Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis
301 Severn Ave.
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-annapolis.com/
- Phone: 4109900033x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Dana Olson - 410.990.0033 - firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (55)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- First time in AnnapolisPasadenaSkipperDined on 10/18/2014I've enjoyed several Ruth's Chris locations. In spite of living in the Baltimore area most of my life, this was my first visit to the Annapolis location. A very pleasant experience - food was up to the standard I expected (steak requested Pittsburgh rare - done perfectly!), service was superb, atmosphere was very classy and appealing. A good place to go for a fine meal, a romantic dinner, or a special celebration.Special Features:
- Good, but not a good valuedonniegDined on 10/18/2014The service was very good, the food was good and the atmosphere was nice; but considering the cost, it was not a good value. Maybe it was the combination of the food we ordered or maybe it was the chain's Louisiana origins, but there was way too much butter on our appetizers, sides and entrees. If you want heavy, rich food and cost is only a minor consideration, then this is the place for you.
- Very good DinnerkarenDined on 10/17/2014We had a great birthday dinner for our daughter. Can only come here for special occassions due to $$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Michael1Dined on 10/13/2014First of all the atmosphere was fantastic. The valet service was great. The hostess was polite and and very professional. The waiter Ken was polite and professional as well. He was also very informative knowing the menu and drink selections very well. The food was outstanding and the anniversay dessert was a delicious rich chocolate treat. I'd definitely recommend this for a romantic dinner date or for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteGems50Dined on 10/6/2014Our dinning experience for my husband's 50th birthday was so nice. The atmosphere was perfect, waiter and food was certainly on point as well. We truly enjoy every part of it, even the "rich" chocolate birthday cake! Thanks for making this a spectacular date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Meal!!!dgoff58Dined on 10/5/2014I took some family members to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Annapolis to celebrate my promotion. We were seated immediately and greeted by our waiter in just minutes. Our waiter was friendly, attentive and professional. He was enthusiastic about the menu and made some excellent recommendations. Everyone in my party raved about their steaks and the side dishes. I highly recommend the smoky chipotle fingerling potatoes. My porterhouse was the best steak I have had in quite a while. I can't wait for the next reason to celebrate with an evening at Ruth's Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dinner for 6EmElEmDined on 10/3/2014The perfect weather allowed us to sit outside on the patio for our party of 6 in October. It was warm with a light breeze, quiet and very attractive and cosy. Our server Daniel was very good - attentive without being intrusive. The steaks and seafood were delicious and cooked perfectly, the sides were good and the dessert was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CountrygurlDined on 10/3/2014It was a first visit for my husband & I; an anniversary gift from a family member. At first we thought; a bit expensive for a steak but it was a gift; so we gave it a try. The service & food were fabulous!! Worth "every" dime; it's not something we could afford very often but it is definitely on our list of "special restaurants" to re-visit! We couldn't eat all of our steaks; so we brought them home and we were quite surprized that the next morning when we had our leftovers for breakfast w/eggs; they heated up very well and were still delicious!! Great Restaurant!!! I can't get over how "fabulous" the steak really was & the service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We were sat upstairs near the service steps, and the food runners made a TON of noise going up and down the steps. It was the first time I've had a bad experience due to the ambiance. I'll just make sure to request not to sit there again, however the managers should be aware of the noise level. I know they are just trying to get the food out quickly, and I appreciate the effort.
- Top Notch but a bit priceyKeithDined on 9/26/2014The service was outstanding. The food was very hot when served. The decore is warm and frendly although the room we were in felt a bit like a small hotel ball room not a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/26/2014I tend to not visit chain restaurants but I always make an exception for Ruth's Chris. The steaks are always cooked to perfection and the service is always good. My group started out with calamari and ahi tuna appetizers, both were awesome. Two of us ordered petite felet's one regular size felet and a bond in ribeye. All steaks were presented as ordered. We also ordered many of the alacart sides and a few bottles of wine. With the exception of the server forgetting a serving spoon, the service was flawless. This place is a little pricey but for me the quality is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunToniDined on 9/23/2014We had a great time at this location. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakGourmanVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is a family favorite we try to eat here at least monthly. The staff is very friendly we always receive great service. The steaks are prepared just as you want. We always come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-optimalMoMoDined on 9/19/2014We went for my husband's birthday and frankly expected a more satisfying experience all around. The food, service, ambiance, etc would have been fine at a TGI Fridays or Outback price point; however, we expected a more upscale experience which we've received at other Ruth's Chris restaurants.
- A Great ExperienceDaveDined on 9/18/2014This was not our first visit, but previous visits were infrequent due to the pricey menu, but then we got an email advertising King Crab Legs at 1.5 pounds for $39.00. We went and the service was the best as well as the food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Lovelyahd140Dined on 9/17/2014Impeccable service and food keep us coming back. Thank you Simon!
- perfect as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014our yearly anniversary dinner, great service and steak cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedBobsReviewsDined on 9/3/2014Waiter was perfunnctory nearly devoid of personality. Green beans undercooked; they made up for it by overcooking the scallops. Fortunately, the filet was prepared as requested. Asked for a quiet table, and was seated in a quiet alcove on a wednesday evening. That lasted a whole 10 minutes when a noisy group with children were seated almost next to us despite the staff knowing my wishes and despitw other seating being available. Prices way too high: $45 for an 11 oz filet; ten bucks for a side of green beans; $9 for a small 4 or so ounce glass of sparkling wine, etc. On a much more positive note, the parking valet was excellent & we were able to escape the area quickly. Recommend u pass on this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceamhmcDined on 8/26/2014The food is outstanding and plentiful. The service was top notch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014excellent meal. great service. as usual. All remembered it was my anniversary.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/16/2014Our reservation time was honored as was our confirmation request for table location, which was greatly appreciated. The dinner was excellent and the service matched it. Waiter was professional and attentive but not intrusive. All in all, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Last Friday evening was my first visit to Ruth Chris Steak House, at the Annapolis location. What a treat! From start to finish, the evening was amazing. The food was fantastic, our waiter was superb, and I had a wonderful evening! I'll definitely be visiting again in the near future.Special Features:
- Perfect celebration dinner!JennDined on 8/15/2014We went here for our five year anniversary, and they made the evening extra special with rose petals and dessert. The steaks were cooked perfectly to our liking, and were very delicious! The staff was also very attentive and polite. We sat outside on the patio, which was quiet and romantic. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014Noted in OpenTable comments that we were celebrating a friend's birthday. The attention to detail and birthday wishes from staff were exceptional! As always, the food was delicious. My absolute favorite Ruth's Chris location by far!!Special Features:
- Great FoodAnnapolisFoodieDined on 8/5/2014We had not been to a Ruth's Chris for several years. Our experience on this day made us wonder why we hadn't. Our steaks were perfect -- perfectly cooked, perfectly tender. The Lyonnaise Potatoes were great. The creamed spinach was also wonderful. We also had a banana pudding dessert that was heavenly. We will definitely return in the near future.Special Features:
- Great SteakGourmanVIPDined on 8/3/2014We are in a way regulars, because whenever we want a good dining experience we choose Ruth Chris' Steak House in Annapolis. I rest my case. See you real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 33rd Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014It was OK. I expect more from this steak house. Good wine list and good wine. Filet was very good. Rib Eye was fatty and tough. The service was average; couldn't keep water glass full and never offered to refill bread. $30 lobster tail was over broiled and dried out. Skip it. Then waiter made a $17 error on the bill by charging us for our desert which was included in base price of meal. The waiter fixed it but I expect greater attention to detail at a Ruth's Chris. Not horrible but not great.
- CarlDined on 8/1/2014GREAT FOOD, GOOD SERVICE. PEOPLE WERE VERY KIND, NOISE WAS OK. I WOULD GO THERE AGAIN IN THE FUTURE.Special Features:
- Romanticdiner1Dined on 7/26/2014Our server was discreet but attentive. The food was perfect great flavor and hot when served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food a little offSeaCrisVIPDined on 7/26/2014Well, you can't do it every night of course but that is what I have come to expect. The service was slow and the steak over-cooked. I have eaten at Ruth's Chris many times, and this is the first time I have every rated it only "good". At these prices, you expect very good or excellent every time. I will be back again and hopefully Ruth's Chris will be as well.Special Features:
- Quiet Romantic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Our plan to have a secluded, romantic dinner was perfect, thanks to the table location and lighting on the second floor of this location. The food, service and overall dining experience was excellent.Special Features:
- CelebrationKnitnonnaDined on 7/25/2014We were celebrating my husbands hospital release with our daughters family and wanted to take advantage of the lobster special. We enjoyed the dinner very much and the service was excellent. Our grandsons (10 and 6) excellent eaters both enjoyed their meals as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionPerfectniteDined on 7/20/2014It was my first time dining at Ruth's Chris and it was an great experience. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary so we both thought it was very romantic. Our waiter was so helpful, the food was amazing. At the end our waiter brought out our dessert and he took the liberty to decorate our plate in chocolate with it saying "Happy Anniversary". Couldn't have asked for a better evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dinner out for great lambJane212Dined on 7/18/2014Unfortunately the food was sub par!! The waiter was amazing. The layout of restaurant not a great building forclassy quiet Ruth Chris. Downstairs the bar was loud obnoxious. Bad lambSpecial Features:
- Lobster at a Steakhouse?vjdantoneVIPDined on 7/18/2014Yes....Lobster. Received an email about a 2 pound lobster special for just $30! How could I resist!! And what a treat - not only does Ruth's Chris Steak House have GREAT steaks,,,,they KNOW how to cook a lobster! Succulent & cooked perfectly. And, as always, wonderful and attentive service.Special Features:
- DanDanEarlyDined on 7/8/2014Out to celebrate our anniversary Disappointed in the lack of dress code, t-shirts, flip flops. You are supposed be a special place to go, didn't think I was going to Outback - a turn off . Your staff were great but probably will cash out my rewards points and not go back. Everyone tells me Lewnes is better but I kept on defending RC,. I can't choose recommendation category above that is the truth so I chose wine listSpecial Features:
- Still the best steak in townAbeFrohmanDined on 7/6/2014If you know what to ask for you can have a REALLY great meal here. If you're looking to not be interrupted, request the upstairs, the dining there is quiet and wonderful. The bar area is "spirited", no pun intended. It's loud. Great wine list and the food itself is excellent. No frills, just a great steak and the sides are equally delicious. It's a sure bet I'll be satisfied when I leave. Just request an area of the restaurant that will provide the atmosphere you want or you might end up having trouble enjoying that wonderful food.
- great night outKateDined on 7/5/2014Dinner and service was great! My husband and I don't get out much and are always very please when we go to Ruth Chris! It's top on our list!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014The manager was very accommodating to my special request. Food and service was great as wellSpecial Features:
- Great Experience, Average SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I took my fiance to Ruths Chris for her Birthday. The Service was outstanding the restaurant was nice. my fiance really enjoyed her Filet. I had the Ribeye. It was cooked exactly how I ordered. The steak itself was average. It was somewhat disappointing. overall the evening was good just wish the steak was better. Maybe, Ill order the Filet in the future. I just like a well marbled ribeye. My fiance had a great time, that is all that matters.