Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
600 Water Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-waterst.com/
- Phone: 4107830033x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Mary Tirabassi Callan - 410.783.0033
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (52)notable wine list (30)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Womderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014The five course meal with wine was well prepared and delicious! The only recommendation would be that the meal begin around 5pm and more time allowed between courses. It was alot to digest, the body requires time to process a five course meal. Tim did a wonderful job explaining the wines from the different regions of France and made everyone welcome. Everyone I was with enjoyed the atmosphere and conversation....Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinnerMookDined on 10/18/2014As expected the food was very delicious, the service was excellent, and it was a memorable evening. Also as expected, the bill was pretty high, but we planned to splurge for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- davistlrnDined on 10/17/2014This was my first time at Ruth's Chris & it was amazing. Every dish that came to the table was cooked to perfection! My waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and made several great suggestions to my party & me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We've dined here on numerous occasions. Our recent experience was very disappointing. We were seated on the first floor and there was a lot of activity around us, including the waiter making a special dish table side for another table and I don't think he realized it, but he was positioned right on top of our table. Our waiter was spread way too thin and could not give us the attention we expected and had realized from previous dining experiences. I had to take the check to the reception area to get the bill processed as our server was tied up way too long in another area of the restaurant. We had an issue with the bill that was handled satisfactorily, but I was disappointed in the waiters abrasive attitude regarding the discrepancy.Special Features:
- Solicitous-too muchmarathon4Dined on 10/17/2014Six, count rgem-6 different people interrupted dinner to ask how were things? All were polite, but really!
- Great food and Great service!MFitzDined on 10/4/2014My friends and I went to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Baltimore and reserved through OpenTable this past weekend to celebrate my birthday. There were 9 of us. The servers were very professional and polite. They attended to all that we needed and even after one of my friends was not satisfied with the way the steak was cooked (medium well/medium), they worked it out with her to her satisfaction. It was amazing! I will definitely recommend this restaurant to all.Special Features:
- Above expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Ruth's Chris staff and management were amazing. My wife and I were there for our 10th Anniversary, and everyone was very kind. We received a personal thanks from the manager for choosing to celebrate with them, and rose petals were on the table for us. They even provided a free piece of chocolate cake for us to indulge (and that we did!). Will eat there again for special occasions, but only because I have difficulty spending that much on a regular basis. The value of food was amazing though, no complaints about the price!Special Features:
- Parents Weekend loyola UniversityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Not a place you want to walk to as there are some strip clubs on the corner with a seedy crowd roaming about definitely cab it. as far as the food its a typical steakhouse for the price range. service was par but not great, yet the staff was pleasant, the steakhouse was not so busy the service should have been better.Special Features:
- Misfit roomMeatball22Dined on 9/27/2014Put us in a cold room all alone away from everything and all other diners which was weird. Forgot appetizer and bread. No one came with menus for a good 5 minutes. We felt like outcasts. The food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday ruinedDandaman457Dined on 9/19/2014Food was up to par, but service was miles away from the last time we were there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent food, service environment, enjoyed the anniversary wish on the cake plate.Special Features:
- DissapointedVIPDined on 9/11/2014As always dinner was spectacular. Ruth's Chris has it down pat. Really liked Scott C. who waited on us. Very attentive without overwheming. Great place to bring guests.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The food here was fantastic and worth the expensive price. Service was excellent and it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Best Steak in BaltimoreSlimDined on 9/6/2014We have been here may times, and I think it is the best steak in Baltimore. The only issue is that it is a bit expensive. We would go here more frequently if the cost was not $250.00 plus a outing.Special Features:
- DissapointedVIPDined on 9/3/2014Dinner was wonderful as always. Daniel, Maitre D' was very gracious and Danny our server was excellent. Ruth's Chris is always a hit with us!Special Features:
- GREAT Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014As always, great steak at Ruth's Chris! No surprises, a great meal at a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Our wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We got to the table at 530 and paul our waiter was exceptional and was very helpful because it was our first time there I will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNuck321Dined on 8/10/2014AS always the service and food were great. The restaurant was clean and did I mention the service was great!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnermtileyDined on 8/9/2014We had an a great time everything was perfect! This was my birthday dinner and first time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continued DisappointmentDowntownJonVIPDined on 8/9/2014My friends rave about Ruth's Chris so every once in awhile I give them another try (different locations). The downtown Baltimore location is worn and tired. This place looks like a bad dream from the 1980s. Corporate should give this place a review and a through cleaning. I've had very bad luck with meals at Ruth's. The food was much better here than previous dinings, but it was nothing to write home about. (My wife had the salmon and loved it. ) There's not an inventive selection on the menu. The steaks come covered on a sizzling platter like a slab of grease has been applied. I don't understand that experience at all. No issues withe the service which was very attentive.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Possibly the best meal I have ever had. And I have been around. everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Nice jobAlexDined on 8/8/2014We frequent the steak house in Baltimore about a dozen times a year. This was an excellent visit and the 6 oz steak that we got with the Restaurant Week promo was awesome. Service was good although we almost got charged for the included dessert. Otherwise, we will be back for a non - promo visit because the food and service is always top nothc.Special Features:
- Always have great, quality food!!!!ReLaneDined on 8/8/2014The meal was excellent( I had halibut, my mother had filet). Crab cake was the best I've ever had. Everything was perfection. The service, our waitor, all the food and dessert. Worth every dime.Special Features:
- A Pleasant ExperienceMrsCGDined on 8/7/2014We took our 84 year old neighbor because she loves steaks and had never been to Ruth's Chris. She was so happy and thoroughly enjoyed her.first visit. We all had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Sweet Potato heavenJro4shoDined on 8/5/2014Their sweet potato casserole is absolutely amazing! Their steak is delicious and juicy!Special Features:
- TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014It doesn't have to be a special occasion; Ruth's Chris makes every time special. Looking at the dark wood and the chandeliers is such a wonderful way to spend the time it takes to be served. There is no doubt the staff wants your experience to be perfect. They never hover, but they observe. The waiters are knowledgable about the background of the restaurant. When we mentioned how much we were impressed by our first waiter, years ago. this one knew his name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealWeaveDined on 8/4/2014First time to a Ruth's Chris. The food was wonderful. The only down side was the conversation at the next table was a bit loud and colorful. This took a little away from the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingYoungloveDined on 8/2/2014Food is amazing service was ok. The server was rushed and had a lot of tables so the restaurant should have handled that but it was great and our server was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMikeDined on 8/1/2014Outstanding food and service. Often during Restaurant Week we are disappointed with the quality of the food; however, we had an awesome experience on Friday evening.Special Features:
- excellent serviceluckyDined on 8/1/2014Dennis was geeat. Checked on us offered dessert and made recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it.AwfulDined on 8/1/2014If anyone knows how to make great steaks, it's Ruth's Chris. Perfection everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and sidesGolfdelgenDined on 7/30/2014Our meals were excellent but the service was a little off because they were understaffed for the evening. Having said that, the staff was very courteous and friendly.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRussDined on 7/29/2014I had told the young lady who called to confirm our reservation that it was our anniversary and when we arrived we were greeted with well wishes for our celebration, the waiter wished us happy anniversary, there were rose petals on the table and a complimentary desert to share. Through out the evening the attentiveness of our server was just right, there when you needed him and always with a pleasant thought and helpful hints. It turned out to be one of our most remarkable evenings. The food was wonderful, as always, the service personable and friendly and the appreciation of our celebration made for the perfect evening.Special Features:
- Love, love, love this place........Esha777Dined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went ruth Chris for our anniversary and we loved it. Food was great, ambiance was great, and the staff was unbelievable. Everything about ruth Chris was great and I would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AS ALWAYS A DELIGHTHipmargeDined on 7/19/2014As always a delightful experience. From the beginning to the end it was perfect. The wait staff is impeccable, very friendly and helpful in suggestions for dinner. This is my go to restaurant for those who have never been. I am never disappointed in anything about a visit to Ruth's Chris. I must say that my favorite thing about Ruth's Chris next to the wonderful food is that you are never rushed and you can enjoy every morsel of food even to dessert.Special Features:
- Great meal & outstanding serviceJw79Dined on 7/18/2014We had table of eight and were well taken care of . Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- denismDined on 7/18/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. It is a classic steakhouse of the finest traditions. The woodwork and décor, the general ambiance, the very high standards of service and the superb steaks make this a fabulous occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentineDined on 7/12/2014The food and service was fantastic. Our server, Nicole was awesome. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAJGr8Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent service given by server. He ensured we had a smooth transitions from the dining room to the lounge. The food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodCapecodder66Dined on 7/3/2014As always, the steaks at Ruth's Chris hit the spot. Always delicious and cooked to order. Not an everyday dinner spot as it will sit you back a few dollars, but worth the every once in awhile get awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.