Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
2231 Crystal Drive, 11th Floor
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3499/Arlington
- Phone: (703) 979-7275
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Ruderman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Arlington, VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Arlington offers private rooms for 12 guests or more. Semi-private space is available for up to 20 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Boone 8777744094
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Arlington, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (83)special occasion (76)romantic (56)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (33)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014Ruth Chris is a spectacular place to celebrate any occasion and especially to celebrate my friend's 80th birthday. The food was outstanding and stayed piping hot through the heated plates. Exceptional idea to do this and the food was perfect with each forkful. The sweet potato casserole was so inviting with every mouthful. The flavors gelled together to the point my mouth is watering now just to think about it. If I had to say anything negative it would be about the chocolate mousse dessert. I was not impressed with the flavors nor the three chocolate squares that garnished the dessert. The wine was a perfect compliment to the blackened salmon. What a nice treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceBrothaTyDined on 11/21/2014Had a wonderful waiter who was observant and prompt, food comes out fast and HOT, everything tasted wonderful. My lady & I had an awesome time. Cocktails were skillfully made and I enjoyed quite a few haha My filet was nice and tender and seasoned beautifully, the steamed baby spinach was fresh. Had a wonderful view from here to the National Harbor waaayyy in the distance while getting to watch planes land. Great location & atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect steaks and view, with service to matchDAytVIPDined on 11/20/2014Don't miss it if you like steak with a view. Everyone's steak, from the Cowboy Ribeye to the filets, were delicious and cooked to perfection and the lobster with the 6oz filet was the perfect sized entree. Save room for desert - the chocolate sin cake was rich enough to split and the bread pudding also was tasty. Service was attentive with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014The service was not all that, our water glasses were empty for a whole 20 minutes at one point. The food was not all that for a $170+ bill; our lobster mac was watery. We ordered cheesecake to go and the crust tasted burnt- we threw the cakes out.Special Features:
- Great Birthday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014It was my wife's birthday and I requested a window table when I made the reservation. Ruth's delivered in fine fashion. We had a table by the window and it was decorated with "happy birthday" confetti. Food was amazing and my wife received a free dessert complete with a birthday candle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DC viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014Everything was perfect including the unobstructed view across the Potomac from the Washington Monument to the National Cathedral and on to the Capitol Bldg. The food was cooked perfectly and in generous proportions.Special Features:
- Birthday formy wifePerJDined on 11/1/2014Food was amazing and we always love the view!! We will be back!!Special Features:
- Dad-Daughter Dinner Eventrm1966Dined on 10/26/2014Flew in from Germany for business and visited our daughter for a spontaneous dinner out. Fantastic dinner - wonderful service - great views! Wine list is extensive and waiter (Jack) was very knowledgeable and helpful. We split a Caesar salad and each ordered their 12/16 oz Rib-eye steaks with some garlic mashed potatoes - extremely tasty! Finished off the dinner with some chocolate cake (!) and espresso. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful meal!LuckyoneDined on 10/26/2014Delicious food, perfectly prepared. Quick service. Beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to celebrateLibbyVIPDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I don't get out often but decided on Ruth's Chris to celebrate our anniversary. The table had the perfect view, our waiter was amazing and the nice dessert surprise at the end made for the perfect outing.Special Features:
- Trick or treatilym420Dined on 10/24/2014I suppose the restaurant was getting ready for Halloween because when they brought our filets, the cooking order was reversed; I wanted medium well, while my friend wanted medium. They were different sizes (9 oz. versus 6 oz.) so we could not just switch. This was the trickery. The cheesecake was sinful. That was the treat. Otherwise, always a pleasant experience!Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceSmoochiesmommyDined on 10/24/2014We came to celebrate a couple of life events with friends. Our waiter's service took longer and longer throughout the meal. 20 mins after finishing our meal, I found the manager and told him that our waiter appeared to be overwhelmed and we had not been provided the dessert that came with our three course meal and others at the table were not offered dessert at all. The manager said he would see what's going on and I sat for another 5 min with no waiter nor manager in sight. I got up again and the waiter came with with my husband's birthday cake but our guests never were offered dessert. This is the second time in a row we've receive horrible service. We will go to the Baltimore location from now on even though it's further away.Special Features:
- Great FoodMitchVIPDined on 10/23/2014The service and food was great. It was a nice place to eat. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What It Once WasSweetsDined on 10/18/2014I would look forward to going to Ruth's Chris. It was romantic, and sophisticated with great food and great service; but my visit on Saturday was far from that. There were lots of kids, some of them were noisy, people were dressed in sweats. My server was great, but he did put in a plug for a great tip. The food was good. Ruth's Chris is the new Red Lobster/Red Robin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 5-star Elegant Dining ExperienceFineFoodLoverDined on 10/18/2014Ruth Cris is hands down the best food venue in all of DC/Northern Virginia. It overlooks the Airport and has a view of the Capitol. When youre not strung by price, this is the place you and you date will want to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday Dinner for meCucuburuDined on 10/18/2014I'd been looking forward to celebrating my birthday with my husband and youngest daughter. I'm glad we chose Ruths Chris - it was a great time and our Service was AMAZING. The steaks were delicious and perfectly cooked. The lobster tail was a weeee bit overcooked but now I am just nit picking - it was still great. To finish the meal I had the molten lava cake and that was PERFECT! Thanks for a lovely night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expected, yet still goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014This particular Ruth's Chris in Crystal City has been one of our absolute favorites for about 3 years now - every major celebration, we usually come here. This time, there was a large reception, that from what it sounded like, they may have been understaffed for. The service took a long time, though the food was delicious as always. The ribeye was a little tougher than expected, but that's the nature of always getting the filet, and switching over to the ribeye - just a different part of the cow! The drinks and harvest salad were also new things we tried and loved them. I would still highly recommend going here and for management to ensure there is plenty of staff to ensure the quality service we have always had on other nights. Cheers!Special Features:
- Excellent food, great viewsNYvisitorDined on 10/10/2014Always excellent food with great views. Bartender was a little slow. Took quite a while to get our first libation. The place was noisy so people who have difficulty hearing are adversely affected by the noise levels. The service is always great and friendly. Love going there and always enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OveratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Extremely loud inside, food is not that good. Your paying for the name. It literally took 20 minutes for our server to come to the table. Very disappointed!Special Features:
- AwesomeDAytVIPDined on 10/8/2014Perfect steaks, excellent service by David, and a killer view of DC and DCA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDianeDined on 10/3/2014Excellent as always! The menu and wine list are outstanding. We always come back often because we never have any complaints about the food, service or the ambiance. Great place for special occasions or celebrations.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dining!TeamWestBoundDined on 9/22/2014Jake (our server) was amazing and very knowledgable about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour, pricey mealDiningDorsVIPDined on 9/21/2014Great happy hour, pricey meal. Go early for affordable prices at the bar and 3 adjacent tables. $5 valet parking is great. 11th floor view over to DC is beautiful. Airport view is lovely at night. Dinner is expensive but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2014This is a beautiful setting for a special occasion. The staff went out of their way to make it a memorable affair. The staff greeted my wife with a happy birthday then showed us to a table already decorated with birthday scatters. Sam, our very attentive waiter also extended birthday greetings. A special touch was Sam taking a photo, printing it and inserting in a birthday memory folio. I would be remiss if I did not compliment the chef and kitchen staff for the wonderful food. The crabtini and shrimp appetizers were delicious and presented with flair. The petit filets were done to perfection and the loaded baked potato scrumptious as was the creamed spinach. A tasty birthday dessert topped off the meal and a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- An Anniversary to remembernotesfromRJDined on 9/17/2014After 32 years, Anniversaries seem to sneak up on you. This resulted in a last minute reservation. We were graciously received and made to feel welcomed as special guest from everyone from the Valet parking attendant, Hostess, Waiter and servers. Our request for a window seat was accommodated and when the hostess found out we were celebrating our Anniversary we were congratulated and our table was sprinkled with red Happy Anniversary confetti which added to the ambience of the setting. The service was efficient and attentive and the food very good and cooked to perfection. At the end of our meal we received complimentary a specially created desert. The evening was definitely one to remember.Special Features:
- Great foodSCinNYVIPDined on 9/16/2014Excellent steak with an outstanding view of the city. The restaurant made special arrangements for us to celebrate a birthday, which was a great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion...special evening!lisabeeDined on 9/14/2014The meal at Ruth's Chris was to celebrate a family birthday; I noted that in the reservation, and asked if we might have a window table. Our party was very, very graciously accommodated !! The meal was wonderful; filets were cooked to order, and melt-in-your-mouth tender. Very attentive staff...all in all, a super evening for a very special B-day celebration !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was lackingdceaterVIPDined on 9/9/2014It took 20 minutes for someone to take our order. I had to ask another server to place our order because our waiter was chatting with some lady at the bar. He never came to check on us and then took forever to bring the check. I immediately put my credit card in the sleeve but the server was busy talking with the the hostess. Spent at least an extra 45 mins there waiting for the server. Probably won't return because of it. The view is unique but not worth the bad service.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewBeautifulViewDined on 9/6/2014The table was sprinkled with "happy anniversary" glitter and the view was lovely. Ruth's Chris is a great place for a special occasion dinner, and the inclusive menu options reasonable.Special Features:
- Best Ruth Chris in DC AreaBond45Dined on 9/6/2014Outstanding experience, really great food and dining experience. Best Ruth Chris in Tri-state area (D.C. VA and MD).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placejcah3VIPDined on 9/5/2014This is one of my top 5 best places to eat in the DC area. The views are spectacular and second to none and the food is to die for !!!!!!! I tell all of my friends to come here and none of them have been disappointed!!
- It's not what it used to be.....ClassyGirlDined on 8/30/2014This was a special occasion for two very dear friends. The meal seemed rushed; the food was average and the ambiance was nothing more than average. The meal was way over priced for the bland experience it turned out to be.Special Features:
- Perfect for a Special Night Out!AJCheavesDined on 8/29/2014This was my wife's first time here as we were celebrating our 21st Wedding Anniversary! The food and service were terrific and specifically our steaks were "Out Of This World"! Thanks to Robert for taking good care of us on our special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room with a viewtboneDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great service and magnificent views of Potomac river, DC, and the Nations Capital.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedJohnPVIPDined on 8/25/2014When I arrived they had already seated my guest in an area just off the bar. This area not conducive to business discussion as was off to the side of the bar area. because it was going to be a slow night they were not seating anyone elsewhere in the restaurant.Special Features:
- 11th AnniversaryAnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014This was the perfect spot to have our anniversary dinner. The food was excellent and the wait staff was attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to schoolGDadDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I took our grandson and his girlfriend to Ruth's Chris for a back to college dinner. Arlington is a great loaction with a view of Regan Airport. Sam, our waiter, was very professional. Perfect pace on the meal, friendly and knowledgable about the menu. As usual the steaks at Ruth's Chris are excellent. Very tender and cooked to the proper temperature. We had a very nice time and the kids enjoyed their feast prior to going off to college and eating cafeteria food.Special Features:
- Surprisingly AffordableOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014Of course I've been to Ruth's Chris before. But with the addition of the Classic menu, you can have three courses and wine with dinner for around $100.00. I call that a bargain. The views are nice, but the food and service remain great. Best part is that it's not much of a compromise off the regular menu. Kudos, it's not just for special occasions anymore.Special Features:
- Great but lateNebboDined on 8/16/2014Food came very late other than that every thing was perfectSpecial Features:
- Under staffedLuvGreatMealDined on 8/16/2014I have dine at this Ruth's Chris many times and received outstanding service. I did not know it was restaurant week in Arlington. The family and I was going out to have a good meal. We where seated and here is where the experience change from previous visits. It took 15 minutes before our server to acknowledge we existed. I question the time, because he passed the table several times. He stated we are real busy. He got better over time, but I think the whole restaurant was operating on that theme. Medium well steak come out bloody....sent it back twice and the garlic mushed potatoes where loose....to much butter I will give them another shot. Everybody have a bad day. Usually a 5 Star experience all the waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.