Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
2231 Crystal Drive, 11th Floor
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3499/Arlington
- Phone: 7039797275
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Ruderman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Arlington, VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Arlington offers private rooms for 12 guests or more. Semi-private space is available for up to 20 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Boone 8777744094
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Arlington, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (78)special occasion (61)romantic (48)notable wine list (27)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Somewhat disappointedJohnPVIPDined on 8/25/2014When I arrived they had already seated my guest in an area just off the bar. This area not conducive to business discussion as was off to the side of the bar area. because it was going to be a slow night they were not seating anyone elsewhere in the restaurant.Special Features:
- 11th AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014This was the perfect spot to have our anniversary dinner. The food was excellent and the wait staff was attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to schoolGDadDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I took our grandson and his girlfriend to Ruth's Chris for a back to college dinner. Arlington is a great loaction with a view of Regan Airport. Sam, our waiter, was very professional. Perfect pace on the meal, friendly and knowledgable about the menu. As usual the steaks at Ruth's Chris are excellent. Very tender and cooked to the proper temperature. We had a very nice time and the kids enjoyed their feast prior to going off to college and eating cafeteria food.Special Features:
- Surprisingly AffordableOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014Of course I've been to Ruth's Chris before. But with the addition of the Classic menu, you can have three courses and wine with dinner for around $100.00. I call that a bargain. The views are nice, but the food and service remain great. Best part is that it's not much of a compromise off the regular menu. Kudos, it's not just for special occasions anymore.Special Features:
- Great but lateNebboDined on 8/16/2014Food came very late other than that every thing was perfectSpecial Features:
- Under staffedLuvGreatMealDined on 8/16/2014I have dine at this Ruth's Chris many times and received outstanding service. I did not know it was restaurant week in Arlington. The family and I was going out to have a good meal. We where seated and here is where the experience change from previous visits. It took 15 minutes before our server to acknowledge we existed. I question the time, because he passed the table several times. He stated we are real busy. He got better over time, but I think the whole restaurant was operating on that theme. Medium well steak come out bloody....sent it back twice and the garlic mushed potatoes where loose....to much butter I will give them another shot. Everybody have a bad day. Usually a 5 Star experience all the waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a dissapointment....jaf2033VIPDined on 8/16/2014We were on a time crunch and let the server know we had a pork allergy. Even after asking for the chipotle fingerling potatoes without bacon, they definitely had bacon. But it doesn't stop there. We ordered two ribeyes medium, and we got them well done. Absolutely awful, grainy meat with less than spectacular service. No recovery from above mentioned issues with dinner. Eddie, however was nice but he wasn't even our actual server. It was quite comical that the server asked if he could upgrade our desserts to a larger selection given the temp issues. Seriously?? I came to a steakhouse to eat over cooked steak...view was nice but I would not come back. Manager did not recover situation either.Special Features:
- terrible servicedineoutDined on 8/15/2014Hostess was not pleasant, There were plenty of open tables and she sat us at a table where it was not completely set up for a new group. We did not receive those silverware and complete set up until we got out first course. It was just very annoying to come here when I haven't been to a Ruth Chris in years to have a bad customer service experience. Should have went to Mortons or STK. Crystal City Ruth Chris location is better for group events and parties. (We went in a group of 4). The food was just OK, the side items came out cold.Special Features:
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Ruth's Chris. The staff was great and made us feel special. Dinner was fantastic as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our favorite!JDM225VIPDined on 8/14/2014We always make it a point to dine at Ruth's Chris when in DC. The Crystal City location is the best one anywhere. The view is fabulous particularly from the bar room. We always ask for the center table in that room and it's always pretty special. Teddy is our usual server and we always enjoy the service, flavors, smells, and the fantastic experience. All this seems to make the steaks taste better than the other RCs too for some reason. Check it out - you'll be glad you did!Special Features:
- Hidden GemMarblemanDined on 8/13/2014The sign outside is somewhat misleading but some helpful people directed us to the correct building and the elevator. The restaurant is on the 11th floor with a great view into the Capitol. The food offerings are predictable for a steakhouse but the service is definitely great.Special Features:
- GreatTankerDined on 8/11/2014I was have an excellent time at Ruth's Chris SteakhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidSuckerVIPDined on 8/9/2014My server David let me order an after-dinner cognac that cost $300+ dollars without a price being found on the dessert menu and without saying a word to me. I held my integrity, paid my bill and tipped him accordingly but I will NEVER go back to this place. There are better steaks that aren't fried in butter to be found in the area.
- Great View69erVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our table overlooked the Airport and it was neat watching the planes land and take off, we also say boats in the river in the background. Most of all the food was outstanding! Great Filet Mignon, service was also very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Sat at the front windows facing Regan Nat & the Potomac River, could not have been a better view of the city and surrounding area. Great views from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great all the way!ArtsLoverDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated our 10th wedding Anniv. Made to feel like king and queen. Perfect romantic red plush booth banquette with decor for occasion and special desert on the house. Of course the steaks were perfect. Thanks, Ruth Chris Arlington!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SatisfiedBahHumbugDined on 8/1/2014Ruth's Chris is a dependable brand that consistently delivers excellent quality food. The steaks are excellent. The crab cakes not so much so and the Lobster Mac N Cheese underwhelming. I forgot my number one rule - if you are going to t great steakhouse - order a steak. With Ruth's Chris - that rule stands firm. The service is a bit 'overbearing.' Not sure if they are insecure - great places have very confident service but do not try to 'dominate' the customers. As I reflect - overbearing is the best way to describe my perception of the service. Fortunately - it sdoesn't bother me much to dine with 'know-it-alls."Special Features:
- Great dinner, view & service!BrunchDined on 7/26/2014We go to Ruth's Chris about 10 times a year and we bring family and friends. This time, we got a table by the wondw overlooking the Potomac and our DC landmarks so view was great. Then we met Henry, our server who was truly outstanding. Of course, the porterhouse for 2 and the filet we're made to perfection. Overall a great experience thanks to the team who prepared our food and to Henry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerchowtimeDined on 7/19/2014My date was very pleased with the dining choice I made for her this weekend. The meal was very good and the bread pudding was to die for. I'm sure we will be back.Special Features:
- Great spot for a date nightGKellDined on 7/18/2014We were able to score a table by the window which was pretty sweet. The service was excellent as always and the food was ridiculously good. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service.Lovestheindustry12Dined on 7/11/2014We came to celebrate an anniversary, I knew the food would be good. I knew the view would be nice. I knew the wine list would hold a number of great selections, what I didn't know was how much a server could enhance the experience. Teddy is the person to ask for if you are dining at Ruth Chris. He truly opened my eyes, as someone who works in the restaurant industry- to how much service can enhance a dining experience. Thank you so much for an amazing, memorable anniversary celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David was GREAT!!PuckiDined on 7/10/2014David provided out of this world service. He made my wife's bday party a true memorable night!! Thank You David for being so special with everyone in my party. I will indeed come back for my own bday. Thanks!! NSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Up to Ruth's Chris StandardC2RomeVIPDined on 7/5/2014Was sadly disappointed in the exceptionally poor quality of my steak. I have long been a fan and routinely patronize Ruth's Chris several times a year but this last dining experience was so bad that it is doubtful I will return. I ordered a petit filet medium rare and not only was the steak poorly (under) cooked, the quality of the meat itself was the worst I've been served at a Chris restaurant; full of connective tissue; didn't cut well even with a steak knife. The staff returned it and brought a second filet that was a much better cut of beef but it was cooked even less than the first one. I boxed it after two bites and grilled it the next day for 5 min - was perfect. Sad when Sam's Club steaks are better than Ruth's Chris.
- Not what I expect from RithServiceEnthusiastDined on 6/27/2014This was my second time at this location, and everything was a miss. My waiter was in attentive and unknowledgeable. My steak did not arrive sizzling on the skillet. Even simple things like getting bread to the table took 20 minutes. For the price, I expect much more, and I was truly disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful! Wonderful!DoinwhatcomesnaturallyVIPDined on 6/25/2014David and the rest of the service team did a great job helping my wife and I celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. From some foil confetti on the table, which said Happy Anniversary, to the nice dessert that was also personalized, we had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- alwaysgoodluvthelobsterstarterDined on 6/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our entire experience. Consistently great food, service and views.Special Features:
- Another fine mealBobbDined on 6/21/2014We celebrated my girlfriend's birthday. We had a window table with a view, special birthday greetings and a complimentary birthday dessert with keepsake picture. A perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. The service remains impeccable and the food, albeit somewhat predictable, superbly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No So Good 14th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We were not pleased. My wife's food was wrong, then under cooked, and we had to ask for warm side dishes. After that it took a long time before anyone came to clear up the situation. It wasn't until I got up to look/ask someone to assist or see a manager so we could leave. This is not the service I expected from Ruth Chris. And this is not what we expected on our 14th anniversary. They removed my wife's meal and reduced my meal which helped but we were neither impressed nor looking to recommending as we have done before.
- Father's Day FailureRondaDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I attended this location for Father's Day and my experience was a total failure! We both ordered the Father's Day special, which was the rib-eye and lobster tails. When our food arrived, both our steaks were overcooked. When we finally got our waiters attention, who failed to check on us throughout the whole service, we told him about our steaks being overcooked and even showed him. Instead of our waiter immediately taking action to fix our order, he instead tried to say how this happened to another table and some crap about the lighting in the kitchen. Needless to say, they fixed us another steak and it was very bland and fatty. I can't believe these were prime cuts of beef!! Will never come back to here again!! BEWARE!!
- Father's Day BrunchDCVADinerDined on 6/15/2014First time at Ruth's Chris Steak House. Great view (Reagan National Airport). Excellent service. Only complaint...very noisy. We were seated next to a very loud party which detracted from the overall experience. The food was good...large portions and exactly as it was represented on the menu. I would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinglaughlicVIPDined on 6/14/2014Always consistent service across all locations. Everyone raved about the new fingerling potatoes. I thought they tasted like BBQ chips. I think the asparagus are always a healthier better bet.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed, oversalted.heartdcDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I had a gift certificate here, which we used to celebrate our one-year anniversary. I'd noted that it was our anniversary when I made the reservation. The only acknowledgment of this at the restaurant was some confetti on our table, and a half-hearted "Happy Anniversary" from our waitress, who didn't attempt to engage further than that perfunctory acknowledgement. Indeed, though the bussers were excellent, our waitress was clearly preoccupied and rushed - except, of course, when we wanted the check, at which time she was nowhere to be found. The steaks were good, but the rest of the food was so underwhelming I can hardly remember what we ate. Oversalted lobster mac with undercooked pasta was a lowlight. Nice DC views though.Special Features:
- Good view, not so good serviceJMFTVIPDined on 5/25/2014We were treated to an awesome view of the Capitol, but the service was less than what I am used to at Ruth's Chris. We waited for a while just to get our drinks and the wait staff was not very friendly or attentive. I will return, but will do so more for the food and the view than for the service.Special Features:
- Couldn't get my steak right.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014The one thing that has to be done right at a Steakhouse is the steak. It took 3 tries to cook my steak medium and they still messed it up.Special Features:
- Absolutely LOVE this location!!JohnnyDined on 5/22/2014Ruth's Chris in Arlington is a flagship steakhouse and restaurant without question!!!! I have been to competitors and even other Ruth's Chris locations but the Arlington Virginia location is top notch and NEVER fails to impress. Come to this location and I assure you that you will leave filled with the most amazing food and excellence in service...you will not be let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, expensive.OccasionalDinerDined on 5/22/2014It's hard to find a better steak dinner anywhere, Ruth's Chris is at the top of the game. The harvest salad was terrific, hadn't had one before, the description was enticing and it lived up to that promise. The petit filet was perfectly sized for so done who wants just a little less food, and was done to perfection. The sweet potato with pecan crusting was so good it could have been a dessert, but not sweet like candy, excellent. Found the wine overpriced, though, we had a bottle of a Pinot Noir that we but locally, it was nearly 3x what we pay for a bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impresseddontmakefoodmakerezVIPDined on 5/18/2014Not impressed with this restaurant. I expected better service, warm bread. Didn't like that I couldn't pick the section to sit. I left a message on open table that it was my hubby's B day and the hostess forgot??? We won't return.
- nice dinneracdr25Dined on 5/17/2014the food was outstanding, however, the service was a little lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruths Reviewcoolguy55Dined on 5/17/2014The food was good , the service was horrible not acceptable thought it would have been betterSpecial Features:
- Good Steak!!Wolverine1Dined on 5/17/2014Great place for a good steak! Pricy, but worth it! Good area in the crystal city area. Went for anniversary dinner and she loved it!!! Would go there again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.