Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
402 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rusty-scupper.com/
- Phone: 4107273678x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Miranda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rusty Scupper Restaurant, voted Baltimore's "Best Waterfront Dining" by Baltimore Magazine can accommodate private and semi-private events ranging from 10 to 500 guests. We specialize in corporate events, rehearsal dinners, cocktail receptions, holiday events, crab feasts, and other private parties. Please contact the Sales Department for more information and Banquet Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Smith 4107273678x
- Entertainment: Piano player Monday - Saturday evenings, Jazz Band Sunday Brunch: 10:45am - 2:00pm
A word from Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
477 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (399)special occasion (281)romantic (203)good for groups (145)great for brunch (132)fit for foodies (99)notable wine list (76)neighborhood gem (76)great for lunch (68)kid-friendly (55)hot spot (52)late-night find (39)great for outdoor dining (31)vibrant bar scene (21)Show More
- Rusty Scupper, BaltimoreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014Great views of Inner Harbor. Excellent service started moment we walked in the door and were warmly greeted by the manager, continued throughout the meal. Excellent cocktails, food and wine, desert and coffee. Good selection on both food and wine menus. They don't give anything away but, overall, prices are generally reasonable in view of the quality, the views and the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014The brunch has something for everyone. Food is very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014We had a group of 6 and the service and quality of the food was excellent - would highly recommend this Sunday brunch to all!Special Features:
- family eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My family and I were very pleased with the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner was averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The meal was good. Not outstanding. Service was lackluster. Example, I ordered a unsweetened iced tea. I got the iced tea, but had to ask for sweetener. Attention to the little things like this are what separates an ok experience to an outstanding. Price was high. I do expect better service when the establishment is charging top dollar.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I picked the Rusty Scupper restaurant to celebrate our birthdays. It had been over 15 years since the two of us have had dinner there and the changes were amazing. The restaurant is beautiful, and we were lucky enough to have a table by the window that made it even more wonderful. The Martini I had was the best ever [I wish I could remember the young lady's name who made it for me] and the food was delicious. Thank you for this most memorable evening at the Rusty Scupper.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Every detail was perfect! Service, food, view, ambience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014When visiting Baltimore, a water taxi ride to the 'Scupper is a must. We celebrated our daughter's 1st marathon here with a table by the water and were pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedDined on 10/17/2014The host was fantastic. Our server was attentive. My dinner was absolutely deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Yes the food was good but most notable was the service. Although the waiter made a small mistake with our order, he and the manager went above and beyond to make it right with us.Special Features:
- Awesome view but ok foodlaviniaDined on 10/15/2014I was celebrating my best friend's birthday and a double rainbow appeared when we entered the restaurant after a nasty day of rainy weather. It was a special celebration with complimentary and delicious chocolate cake. Harbor view was spectacular and service was excellent. Everything seems perfect to the hot bread & dip but the main entrees which were disappointing. The crab cakes and stuffed tilapia with crab meat were mushy. The sides of green beans and wild rice were perfectly cooked to my liking though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same foodWolfeDined on 10/12/2014I've been here several times and I was initially impressed by the ambiance, scenic view of inner harbor, and the food. On my subsequent visits, I found out the the food was the same as my last few visits. This time, I didn't love the food as much as before, maybe since the novelty has worn off. The sirloin was terrible, very rubbery and the server/carver was not very hospitable. The shrimps are small like baby shrimps! No crab cakes? I'd rather go to the buffet at Marriott Waterfront ... Food is 10x better even though not as extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing can explain!WeRhookedDined on 10/12/2014From the scenery to the lavish buffet, the food was epicable beyond imagination. The savory flavor of the juiciest most tender steaks , to the refined meticulous seasoning of the mussels, our mouths were literally a place of heaven for the 45 minutes my partner and I shared in your establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staycation fab!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We were originally going to go to Ouzo Bay, but the menu turned me off not recognizing all of the feature foods. However since we were staying in the Inner Harbor I used yelp to find the this location. The reviews were amazing and I have to say our time there was even better. We had a fantastic waitress named Maggie. Maggie was so sweet, kind and witty. Knew everything on the menu w/o even looking. Made great suggestions. Just please make sure you all stop by and ask for MaggieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience25n2016Dined on 10/11/2014A co-worker came to see the new Baltimore Horseshoe Casino! Where the Casino was lacking in their overall percentage of monetary give backs at the slots, the Rusty Scupper made up for it 10x over in the food department!Special Features:
- 1st time2eatandgreetDined on 10/11/2014First time dining at Rusty Scupper; good choice. Great food, service and ambiance. Views of the Inner Harbor were great! Great place to go for a romantic dinner. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Good food not great price valueSuzyDined on 10/11/2014Food good. Not great price value. Larger portions or less price.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ServicerxdayDined on 10/10/2014My girlfriend and I arrived after 9 pm and were promptly seated with great view. The food and service was excellent. I loved the Fried Oysters and stuffed shrimp. My girlfriend loved the Lobster. I will return next time I am in Baltimore.Special Features:
- Lovely food and good serviceTonyMDined on 10/10/2014Will definitely re-visit this place, lovely food and excellent location with harbor views and the waitress was very attentive helpful and politeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect B-Day RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I have a great time dining at Rusty Scupper with family and friends for my birthday. The food and ambiance was excellent. My family and I are already planning to return. Thanks for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Great Food!TwhityDined on 10/10/2014Great view and Great food! Brought my girlfriend there on Friday night. I got the Crab Cakes and they were amazing! She had the Cream of Crab soup and she said it was great. It was a little different from most crab cakes I've had in the area but amazing!(Think that had something to do with the sauce they put on top of it)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the usual excellenceJoeTexVIPDined on 10/10/2014We make this visit an annual ritual in conjunction to our visit to the Annapolis Boat Show-once again worth the drive. The restaurant again honored our request for "our" small corner table overlooking the inner harbor. Our waiter was excellent-attentive but not overbearing. The crab cakes were outstanding, but accompanying lobster tails on the evening "surf and surf" special was a bit tough. Not sure if it was the lobster or the prep, but not up to the Scupper's normal product. Dinner was topped off with the multi-layer cake with Godiva chock let icing and a Bailey's-a fine closing to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DessertskadedoyinDined on 10/10/2014I experienced the Rusty Scupper for the first time taking a friend to lunch. The food was well prepared, attractive to the eye, but I prefer stronger seasoning in my dishes and had to add salt. However, the desserts were fantastic, particularly the bread pudding. That was enjoyed at home. I had the Sweet Potato Cheesecake, which was also good, but my companions raved about the bread pudding. As it does not have raisins but replaced it with cherries, if you don't care for raisins, this is the one. If you do like raisins, you won't miss it. The praline sauce was what made it a hit for me. It was also drizzled over my cheesecake. YUM!Special Features:
- SpecialmeatheadDined on 10/9/2014I wanted to do something nice for our 32 Anniversary and we hit a homerun going to Rusty. The food was exceptional, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Baltimore experienceBuckeyeTravelerDined on 10/5/2014We chose Rusty Scupper from Open Table for dinner during a weekend trip to the Baltimore area. We were very pleased with everything about it. The view from our corner window table was outstanding! Our server was friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. My husband loves to try local oysters when we're on the coast so he got the sampler and said they were all some of the best he's had. We would recommend Rusty Scupper and will definitely come back the next time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sunday BrunchSkywayDined on 10/5/2014One of the nicest brunches I've been to. Food was excellent, service was attentive but not intrusive, views spectacular. But you would expect this for a very pricey $40! Biggest shock was $8.00 for parking after validation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Request special seating for a special occasion on a short notice, and they came through. Wait staff was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review your bill!ScubaricanDined on 10/3/2014I would have given Eric 5 stars for service but somehow I got charged a 31 dollar bottle of wine on a 325 check which I did not notice until I arrived home. Kind of ruined what would have been a nice experience. This place is pricey to begin with without being charged for something you didn't get. Lost a star on the food because the appetizer Mussels marinera were not great. Somewhat on lower scale of places with less status. The calamari appetizer was tasty but rubbery. Loved the bread and the lobster.Special Features:
