Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
600 Water Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-waterst.com/
- Phone: (410) 783-0033
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Mary Tirabassi Callan - 410.783.0033
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)romantic (52)notable wine list (30)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Ruths BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014Having been to over 12 Ruths locations I always find myself back at Water Street Baltimore for the best of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasurable experienceCshepDined on 2/28/2014My husband and I dined here to celebrate our anniversary. This was my first time here and it was a very pleasurable dinning experience. It was not too crowded for a Friday night which added to the secluded feel even though there were others seated near us. The staff was very attentive and we a couple different managers stop by to inquire about our meal and if it was to our liking. Everything was prepared as we ordered. The lobster was probably the best I've had and my husband was raving about the T-bone he had. The sweet potato casserole is a must. We were told some get it as dessert with vanilla ice cream added. Our overall experience was on par with what's expected from a higher end restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My son chose your restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/24/2014My son chose your restaurant to celebrate his 21st Birthday. I drove in from NY and I have to say it was very much worth the trip. The entire staff was very friendly and professional, but making us feel welcome at the same time. Service is so important as well as the food, I couldn't decide which was better. Thank you for making the night special for usSpecial Features:
- birthdayseattleDined on 2/23/2014We went here during restaurant week for my boyfriend's birthday. It's the best steak we've ever had. And for $30 a person for a three course meal during restaurant week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014waitress really didn't show us the hospitality like the Ruth's in Tyson's Corner or the one in Crystal CitySpecial Features:
- Wonderful 1st experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014I've always wanted to dine at Ruth Chris. I had the opportunity to experience it during restaurant week. The 6oz petite filet was amazingly tender & flavorful, as well as the sautéed mushrooms. The regular menu price point is prohibitive for me unless it's a special occasion, but I look forward to dinner there again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations are meaninglessTooSaxyVIPDined on 2/22/2014My low marks for service do not reflect the waiter's performance, rather for the extremely long wait to be seater. We had reservations for 9pm and arrived at about 8:50. The hostess informed us that we will be seated closer to 9pm because they are a little behind; not a problem. At 9:10 I inquired about our reservation. The hostess had no idea how long the wait would be with another 8 parties to be seated before us. After another 15 minutes I followed up about our reservation. We were to be next. Yet another couple was seated before us. If we are not next, don't tell us we are next in line. We were finally seated shortly after 9:30. We will not remember how good the filet mignon was rather how long we had to wait to be seated.
- Not a Good Experiencewinofoodie1231VIPDined on 2/22/2014Perhaps we should have known better than to go here during restaurant week, but since we have been to other restaurants during this time without any problems, we figured this would be similar. Unfortunately it was not. We had a reservation for 8:15p.m. and did not get seated until 9:00p.m. When we finally did get seated, our seafood gumbo had no seafood and when my boyfriend mentioned there was no shrimp in his, the server brought him a lukewarm cup of shrimp and told him to add it to the soup. We both ordered the filet minion cooked medium - they looked completely different and both were more well, but based on the shrimp experience did not think it was worth it to send it back. For a $100 meal, it was extremely disappointing overall.
- My experience at Ruth's ChrisbjfoodieDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I made reservation for 7. When we arrived the restaurant was packed(resLouisiana week), expected. It took them about 15 mins to seat us. We were seated upstairs and told our waiter will be right with us. It wasn't long to before our waiter greeted us and took our order. We were served our first course, which was the steak house salad and lousiana gumbo. Second course, pork chop, stuffed chicken breast, and a fully loaded baked potatoe. Third course, was the sin full chocolate and New York cheese cake. Everything was great and service was outstanding. My husband and I will be sure to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week 2014Finedine14Dined on 2/22/2014I enjoy the salad and entree choices they offer for restaurant week but am always disappointed with the dessert. The cheesecake is chintzy and sort of blah tasting. I expect more from them.Special Features:
- Melt in your mouth steak.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014The atmosphere and food are well worth a special treat. More often if you can afford too.Special Features:
- WonderfulmlauppDined on 2/22/2014I went with a group of 10 women this past Saturday evening and it was wonderful. I had never been to a Ruth's Chris steakhouse before. I will be going back, maybe on a date night with hubbie :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticKayKayDined on 2/22/2014I've been to a few Ruth Chris' thoughout the US and this one is by far the best one. The decor to the welcoming atmosphere you get when you walk in lets you know you made the right choice. Glad I was able to treat family to a delicious meal.Special Features:
- great experienceluluDined on 2/22/2014WE WENT FOR MY SON'S BIRTHDAY DURING RESTAURANT WEEK AND HAD THE BEST TIME. Awesome service, upscale ambience and delicious food. Don't forget to order some sides for sharing. They're fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a pricey meal, but mostBaltimoreLoverDined on 2/21/2014It's a pricey meal, but most definitely worth it for a special occasion. They have amazing service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall the restaurant wasHalloweenDined on 2/21/2014Overall the restaurant was nice. Once we captured their attention, the bartenders were great. The waiter was excellent. The only negative observation that I have is that it was very obvious that the hostess and security staff pre-judged certain individuals of African American descent. I eat out a lot (moderate and fining dinning). “ ................. I can’t say that we were actually welcomed in the place.” When we attempted to go into the Havana Club, the security staff looked for the smallest thing to stop us from going into the club. No problem, their lost !!!!!!! ( By the way, I consider myself a true professional in everything that I do, therefore, there was no reason to pre-judge me because of what I represent.)Special Features:
- We dined here for restaurantCustomerDined on 2/21/2014We dined here for restaurant week. The food and everything was excellent except I was disappointed to see that their entree only consisted of a 6oz steak. It would have been nice if they included a side of potatoes, vegitables or something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRST TIMER!DOUBLEDESERTDined on 2/21/2014the food was amazing, the atmosphere was impressive, our waiter was most knowledgeable, and very personable. one of the best experiences i have had had in a long time. He made us feel very comfortable. The establishment was very clean, and extremely friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014This is an accomplished restaurant. Very capable staff, quality food and a pleasant ambience made for an enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:
- I sent the steak backwawuDined on 2/21/2014My rib eye steak has too much fat. this was discussed with server that I don't like fatty steaks. they took it back and sent me a strip steak that was very good. it took entirely too long for second steak. the manager was very nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was PerfectEricDined on 2/21/2014Everything was perfect from the food to the service.Special Features:
- Disappoint Bday dinnerdddkirkVIPDined on 2/20/2014My husband and I each ordered salads, only one was delivered. We flagged down a nearby waiter after waiting over 5 minutes to request the second salad and then we waited a total of 15 mins for it to be delivered. Our waiter did not appear to check on us during this time, we had to flag other staff. My husband and I also decided to split the 16oz T bone veal chop. At other RC restaurants, the waiter would offer to divide the entre to two at table side for us. Instead the entre was delivered rare, not med-well as requested, one plate and no waiter until 10 minutes after delivery. We decided to eat the meal as is since returning it would disrupt our guests meals with another delay. We were very disappointed
- Signature drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014This was my first time at this up-scale restaurant. I did not know what to expect. My party of four was greeted with a friendly staff from beginning to end, starting with the vale parking to our waiter. Matt was very knowledgeable about the history, menu and the wine list. It made our ordering very easy. He checked on us to make sure that we were comfortable and that the meal was good. The Pork chops was excellent, also the salmon and cream spinach. The Dirty CEO was one of the best martini's I every had. Now I am making that my signature drink. I will return to have my Dirty CEO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt in your mouthKDelishDined on 2/20/2014The steak and broiled tomato simply melt in your mouth. AMAZING! We had excellent service, even the manager stopped at our table to see how the meal was going for us. It's pricier than I typically can afford for dinner, but it's a steal and a must-go for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeBdubDined on 2/19/2014My first time at this restaurant. The food is incredible. The restaurant week deals really make it worth; I wouldn't be able to afford eating here otherwise.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experienceGreatDined on 2/19/2014Our party of 4 recently dined here to celebrate a birthday. There was bit of a wait but that was expected due to it being restaurant week. However, we were immediately acknowledged and the wait was explained satisfactorily. Once we were seated, the menu was explained to us and our drink orders were taken. The food was excellent, one of if not the best steak I've ever eaten. This place is wonderful and we will definitely visit Ruth Chris again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations MetRickeyDined on 2/19/2014My most recent experience at Ruth's Chris was just as fantastic as every experience I have. The service and ambiance are as fantastic as the quality of the food. The manager made a personal visit to our table, and was very sincere in his demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth ExperienxeKuraDined on 2/18/2014Have been to the other Ruth Chris around the city and this one was by far the most elegant. Food wait was a little long considering the restaurant wasn't that packed for a Tuesday night, but service was great and food exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Value... for restaurant weekMikeofBaltimoreDined on 2/17/2014Got the filet, seafood gumbo, and cheesecake All excellent; ordered medium well, but it was more on the medium sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!firstodineDined on 2/17/2014Although I had a reservation, I still had to wait about 10 to 15 minutes to be seated, but it was worth the wait. The waiters were excellent, the food was excellent. Although the mixed drink was not as strong as I would like, for the price, the overall experience was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very bad experienceNickDined on 2/16/2014I went to another location before just weeks before, there I was blown away by service, ambiance, class and how spectacular my meal was. I made my reservation for the Water Street location, expecting the same. I did not recieve the same. My waitor was classless, the server's spilled water on our table cloth, on my self and on my family member twice (he did not replace the soaked table cloth nor accomadate us with fresh napkins) The food did not sizzle when it came out and nor was it even hot. A family member of mine ordered a beer, not only did he not pour his beer into a glass for him, he took his glass before he could pour it himself. Crumbs were never swept. It was a mediocre experienceand not worth going back.
- My gumbo was cold and so wereNellyDined on 2/16/2014My gumbo was cold and so were my side of potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayAnnabelle663Dined on 2/16/2014There was 4 of us that went during restaurant week, as we always do. I got the salmon, which was dry, and had no flavor. I got it 2 years ago, and it was great. My husband got the steak, which was good but rarer than what he asked for it to be. Our friends got the stuffed chicken breast which was excellent. The service was outstanding. Always refilling our glasses, or asking if we needed anything. It was overall a good experience, but we will try a different restaurant next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCarlaDined on 2/16/2014I had heard so many good things abour Ruth Chris, so my husband and I decided to go during Restaurant Week, because we understood its a bit pricey. Well, we both were disappointed. I checked everywhere on line first to see what was included on the special and couldnt find it. The sides were not included which costs us an extra $19.00. Ridiculous. The food was so-so, bread was dry...our waiter kept forgetting to get us things we asked for....this was nothing to rave about and the portions were equivalent to a kids meal. Small, dry chicken breast and small salmon. Im sorry, I just know what all the talk is about. Our meal ended up being over $100. We will not be back.
- FoodExpensivepoorserviceDined on 2/16/2014This was during restaurant week usually we attend the Ruth's Chris in Annapolis. Much better service and food in Annapolis Ordered a lobster tail with the steak. When the the meal arrived it had the lemon on the plate. My steak ended up tasting like lemon. The waitress always reached across or over your food. NEVER said excuse me while preventing us from eating our food. I felt like we bothered her at her job. During Restaurant week in Annapolis one side order was always included. Not here. For a meal that cost over 160 for two people I will not return.
- special occasion dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2014I had forgotten how much more ambiance this Ruth Chris has. Beautiful interior, attentive service and the normal good food one expects here added up to a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointed with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2014Always a wonderful dining experience at Ruth Chris....have recommended to so many people to go there for the best steaks !! Going back next weekend for my husband's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Disapointed that there's a $19 charge extra for a diner for valentines day I eat at Ruth Chris several times a year from baltimore to Philadelphia Charlotte pikesville Orlando Coral Gables
- Great for special occasionsfoodieDined on 2/15/2014Simple menu with excellent execution. Steak was cooked propeely; friendly and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Insanely overpriced for what it isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2014We will not eat here again. We ordered calamari & oysters apps, & both came barely warm. Waiter apologized & ordered again. Calamari was piping hot, but oysters were just OK. Both ordered filet mignon, & they were superb. We asked for meat to be cooked medium rare plus, but they were medium rare minus at best. For steaks that cost $63ea from a place that specializes in beef, meat that is not cooked properly is inexcusable. With 2 apps, 6 drinks, 2 filet mignons, 1 coffee and 1 dessert, bill came to $250. If meat/apps had been perfect, no prob. Steak was worth $30, max. For a $250 meal, serving lukewarm apps that had been sitting on warming shelf is outrageous. Our waiter, Bernard, was terrific. He was not a wait staff drone and was fun.Special Features: