Ruth's Chris Steak House - Atlantic City
The Outlets at The Walk
2020 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-atlanticcity.com/
- Phone: 6093445833x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Restaurant Manager & Private Dining Manager - RJ Roemhild - 609.344.5833
- Private Party Facilities: Board Room: Seats up to 12 guests
Wine Room: Seats up to 35 guests
Main Dining Room: Seats up to 100 guests
- Private Party Contact: R.J. Roemhild 6093445833x
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Atlantic City
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first class service from the Number One prime steak house in the world - Ruth's Chris Steak House. At Ruth's Chris Steak House - Atlantic city, you'll experience our contemporary decor coupled with distinctive dining traditions that you can only expect at the Number One steak house. At Ruth's Chris Steak House, we take steak seriously, but we're also serious about making sure you have a great time. So, whether you're looking for a place to unwind after a hectic day at work, planning a romantic dinner for two or that all important business meeting, feel free to laugh out loud and stay awhile and experience our sizzle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)romantic (61)good for groups (39)notable wine list (36)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Nice neighbor hood steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Having dined at many steakhouses but never at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, we wanted to try the food there. The atmosphere was pleasant and relatively quiet. We sat in a booth that unfortunately was a bit cramped as there was no leg room for me and I felt squeezed against the table. That said, the food was excellent! My 16 oz steak was a beautiful thick cut, seasoned and cooked to perfection. My wife had the petite filet which was also cooked to perfection! My daughter had the mac & cheese which she really liked as the cheese was browned on top and gave a really nice flavor. Lobster bisque and stuffed mushroom appetizers were marvelous! Our waiter was patient and helpful, not intrusive. Expensive meal but well worth the cost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Competitive expensive steak chainUrDocVIPDined on 8/23/2014Well prepared steaks with attention to details in service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I gave it a try...keml2Dined on 8/17/2014Date night was excellent. Food outstanding. Service perfect, thanks Frank D!!!! 11 ounce filet cooked medium rare was AMAZING! Worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMarcDined on 8/16/2014The food was outstanding. Service was excellent. Our server Joe was very friendly and on point.Special Features:
- Fantastic, yet again!JLopesDined on 8/14/2014Another fantastic and seamlessly wonderful meal with amazing attentive service. My boyfriend and I came for my birthday as I do almost every year, We were sat in a nice quite rounded booth, perfect for a romantic night out. Our server pointed out a great bottle of red (she was spot on). We went with the Ruth Chris Classics Menu so we can enjoy a bit of everything. From the fresh strawberries on the salad, to the perfectly cooked steak and shrimp, all the way through dessert and everything in between, it was all delicious! Our server was fantastic and made sure we were well taken care of. She even managed to surprise me with a birthday dessert because she knew I had been there many times before. I can not wait to go back. Thank you!!!Special Features:
- A sign of the times...GertieDined on 8/12/2014I've been going to Ruth's for more than 20 years. Back when you could see Ruth Fertel visiting franchises in places like Jackson, MS or NOLA just to keep them on their toes. Those days are gone. The food, especially the steak, is still good but certainly not great. The sides were adequate but not all that good. The staff was friendly but certainly not well trained for an upscale dining venue. The bartender acted as if we were bothering her when we ordered two Martinis. Tossing empties into a recycle bin with abandon, pouring raw vodka into my glass when it appeared not to be full enough, yakking about personal and personnel issues with other employees. If I'm dropping $250 on dinner - it has to be better than this.
- Ruth Chris A Notch above the restbksfinest58Dined on 8/10/2014Went there for mine an my wife's wedding anniversary. Food is outstanding.. Service is fantastic.. Overall 5 Star experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not PreparedRatatouilleDollDined on 8/7/2014A special occasion event. My friend wanted to celebrate his 30th birthday here so We reservad an 8:45 seating. The Dining area was far from full offering many open tables yet we were immediately seated next to the front door in a booth where the place settings were half missing as if the last guests just left ? We needed to keep clearing our own table of used dishes to make room for our next course. My friends entre came out with out his shoe string fries. They apparently burnt the first set. By the time he was served them he was far finished with his steak and we were all on desert. Our salad was wilted and very warm. The portions small and over priced. There were 4 of us and no one left there impressed by the service or the food.
- Great meal...excellent steaksidanielakDined on 8/3/2014We were in AC for a show and my niece wanted to eat there as we had earlier in the year, before a show! we try to have a special dinner out a couple times a year and this was great, the steaks were to die for, the meal was excellent! We were four ranging in age from 18 to 79 and it was enjoyed by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingLuv2dineDined on 8/2/2014Went there for a bachelor party. Service was average, atmosphere was ok as expected, but the food was not great. I ordered a NY strip and it was over cooked and extremely fatty. The good was slow to come out as well. The servers didn't seem to buy into it either. Acted like they would have liked to be somewhere else. I've been spoiled by steak houses in NYC and this really didn't stack up.
- The Best Steak HousechasnanVIPDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is the best steak house you could ever want to go i highly recommend Ruth's Chris my birthday was one i will not forget food was excellent service was excellent you must try this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatCrazyderekDined on 8/2/2014Atlantic city gets a bad rap Great food friendly people I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceKs1343Dined on 7/28/2014Excellent food and service. A little loud, but that is more the result of the people around us than the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but bad serviceluvacDined on 7/28/2014Waitress seemed to be very disinterested, maybe due to the fact that we did not order wine or drinks from the bar. She was not friendly and service was very slow. I get better service at restaurants that are half the price. Food was very good, my husband and I really enjoyed our salads.Special Features:
- Good But not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014Nice restaurant, great service. Took the fix price menu which was a great value. My wife and I however both had upset stomach the next day and didn't feel right for a few days.
- stellar performanceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2014met a friend down in ac for a girl's night out. chose to eat at Ruth's having dined there before as well as other locations. Great booth, Zita, our server was fantastic! The manager Brian stopped by for visit, and everything was perfect! Highly recommend. Ask for Zita, Jen, Nicole or Tara!Special Features:
- Simply the Best !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Best steak I ever had and I've been to other streak houses. Everything else was excellent. They put added touches knowing it was our anniversary like rose petals on the table and writing Happy Anniversary on our dessert plates ! Couldn't Jane asked for a better experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerdiningfanatic21Dined on 7/20/2014The overall experience was very nice yet I thought the service wasn't as best as I expected it to be. The restaurant was not very busy yet our server did not tend to us as much as I would have liked. A manager brought out our food because from what I'm assuming he knew our food took too long to come out (which it did). I work in the restaurant business so I kind of know what to expect especially when someone is paying that kind of money to dine. Other than that the experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leoneVIPDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful attentive waitress, Nicole who we requested, because she was our waitress several years ago when we were at your restaurant in Atlantic City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place poor serviceHappyHusbandDined on 7/18/2014Myself and my wife walked into the restaurant and was seated almost instantly by the hostess and we were both given menu's by the hostess. As we look through the menu's as in any restaurant we are expecting a waiter or waitress to come over and introduce their self but no one ever came. After 20 minutes of waiting I finally ask the hostess is there a manager available. The hostess did get a manager and when he came over to apologize he also came with our waiter. The food was great but no one should have to wait for 20 minutes before the waiter or waitress to comes over and themselves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014My husband and I were at your restaurant with our 2 children. The food and service was excellent. The patrons next to our table made our visit very unenjoyable. There was a man sitting next to us with three other people. Throughout our dining experience the man picked his teeth and made a sucking noise as if trying to remove food particles. This noise made paying $150.00 for dinner a terrible experience! We nearly left. It is pretty bad when my young daughter also made comment about the situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner!finnickyfoodyDined on 7/16/2014I recently had the opportunity to try Ruth's Chris with some friends. Normally in such a group there are some one or two things that don't hit the mark. In this case, the four of us were totally pleased with everything: Amazingly, the corn chowder, oysters Rockefeller, shrimp, Caesar salad, lobster, steak, swordfish, and the huge sides (large enough for the entire table), were all declared perfectly delicious. But the surprise of the evening was a lowly side of roasted fingerling potatoes that came with one of the Chef's Special prix fixe dinners. Deliciously amazing to all tasters, I had to ask our server to get the secret from the Chef - which he promptly did. You'll have to discover it for yourself, but I can't wait to try it at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatACFriendlyDined on 7/12/2014Upscale restaurant that is a great place to eat. Steaks are always perfect. Sides big enough to share. Wine list is extensive. Wait staff knowledgeable, well trained, friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P's B'dayPennyDined on 7/10/2014The staff was very nice. It was a rainy night and they took care of umbrellas, sat us early and did not rush us. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris Steak HouseFoodie18Dined on 7/8/2014Food was absolutely phenomenal ! Everything was cooked to perfection. The service was wonderful, very efficient. The entire staff was very pleasant and warming. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rob CiarloOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014The food far surpassed all of our expectations. Jill, our server, was very very good.
- Awesome!WeekendgetawayDined on 7/5/2014I had the 11 oz filet & it was amazon! Also the service was prompt & on point. You have to try the jumbo scallops! Just heaven on your tongue. I even took pictures of my food cause it was that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruth chrisAnthonyDined on 7/4/2014My food was raw and sent it back and came back burnt. My girlfriend was good. Disappointed that I was charged anyway. Don't think I will come back. It was my birthday dinner and it was horrible. Thank you for your time and who can I called for compensation of this dinner.Special Features:
- Felt UniqueHometownguestsDined on 6/29/2014Because it is part of a restaurant chain, I was reluctant to reserve it to celebrate two special occasions, birthday and retirement. But I needn't have worried. It was special. The staff was accommodating and the food was tasty.Special Features:
- Consistent and GoodDocAlVIPDined on 6/28/2014This is hands down my favorite steak chain. Steak is always spiced nicely and sizzling hot as always promised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris On a Downward SpiralOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Food has really come down in quality. The Sizzler of major chain steakhouses. Ruth's Chris, you're off my list.
- robertDined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed the experience and the food was outstanding. The service started out a bit slow however, as it took a long time to get our salads.Special Features:
- delicious food!mariaDined on 6/27/2014Was a bit pricey, but I expected that. Good for a special occasion. Great service and the food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnertwodogsDined on 6/20/2014Had our annual anniversary dinner and it was, as always, great. Scheduled the wine room for a table and they provided the usual rose petals on the table with lots of happy anniversary from all staff who came by the table. Had the special that included soup ( never ,ever, had anything but great soup here},wife had blue cheese salad that she could not finish( it was big). The filet and shrimp were excellent, cooked to perfection. Dessert was a well prepared bread pudding with chocolate pieces. We have never had anything but great service and outstanding food here in AC.Special Features:
- chasnanVIPDined on 6/15/2014Food is always great at Ruth Chris I would recommend it for everyone to try for fathers day it was the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time and still love itJenn70Dined on 6/13/2014We went to Ruths Chris on a Friday night..used Open Table to make reservation and we arrived a few minutes early..they took us right ro our table. Wonderful service, best steaks around...little pricey but the food is divine. Husband and I split a salad and a side dish but each had our own main dish (filet for me and veal raviolis for hubbie) We were stuffed! Overall great experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrandoVIPDined on 6/10/2014Everything was fantastic from soup to nuts, including our serving Kyle! Best steak around and so accommodating that they even stuff fresh blue cheese olives for you! Dinner was fabulous - Thank you.Special Features:
- DaveDined on 6/9/2014Been here several times in past. On this occasion the steaks we ordered just did not fit the bill. Manager did take off for Ribeye steak my wife had as one was not worth the $47 and the second one was not much better. I had a Strip steak which was OK and but not worth the money though. On past occasions the steaks here were GREAT. We will go back here even though on this occasion it could have been a lot better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic dinnerLizac2373Dined on 6/7/2014Filet was great new Australian Cabernet was great and reasonable. Joe are server was very friendly the manager was extremely accommodating! The bar staff was awesome and upbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014We had reservations for a Friday night at 7 pm. The restaurant was completely deserted with only two other tables. This should have been our first clue the meal was going to be lousy. We've been to several other Ruth's Chris's steakhouses in Nj and Pa and this by far does not live up to the quality or standards of other places. My filet was ordered medium but was more than well done and burnt around the edges. The service was horrible, the waitress never came back to ask about our meal. She only showed up to give us the check and didn't even ask if we wanted another glass of wine or anything else. If this had been our first experience at Ruth Chris's we'd never be back.