- Quite surprised!FastRideVIPDined on 10/1/2014I was in Bmore on business and ended up being in the city later than expected. I looked up restaurants on open table and saw Rusty Scupper (the name didn't appeal to me so I kept scrolling). I asked a local and that was his first recommendation. I quickly went back to open table and made a reservation. I'm GLAD I did. The food, service, and view were exceptional. Our waiter Christian was very knowledgable about the menu. The thing that I really liked is that the manager asked if we ended anything and he actually took our order. Everything about this restaurant was wonderful. It's only been three days and I'm already ready to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014We dine here for our anniversary every year. Logan was an ouystanding server who made the night very enjoyable for my wife and I. Maryland at its bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch at the Inner HarborPasadenaSkipperDined on 9/28/2014Signature attraction of the Rusty Scupper is the wonderful view of the Inner Harbor - that's a given. We were there for Sunday brunch, which offered a terrific array of choices - typical scrambled eggs, omelets, bacon, sausage, & French toast, along with an excellent selection of fruits, seafoods (shrimp, oysters, mussels), meat and pasta dishes, the works. And a very nice jazz combo for background music. Food quality was excellent, everything was fresh, well prepared, tasty. Service was excellent, from the reception desk to our table - cheerful, welcoming, helpful, responsive but not obtrusive. In a word, very professional. All in all, a very pleasant dining experience, much better than the average franchise fare.Special Features:
- Delicious foodMoetteVIPDined on 9/28/2014The best brunch I have in year. Delicious food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014our server was very attentive. the food was wonderful. if you went away hungry it was your own fault. such a wide variety of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!PennsylvaniansDined on 9/27/2014Food was perfect but the service was not that good. We did not even get offered more water and had to wait very long (30 minutes) for service and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good as alwaysMac1Dined on 9/27/2014My girlfriend and I returned to the Rusty Scupper for an exceptional dining experience yet once again. The Maryland crab soup was exceptional. We both had fish however my girlfriend's cod was not cut correctly and wound up being difficult to cut and was very tough. She informed the waiter and within a minute the manager was at our table to address the problem. Great service and food.Special Features:
- Nice meal at the Inner HarborDuke1dinnerreviewDined on 9/27/2014We arrived at the Rusty Scupper about 5 minutes late for our 5:30 reservation and were seated promptly by our hostess The Bay View we requested did not happen but our table for 2 adults and a 3 year old worked out well Our server "J" was very attentive to all of our needs and especially to my 3 year old grandson Our food was served very soon after we ordered and overall everything was very tasty and prepared nicely I will return to this restaurant and would recommend to all for seafoodSpecial Features:
- Still SpectacularP34C3Dined on 9/27/2014The view is fantastic and the food compliments it well. We were there for lunch on a busy Saturday. The waitress was very attentive even though half of our party was late arriving and we had completely finished our meal by the time that they did. It was like we had all arrived together! They were afforded the same great service and attention we had just enjoyed. It could not have been any better!Special Features:
- Our friends and us loved it!EaterybuffDined on 9/21/2014Great service, food, view, and ambiance. Elegant but NOT stuffy. Loved it - we'll be back!Special Features:
- Brunch Happy in BaltimoreAngelDined on 9/21/2014The Brunch topped the Brunch at the Hopkins Club. The choices were so fantastic that I started with Breakfast and moved to Lunch. I ended with Dessert, which just topped the entire meal. I hope to make this my Sunday Brunch place, next time I will share this with me Family members. Thank you for the best Brunch ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014We have been to the brunch several times and it was always awesome! This was my birthday special request birthday brunch. We were seated quickly. Took ten minutes for someone to acknowledge us at the table. The food did not seem as tasty as before. The waffles were cold, hard to get a second cup of coffee. Birthday cake, they did do, yeah, but the cake was tasteless. The whole experience was lackluster. Would not go back again. It is a beautiful spot, though...Special Features: