Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
600 Water Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-waterst.com/
- Phone: 4107830033x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Lynette Haynie 410.783.0033
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (57)notable wine list (34)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We got to the table at 530 and paul our waiter was exceptional and was very helpful because it was our first time there I will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNuck321Dined on 8/10/2014AS always the service and food were great. The restaurant was clean and did I mention the service was great!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnermtileyDined on 8/9/2014We had an a great time everything was perfect! This was my birthday dinner and first time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued DisappointmentDowntownJonVIPDined on 8/9/2014My friends rave about Ruth's Chris so every once in awhile I give them another try (different locations). The downtown Baltimore location is worn and tired. This place looks like a bad dream from the 1980s. Corporate should give this place a review and a through cleaning. I've had very bad luck with meals at Ruth's. The food was much better here than previous dinings, but it was nothing to write home about. (My wife had the salmon and loved it. ) There's not an inventive selection on the menu. The steaks come covered on a sizzling platter like a slab of grease has been applied. I don't understand that experience at all. No issues withe the service which was very attentive.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Possibly the best meal I have ever had. And I have been around. everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Nice jobAlexDined on 8/8/2014We frequent the steak house in Baltimore about a dozen times a year. This was an excellent visit and the 6 oz steak that we got with the Restaurant Week promo was awesome. Service was good although we almost got charged for the included dessert. Otherwise, we will be back for a non - promo visit because the food and service is always top nothc.Special Features:
- Always have great, quality food!!!!ReLaneDined on 8/8/2014The meal was excellent( I had halibut, my mother had filet). Crab cake was the best I've ever had. Everything was perfection. The service, our waitor, all the food and dessert. Worth every dime.Special Features:
- A Pleasant ExperienceMrsCGDined on 8/7/2014We took our 84 year old neighbor because she loves steaks and had never been to Ruth's Chris. She was so happy and thoroughly enjoyed her.first visit. We all had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Sweet Potato heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Their sweet potato casserole is absolutely amazing! Their steak is delicious and juicy!Special Features:
- TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014It doesn't have to be a special occasion; Ruth's Chris makes every time special. Looking at the dark wood and the chandeliers is such a wonderful way to spend the time it takes to be served. There is no doubt the staff wants your experience to be perfect. They never hover, but they observe. The waiters are knowledgable about the background of the restaurant. When we mentioned how much we were impressed by our first waiter, years ago. this one knew his name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealWeaveDined on 8/4/2014First time to a Ruth's Chris. The food was wonderful. The only down side was the conversation at the next table was a bit loud and colorful. This took a little away from the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingYoungloveDined on 8/2/2014Food is amazing service was ok. The server was rushed and had a lot of tables so the restaurant should have handled that but it was great and our server was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMikeDined on 8/1/2014Outstanding food and service. Often during Restaurant Week we are disappointed with the quality of the food; however, we had an awesome experience on Friday evening.Special Features:
- excellent serviceluckyDined on 8/1/2014Dennis was geeat. Checked on us offered dessert and made recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it.AwfulDined on 8/1/2014If anyone knows how to make great steaks, it's Ruth's Chris. Perfection everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and sidesGolfdelgenDined on 7/30/2014Our meals were excellent but the service was a little off because they were understaffed for the evening. Having said that, the staff was very courteous and friendly.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRussDined on 7/29/2014I had told the young lady who called to confirm our reservation that it was our anniversary and when we arrived we were greeted with well wishes for our celebration, the waiter wished us happy anniversary, there were rose petals on the table and a complimentary desert to share. Through out the evening the attentiveness of our server was just right, there when you needed him and always with a pleasant thought and helpful hints. It turned out to be one of our most remarkable evenings. The food was wonderful, as always, the service personable and friendly and the appreciation of our celebration made for the perfect evening.Special Features:
- Love, love, love this place........Esha777Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went ruth Chris for our anniversary and we loved it. Food was great, ambiance was great, and the staff was unbelievable. Everything about ruth Chris was great and I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS ALWAYS A DELIGHTHipmargeDined on 7/19/2014As always a delightful experience. From the beginning to the end it was perfect. The wait staff is impeccable, very friendly and helpful in suggestions for dinner. This is my go to restaurant for those who have never been. I am never disappointed in anything about a visit to Ruth's Chris. I must say that my favorite thing about Ruth's Chris next to the wonderful food is that you are never rushed and you can enjoy every morsel of food even to dessert.Special Features:
- Great meal & outstanding serviceJw79Dined on 7/18/2014We had table of eight and were well taken care of . Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- denismDined on 7/18/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. It is a classic steakhouse of the finest traditions. The woodwork and décor, the general ambiance, the very high standards of service and the superb steaks make this a fabulous occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentineDined on 7/12/2014The food and service was fantastic. Our server, Nicole was awesome. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodCapecodder66Dined on 7/3/2014As always, the steaks at Ruth's Chris hit the spot. Always delicious and cooked to order. Not an everyday dinner spot as it will sit you back a few dollars, but worth the every once in awhile get awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- living up to its reputationsteakloverDined on 6/27/2014Ruth Chris is quite possibly the greatest food and service combination I have ever had. We went for our 10 year anniversary. The food was cooked perfectly. The timing of the service was impeccable. We truly felt special from the time we pulled up and the valet parking,to the time we left and were greeted by the manager. It was worth every penny, and definitely lived up to its reputation.Special Features:
- Best Ruth Chris ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014I have had the opportunity to visit other locations over the years and this Ruth Chris is the best ever!! It began with a welcome that made you feel expected like one of the family. Mark was our server and he was professional yet personable. The food was fantastic and with that said the chef stopped by to make sure we enjoyed the meal. To finally the manager who made sure the experience was flawless. Overall this location should be the standard that others should try and learn from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TypicalFalconVIPDined on 6/18/2014Typical Ruth Chris nothing special. No parking so must use valet. Restaurant needs refurb.
- consistently excellentdavidVIPDined on 6/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed a birthday dinner. We were greeted warmly, promptly escorted to a romantic table and received excellent service throughout the evening. The food at Ruth's Chris is always tasty, served hot and aesthetically presented. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- Awesome PlaceIluvlucyDined on 6/13/2014The hostess was very understanding that we were late and she held our reservation for us. The staff was very polite. Gregg our server was awesome. He was very knowledgable about the wine. Excellent choice on the wine Gregg, thanks. The food was perfect. The steaks were cooked the way we ordered and served at just the right time, which allowed us to enjoy the wine. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and family. Thank you for a great dinning experience. We are already talking about going back. A little pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a BirthdayJoshHundleyDined on 6/11/2014This place is a good one stop shop for popular delicate treats. The grill and the steak are their tent pole. They bring in blue points, and the bbq shrimp was delicious, if not a dollar or tow extra. We had the Parduxx blend. It was pretty fantastic. The banana foster is delicious and the table side preparation has quite the dramatic flare.Special Features:
- Great place for a special gatheringDPopeDined on 6/5/2014We had a quasi-business meeting among family and our financial advisor. Great petite filet, wine selection & ambiance. Service was prompt and discreet. Terrific location! Would not go there for a date, but for a nice social gathering, it works.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014food was very tasty, but service was slow when we wanted another bottle of wine with meal. the bottle didnt come until the end of the meal, so we sent it back and got after dinner drinks instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014While a bit on the pricey side, the food was amazing ~ from the oysters to salads to the yummy sides and ribeye steak that was cooked to perfection! Lovely for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014I have eaten at Ruths Chris many times. I have never had a bad meal or bad service. I will always go back when I want a great steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedVIPDined on 5/16/2014We had a truly great meal. We had come the night before and had a great time so we came back again on Friday. THe food is outstanding and the service was first class -- Steve Hill gets our vote every time.Special Features:
- My favoriteRuthsChrisFanDined on 5/11/2014There is nothing like a Ruth's Chris Steak--but this time, we tried the stuffed roast chicken. It was very flavorful and tasty. It was Mother's day and my wife was given roses and a $25.00 gift certificate for a future visit. Excellent bartender Leander served us prior to our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than MostWorldtasterDined on 5/1/2014All are not created equal, this spot at the Harbor location is proof. Bar is active but not crazy load. Excellent service and for whatever reason, much better execution on the food selections. Much better overall than the Water Street location, but is a bit more modern in design. Steaks are always star here, love matching up a medium rare rib eye with some truffle fries for the best Steak Frites in BMore. They are here to please, so just ask, they are very helpful.Special Features:
- A wine tastingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/1/2014Attended a wine tasting dinner. The chef was able to prepare creative dishes that are not on the menu. Wonderful! The setting was intimate and the general manager was integral in the success of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendyrDined on 4/29/2014Scott was a remarkable server. It was my boyfriends birthday dinner. Scott catered to my daughter. Very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1012 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore reviews archive.
- Reliably good foodFoodlover21210Dined on 4/26/2014Except for a slightly disappointing bananas foster, we had another great meal at Ruth's Chris. Great service. Delicious steaks.Special Features:
- Another Great ExperienceMikePHXDined on 4/26/2014There's nothing quite like the feeling that you've come to a familiar place, even if it's your first time. Ruths Chris has managed to do just that. I always know that no matter where, I'm getting the best. We had our usual porterhouse for two, broccoli, potatoes, and a couple of drinks. All was done to perfection. The service was superb...attentive, but never invasive or rushed. The location is ok with valet parking. Inner harbor is not the place to look for parking so don't bother.Special Features: