Ruth's Chris Steak House - Austin
107 W. 6th Street
The Scarborough Building
Austin, TX 78701Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Austin
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-austin.com/
- Phone: 5124777884
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge opens nightly at 4:30pm. Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Angel Lopez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer six private dining rooms, seating 8 to 100 people, that are suitable for any occasion. Whether it is a small private get-together or a large business banquet, you are sure to find a room suitable for your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Nida Sellers 8885604541
- Special Events: Join us on Wednesday, January 27th at 6:30 pm for a four course Stag's Leap Wine Dinner. $85 per person before tax & gratuity. Please call to reserve your spot today. Space is limited.
Valentine's Day reservations available. Seating from 3:00 pm.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Austin
Ruth's Chris Austin is hands down the finest steak house in the capital city. Whether you would like to host a private gathering, relax in our lounge, or treat yourself to the best steak around - Ruth's Chris has it all. Come on down and see for yourself why the Austin American Statesman awarded us "Best Steak in Austin."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Austin - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Austin reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (23)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (16)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014The bar was great. The dining room, too bright. It was also quite loud for an 8:30pm dinner reservation. Our steak was very good. So was the service. They even decorated our table, acknowledging our reason for celebrating and provided a free desert. Our broccoli wasn't cooked. Not a bad place, but Bob's and Perry's are better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakgarysVIPDined on 9/11/2014We have tried them all and Ruth's still offers the best piece of meat in AustinSpecial Features:
- GreatMRBubbaGreeneDined on 9/10/2014Incredible steak! Great service would recommend to anybody. Took special care of my Birthday. Incredible service. KudosSpecial Features:
- Fabulous In every wayHungrytravelerVIPDined on 9/4/2014An incredible meal with terrific service. One of the very best in recent memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steaksOldFoodieDined on 9/4/2014This remains the best traditional steakhouse in Austin. The excellent steaks still come on sizzling garlic butter plates. The music is urbane and people can actually carry on conversations. The service is first rate and always has been attentive and personal. Live music in the bar. The facility is in need of a refresh. Very, very expensive, as are most traditional steak houses. $224 before tip for three people, with one wine by the glass for two of them.Special Features:
- TexassusanDined on 8/31/2014We continue to enjoy this wonderful Austin restaurant! We have been customers since 1990 and always are impressed with the service and excellent food.Special Features:
- Delicious steaksanonymousDined on 8/30/2014Went there for date night, and enjoyed delicious steaks. Even going low-carb with just the Cowboy Ribeye, NY Steak, wedge salad and country mix salad was more than enough food! The server we had this time was just average, not superb as normal. Service was a little slow, especially since we had reservations at 5:30 and there weren't very many people in the dining area yet; however, the server was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in AustinBigtexashairVIPDined on 8/22/2014Super good food,generous drinks,the service is top notch.james was our waiter for the second time, and I will now exclusively ask to be one of his tables when we return. My favorite place to go for a steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Meal, Excellent ServiceFunkyFuturistVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was even better than I had remembered. We had the Pris Fixe filets, which for us were excellent choices. I started with a virgin Pina Colada, their fantastic concoction made with vanilla ice cream. Their fragrant fresh-baked bread was too good. Both were delicious, but filled me up. I did not have room for the best parts of the meal. My palate finds most restaurant food way too salty. I was absolutely thrilled, when our server Amber really listened and spoke with the chef. My filet arrived with herbs for seasoning and was perfectly cooked. I could have cut it with a fork. The creamed spinach was so delectable that I had trouble not finishing it. All in all, a wonderful meal with excellent service!Special Features:
- perfectionBigtexashairVIPDined on 8/8/2014My food was delicious, and the service was impeccable. For me, its Nicest overall fining experience in Austin so far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for an AnniversaryAWCKDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent as expected an so were the drinks. My wife loved the blueberry monitor, and my Manhattan was one of the best I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices upAdaman25VIPDined on 7/31/2014After many years of frequenting this establishment, we were overwhelmed by the rising of prices on the drinks and the dishes. They have managed to price it to the point that even the upper-middle class might be pushed away. I was not happy about it, to say the least. It will be a while before we go back.
- Awesomekannon19Dined on 7/30/2014Not a whole lot to say about this place, other than it's one of the best steak houses out there. I was only underwhelmed with a couple of the sides. The steak is tremendous.Special Features:
- ExcellentMarneyDined on 7/30/2014Took my dad here for his 79th Birthday. They had the table festively decorated when we arrived. Our server, Rachael, was attentive and wonderful. The steaks were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- OK512DrewDined on 7/15/2014Food is good but very rich. Restaurant is dated and seemed a bit depressing on the night we went. For the price I would rather go somewhere equally as good with a better ambiance.Special Features:
- Great steak as usualEverhuntDined on 7/10/2014Delicious meal as at all other Ruth Chris' we have visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not good enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014We've been to this restaurant in the past (and to other Ruth's Chris locations in Houston and New York) and were always very satisfied. This time, the food was good but not nearly as impressive as previous visits. The salad was unimpressive, the cut of my ribeye was particularly chewy and unevenly cooked, and our dessert was less molten chocolate and more dry cake with a drop or two of sauce. It was still enjoyable, but at that price, we expected (and expect) more.Special Features:
- incrediblebudatxffpmDined on 7/7/2014The steaks were incredible and cooked to order expertly. They are pricey, a dinner for two was in the neighborhood of $150, but worth every penny. The portions are very generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful to experience...HeatherbellyDined on 7/4/2014This is my second visit to Ruth's Chris in Austin. The first was for my 40th birthday. This was celebrating my marriage. The food, service, and ambiance were wonderful and exactly what I expected. It's a special occasion restaurant, in my opinion. It's a little crazy to pay $57 for an á la carte steak...we were using a wedding gift to pay--so it was extra delightful. If you want to go somewhere with EXCELLENT service, consistently great food, and you don't mind the expense, go to Ruth's Chris. My petite filet and asparagus were incredibly delicious. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be betterRyanFDined on 6/28/2014My entree $50 filet, medium rare - cooked perfectly but tough and very little flavor Wife's entree - $44 sea bass - flavor good but overcooked Shared veggie - $16 sauteed spinach - came out like a butter soup, bitter, no seasoning The only redeeming item was the calamari appetizer. Overall, very disappointing. $148 total. Much better fine dining steak restaurants in Austin than this such as Three Forks or Sullivans. Don't waste your money here.
- Excellent Steak'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Steak was prepared perfectly and had a wonderful taste that melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Heat Makes the SteakJimCVIPDined on 6/16/2014Bonein Filet was cooked to a perfect rare plus that only their broilers can achieve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's Dayluv2dineVIPDined on 6/15/2014My husband wanted to celebrate his day, despite the kids weren't home; he wanted steak. Ruth's Chris usually fills that bill. The service was a little lax. No one brought water; we had to ask for it. Our waitperson was not very attentive; we had to wave her down at least once. The food was very good and satisfying. The steaks were perfect. We bought a very nice wine, a 2009 Valpolicello, and had one glass each. We brought it home to enjoy later. The very next night my husband poured another glass and that bottle of wine had turned bad. It was extremely disappointing. It should have been as good as the night before. This expensive Restaurant should be ashamed of selling such wine.Special Features:
- The following 469 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Austin reviews archive.
- best experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014We have been to numerous Ruth Chris steakhouses all over the country, but I must say by far, this was the most memorable experience ever. From the onset of the hostess greeting us to the welcoming, friendly busboy, to the server and of course the excellent food and attentive, smiling, friendly manager !! Everyone exceeded our expectation for a wonder night out ! The bone in rib eye was charred perfectly and succulent!! The New York Strip was also outstanding and perfectly prepared. Our salads were crisp and delicious and made according to our specifications!! The lobster tails were sweet and delicious and served with a golden brown exterior!! The wine selection we made was recommended by our server and ended up being outstanding!!!Special Features:
- GreatHungryDined on 5/31/2014Great food and service! Not noisey, thank goodnessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehElguapoDined on 5/31/2014Soup was ice cold. Ribeye was med well and not med rare.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014I like Ruth's Chris but it's a bit overpriced. Nice place, good food and good place to conduct some business over a good meal but for us (wife & self) it's only an occasional stopSpecial Features:
- Saturday Date NightCalabastrDined on 5/17/2014This was our first dining experience at the Austin location, we've dined at Ruth's Chris on more than one occasion in San Diego. The service was ambience are fantastic. My husband ordered the rib-eye; I had the fillet and lobster tails. My meal was excellent, but my husband's steak was a bit tough and lacking in flavor. He was really disappointed! After mentioning it to our server, the manager came by and extended his apologies. The steak was deleted from our bill. We will return to Ruth's Chris again and again. It is a great restaurant that I'd recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner & the Theatreluv2dineoutDined on 5/17/2014Dinner at Ruth's was the perfect start to an evening that included a concert at The Paramount. The food met the reputation of the restaurant and our expectations!Special Features:
- BD213VIPDined on 5/16/2014To be completely fair, my complete review is on TripAdvisor.com (Jetjouster), read it. Short version, service was good, waiter was attentive, took an hour for 2 medium rare steaks (no sides). One wedge salad had no dressing or bacon, just a few blue cheese crumbles. One ribeye was perfect, one ribeye's crown was nothing but gristle (since that's all I really eat, this was a bit of a let down.) Since it took almost an hour, I wasn't about to return it. Wine was good. Evening in all? Good but not good enough to replace our "goto" place when in Austin. Nice place, good band in the bar, will go back I'm sure. At this level, someone should have caught the bad steak though.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSteakboyDined on 5/13/2014They never disappoint. Food and service were great. We had bone in filet mignon that was cooked to perfection, tender and and full of flavor. It was also my wifes birthday and the staff went out of their way to make the evening very special. Have been going there for over 20 years and I have never been disappointed. Awesome food, staff and decor.Special Features:
- A FavoritechristinarVIPDined on 5/10/2014Can always ensure you are going to have a great meal at Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- Great steaks, good serviceTracyDinesOutDined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse even though I could not give it 5 stars due to a couple of missteps with service and food. The steaks were amazing and needed no sauces or toppings. I had ordered the peppercorn sauce for my filet, however, and it was not brought out with my steak. It appeared that the server had forgotten to order it because it took a while for him to bring it once he was reminded about it. Then when I received it, it was awful. It had a very strong, almost chemical (read pine-sol) taste to it and I sent it back. Other than that, the food was excellent and the service was ok albeit a little slow. I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't do Lobster at a Steak PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014Several of us had a combo with a Ribeye or Filet and two Lobster Tails. We all conferred that the Lobster Tails were overcooked. We will always come back to Ruth Chris for the Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was dryHungryhungryhippoDined on 4/20/2014My father and I both ordered the filet and both of us thought it was dry and needed flavor. I've been to Ruth's Chris before and thought the steak was the best I'd ever had, so this was a huge change. Maybe they were just really busy.Special Features:
- For a Special OccasionStuTDined on 4/5/2014It's certainly not inexpensive so you want to be confident that there is a return on your investment. Ruth's has never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2014It has been a few years since I last dined. Still is the great dining expirence I expected. Service was stellar as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakJDW1VIPDined on 3/29/2014After patronizing several locations, dozens of times for 30 years, this is the first time food quality has ever been an issue. We order medium rare and usually have the porterhouse. The seasoning was bland and the steak was dry and crusty on the outside. Upon reflection, we suspect that the meat had cooled off and sat for a while and was reheated, which evaporated most of the juice. We were celebrating our anniversary. It was early and uncrowded The steak took some time to arrive. It's the first time we felt that the value fell short of what we had come to expect. It should have been returned, but we were hungry and the waiter was outstanding. This is the only Ruth's Chris where we have ever experienced any problem with anything.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food and ServiceJmooDined on 3/22/2014Can't go wrong with this restaurant. Know upfront it's expensive but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicewacotravellerDined on 3/11/2014Service was great from the moment we walked in. Steak melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.