Ruth's Chris Steak House - Asheville
26 All Souls Cresent
Asheville, NC 28803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Asheville
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruths-chris.com/
- Phone: 8283986200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stephen Vairo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth"s Chris event catering delivers the service, the expertise and of course, the flavor wherever you and your guests gather. Our signature steak experience arrives at your location with an on-site Private Event team of executive chefs, certified bartenders and Ruth's Chris trained servers. From choosing your menu to overseeing the smallest details, Ruth's Chris event catering staff looks forward to helping create your perfect occasion.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Asheville
Located in Historic Biltmore Village. Start your evening the Ruth"s Chris way – over a mouth-watering filet. Sit back and enjoy the most tender and delicious steak you've ever tasted. Or, if you're in the mood for something a little different, our extensive a la carte menu features extra-thick cut steak, live Maine Lobster, fresh seafood, a variety of vegetable dishes, and eight potato selections. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth's Chris genuine hospitality. So whether you're a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Asheville - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Asheville reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (63)notable wine list (61)fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always impressedFieldGoalDined on 9/21/2014I spend five months in Asheville every year and this is one of three places I go each week. The food and atmosphere are fabulous whether in the bar or dining room. The service is superb and they treat me like a queen and that I am the most important person in the room which is a nice welcoming feeling In fact, now I'm going twice a week because I know how much I'll miss it when I go back to Florida for the winter. You guys and gals are running a five star establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris Ashville is Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Great service, great food, wonderful evening. We just keep going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandmotherDined on 9/20/2014I've never been disappointed by the excellent food. Three of us enjoyed the steak, of course. We all enjoyed a variety of sides which were all delicious. The chicken breast as well as the salmon were two other dishes ordered and we were all equally satisfied. Despite that it was Restaurant Week, we were served very efficiently. I highly recommend the Wedge salad, which was yummy! Our server recommended a particular wine to two in our party and they loved it! as the evening went on, it seemed our server was pulled into different directions causing a lull in some refills, although we were continued to be served by a couple of other people. Overall, Ruth's Chris is a place we recommend highly and doesn't disappoint. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIKEDined on 9/19/2014As usual, an excellent restaurant. Great food, service and ambiance. I would definitely recommend for a great dining experience when in Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's in AshevillemitchellrausherVIPDined on 9/18/2014Always a great meal at Ruth's Chris, wherever we go. Visiting Ashevile this time. Chip was exceptional server, and dispensed some good advice regarding the Biltmore Estate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningBrianVIPDined on 9/16/2014Just love the atmosphere from the hostesses to the servers. Always a pleasure to dine at Ruth Chris. Dana, Tony, Jacob and Ben Miller are fabulous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantLarryVIPDined on 9/16/2014The managers are gracious, servers are well trained.
- Great experienceFieldGoalDined on 9/15/2014love to eat at the bar when in town as there is a great bar menu but full menu is available. With a larger group the dining room is elegant with great atmosphere and service as well. Everything on the menu is first rate in the way great steakhouses are meant to be. Every staff member is welcoming and the evening just couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningBrianVIPDined on 9/13/2014Thanks to Tony Creed, Dana Hagan, Ben and Jacob Miller. You always extend yourselves making a dining experience.
- LocalfareDined on 9/12/2014Steve was an excellent server, as were all is helpers.Special Features:
- Great DiningLarryVIPDined on 9/10/2014Experienced another wonderful evening at the classic Ruth Chris. This Ruth Chris I rate as the Best. I guess this is because of the detailed attention from the managers and the servers. This is the finest restaurant in Asheville deserving a Top Rating. I shall return and recommend Ruth Chris Asheville to all who want to get their monies worth. Check out their Complete Dinner Specials.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceBrianVIPDined on 9/10/2014Let's face it, dining at Ruth Chris, is like being at a magnificent Country Club without paying any membership dues. Besides the setting, the food and service is consistently superior to many of the restaurants in Asheville. The manager, Tony Creed and assistant Dana Hagan are extremely attentive making an evening to remember. The servers are extremely well trained especially Jacob Miller. The hostesses Olga and Lauren at the front door set the stage by welcoming the diners to Ruth Chris. Some of the customers should respect the upscale restaurant and come better dressed. By the way, love the parking attendants who are very careful with your cars. This definitely a FIVE STAR experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PartyBrianVIPDined on 9/7/2014I planned a dinner party with Ton Creed and Dana Hagan, the managers and requested Jacob Miller as my server. The party was a fun time and a most successful event. Thanks Ruth Chris Asheville, a place where the staff remembers you name. Can't wait toreturnI would recommend this to a friend.
- FieldGoalDined on 9/7/2014Best Ruth Chris ever and this place stands out even in a restaurant town. Of course, the steaks are out of this world but from top to bottom the food is excellent from the salads, soups, and sides to the desserts. Every detail is perfect, the atmosphere and service are impeccable and there is a great happy hour bar scene and menu with live music in the bar on weekends. The management, Tim and Dana, are very welcoming and accommodating to all guests and Jacob, Larica, and Stacy at the bar are not only great bartenders but lots of fun to be around as well. If you don't have a great evening here you just haven't tried. This place has it all!Special Features:
- Another Wonderful MealBigRockBillDined on 8/31/2014Each time my wife and I dine at Ruth's Chris in Asheville, we come in with high expectations - for the food, for the service, for the atmosphere. Again last weekend the restaurant was outstanding. If you, like my wife and I, truly appreciate the finest, best prepared beef, Ruth's Chris cannot be topped.Special Features:
- All Are Not EqualMelanieVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have eaten at many Ruth's Chris restaurants across the US and have found the food and service to be consistently good. We have always left fully satisfied. Our experience at the Asheville restaurant ended that streak. The food and service were not up to our standards. We felt rushed from the start, rather than ordering our meal in stages and taking time to enjoy each course. While I am sure we could have waited, it seemed our server was in a hurry to get us served. My husband and I both had ribeyes, which we ordered cooked medium. Both steaks were medium well. The mashed potatoes were bland and the creamed corn watery. My broccoli au gratin was great and our warm apple tarts delicious. The manager was friendly and gracious.
- DMandBBDined on 8/22/2014Oustanding service and great food! Steak cooked to perfection! Very attentive to special occasions and celebratory meals. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fantastic!ellbdinerDined on 8/21/2014You just can't go wrong with Ruth's Chris Steak House. It's always fantastic - delicious food, comprehensive service, friendly staff, polished atmosphere, always classy, always consistent. The Asheville Biltmore location lives up to the reputation even more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & a surprise for usJPF805Dined on 8/21/2014I noted on our online reservation that it was our anniversary. When we arrived, the hosts wished us a happy anniversary and there was a card signed by the staff on our table along with rose petals. Later the manager brought over glasses of champagne and raspberries. None of this was necessary, but is the step beyond that we have come to experience from Ruth's Chris Steak House and its staff. The steaks were the best we've had in Asheville, everything was flavorful and perfectly done to our requested temp. Staff was attentive & aware of where we were in the meal to keep service well paced throughout the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIKEDined on 8/20/2014Great place for a great dining experience. As usual, the food and service were both excellent. Ask for Daniel. We will return within the next few weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoyaltyRoyaltyVIPDined on 8/15/2014We felt like Royalty. Robby, our server, was attentive and professional. We were celebrating a birthday and they placed a birthday card on the table. We will be back!Special Features:
- Ruth's Chris EveningLuluDined on 8/9/2014We go to Ruth's Chris Restaurant for special occasions several times a year. We are always so pleased with the total experience, food, service, ambience, etc. Last Saturday evening was an exception, in only one way. Our waitstaff person would appear, and taking no notice of what was occurring among the four people at the table, interject herself right into the midst to determine her waitstaff questions. I will always in the future request a booth , for more privacy and perhaps more discreet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a 13th Birthday SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014All around great experience. We celebrated my daughters 13th birthday at Ruth's Chris and what a way to make her feel special and spoiled. Rom the time we arrived with valet parking to arriving at the table (which was ready when we arrived) that had a birthday card signed by all staff, to the excellent appetizers, amazing steaks/sides, and mouth water deserts. Thank you Asheville staff, this experience was the highlight of my daughters day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIKEDined on 8/6/2014AS USUAL, EXCELLENT OVERALL DINING EXPERIENCE. TRY TO DINE AT RUTHS CHRIS AT LEAST ONCE EACH MONTH. OUR SERVER, DANIEL DID A GREAT JOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 generations3gensDined on 8/4/2014The steaks (Filet) were a hit with all 3 of us. The best we had ever eaten. So nice to have it still hot half way through our meal. We also enjoyed the potatoes Lyonaise. The asparagus and mashed potatoes did not measure up to the rest of the meal. Daniel was a fine server and very patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steaks since we relocatedJPF805Dined on 7/30/2014We've found good pork & chicken when dining out since we've moved to the area from the Midwest, but have found the beef lacking the robust Midwest flavor we enjoy. My husband had been impressed with Ruth's Chris up North so we decided to try the Asheville location. We expected excellent steaks & were prepared to pay a bit more. If steaks can make tears come to your eyes, these did, it was like going home. I even used my bread to make sure I got all the juices on the plate! The surprise was to find a fixed price 'Chef's Summer Menu'. Normally everything is a la carte, in Asheville they offer selected smaller portions of the protein along with an appetizer, side & dessert ! Our server Julia made the dinner memorableSpecial Features:
- jamesVIPDined on 7/30/2014perfect perfect perfect this is best spot in biltmore and south ashevilleSpecial Features:
- Steaks that sizzle!NycdiletantesVIPDined on 7/25/2014Actually, everything about the dinner sizzled. The service was personal and attentive. Our server, Robbie, addressed us cordially and by name. His assistant Callie was quick to get anything we needed. The manager Dana stopped by our table a couple of times and visited. The Caesar salad, served almost as soon as we placed our order, was crisp and flavorful. We both had ribeye steaks, medium rare, and shared Lyonnaise potatoes. The steaks were prepared to perfection, the potatoes crispy brown and delicious. We were celebrating a birthday, and Robbie delighted us with a creamy confection to complete a delightful evening.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousAshevilleEatsDined on 7/24/2014Wonderful salad and steak as always. We tried the summer special dinner which included a side and dessert, also yummy. Waitress was a little busy so service was a bit slow but quite tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceSouthEastFoodieDined on 7/23/2014Had a wonderful meal with my wife this weekend. Lindsay offered great service that was unobtrusive, it was also nice to meat the manager. We will recommend this location to our friends, it's nice to have a good place in town to get a steak!Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful serviceJPO13Dined on 7/20/2014We love Ruth's Chris for both special occasions and for a fun night out with friends. Ruth's Chris combines delicious food, a comfortable atmosphere and superior service to create a superb dining experience. While they are known for their steaks (with good reason!) their other dishes are equally spectacular (try the swordfish). They also have a lengthy wine list and a sommelier ready to offer their knowledge and advice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebration experienceDaveVIPDined on 7/20/2014The evening started fine although we did have to wait a bit until our cocktail orders were taken. Food was of the expected quality that we have experienced at the many Ruth's Chris locations we have visited in the past. We had asked for a booth as they typically offer a bit more privacy but not at this location. It almost appears as though booths were an afterthought for this relatively new facility. Just a narrow corridor with with basically no privacy. The biggest issue was trying to pay our bill, the waiter simply disappeared and we had to walk to the reception area to find him, apparently he was caught up trying to get his "chores" done so that he could go home. Seems like end of the evening cleanup takes priority over customer service.
- Nice atmosphereCarski22VIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a great table and superb waitress, Lindsay.. My husband had a delicious filet with shrimp. I Decided to order something different and wished I had not.i love a good ribeye but this one was flavorless and tough. Ordered Medium but with the hot plate it cooked to more like medium well. Next visit will get the trio or a filetSpecial Features:
- Always AmazingsrvcsnobDined on 7/18/2014The staff,service and food are always exceptional. This time was no exception. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve was outstanding!love2dineoutDined on 7/17/2014The food is always the best to be had. I had the sampler plate with filet, crab cake and stuffed chicken. My partner had the regular ribeye cooked perfectly. We started with the veal ravioli as an appetizer to try something new. They were very tasty and were finished to the last bite. Our sides included a split loaded baked potato, onion rings (huge), and whole mushrooms (these are great to add to your sizzling plate)! We had leftovers for the next day and once again enjoyed our dining at home. We would recommend all or any of these dishes. Steve, our server was second to none and made sure our dining experience was superb.Special Features:
- MIKEDined on 7/16/2014Our favorite restaurant. Love the food and service. We always ask for Daniel. He is an excellent waiter.Special Features:
- Ruth Chris Rocks!love2dineVIPDined on 7/12/2014Knowing you are going into a place and the product is predictable is fantastic. Food was on the mark and the service to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ashville RestaurantskygodVIPDined on 7/11/2014We ate in the bar area and enjoyed the convenience of getting right in to dinner and out on time for a show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as ExpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Very nice dinner on a Friday evening at Ruth's Chris, Asheville. Our table was ready at the reservation time, the service was exceptional and seemed to be there at just the right time. Food was as good as we have come to expect from Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Amazing as Always!WallyDined on 7/1/2014Been to Ruth's Chris' in Atlanta, St Louis and now Asheville! They never disappoint! U R never disappointed with the food quality, flavor and presentation and the waitstaff is always on top of everything and they make U feel right at home!!!!! Go and prove me wrong:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.