Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
402 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rusty-scupper.com/
- Phone: (410) 727-3678
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner:3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Miranda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rusty Scupper Restaurant, voted Baltimore's "Best Waterfront Dining" by Baltimore Magazine can accommodate private and semi-private events ranging from 10 to 500 guests. We specialize in corporate events, rehearsal dinners, cocktail receptions, holiday events, crab feasts, and other private parties. Please contact the Sales Department for more information and Banquet Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Smith 4107273678x
- Entertainment: Piano player Monday - Saturday evenings, Jazz Band Sunday Brunch: 10:45am - 2:00pm
A word from Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
452 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (375)special occasion (281)romantic (202)good for groups (161)great for brunch (122)fit for foodies (113)notable wine list (77)neighborhood gem (73)great for lunch (68)hot spot (54)kid-friendly (52)late-night find (30)great for outdoor dining (27)vibrant bar scene (22)Show More
- Always delivers!GoodFoodVIPDined on 11/23/2014The food is always fresh and delicious, the service is always great, and the views can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning view of the other side of the harborOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We had to reschedule our reservation because my flight was delayed and we got lost there on the way from DC, yet 2 1/2 hours late and they got us in and seated immediately. Whoever designed the layout of the room knew what they were doing, every seat no matter which side of the table you were sitting, had a stunning view. There were many groups there, lots of happy conversations and a great background piano Player. Not too loud, just right. The crab cakes were the best I've had in Baltimore and definitely make sure your party gets the artichoke crab dip. We were really tired and Too full but wished I had ordered dessert to go- next time. Also, along the restaurant/water it was great to walk off a stuffed belly before driving home. Best location in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014The food was just "OK". We ordered the surf and surf special. Crab cake and a lobster tail. The crab cake was nothing special and was a little burned on the bottom. The lobster tail was pretty bland and not sweet at all. I had to add a lot of lemon and butter to flavor the lobster tail, which is never a good sign. The waiter was nice. The view is beautiful. We were able to ride their shuttle from our hotel to the restaurant, which saved the cost of a cab ride. If you are visiting from out of town, be sure to check into this free service. We probably will not go back. We will try somewhere else.Special Features:
- outstanding service, view and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014One of the finest restaurants on Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Their happy hour is super and their view of the harbor is unreal. Would highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business meetingMikeDined on 11/20/2014View impressed clients, service was great. When my client explained he felt the spinach was a little salty the waiter offered to take back but my client refused saying he would eat around. 1 minute later a plate full of string beans was brought to the table with an apology from the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceOhiohanna13Dined on 11/19/2014Held a 6 person business entertainment dinner and everything was amazing. This is definitely a "go to" spot when in Baltimore. Food was great, wine list was extensive and our server (Christine) made our experience a fantastic one. This business dinner now sets the standard for all future business dinners. View of the city rivals the Chicago view from Navy Pier. 5 stars is simply not enough for our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been Five Stars but . . .PaulgDined on 11/16/2014A group upstairs were dancing and stomping and added to the noise level which otherwise would have been perfect. I will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mother Scupper?jmb45Dined on 11/15/2014Used to be a Rusty Scupper in the Chicago area, but it disappeared years ago. Visited Baltimore and was pointed to the Rusty Scupper in the Inner Harbor area, perhaps the only one left. The original? Don't know. Anyway, it's a huge place on the water, lots of good views, bustling. Good food, not outstanding. Expensive wine by the glass -- $14! There's a courtesy van that'll take you back to your hotel. Go for the view, other places will better serve your taste buds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy diningHorseIsHappyDined on 11/15/2014This place has excellent food, a great view and great service. It's highly romantic but the alcohol is VERY overpriced... We found the bottle of moscato retailing for $5.99... And yet we got charged $30 for the same bottle. Otherwise, I highly recommend this place. Great bread, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!Ak10Dined on 11/15/2014My fiancé and I had a great experience here for dinner on Saturday night. The place was decked out with Christmas decorations and white lights, which gave it a festive look without looking tacky. Our server Tim was awesome - very attentive and friendly. Our good was good / Coconut shrimp appetizer, I had the lobster tail and crab cake, and my fiancé had the rockfish Chesapeake special. I got a little tower of butter with a tea light candle inside to keep my butter warm! Super cute. Dessert was Apple bread pudding which also soooo good. My lemon drop martini was also verrrry good. Would definitely recommend. We came dressed up, but there were casual people as well - so you can decide how you want to roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 11/15/2014We dined at the Rusty Scupper for a 60th Birthday Celebration. Our food was delicious, the view was amazing and the service was great. Our waitress brought a piece of chocolate cake for the birthday girl without any request from us....the pianist played "Happy Birthday" on the piano for her. Lovely time....would definitely do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Awesome dining experience for group of 12. Food & service was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusty Scupper was fantastic well worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I was celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary and was very impressed with the restaurant, the service our waitress and the management team the view was magnificent we highly recommend the restaurant to friends and we're looking forward in returning for another great dinning experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chicauditorDined on 11/15/2014We went on a saturday for lunch when visiting the aquarium. The view was incredible. The food was great and the server was very nice. I would definately say almost anyone would enjoy a meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOktapodi1Dined on 11/14/2014Great experience, very good service, best place in town. Live music is a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect dinner experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014The good was amazing and the view was peer deft from where we sat. Looking back into the harbor it was the perfect view for visitors in for the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent.SaraDined on 11/13/2014Wait staff (Tim!) knew the menu well and made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ronb94Dined on 11/12/2014Exellent service and a nice view of the harbor. Tuna was prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBMore2014Dined on 11/10/2014The perfect place for locals, visitors and guests to enjoy wonderful well prepared food in a lovely environment with an excellent view!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014Excellent dinner and atmosphere. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Romantic and accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We went for our 1 year anniversary and it was perfect. They gave us a gear table right by the window and really made us feel special. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelDined on 11/9/2014This is our first time at this restaurant. We took a trip for my wifes birthday and celebrated here. If we come back to the Baltimore area, I'm sure we will frequent this restaurant again. Food was wonderful and the service was the same. The staff made sure we were well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal after the gameRPS3VIPDined on 11/9/2014Our family adjourned to the rusty scupper after the ravens game last Sunday. They had a wonderful selection the seafood, and I had a bouillabaisse that that beat any I ever had. The calamari was crispy and light and had a wonderful sauce. We will be back next time we're in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchsuecqDined on 11/9/2014My daughter and I went to the Sunday Jazz Brunch for my Birthday. The food was very good and there was plenty to chose from on the brunch buffet. The jazz music added a nice touch and the view was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014This was the best brunch I have ever had. The food was terrific and the service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/9/2014Everything was OUTSTANDING. The brunch buffet was fresh, attended to, attractive, kept full, and had an excellent variety of foods. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrTre1199VIPDined on 11/9/2014Great food. Good ambiance. Awesome views of the harbor!!! Service could have been much better. Everything is world class but the service. This is the only reason you didn't get 5 Stars.Special Features:
- Inner Harbor SuccessHowieDined on 11/8/2014The food, service and view from our window side table was spectacular. Our servers treated were very polite and knew the menu very well. The food was excellent…crab cakes were to die for and Rock Fish too. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusty Scupper Over-deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I recently had a special occasion dinner planned and requested a window table for my girlfriend and I. When we arrived, the flowers I had ordered were already on the amazing table they had placed in the corner of the restaurant, overlooking the whole harbor. It was a remarkable view. Our service was excellent and the food was over-the-top. Make sure you ask for the chocolate million layer dessert to finish your evening.Special Features:
- Seafood spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/8/2014Seasonal clam specials were fantastic. With such fresh, flavorful main seafood ingredients, don't go with fried options and choose the many others cooking approaches that will bring out the wonderful flavors of their products and sauces. Very disappointed that one cants order from the main menu during Sunday brunch time until 2 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- herbDined on 11/7/2014Food was excellent; service very attentive without being obtrusive. It was very crowded and very noisy - not a place for a quiet romantic dinner! You practically have to shout across the table to converse! Despite the crowds, the reservation system works and the wait is not too long. It's a bit pricey (fish & chips $24!) but you can get a shared appetizer, two drinks and two entrees for about $100. the view of the harbor is the best in the city, and you don't have to have a window table to see it......we lost our parking garage voucher but the manager was most accommodating with a note to the garage attendant.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusty Scupper Rocks!!SingingwaitressDined on 11/7/2014The girls and I were in town for a Sweet Adelines Intl Convention and wanted to have some local cuisine. We had a time constraint and the staff was extremely welcoming and accommodating. The items that we ordered with crab certainly represented the local flavor we were searching for. Yum! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky2426Dined on 11/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner at the Rusty Scupper. Our meal was made even more memorable by our server Logan. He offered several recommendations and answered our questions. Our family of four sampled many items on the menu. Appetizers included calamari, cream of crab soup and Maryland crab soup. Entrees included crab cakes, scallops, lobster tail and NY Strip Steak (and chicken tenders for the youngest member of our party). We asked our server to surprise us with his favorite desserts. These included the Smith Island Cake and Chocolate Indulgence. We were very pleased with all of our selections (although the seafood was a little salty for my taste). The view of the Inner Harbor is beautiful and the ambience of this restaurant is lovely!Special Features:
- Prices don't match the qualityGrandmaPDDined on 11/7/2014We were squeezed into a table. The back of my chair was touching the back of the chair behind me. Food was VERY expensive, and those prices should be paired with an elegant decor and atmosphere. And certainly not so close the chairs are touching. The view is beautiful. The food is OK. The experience does NOT warrant prices like that. Probably would not return. I suppose the location is very expensive to maintain. Unless the view is most important, skip the Rusty Scupper.Special Features:
- Group dinnerConfusedDined on 11/7/2014We had a group of 10 and needed good service to get to a show. It was great. We were not rushed and had time to spare. Wait service was really on top of everything.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014Our party of five had a wonderful evening with you. The food and the service were both wonderful.Special Features:
- A Romantic Place for SeafoodwxfoolDined on 11/6/2014We were looking for a nice seafood place in Baltimore with a great view of the harbor. The Rusty Scupper fulfilled both needs. My wife was most interested in crab cakes, and this place has a great recipe. There is a lot of meat and not much bread. I had a crab cake and shrimp stuffed with crab. Very good. The wine list is extensive, with something for everyone. Finish your meal with the key lime pie, and you won't be disappointed. It was comfortable, and had a romantic feel (low light, not to loud). It is pricey (no, this is not Red Lobster), but the quality was high so we didn't feel cheated. We would certainly recommend this someone visiting the area.Special Features:
- Must Visit if in BaltoimoreRickterDined on 11/6/2014I wanted to have a romantic dinner with my wife in celebration of her birthday. We made reservations and politely requested a window table IF available. I put this in the reservation comments without serious expectations. We arrived ON TIME to a very busy and comfortably crowded Rusty Scupper. Upon providing our name, we were guided to the only window table available with a magnificent view of the inner harbor. The food was excellent and carefully prepared. Donna treated us like celebrities. She was always smiling, professional, and she never left us waiting. Her personality really made our dining experience exceptional. Thank you for the food, fun, and character.Special Features:
- Quant AtmosphereluvgreatrestaurantDined on 11/5/2014Atmosphere is great and food is so tasty and delicious. This place is great for special occasions or small business associates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!fifthnoteDined on 11/3/2014We had drinks, appetizers, dinner, dessert & coffee. Excellent meal, excellent service (Malik was awesome). Expensive but worth every penny!Special Features: