Rusty Pelican Restaurant
2735 West Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rusty Pelican Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rustypelican.com/
- Phone: 9496423431
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:15pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Morales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music in our upstairs lounge on Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Rusty Pelican Restaurant
Rusty Pelican has been a long Newport Beach tradition for outstanding meals and legendary service. You'll love the breathtaking harbor views from our Coast Highway location. With our wide variety menu, we have something to offer everyone and a selection from our award winning wine list provides the perfect complement to your meal. Our Sunset Dining Menu is available Monday through Friday 4:00 PM – 5:15 PM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rusty Pelican Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (179)special occasion (130)great for outdoor dining (103)romantic (87)fit for foodies (66)great for lunch (61)good for groups (54)neighborhood gem (51)great for brunch (45)notable wine list (42)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (16)Show More
- Great menuRustyDined on 10/10/2014The food was really good. We ordered the most expensive item on the menu but it was worth it. Good menu for foodies or for nhealthy eating. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014Really great food, service was friendly and accommodating, can't beat the way the dining room looks. Prices were on the higher side but definitely reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InteriorBrendaKDined on 10/3/2014Needs an update. The carpet is dirty. Service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Steak had a piece of butchers paper imbedded in side. Salmon spinach was undercooked to nearly raw. All menu items were close to bland. We joined Landry's club last year and have never had a meal that was outstanding. All the restaurants within this franchise appear to make it based on the settings alone, we refer to it as "Blandry's"Special Features:
- Love this place.VvDd143Dined on 10/3/2014My wife and I came for lunch this time and had a nice quiet both upstairs with a prefect view. We've come here for dinner before also and say outside and watched the sun go down over the water. Very romantic and of course a delicious meal. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good Bet ...GreatEaterVIPDined on 9/30/2014Never had a bad experience at the Rusty Pelican. Have been there many times and both food and Service are impeccable. Highly Recommended!!!!! ThanksSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great service and great food as the sun set over the pacific ocean.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We arrived 20 minutes before or reservation and were seated immediately at a nice table at the Window overlooking newport bay at sunset. Service was great and the food was excellent. I had the garlic bread, crab bisque and the best Chilean sea bass ever. First time there and i would definetly go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pitafamDined on 9/27/2014Our waitress Brittany was the best. She knew about all the fish dishes and how they were prepared and was up beat and genuinely wanted to make sure your experience was the best it could be. We celebrated our 32ND anniversary and she was sweet giving us a dessert along with taking our picture. She was awesome with all her tables. The halibut choice she picked for my dinner was excellent. The entire team of workers were very accommodating. We originally sat outside and it was to windy for us so they moved us inside with a smile. Awesome experience again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendAR23Dined on 9/27/2014Great fresh seafood along with top notch service, add a fantastic view and you get the Rusty Pelican. I highly recommend this restaurant especially while the sun is still out.Special Features:
- Cody024Dined on 9/24/2014Haven't been there in a while but was very impressed with whole experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNBGuestDined on 9/23/2014We go to Rusty Pelican whenever we get the chance. On the 23rd, it was extra special mainly because of our waiter, Lance. Excellent vibe. Made our Anniversary dinner special without being over the top. Hang on to this man, he is an asset to this restaurant.Special Features:
- OldschoolDined on 9/23/2014Haven't been for a long time. Better than ever. Loved the spicy treatment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ service every timeJunebugDined on 9/21/2014Food is great and reasonable. View is amazing love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!BrunchersDined on 9/21/2014We have been here several times for brunch and just love it! You cannot get a better piece of fish for the money anywhere. The service is excellent. The view is oh so nice. This is just a wonderful place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentHerbsquaredDined on 9/20/2014Came here on Saturday night for dinner. Even though we had a reservation, ended up waiting 30 minutes extra. They offered us a table upstairs without notifying us a band (with a drummer) would be starting at 830. We realized there would be a band but not till after 9, or so we thought. It was hard to enjoy a $200 dinner with a drummer in your right ear. Overall, the food was okay for a seafood restaurant but there are much better places in Newport. The servers all look the same and aren't the sharpest but pretty to look at, if that's what you're going for. Overall very underwhelmed.
- Wonderful Outside DiningLoveroffreshfishDined on 9/20/2014Outside dining was wonderful. Not many tables outside however. Inside dining was rather noisy. Make reservations early so you can select an outside table. Wait staff was attentive......but not hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect late afternoon/dinnerDocDanDined on 9/20/2014Everything was perfect. Service, food, ambiance, attention to detail, and willingness to serve the birthday cake we brought from Suzie's Cake in Newport. Terrific waitress and helper.Special Features:
- Afternoon delightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014It has been quite a few years since we had been to The Rusty Pelican...we definitely won't wait so long until our next visit! The ambiance, service, drinks and food were all wonderful! Thank you to all of the staff for a great lunch and experience.Special Features:
- in from out of townsusanismVIPDined on 9/19/2014we had a great evening and enjoyed calamari, the Chilean bass is awesome...garlic bread terrific. we had a table by the window and could enjoy the harbor.....fun fun evening. good wine listSpecial Features:
- Must have salty pear martinipearloverVIPDined on 9/19/2014We have been going to Rusty Pelican for several years and have benefited from being a member of the Landry's Restaurant Group. They are always so welcoming and the fish is always perfectly prepared no matter what preparation you request. I have to say that my must have is the salty pear martini and garlic bread. You won't regret starting with the pair as you contemplate what to have for the rest of your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View!awesomeness123Dined on 9/16/2014Rusty Pelican has an outstanding view and awesome food! I got the sea bass with lemon and caper sauce and it was one of the best seafood dishes I've ever had. It is a bit noisy so if you're the quiet dining type, you might be disappointed. My husband and I went for date night and we loved it. Definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/good scene/poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food. The fish are fresh. The blue oyster half shelf are great. The scene overlook the water. Really nice view. Unfortunately, I can't say much about the service except poor. We went at 2:30pm so it wasn't even busy. I'm really understanding of rush lunch/dinner hours but this is not the case so therefore I gave the service poor rating.Special Features:
- GREAT VALUEOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/8/2014I think this place is probably the best value for seafood waterfront dining anywhere in California. We had a wonderful lunch right on the water for about the price we would have paid at a cafe! Agreat find,a gorgeous setting, a long tradition and an excellent menu and wine list. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUSTY PELICANMGPHAASVIPDined on 9/6/2014BEAUTIFUL SCENERY, GREAT FOOD, I HAD THE CHILEAN SEABASS AND IT WAS DELISH! I WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO EVERYONE AND WOULD RETURN WHEN VISITING THIS CITY AGAIN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening out.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We had a very nice time. We sat outside on the patio and our server was very attentive. It got a little chilly so we asked our server to turn on the heater. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Nice Family Dining ExperienceTastebudsDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed a wonderful table with spectacular water views. Enjoyed the salmon with pesto dish. Desserts were just OK- Mud Pie was more of a chocolate fluffy soufflé. Waitresses were switched halfway through our meal, so a side dish was forgotten. The waitress was apologetic when we asked he to take it off the bill. They were very busy serving several larger groups. All-in-all a nice experience for family 'night out'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spot!GntloryntlDined on 9/1/2014This is a great, underrated spot along the water in Newport. I was glad it was open on Labor Day and I enjoyed all my food. Sat upstairs and enjoyed a view of the bay.Special Features:
- A top favorite in Newport BeachLRVlachosVIPDined on 8/31/2014Really great dishes...friendly service. Mariana did a great job of taking care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RivieraDined on 8/31/2014Everyone with our brunch group loved their meal. Good service!Special Features:
- Our FavotiteThequeenbird1VIPDined on 8/31/2014Rusty Peligan is such a special place. Excellent food, friendly servers, and great view.Special Features:
- Has always been a favorite of oursCarolDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten at Rusty Pelican over many years. The food has always been incredible! This time my husband & I were celebrating our 46th anniversary. The tables were so jammed packed so tightly we almost were sitting in our neighbor's lap. The noise level was so loud we could barely hear each other! On a lighter note, the food was still excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ExperienceChief144Dined on 8/29/2014We made reservations thru Open Table based on a suggestion from a frien from the area. The 6 of us are from out of town, Northern Ca & Colorado It lived up to the reviews in all ways! We'll be back!Special Features:
- sadluxemburgerDined on 8/28/2014we have been there 2010 and really loved the food and the atmosphere but now in 2014 , our meals were served half cold, it took an eternity till it arrived, the service was not very much caring about all : like water and bread or cheese for the spaghetti. My salmon was without any taste, and the potatoes as if there was no time to cook them. there must be something done, as our neighbour table mentioned the same dissatisfaction. Also the carpet need to be redone, ( dirty sparks everywhere) and my plate still had rests of another eater under it , and the fork , knife and glas really weren't clean at all we are sorry to say this, but the price of the menues demands more effort, as it really was gorgeous 4 years ago...Special Features:
- Great waitersRunawaysunDined on 8/28/2014Our waiter was amazing. He was knowledgable, peppy, and sweet. Our anniversary dinner couldn't have had a better view nor experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinnergigi56Dined on 8/28/2014It was our 10th Anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate. I requested a table outside and we were able to get it. It was late afternoon. It was a beautiful setting. The food was excellent and the service was just as good. Our waiter, Jimmy made sure we were well taken care of. It was the perfect place to celebrate our special day!Special Features:
- highly recommendedgreatfind14Dined on 8/28/2014Jimmy our server was very attentive and informational. Timely serve with a wide variety of knowledge. Very helpful in suggestions and recommendations on food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food but...LaLizzDined on 8/27/2014Fantastic food but we had to pay the bill before we were finished dining because the waitress was done with her shift. After we paid, not a single waiter came by to ask if we wanted anything else. Mind you, we tipped 20%. My parents like going there but I would go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Seafood paradise!RachelFDined on 8/25/2014I had the best lunch here! We order the market special oysters of the day and orange glazed Mahi Mahi. Let me tell you...the BEST oysters I have ever had! Perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusty PelicanBillLasVegasDined on 8/24/2014The only thing better than the food was the view of Newport Bay, the boats moving up and down the bay are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.