Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
402 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rusty-scupper.com/
- Phone: 4107273678x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner:3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Mark Miranda
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Rusty Scupper Restaurant, voted Baltimore's "Best Waterfront Dining" by Baltimore Magazine can accommodate private and semi-private events ranging from 10 to 500 guests. We specialize in corporate events, rehearsal dinners, cocktail receptions, holiday events, crab feasts, and other private parties. Please contact the Sales Department for more information and Banquet Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Smith 4107273678x
- Entertainment: Piano player Monday - Saturday evenings, Jazz Band Sunday Brunch: 10:45am - 2:00pm
A word from Rusty Scupper - Baltimore
When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Rusty Scupper - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
512 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (436)special occasion (313)romantic (241)great for brunch (167)good for groups (166)fit for foodies (110)notable wine list (94)great for lunch (88)neighborhood gem (85)kid-friendly (67)hot spot (62)late-night find (39)great for outdoor dining (35)vibrant bar scene (26)Show More
- Great Inner Harbor ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Because of the view, Rusty Scupper is one of my favorite Baltimore restaurants. During this visit, our waitress was pleasant and the service was timely. The mahi mahi was moist and well seasoned and the lobster meat was sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014What a great place!! From beginning to end the food, staff, atmosphere and location were all superb!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/17/2014I started my brunch with a made to order omelette (sp?). Choices included shrimp, crab, ham, tomatoes, spinach, cheese, etc. I opted for the crab of course and was a bit disappointed. It had no seasoning and tasted very bland. Everything else was good but I would not recommend getting crab or shrimp in your omelette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, Drink, Laugh, Relax & EnjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Rusty's brunch is absolutely scrumptious. It can not get any better when you have a wonderful variety of food coupled with the scenic view of the Inner Harbor and bottomless champagne and mimosas. The shrimp and scallop mac and cheese was to die for. It was a perfect way to spend a Sunday with my family. It is a bit pricey but oh well, you only live once (YOLO), so enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitadinerDined on 8/17/2014This was a great place to dine. The ambiance was lovely and the scene just breath taking.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This was my first time having a dinner party for my birthday and I wouldn't have pick any other place. The service was great. Everyone was so nice,friendly, and very helpful. The view was so breath taking. The restaurant was so beautiful inside and would so recommend this place and anybody. The food was alittle high for my liking but it was so worth every bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a bit of a landmark place.WG1987Dined on 8/16/2014Great views, convienient parking. I almost expected such a place to have mediocre food, but I was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnickersDined on 8/16/2014We had dinner on Saturday, party of 5 everyone enjoyed their dinner, great service, ambience, everyone was very pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly very good.RedheadDined on 8/15/2014The aspect I found most surprising was the noise level. My husband and I were seated at a table for 2 right by the window and we had a beautiful panoramic view of the city and the harbor. However, the noise level was such tht we had to lean forward to speak to each other and be heard. A number of times, both my husband and I had to cup our ear to hear what the other was saying. I think they need to decide if they are going to be a quiet romantic place or a noisy anything goes kind of a place. I don't think the two go very well together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of town experience. ..Shoediva27Dined on 8/15/2014Food was and continues to be excellent. Best restaurant hands down in the Inner Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmingILikeToEatDined on 8/13/2014Had high hopes, but not worth the price... Went for my daughter's 10th birthday. My wife's Mahi Mahi was over cooked, we had to ask them to take the dirty plates when the dinner came, and the waiter brought a piece of cake for my daughter with dirty dishes from the meal still at the table. For $230 for a family of 4, I would think there would be better service. Our waiter seemed lost, or brand new with no training, and when my older daughter asked another waitress that was just standing around where the bathroom was, she acted like she was being disturbed. She just said over by the hostess and turned away... Not what I would expect for an empty Wednesday night.
- Delicious!summer14Dined on 8/13/2014Great food and great view! The crab cake was amazing! I also highly recommend the Seafood Fra Diavalo. YUM!Special Features:
- Renewed RomanceKindleRomanceagainDined on 8/13/2014My partner and I have been so busy with our grown kids and grandchildren we needed this romantic outing to re kindle the passion. This time out was a great opportunity to accomplish that. Very good food, atmosphere, and service. We have not been to Rusty Scupper in two years and it is good to know everything was just as good as we remember.Special Features:
- Great views and foodKASLDined on 8/12/2014Great for special vacation dinner. Outstanding views and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, food not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Great view but food not what I expected for the prices they chargeSpecial Features:
- DerflayDined on 8/12/2014I would like to thank our waiter. He provided meal suggestions which we agreeded to. He gave us a 110%-and-then-some excellent service and when added to the window view the excellent service goes up. We admire his mot juste when suggesting a meal and beverage for each of us. Thank you Rusty Scupper for having us as your guests. See you real soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WingblogDined on 8/10/2014Overpriced, awful beer selection, reminded me of a grossly overpriced red lobster. The only redeeming quality was the view of the harbor. Needless to say, we will not be returning.Special Features:
- Rusty Scupper BrunchbirthdaygirlDined on 8/10/2014My friend and I went to Rusty Scupper's brunch buffet on a Sunday morning. The jazz music was fun and a nice touch. The food on the other hand, was okay. We were expecting a larger variety especially at that price. We enjoyed the view and our waiter was quite attentive.Special Features:
- Anniversary brunchDCFoodie20024Dined on 8/10/2014Excellent! ! What a treat! You can't find a better brunch location in the DMV. Everything was perfect! Very strict reservation policiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusty Scupper BrunchJALDCDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I went to the Rusty Scupper for an anniversary brunch prior to an Orioles game. I had requested a table with a great view when I made the reservation and they sat us at a table right next to the window with a beautiful view. The food was delicious and our server, Nicholas, was very attentive and helpful with game day tips. We would definitely go again and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- ExcellentkenaleDined on 8/9/2014Not much can be said. My meal was excellent and so was my partners.Special Features:
- awesome!yumyumDined on 8/9/2014We went for our anniversary and could not have been treated nicer. Our waitress was so sweet (I forgot her name, sorry) . The food was delicious! I had plank salmon and my husband had a pasta shrimp dish and both were mouth watering! I only mentioned our anniversary in the reservation because we wanted a window seat and thought that would help. Well, they gave us dessert on the house and when our check was brought, she also brought us each a glass of champane! It was our first time and we will go back. I would say it's a special night out, a bit more in price than a casual restaurant but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our 2nd time there! Family drove from Pa and NJ for my boyfriends birthday. It was Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Indifferent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was very much chain-restaurant: processed, indifferent. My baked cod was rubbery and my drink arrived 20 minutes or more after I'd ordered it. The view is great, but....
- Beautiful SettingelwelwDined on 8/8/2014Appetizers were fabulous. Dinner meal was good but we were expecting great. The service was poor. The server seemed disoriented and forgetful. Not my usual experience at the Rusty Scupper. Excluding this experience and based on many others, I would recommend the Scupper to anyone who wants a wonderful Baltimore restaurant experience.
- Calm WatersLexi928Dined on 8/8/2014Being able to look over Baltimore Harbor during sunset was great and relaxing. Crab cakes were meaty, lobster delicious and fresh bread. Waiter and head waiter made sure our evening was niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable locationBettikinsDined on 8/8/2014Rusty Scupper is set in the middle of Baltimore's Inner Harbor...literally...jutting out right into the Harbor. Beautiful restaurant, great view, delicious. Can't be beat if you're visiting the Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth thev $$$$$DisappointedFoodieDined on 8/7/2014Went during restaurant week and it was not worth the $$$. The crab cake was small and no lump meat. Very disappointed!
- Great TimeTbabyDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I took advantage of restaurant week and chose to done at Rusty Scupper. It had been years since we'd been there and we were amazed at the difference in atmosphere. It was very inviting and the view from our window seat was beautiful. The food was delicious and our waitress Tina was awesome! We will definitely revisit sometime in the close future. We also enjoyed being able to take a nice stroll after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeonepath226Dined on 8/6/2014Our time at the Rusty Scupper was excellent. The food was superb and the atmosphere was classy and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodAjaanBillDined on 8/6/2014Excellent seafood prepared just right, and engaging view.Special Features:
- LaurieDined on 8/6/2014I have not eaten at the Rusty Scupper in quite a while but I was pleasantly surprised recently. The view of the harbor was great, as I was dining with an out of town guest. The server was very attentive and the food was excellent. I would recommend the Rusty Scupper to others.Special Features:
- Great food, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014We had a blast. We were requested a view, and were given a seat that overlooked the water. However, I didn't realize that the sun would set on the other side of the building ... and over the city skyline, not the water. So where we were ended up being perfect. The food was delicious, especially the crab cakes. The lobster was wonderful, but not plentiful. The waiter was professional and knew his stuff. I'd definitely recommend the Scupper, but I'd advise against the lobster unless you don't care about price vs. quantity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, ok foodTwinSisDined on 8/4/2014I took my sister who was visiting from out of town here because of the great views from the restaurant. It was also Restaurant Week in Baltimore (otherwise I would not have gone because I feel that their prices are a tad high, but I guess you're paying for the views). Her crab cake was somewhat bland, could have used some more seasoning. I felt the same about my grilled salmon. On the upside, the dessert was outstanding and our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014Thank you for having Restaurant Week, I was able to take my lovely wife its been 11 years to wanted to go the restaurant. But it was a little to expense for our budget and was able to attend this week. thank you againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The View is Not Enoughdinnerfor2Dined on 8/4/2014I wanted a nice dinner experience with a waterfront view. Rusty Scupper, an icon along Baltimore's Inner Harbor, came to mind during a recent trip downtown. Unfortunately, we were not pleased. Our first problem occurred as we met with the hostess. There was a lot of employee congregation and talking, in the area, that I'm sure contributed to the hostess having difficulty assigning a table. Apparently the hostess forgot to confirm the Open Table reservation. The waitress assigned appeared to have too much distance between her tables, and we waited far too long (15 min) for some water and my drink (not mixed correctly). The mashed potatoes contained far too much garlic (permeating the crabmeat!). Coffee and dessert were outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner!Mellis68Dined on 8/3/2014Took my wife and two kids ages 11 and 9 for dinner. The view was spectacular and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisySophDined on 8/3/2014Expected to have lunch at 1:30PM Sunday. Was not aware of brunch only. Great Brunch, but would not have that again. Too much food and quite pricey. Did offer special drinks, unlimited Great view will keep people returning to Rusty Scupper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchdrejthomasDined on 8/3/2014Rusty Scupper's has the most amazing brunch that we've experienced. Plenty of choiceswith complimentary mimosas, champagne and sangrias. AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The buffet on the weekend is very good. You need to make reservations as it gets extremely busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.