Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis
301 Severn Ave.
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-annapolis.com/
- Phone: 4109900033x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Dana Olson - 410.990.0033 - email@example.com
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (56)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Lovelyahd140Dined on 9/17/2014Impeccable service and food keep us coming back. Thank you Simon!
- perfect as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014our yearly anniversary dinner, great service and steak cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedBobsReviewsDined on 9/3/2014Waiter was perfunnctory nearly devoid of personality. Green beans undercooked; they made up for it by overcooking the scallops. Fortunately, the filet was prepared as requested. Asked for a quiet table, and was seated in a quiet alcove on a wednesday evening. That lasted a whole 10 minutes when a noisy group with children were seated almost next to us despite the staff knowing my wishes and despitw other seating being available. Prices way too high: $45 for an 11 oz filet; ten bucks for a side of green beans; $9 for a small 4 or so ounce glass of sparkling wine, etc. On a much more positive note, the parking valet was excellent & we were able to escape the area quickly. Recommend u pass on this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceamhmcDined on 8/26/2014The food is outstanding and plentiful. The service was top notch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014excellent meal. great service. as usual. All remembered it was my anniversary.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/16/2014Our reservation time was honored as was our confirmation request for table location, which was greatly appreciated. The dinner was excellent and the service matched it. Waiter was professional and attentive but not intrusive. All in all, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Last Friday evening was my first visit to Ruth Chris Steak House, at the Annapolis location. What a treat! From start to finish, the evening was amazing. The food was fantastic, our waiter was superb, and I had a wonderful evening! I'll definitely be visiting again in the near future.Special Features:
- Perfect celebration dinner!JennDined on 8/15/2014We went here for our five year anniversary, and they made the evening extra special with rose petals and dessert. The steaks were cooked perfectly to our liking, and were very delicious! The staff was also very attentive and polite. We sat outside on the patio, which was quiet and romantic. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014Noted in OpenTable comments that we were celebrating a friend's birthday. The attention to detail and birthday wishes from staff were exceptional! As always, the food was delicious. My absolute favorite Ruth's Chris location by far!!Special Features:
- Great FoodAnnapolisFoodieDined on 8/5/2014We had not been to a Ruth's Chris for several years. Our experience on this day made us wonder why we hadn't. Our steaks were perfect -- perfectly cooked, perfectly tender. The Lyonnaise Potatoes were great. The creamed spinach was also wonderful. We also had a banana pudding dessert that was heavenly. We will definitely return in the near future.Special Features:
- Great SteakGourmanVIPDined on 8/3/2014We are in a way regulars, because whenever we want a good dining experience we choose Ruth Chris' Steak House in Annapolis. I rest my case. See you real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 33rd Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014It was OK. I expect more from this steak house. Good wine list and good wine. Filet was very good. Rib Eye was fatty and tough. The service was average; couldn't keep water glass full and never offered to refill bread. $30 lobster tail was over broiled and dried out. Skip it. Then waiter made a $17 error on the bill by charging us for our desert which was included in base price of meal. The waiter fixed it but I expect greater attention to detail at a Ruth's Chris. Not horrible but not great.
- CarlDined on 8/1/2014GREAT FOOD, GOOD SERVICE. PEOPLE WERE VERY KIND, NOISE WAS OK. I WOULD GO THERE AGAIN IN THE FUTURE.Special Features:
- Romanticdiner1Dined on 7/26/2014Our server was discreet but attentive. The food was perfect great flavor and hot when served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Food a little offSeaCrisVIPDined on 7/26/2014Well, you can't do it every night of course but that is what I have come to expect. The service was slow and the steak over-cooked. I have eaten at Ruth's Chris many times, and this is the first time I have every rated it only "good". At these prices, you expect very good or excellent every time. I will be back again and hopefully Ruth's Chris will be as well.Special Features:
- Quiet Romantic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Our plan to have a secluded, romantic dinner was perfect, thanks to the table location and lighting on the second floor of this location. The food, service and overall dining experience was excellent.Special Features:
- CelebrationKnitnonnaDined on 7/25/2014We were celebrating my husbands hospital release with our daughters family and wanted to take advantage of the lobster special. We enjoyed the dinner very much and the service was excellent. Our grandsons (10 and 6) excellent eaters both enjoyed their meals as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionPerfectniteDined on 7/20/2014It was my first time dining at Ruth's Chris and it was an great experience. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary so we both thought it was very romantic. Our waiter was so helpful, the food was amazing. At the end our waiter brought out our dessert and he took the liberty to decorate our plate in chocolate with it saying "Happy Anniversary". Couldn't have asked for a better evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dinner out for great lambJane212Dined on 7/18/2014Unfortunately the food was sub par!! The waiter was amazing. The layout of restaurant not a great building forclassy quiet Ruth Chris. Downstairs the bar was loud obnoxious. Bad lambSpecial Features:
- Lobster at a Steakhouse?vjdantoneVIPDined on 7/18/2014Yes....Lobster. Received an email about a 2 pound lobster special for just $30! How could I resist!! And what a treat - not only does Ruth's Chris Steak House have GREAT steaks,,,,they KNOW how to cook a lobster! Succulent & cooked perfectly. And, as always, wonderful and attentive service.Special Features:
- DanDanEarlyDined on 7/8/2014Out to celebrate our anniversary Disappointed in the lack of dress code, t-shirts, flip flops. You are supposed be a special place to go, didn't think I was going to Outback - a turn off . Your staff were great but probably will cash out my rewards points and not go back. Everyone tells me Lewnes is better but I kept on defending RC,. I can't choose recommendation category above that is the truth so I chose wine listSpecial Features:
- Still the best steak in townAbeFrohmanDined on 7/6/2014If you know what to ask for you can have a REALLY great meal here. If you're looking to not be interrupted, request the upstairs, the dining there is quiet and wonderful. The bar area is "spirited", no pun intended. It's loud. Great wine list and the food itself is excellent. No frills, just a great steak and the sides are equally delicious. It's a sure bet I'll be satisfied when I leave. Just request an area of the restaurant that will provide the atmosphere you want or you might end up having trouble enjoying that wonderful food.
- great night outKateDined on 7/5/2014Dinner and service was great! My husband and I don't get out much and are always very please when we go to Ruth Chris! It's top on our list!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014The manager was very accommodating to my special request. Food and service was great as wellSpecial Features:
- Great Experience, Average SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014I took my fiance to Ruths Chris for her Birthday. The Service was outstanding the restaurant was nice. my fiance really enjoyed her Filet. I had the Ribeye. It was cooked exactly how I ordered. The steak itself was average. It was somewhat disappointing. overall the evening was good just wish the steak was better. Maybe, Ill order the Filet in the future. I just like a well marbled ribeye. My fiance had a great time, that is all that matters.
- Good food and serviceKimsCupcakeryDined on 7/5/2014We went for my husband's birthday. Every dish we had was great. Nothing to disappoint. Parking wasn't the best in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EVERYTIME IS FINE DININGChefCharlieDined on 7/4/2014As the First Certified Executive Chef for the White House Food Service Program, my wife and I recently celebrated our Anniversary - July 4th at Ruth Chris. Each dining experience is more then what we expected. Out of most fine dinning restaurants along the east coast, we can surely say that Ruth Chris is at the top five.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific dinnerbsandDined on 7/3/2014best meal we had there in awhile food delish--ken our waiter was terrificSpecial Features:
- theredladyVIPDined on 6/30/2014The steak wasn't up to par, the halibut was dry and there were no potato chips for the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special occasion go-toLisa21012Dined on 6/29/2014We went again for a birthday celebration, and it was fantastic as always. Wait staff very attentive, all food was perfectly prepared. Steaks perfect, and the fish was also wonderful. Table of 2 adults and 8 children were coming in at 9:00 pm as we were leaving, glad we were done! They did attempt to put them in a back secluded room, but we were back there too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unmatched Service & FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Ruth's Chris is well known for their steaks but the service at the Annapolis location will definitely keep us coming back. If you are dining at this location, ask for Simon, he is THE BEST!Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014I didn't care for the tropical bread pudding, but otherwise the meal was wonderful. Service was excellent and timely.Special Features:
- Excellent evening at Ruth's ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2014Food was outstanding. Service was excellent. The Annapolis location beats the Bethesda location hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualBodieDined on 6/18/2014We were running a bit late for our reservation, due to an accident in the area backing up traffic. We were received with kindness and understanding. Service and food were great as usual.Special Features:
- FATHERS DAY DISAPOINTMENTTOMFROMBOWIEDined on 6/15/2014RESERVATION WERE MADE AS THE RESULT OF AN E-MAIL I HAD RECEIVED FOR A FATHERS DAY SPECIAL. I GO TO THIS RESTAURANT SEVERAL TIMES A YEAR, AND DECIDED WE WOULD GO FOR FATHERS DAY. THERE WAS TO BE A SPECIAL MENU AND ALSO A $25 DOLLAR GIFT CARD TO BE GIVEN AT THE END OF THE MEAL. THE E-MAIL SPECICFLY NOTED THE ANNAPOLIS LOCATION FOR THESE SPECIALS, AND THIS LOCATION IS THE ONLY ONE I GO TO ANYWAY. UPON MY ARRIVAL AND SEATING, I INQUIRED ABOUT THE SPECIALS AND WAS TOLD THE MANAGER HAD NO KNOWLEDGE REGARDING SAME, AND ALSO THE SERVER MENTIONED THAT SEVERAL OTHER PATRONS HAD ALSO INQUIRED ABOUT THE SAME THING. ANYWAY WE DID HAVE DINNER AND IT WAS GOOD AS ALWAYS AND LEFT. NO RESPONSE FROM THE MANAGER OR TABLE VISIT FROM HIM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak EverBlueCheeseCrustSteakLoverDined on 6/14/2014Literally the best steak I've ever eaten. I had stopped eating beef for a while and my fiancée took me to Ruth's Chris for my birthday...We talk about the steaks at least once a week. lol We literally think about what the next visit will be while we're still there. I love it, the only thing I would could say that isn't perfect is the noise level. Our first visit was a slow week night and there was still a bit of noise. So we went Father's Day weekend and, well I'm sure you could imagine. We will definitely visit Ruth's Chris' Steak House again, maybe next time we'll visit another location. :) The food is PHENOMENAL though. If I find that all locations are this noisy I would definitely still visit without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruth chrisfoodie123Dined on 6/14/2014had a lovely dinner. there was some discussion because we were there for their 3 course special dinner menu at the $43.95 price point. We were initially told that this restaurant was not a corporate one - privately owned and that the special was not being offered ( it was on the website and on TV). Anyway, the manager honored the request so we were pleased.Special Features:
- Glad I made this choice!Pick00lDined on 6/7/2014I had two nights in Annapolis with my wife for her birthday. We wanted a steak and I was tossed between RC vs, the local Lewnes steakhouse. Both had good reviews. We chose RC and were pleased with the end result. From the second we walked into the place we were warmly welcomed. Not once were we wondering where the staff were. They were right on, the entire dinner. Our main waiter Kurt was awesome. Made recommendations on wine for my wife based on her tastes. It was her birthday and they placed rose pedals on the table and brought her chocolate cake at no charge. My wife loved it...and my steak was exactly what I am used to from RC. Never disappointed! Thanks for the great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticdatenightDined on 5/24/2014It was our anniversary. We were looking for something different, somewhere we had never eaten before. Someone suggested Ruth's Chris Steak House. I found one in Annapolis, MD. We spent the afternoon walking around Annapolis enjoying the waterfront, and had dinner reservations at 7pm. It was fantastic in every way! The food was so delicious, perfectly cooked and everything was so flavorful. There was a lovely anniversary desert presented after our meal. Our server was awesome, very friendly and knowledgable and attentive.Special Features:
- The following 918 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Annapolis reviews archive.
- diningoutDined on 5/18/2014This is the nicest Ruth Chris I have been to. Quiet and elegant, Professional Wait Staff, Fabulous area.Special Features: