Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
402 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rusty-scupper.com/
- Phone: 4107273678x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Miranda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rusty Scupper Restaurant, voted Baltimore's "Best Waterfront Dining" by Baltimore Magazine can accommodate private and semi-private events ranging from 10 to 500 guests. We specialize in corporate events, rehearsal dinners, cocktail receptions, holiday events, crab feasts, and other private parties. Please contact the Sales Department for more information and Banquet Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Smith 4107273678x
- Entertainment: Piano player Monday - Saturday evenings, Jazz Band Sunday Brunch: 10:45am - 2:00pm
A word from Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
511 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (434)special occasion (309)romantic (232)good for groups (169)great for brunch (160)fit for foodies (108)notable wine list (90)great for lunch (86)neighborhood gem (83)kid-friendly (70)hot spot (65)late-night find (37)great for outdoor dining (33)vibrant bar scene (26)Show More
- salty farefinediner212Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I recently dined at the Rusty Scupper and although the view was wonderful, the food was average at best. I ordered one of the evening specials which was the crab cake and lobster tail. My food was very very salty. I have high blood pressure and do not salt my food and I don't understand why restaurants think they have to add so much salt. It should be the diners preference on how much seasoning to add. High quality restaurants don't have to mask the taste of their food with so much salt. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Best View in the CityScottDined on 8/30/2014As advertised on the view. Food and ambiance were very good. Crab was very good. Service was a bit spotty. Struggled with the initial drink order but rallied. We got the idea the server was not up to speed on the bar/drink infomation. Overall would recommend.Special Features:
- We had an amazing timeBCGroupDined on 8/30/2014We made a reservation for 5pm, but we got their late by 45pm. Not only did the manager honored our reservation, he gave us the best scenic view in the whole restaurant. I had a sermon dish, which my lady had a steak dish. We my lady got her steak, we found that the stake was too well done and it tasted hard. When our server, Logan, inquired about the food, we told him that the stake was to my lady's liking. Without saying any words, he gently took the stake away from in front of her and he politely asked if my lady wanted something else. When she order a sermon dish as well, the manager of the restaurant came by and deliver the new order himself. We has a magnificent time at Rusty Scupper and we plan to go back again! The food was..wow!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced foodDaynaDined on 8/29/2014Not only is the food overpriced, but it is not great. It seems you are paying for the nice view.
- Rusty ScupperOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Overall, the experience at this restaurant was disappointing. We had a nice view of the harbor and, though only two of us, were seated at a table for four. The larger groups in the restaurant appeared to be jammed into each other. The dishes were ok, though not particularly interesting. The salmon and crab cake entrees were good. The vegetables and rice were very buttery and overcooked and might appeal to some. The flourless chocolate cake had no subtlety at all, and they could just as well given us a pound bar of good chocolate. The prices for entrees were out of sync with the quality of food. Had the tab been half of what it was, this review would have been much more positive.
- Dining with a viewslrcpaDined on 8/29/2014Views are beautiful. Food was very good but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProfDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and view. Perfect inner harbor spotSpecial Features:
- Overpriced and disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We did not want to go to one if the chain restaurants. This Food disappointed, returned a filet 2x. Striped bass was good rest disappointed. Very Overpriced for portion size. Poor service with attitude. Scenic views.Special Features:
- too much saltOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014I had the soup and "Boston Baked COD". "Boston Baked COD" - too much salt on the fish, vegetable and the mesh potato. I don't understand why the chief cooked it like that, the Cod is really a bad choice. Since there are a lot of other seafood restaurants, I will not visit this one, no more.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFoodForThoughtDined on 8/25/2014The Rusty Scupper offers a wonderful dining experience. The food is excellent and the service is top notch. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceConnieVIPDined on 8/24/2014The view, food and service were good. There were many children and the noise level was high. One couple asked to be moved. Not a good choice for people trying to relax!Special Features:
- Best in Downtown BaltimorewalkerbobDined on 8/24/2014From easy parking to Great Harbor views, and finally the best menu in Baltimore. Don't miss this one!!!Special Features:
- Great but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Everything about the restaurant was excellent, but we won't visit it very often because it's so expensive.Special Features:
- Great place!!!CandyDined on 8/24/2014The Sunday brunch was fantastic! I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATTastieDined on 8/24/2014This is a restaurant for all occasions. Its extremely romantic especially at dusk and beyond. The service is always IMPECCABLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchJTGrandIslandDined on 8/24/2014Gorgeous view!!!!Went for Sunday brunch and was not disappointed! The omelet stations were amazing with a ton of items to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerCRK3Dined on 8/23/2014We were in town for the weekend. The Rusty Scupper had good reviews and was a scenic walk from our hotel. We had a great meal and great service. I highly recommend taking the recomendations from the server. We ended up with a much better dinner than i think we would have otherwise. Also, the kids enjoyed it too becasue they got look at all the boats.Special Features:
- Wife's birthdayWifes31stbirthdayDined on 8/23/2014Took my wife and a couple friends for dinner to celebrate my wife's 31st birthday ... Everything was wonderful from the food to the service ... They made sure we was very comfortable and our needs was met ... The good was awesome ... I read a lot of bad reviews and I can honestly say it most of just been a bad night Because everything was awesome seriouslySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HQMCDined on 8/23/2014Spent the weekend in Baltimore for our 25th wedding anniversary. Rusty Scupper was recommended and it didn't disappont. I got the scallops and my wife the lobster with crab filling. Both entrees were tremendous. Great window seats with a perfect veiw of the Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok, would recommendjt300Dined on 8/23/2014food is good, wine list varied, little pricey but acceptable for location, ambiance and service... appetizer selection good, all meal portions moderate size... MD crab soup and bread w/ house roasted garlic dip very good... most always have seafood special offerings as add-on to menu... would recommend... better for adult dining, just ok for small children, do have limited kids menu... great view of Baltimore Inner Harbor from nearly every table in dining areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLovefoodDined on 8/22/2014Great food, knowledgeable staff, great views, awesome place!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long-awaited returnseafoodnutsDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had been out of the area for some time and were very much looking forward to a return visit to the Rusty Scupper. We had a beautiful harbor-view table right at sunset. The disappointment was in the food. The fried oyster appetizer was significantly over-cooked and the main dishes, I had blackened sea scallops and my wife had crab cakes, just lacked the careful preparation we remembered from the past. Nothing stays the same forever, I guess. The place is also VERY noisy.Special Features:
- Wonderful afternoonMagyarManDined on 8/21/2014My brother-in-law is visiting from his home in the Marshall Islands. He ,my wife and I had a wonderful late lunch. We all truly enjoyed ourselves.Great food , nice view and Malik our server was outstanding and took our banter with excellent whit. The parking was very convenient and reasonable. Thanks for a wonderful afternoon!Special Features:
- Nothing to disappointLizzieTDined on 8/21/2014If you want lunch with a great view of the Baltimore harbor, this restaurant can't be beat. We stuck to seafood choices and were very happy with our meals. Large portions for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!1ManorTavernFanDined on 8/20/2014We chose The Rusty Scupper for our anniversary, & we are so glad that we did! We made our reservation on Open Table & indicated that we were celebrating our anniversary & would like a table with a good view. We were taken to our table, right by the window, so thank you for listening! Our server, John, was awesome. He was friendly, super knowledgable & very attentive. Our fried oysters were great as our app. I ordered the Tilapia Francaise. The portion was huge, & the flavor was amazing! My husband had the Rockfish Chesapeake. It was good, but a little bland. We didn't want dessert, but John still brought us complimentary champagne for us to toast! We had an amazing experience! Thank you, John and the team at The Rusty Scupper! See you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodJenuhGDined on 8/19/2014excellent surf and turf. great service. nice ambiance however there were several children here at this visit and i do not think that it is a child appropriate restaurant. not the restaurants fault, but i wish they would not allow children after a certain timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Inner Harbor ViewOneCuteCookieDined on 8/17/2014Because of the view, Rusty Scupper is one of my favorite Baltimore restaurants. During this visit, our waitress was pleasant and the service was timely. The mahi mahi was moist and well seasoned and the lobster meat was sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!!Buster0875Dined on 8/17/2014What a great place!! From beginning to end the food, staff, atmosphere and location were all superb!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/17/2014I started my brunch with a made to order omelette (sp?). Choices included shrimp, crab, ham, tomatoes, spinach, cheese, etc. I opted for the crab of course and was a bit disappointed. It had no seasoning and tasted very bland. Everything else was good but I would not recommend getting crab or shrimp in your omelette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, Drink, Laugh, Relax & EnjoyfoodadventuristDined on 8/17/2014Rusty's brunch is absolutely scrumptious. It can not get any better when you have a wonderful variety of food coupled with the scenic view of the Inner Harbor and bottomless champagne and mimosas. The shrimp and scallop mac and cheese was to die for. It was a perfect way to spend a Sunday with my family. It is a bit pricey but oh well, you only live once (YOLO), so enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitadinerDined on 8/17/2014This was a great place to dine. The ambiance was lovely and the scene just breath taking.Special Features:
- OutstandingIluvseafoodDined on 8/16/2014This was my first time having a dinner party for my birthday and I wouldn't have pick any other place. The service was great. Everyone was so nice,friendly, and very helpful. The view was so breath taking. The restaurant was so beautiful inside and would so recommend this place and anybody. The food was alittle high for my liking but it was so worth every bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a bit of a landmark place.WG1987Dined on 8/16/2014Great views, convienient parking. I almost expected such a place to have mediocre food, but I was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnickersDined on 8/16/2014We had dinner on Saturday, party of 5 everyone enjoyed their dinner, great service, ambience, everyone was very pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly very good.RedheadDined on 8/15/2014The aspect I found most surprising was the noise level. My husband and I were seated at a table for 2 right by the window and we had a beautiful panoramic view of the city and the harbor. However, the noise level was such tht we had to lean forward to speak to each other and be heard. A number of times, both my husband and I had to cup our ear to hear what the other was saying. I think they need to decide if they are going to be a quiet romantic place or a noisy anything goes kind of a place. I don't think the two go very well together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of town experience. ..Shoediva27Dined on 8/15/2014Food was and continues to be excellent. Best restaurant hands down in the Inner Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmingILikeToEatDined on 8/13/2014Had high hopes, but not worth the price... Went for my daughter's 10th birthday. My wife's Mahi Mahi was over cooked, we had to ask them to take the dirty plates when the dinner came, and the waiter brought a piece of cake for my daughter with dirty dishes from the meal still at the table. For $230 for a family of 4, I would think there would be better service. Our waiter seemed lost, or brand new with no training, and when my older daughter asked another waitress that was just standing around where the bathroom was, she acted like she was being disturbed. She just said over by the hostess and turned away... Not what I would expect for an empty Wednesday night.
- Delicious!summer14Dined on 8/13/2014Great food and great view! The crab cake was amazing! I also highly recommend the Seafood Fra Diavalo. YUM!Special Features:
- Renewed RomanceKindleRomanceagainDined on 8/13/2014My partner and I have been so busy with our grown kids and grandchildren we needed this romantic outing to re kindle the passion. This time out was a great opportunity to accomplish that. Very good food, atmosphere, and service. We have not been to Rusty Scupper in two years and it is good to know everything was just as good as we remember.Special Features:
- Great views and foodKASLDined on 8/12/2014Great for special vacation dinner. Outstanding views and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.