should have been better.Special Features:
- Misfit roomMeatball22Dined on 9/27/2014Put us in a cold room all alone away from everything and all other diners which was weird. Forgot appetizer and bread. No one came with menus for a good 5 minutes. We felt like outcasts. The food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday ruinedDandaman457Dined on 9/19/2014Food was up to par, but service was miles away from the last time we were there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent food, service environment, enjoyed the anniversary wish on the cake plate.Special Features:
- AzamVIPDined on 9/11/2014As always dinner was spectacular. Ruth's Chris has it down pat. Really liked Scott C. who waited on us. Very attentive without overwheming. Great place to bring guests.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The food here was fantastic and worth the expensive price. Service was excellent and it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Best Steak in BaltimoreSlimDined on 9/6/2014We have been here may times, and I think it is the best steak in Baltimore. The only issue is that it is a bit expensive. We would go here more frequently if the cost was not $250.00 plus a outing.Special Features:
- AzamVIPDined on 9/3/2014Dinner was wonderful as always. Daniel, Maitre D' was very gracious and Danny our server was excellent. Ruth's Chris is always a hit with us!Special Features:
- GREAT Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014As always, great steak at Ruth's Chris! No surprises, a great meal at a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Our wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We got to the table at 530 and paul our waiter was exceptional and was very helpful because it was our first time there I will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNuck321Dined on 8/10/2014AS always the service and food were great. The restaurant was clean and did I mention the service was great!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnermtileyDined on 8/9/2014We had an a great time everything was perfect! This was my birthday dinner and first time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued DisappointmentDowntownJonVIPDined on 8/9/2014My friends rave about Ruth's Chris so every once in awhile I give them another try (different locations). The downtown Baltimore location is worn and tired. This place looks like a bad dream from the 1980s. Corporate should give this place a review and a through cleaning. I've had very bad luck with meals at Ruth's. The food was much better here than previous dinings, but it was nothing to write home about. (My wife had the salmon and loved it. ) There's not an inventive selection on the menu. The steaks come covered on a sizzling platter like a slab of grease has been applied. I don't understand that experience at all. No issues withe the service which was very attentive.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Possibly the best meal I have ever had. And I have been around. everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Nice jobAlexDined on 8/8/2014We frequent the steak house in Baltimore about a dozen times a year. This was an excellent visit and the 6 oz steak that we got with the Restaurant Week promo was awesome. Service was good although we almost got charged for the included dessert. Otherwise, we will be back for a non - promo visit because the food and service is always top nothc.Special Features:
- Always have great, quality food!!!!ReLaneDined on 8/8/2014The meal was excellent( I had halibut, my mother had filet). Crab cake was the best I've ever had. Everything was perfection. The service, our waitor, all the food and dessert. Worth every dime.Special Features:
- A Pleasant ExperienceMrsCGDined on 8/7/2014We took our 84 year old neighbor because she loves steaks and had never been to Ruth's Chris. She was so happy and thoroughly enjoyed her.first visit. We all had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Sweet Potato heavenJro4shoDined on 8/5/2014Their sweet potato casserole is absolutely amazing! Their steak is delicious and juicy!Special Features:
- TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014It doesn't have to be a special occasion; Ruth's Chris makes every time special. Looking at the dark wood and the chandeliers is such a wonderful way to spend the time it takes to be served. There is no doubt the staff wants your experience to be perfect. They never hover, but they observe. The waiters are knowledgable about the background of the restaurant. When we mentioned how much we were impressed by our first waiter, years ago. this one knew his name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealWeaveDined on 8/4/2014First time to a Ruth's Chris. The food was wonderful. The only down side was the conversation at the next table was a bit loud and colorful. This took a little away from the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingYoungloveDined on 8/2/2014Food is amazing service was ok. The server was rushed and had a lot of tables so the restaurant should have handled that but it was great and our server was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMikeDined on 8/1/2014Outstanding food and service. Often during Restaurant Week we are disappointed with the quality of the food; however, we had an awesome experience on Friday evening.Special Features:
- excellent serviceluckyDined on 8/1/2014Dennis was geeat. Checked on us offered dessert and made recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it.AwfulDined on 8/1/2014If anyone knows how to make great steaks, it's Ruth's Chris. Perfection everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and sidesGolfdelgenDined on 7/30/2014Our meals were excellent but the service was a little off because they were understaffed for the evening. Having said that, the staff was very courteous and friendly.Special Features: