Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
402 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rusty-scupper.com/
- Phone: 4107273678x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Miranda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rusty Scupper Restaurant, voted Baltimore's "Best Waterfront Dining" by Baltimore Magazine can accommodate private and semi-private events ranging from 10 to 500 guests. We specialize in corporate events, rehearsal dinners, cocktail receptions, holiday events, crab feasts, and other private parties. Please contact the Sales Department for more information and Banquet Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Smith 4107273678x
- Entertainment: Piano player Monday - Saturday evenings, Jazz Band Sunday Brunch: 10:45am - 2:00pm
A word from Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
505 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (427)special occasion (293)romantic (216)good for groups (161)great for brunch (149)fit for foodies (114)neighborhood gem (86)great for lunch (84)notable wine list (83)kid-friendly (68)hot spot (59)late-night find (38)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (22)Show More
- ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014You go to this restaurant for the view and location and everyone should try it just once. For stuffed shrimp and a crab cake for two the food is not worth the 93 dollars paid. One of those places if you go to the inner harbor of Baltimore it is worth a try.Special Features:
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We have been to the Rusty Scupper 2 times in the past 2 weeks. The first night we had reservations our table wasn't ready and there was no apology and in fact the person was a little rude. Instead of saying "I'm so sorry but people have been sitting longer than we expected" or something would have been nice other than "that just happens" The next time we ate there it was over the 200th anniversary of the Star Spangled Banner and we did not know they had a limited menu for the weekend. Had we known that we would not have eaten there. Both entrees our guests from out of town wanted were not on the limited menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AltogetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My Fiance and I had reservations for 8pm but found that we wanted to eat at 6:30 instead we arrived there at 6pm and asked if we could be seated at 6:30 and wait at the bar, they were very nice and accommodating, we sat at the bar for only about ten minutes and then were seated for dinner! We had a wonderful romantic dinner, our waitress was very friendly but not overbearing and gave us our space. The food was out of this world, we both ordered the crab cakes with stuffed jumbo shrimp, every bite was delicious. The view of the inner harbor was beautiful as we watched the sun set. Overall, I loved this restaurant and will definitely want to come back one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We were seated on time even though the restaurant was very busy due to the star spangled banner festival. Our meal of crab cakes was very good and were not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab leg disasterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Food was way too expensive for the quality. $65 for over cooked Alaskan Crab Legs. They were rubbery and dry. Service was average. We heard this place was the best.... I sure hope notSpecial Features:
- Best BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I keep coming back for Sunday brunch. The food is yummy; the scenic view of the river is lovely; and, the jazz is not jumpin' so loud that you can't have a good conversation.Special Features:
- Great view! Overpriced menu.finksdudeDined on 9/12/2014Our "special occasion" experience was fitting for the occasion, especially during Baltimore's grand Star Spangled Spectacular celebration. We knew going in that we were going to be paying more for the view than the food. Too bad the view looking east was blocked by a huge private yacht!!! The service was great - our server was very attentive & earned herself a good tip. Now the food. I understand that a prime location with a spectacular view of a big-city harbor can command pricey dishes. However, I believe the meals are overpriced, especially given the average quality of the food. Come on Rusty Scupper - you can do better than this! Let's give your diners something to remember, and something to return for, besides the view!Special Features:
- Memorable experienceluvFineDiningDined on 9/11/2014Went to Rusty Scupper - Baltimore for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. They gave us a great table as requested, food and ambiance were very good. The service was fine. The manager stopped by to ask if everything was going right. All in all a very good experience.Special Features:
- fabulous view of the harbordisappointedVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is a quintessential "view" restaurant. The view of the harbor is the deal. The food is average to above average. The service was excellent. If you are expecting a culinary tour de force you will be disappointed. Having said all that....the view was fabulous. They do also have a free shuttle that services the downtown hotels. It was a good value and enjoyable meal when the view is taken into account.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business ownerarteatsgoodDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed dinner very much. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing. We have visited your establishment several times in the past. Actually we have had a couple company Christmas dinners there and always been satisfied. This occasion was with an important business associate from out of state and we wanted him to experience one of the nicest spots in town. He loved it. He loved the meal and was especially impressed with the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of trip to BaltimorekellVIPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent menu -- great wine list! Had the stuffed shrimp and steak, plus crab cakes were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014From the moment you enter the door you are blown away. The blues of the decor that highlight the harbor so well. The entire staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely attentive. The food melts in your mouth. We started with the seared tuna and the crab dip. The best recommendation i have for you, do not miss the combination plate which includes a Maryland lump crab cake and crab stuffed shrimp. The wines and the desserts were both top notch as well. An experience not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Wonderful views of the harbor. If you like fish dishes, this is the place. Also, the crab cakes are excellent. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- ET1234Dined on 9/8/2014The main problem was that most of the fish was overcooked. Not so bad as to warrant returning to the kitchen, but definitely disappointing.
- L❤️ve It!FoodJunkieDined on 9/7/2014As usual, the food was delish! Our waitress was great. I was stuffed by the time I left and had to walk around the harbor afterwards! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPrincess35Dined on 9/7/2014This had to be one of the best places that I have been at in my adult lifetime and I would recommend this restaurant to anybody.Special Features:
- Excellent food, a bit priceydanzeDined on 9/7/2014The brunch at Rusty Scupper was delicious and there were plenty of choices. The seafood tasted fresh and was well prepared. Rusty Scupper is a bit more expensive than many restaurants I go to, but the food and ambiance makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Memories MadeablessedcoupleVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had a very memorable evening with my family and fiance celebrating my brothers birthday and mine. The service was great, food delicious and the restaurant exquisite. Could not have asked for a more memorable evening celebratin two happy occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, OK FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Had the signature crab cakes and they were dry and tasted as though they had been prepared earlier and just heated up. No sauce as advertised. Same thing with mashed potatoes. The green beans were good. The specialty cocktails were way too sweet and not sure if they had any alcohol. Great view but I wont be back.
- Hits the mark againPhylfromBmoreDined on 9/5/2014We live close and the Rusty Scupper has become one of our favorites! Service, atmosphere and most important, the food all hit the mark again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusty Scupper - September 2014ShelbabeeDined on 9/1/2014Food is good but not great. Amazing food and friendly attentive waitstaff.Special Features:
- Great locationMillyDined on 8/31/2014It's within walking distance of many hotels and overlooks the harbor and marina. The food was so good we returned for a second night !Special Features:
- OverpricedAstewDined on 8/31/2014Let me start off by saying that the view of the harbor was beautiful from where we were seated and that the waitress was pretty good. The food however was blahhh. Steak was over cooked, mahi mahi was nothing spectacular, the rice was dry and the crab cake was jus terrible!Special Features:
- Great food, Great SceneryRFCDDined on 8/31/2014Great food and service. You must try the crab dip it is out of this world. Beautiful view of the Inner Harbor in Maryland.Special Features:
- Best brunchDebbieDined on 8/31/2014It is always a relaxing, serene experience at Rusty Scupper. Great service. Delicious food. Beautiful view of boats coming in and out of the Harbour. It is my favorite place for brunch and special celebrations.Special Features:
- Rusty Scupper is greatCallowDined on 8/31/2014If you are looking for a jazz brunch with great music and wonderful food, you need to visit The Rusty Scupper on Sunday mornings from 10:30 am til 2:00 pm. What a great experience.Special Features:
- Amazing Brunchfmof2Dined on 8/31/2014We visited the Rusty Scupper for Sunday brunch and were amazed at the quality and variety of the food available. The staff were wonderful as was our view of the inner harbor. The brunch includes shell fish, breakfast, salad and lunch items as well as select breakfast cocktails such as mimosas and sangria. We would definitely recommend this restaurant for brunch and wish we could go more often.Special Features:
- Annual Anniversary DestinationALoverofFoodDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I dine at the Rusty Scupper every year for our anniversary dinner. We haven't been disappointed in 10 years. The view is great. The food is always served hot and fresh. A great wine list and the service is outstanding. The Rusty Scupper is always a part of our anniversary/birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went here for a birthday dinner with wife and friends. Had a great view of the inner harbor. The food was very good. Had the rockfish, which I had never had before. My wife had the same. Hers was excellent and a bit moister than mine. My piece was thicker and a little bit dry but still had good flavor. The server was excellent and very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Busy, selection limitedfoodperfectDined on 8/30/2014Nice view. Waitress running around nonstop, hard to catch her to add to order. Seems like a fast assembly line, trying to push people through system. Ran out of Lobster special. Calamari and Crab Cakes were great. The other entrees were average. Would have enjoyed the food variety, service and prices of Red Lobster better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salty farefinediner212Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I recently dined at the Rusty Scupper and although the view was wonderful, the food was average at best. I ordered one of the evening specials which was the crab cake and lobster tail. My food was very very salty. I have high blood pressure and do not salt my food and I don't understand why restaurants think they have to add so much salt. It should be the diners preference on how much seasoning to add. High quality restaurants don't have to mask the taste of their food with so much salt. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Best View in the CityScottDined on 8/30/2014As advertised on the view. Food and ambiance were very good. Crab was very good. Service was a bit spotty. Struggled with the initial drink order but rallied. We got the idea the server was not up to speed on the bar/drink infomation. Overall would recommend.Special Features:
- We had an amazing timeBCGroupDined on 8/30/2014We made a reservation for 5pm, but we got their late by 45pm. Not only did the manager honored our reservation, he gave us the best scenic view in the whole restaurant. I had a sermon dish, which my lady had a steak dish. We my lady got her steak, we found that the stake was too well done and it tasted hard. When our server, Logan, inquired about the food, we told him that the stake was to my lady's liking. Without saying any words, he gently took the stake away from in front of her and he politely asked if my lady wanted something else. When she order a sermon dish as well, the manager of the restaurant came by and deliver the new order himself. We has a magnificent time at Rusty Scupper and we plan to go back again! The food was..wow!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yankDined on 8/30/2014Good food and excellent service. Specials on menue were great!Special Features:
- Rusty the bestLindaVIPDined on 8/29/2014great crab cakes and rockfish! Restaurant had OSU team/bus but the service was still outstanding!Special Features:
- Rusty ScupperJiMuzikDined on 8/29/2014The crab cakes were outstanding! Rusty Scupper is a Baltimore landmark, not to be missed. Beautiful view of the inner harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced foodDaynaDined on 8/29/2014Not only is the food overpriced, but it is not great. It seems you are paying for the nice view.
- Rusty ScupperrosiedinerDined on 8/29/2014Overall, the experience at this restaurant was disappointing. We had a nice view of the harbor and, though only two of us, were seated at a table for four. The larger groups in the restaurant appeared to be jammed into each other. The dishes were ok, though not particularly interesting. The salmon and crab cake entrees were good. The vegetables and rice were very buttery and overcooked and might appeal to some. The flourless chocolate cake had no subtlety at all, and they could just as well given us a pound bar of good chocolate. The prices for entrees were out of sync with the quality of food. Had the tab been half of what it was, this review would have been much more positive.
- Dining with a viewslrcpaDined on 8/29/2014Views are beautiful. Food was very good but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProfDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and view. Perfect inner harbor spotSpecial Features: