Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
402 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rusty-scupper.com/
- Phone: 4107273678x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Miranda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rusty Scupper Restaurant, voted Baltimore's "Best Waterfront Dining" by Baltimore Magazine can accommodate private and semi-private events ranging from 10 to 500 guests. We specialize in corporate events, rehearsal dinners, cocktail receptions, holiday events, crab feasts, and other private parties. Please contact the Sales Department for more information and Banquet Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Smith 4107273678x
- Entertainment: Piano player Monday - Saturday evenings, Jazz Band Sunday Brunch: 10:45am - 2:00pm
A word from Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
492 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (415)special occasion (284)romantic (208)good for groups (155)great for brunch (141)fit for foodies (105)neighborhood gem (85)notable wine list (85)great for lunch (77)kid-friendly (65)hot spot (60)late-night find (38)great for outdoor dining (33)vibrant bar scene (22)Show More
- Good brunch at the Inner HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014Signature attraction of the Rusty Scupper is the wonderful view of the Inner Harbor - that's a given. We were there for Sunday brunch, which offered a terrific array of choices - typical scrambled eggs, omelets, bacon, sausage, & French toast, along with an excellent selection of fruits, seafoods (shrimp, oysters, mussels), meat and pasta dishes, the works. And a very nice jazz combo for background music. Food quality was excellent, everything was fresh, well prepared, tasty. Service was excellent, from the reception desk to our table - cheerful, welcoming, helpful, responsive but not obtrusive. In a word, very professional. All in all, a very pleasant dining experience, much better than the average franchise fare.Special Features:
- Delicious foodMoetteVIPDined on 9/28/2014The best brunch I have in year. Delicious food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014our server was very attentive. the food was wonderful. if you went away hungry it was your own fault. such a wide variety of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend and I returned to the Rusty Scupper for an exceptional dining experience yet once again. The Maryland crab soup was exceptional. We both had fish however my girlfriend's cod was not cut correctly and wound up being difficult to cut and was very tough. She informed the waiter and within a minute the manager was at our table to address the problem. Great service and food.Special Features:
- Still SpectacularP34C3Dined on 9/27/2014The view is fantastic and the food compliments it well. We were there for lunch on a busy Saturday. The waitress was very attentive even though half of our party was late arriving and we had completely finished our meal by the time that they did. It was like we had all arrived together! They were afforded the same great service and attention we had just enjoyed. It could not have been any better!Special Features:
- Our friends and us loved it!EaterybuffDined on 9/21/2014Great service, food, view, and ambiance. Elegant but NOT stuffy. Loved it - we'll be back!Special Features:
- Brunch Happy in BaltimoreAngelDined on 9/21/2014The Brunch topped the Brunch at the Hopkins Club. The choices were so fantastic that I started with Breakfast and moved to Lunch. I ended with Dessert, which just topped the entire meal. I hope to make this my Sunday Brunch place, next time I will share this with me Family members. Thank you for the best Brunch ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014We have been to the brunch several times and it was always awesome! This was my birthday special request birthday brunch. We were seated quickly. Took ten minutes for someone to acknowledge us at the table. The food did not seem as tasty as before. The waffles were cold, hard to get a second cup of coffee. Birthday cake, they did do, yeah, but the cake was tasteless. The whole experience was lackluster. Would not go back again. It is a beautiful spot, though...Special Features:
- Great view but tasteless food!GFDiningDined on 9/20/2014Unfortunately our food was less than average. Scallops were overcooked and rubbery (with some grit!), steak was not well seasoned and tough, and overall -the food was not spectacular. The view was amazing and our waiter was pretty good. Too bad the food wasn't great!!! Our bill - with wine and beer - for four people ended up around $350. Definitely too pricey for less than average food.
- AwesomeJsb2148Dined on 9/20/2014Must try! Great food. Amazing view. Fabulous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014A great place to enjoy a fine dining experience with a view of Baltimore's Inner Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service experiencegoodstuffVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great view, decent food, bad service experience. The waiter did not return my credit card and I failed to notice until 2-hours later. When I called they stated they did not have it. So I cancelled thinking it was stolen. Aggravation but do-able. Monday I call to discuss with management and they have the card and no apology ... just a 'it happens' attitude. Not heading back next time in Baltimore.
- Absolutely the best!NoraGodivaVIPDined on 9/19/2014When it comes to seafood with class...and a view to die for....go to Rusty Scupper! Service is impeccable!! Management is absolutely wonderful! Fave waiter: Darius! He is absolutely one of the best! One of the managers, Trayvon, is very polite, and always has a smile for us whenever we come! He makes sure we are all comfortable! However, EVERYONE at this restaurant is especially warm and friendly! I will recommend this place to any and everyone that asks for the best place to eat seafood in Baltimore City!Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodlamdDined on 9/19/2014We're always happy with the delicious food and top-notch service at the Rusty Scupper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not goodKevinDined on 9/18/2014The service was great. The view was great. Not as romantic as I would of liked. Very loud atmosphere. A lot of large groups. Also the menu did not have very many lactose free options. Most sauces were cream based. We ended up ordering the special which was lobster and mine was shoved into a pile of mashed potatoes which was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Dinner ChoiceAtcruiserDined on 9/18/2014I only get the pleasure of visiting Baltimore about once a year but I will always make sure that this restaurant is one of my choices while in town. I've yet to have anything less than stellar service and amazing food when I go. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great viewsDuckyVIPDined on 9/18/2014Our table by the window offered great views as we dined with our friends. We enjoyed the flavors of our entrees except that the fish was cooked a bit more done than we expected.Special Features:
- Great View...not so great food.GolfguysDined on 9/16/2014My dinner partner and I both had crab cakes...they were metalic in flavor ....almost as if they had been sitting in Lemon Juice for a couple of days. My steak was over cooked and the side items were just so so.... The service was great....in fact the food came in less than 15 minutes.....kinda fast for $50 a plate....made me wonder if they were already made.... Especially after a big weekend at Inner Harbor.Special Features:
- Deene3Deene3VIPDined on 9/16/2014We made a reservation with a window view of the Harbor. It was a beautiful view and delicious food, with fantastic service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValueJustOnceDined on 9/14/2014You go to this restaurant for the view and location and everyone should try it just once. For stuffed shrimp and a crab cake for two the food is not worth the 93 dollars paid. One of those places if you go to the inner harbor of Baltimore it is worth a try.Special Features:
- A little disappointeddinealotDined on 9/14/2014We have been to the Rusty Scupper 2 times in the past 2 weeks. The first night we had reservations our table wasn't ready and there was no apology and in fact the person was a little rude. Instead of saying "I'm so sorry but people have been sitting longer than we expected" or something would have been nice other than "that just happens" The next time we ate there it was over the 200th anniversary of the Star Spangled Banner and we did not know they had a limited menu for the weekend. Had we known that we would not have eaten there. Both entrees our guests from out of town wanted were not on the limited menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AltogetherNYCFoodieDined on 9/14/2014My Fiance and I had reservations for 8pm but found that we wanted to eat at 6:30 instead we arrived there at 6pm and asked if we could be seated at 6:30 and wait at the bar, they were very nice and accommodating, we sat at the bar for only about ten minutes and then were seated for dinner! We had a wonderful romantic dinner, our waitress was very friendly but not overbearing and gave us our space. The food was out of this world, we both ordered the crab cakes with stuffed jumbo shrimp, every bite was delicious. The view of the inner harbor was beautiful as we watched the sun set. Overall, I loved this restaurant and will definitely want to come back one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outoftownguestsDined on 9/14/2014We were seated on time even though the restaurant was very busy due to the star spangled banner festival. Our meal of crab cakes was very good and were not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab leg disasterFromNC2MDDined on 9/14/2014Food was way too expensive for the quality. $65 for over cooked Alaskan Crab Legs. They were rubbery and dry. Service was average. We heard this place was the best.... I sure hope notSpecial Features:
- Best BrunchAIMBYDined on 9/14/2014I keep coming back for Sunday brunch. The food is yummy; the scenic view of the river is lovely; and, the jazz is not jumpin' so loud that you can't have a good conversation.Special Features:
- Great view! Overpriced menu.finksdudeDined on 9/12/2014Our "special occasion" experience was fitting for the occasion, especially during Baltimore's grand Star Spangled Spectacular celebration. We knew going in that we were going to be paying more for the view than the food. Too bad the view looking east was blocked by a huge private yacht!!! The service was great - our server was very attentive & earned herself a good tip. Now the food. I understand that a prime location with a spectacular view of a big-city harbor can command pricey dishes. However, I believe the meals are overpriced, especially given the average quality of the food. Come on Rusty Scupper - you can do better than this! Let's give your diners something to remember, and something to return for, besides the view!Special Features:
- Memorable experienceluvFineDiningDined on 9/11/2014Went to Rusty Scupper - Baltimore for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. They gave us a great table as requested, food and ambiance were very good. The service was fine. The manager stopped by to ask if everything was going right. All in all a very good experience.Special Features:
- fabulous view of the harbordisappointedVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is a quintessential "view" restaurant. The view of the harbor is the deal. The food is average to above average. The service was excellent. If you are expecting a culinary tour de force you will be disappointed. Having said all that....the view was fabulous. They do also have a free shuttle that services the downtown hotels. It was a good value and enjoyable meal when the view is taken into account.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business ownerarteatsgoodDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed dinner very much. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing. We have visited your establishment several times in the past. Actually we have had a couple company Christmas dinners there and always been satisfied. This occasion was with an important business associate from out of state and we wanted him to experience one of the nicest spots in town. He loved it. He loved the meal and was especially impressed with the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of trip to BaltimorekellVIPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent menu -- great wine list! Had the stuffed shrimp and steak, plus crab cakes were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014From the moment you enter the door you are blown away. The blues of the decor that highlight the harbor so well. The entire staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely attentive. The food melts in your mouth. We started with the seared tuna and the crab dip. The best recommendation i have for you, do not miss the combination plate which includes a Maryland lump crab cake and crab stuffed shrimp. The wines and the desserts were both top notch as well. An experience not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Wonderful views of the harbor. If you like fish dishes, this is the place. Also, the crab cakes are excellent. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- ET1234Dined on 9/8/2014The main problem was that most of the fish was overcooked. Not so bad as to warrant returning to the kitchen, but definitely disappointing.
- L❤️ve It!FoodJunkieDined on 9/7/2014As usual, the food was delish! Our waitress was great. I was stuffed by the time I left and had to walk around the harbor afterwards! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPrincess35Dined on 9/7/2014This had to be one of the best places that I have been at in my adult lifetime and I would recommend this restaurant to anybody.Special Features:
- Excellent food, a bit priceydanzeDined on 9/7/2014The brunch at Rusty Scupper was delicious and there were plenty of choices. The seafood tasted fresh and was well prepared. Rusty Scupper is a bit more expensive than many restaurants I go to, but the food and ambiance makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Memories MadeablessedcoupleVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had a very memorable evening with my family and fiance celebrating my brothers birthday and mine. The service was great, food delicious and the restaurant exquisite. Could not have asked for a more memorable evening celebratin two happy occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, OK FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Had the signature crab cakes and they were dry and tasted as though they had been prepared earlier and just heated up. No sauce as advertised. Same thing with mashed potatoes. The green beans were good. The specialty cocktails were way too sweet and not sure if they had any alcohol. Great view but I wont be back.
- Hits the mark againPhylfromBmoreDined on 9/5/2014We live close and the Rusty Scupper has become one of our favorites! Service, atmosphere and most important, the food all hit the mark again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusty Scupper - September 2014ShelbabeeDined on 9/1/2014Food is good but not great. Amazing food and friendly attentive waitstaff.Special Features: