Rustico (Westlake Village, CA)
1125 Lindero Canyon Road
Westlake Village, CA 91352Neighborhood:
Agoura Hills / Westlake Village
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rustico (Westlake Village, CA)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rustico-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 8188890191
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 11:30am-2:30pm Dinner Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Ronzoni
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for details on private dining.
- Special Events: Our October 2012 Gourmet Cruise Party Join us Wednesday, January 11th, 2012 at 6pm to 7pm for a complimentary Wine/Champagne Apertif and Special Hors D'Oeuvres at Rustico Restaurant in Oak Park. Representatives from Regent Cruises will be on hand to answer any questions you may have regarding our October 2012 Mediterranean Culinary Adventure!
A word from Rustico (Westlake Village, CA)
A very special neighborhood Trattoria nestled below the North Ranch Mountain Range. Relax and enjoy being pampered with a warm and friendly service that captures the Italian spirit of hospitality. The menu is filled with wonderful selections made with the freshest seasonal ingredients. A bustling Monica's Bar is ready to take any request for your favorite libation and Roberto Giliberti our expert Sommelier can recommend the perfect wine to go with your meal from our Wine Spectator Award Winning selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Rustico (Westlake Village, CA) - Best Restaurants in Agoura Hills / Westlake Village ›
Rustico (Westlake Village, CA) reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (15)romantic (15)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (11)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014My meal was utterly delectable. I had the Chilean Sea Bass and it was moist, flavorful and totally scrumptious. My husband had the surf and turf and also liked his entrée. Our server was engaging but not overly solicitous. This is our 2nd visit and we would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Local GemwhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/20/2014A local favorite for us. Chef knows how to make excellent soups - so if you are in the mood for soup, definitely try the soup de jour. The heirloom tomato salad was just ok today, probably should have tried the gazpacho soup. Escargot is served with lots of garlicky butter. The special lamb entree = DELICIOUS! Pasta's are always a great choice, especially the daily specials. Rustico is our favorite for "take out pizza" - they are small, thin crust, healthier and tastier. Definitely a local gem of a restaurant. Service is nice. Casual dining in a nice environment, lots of locals.
- Excellent Italian bistroAdnillDined on 8/18/2014Highly recommended by several friends. Went there for my birthday. Large menu and many specials. Easy to make substitutions. Very well seasoned and tasty. Good wine list. White tablecloths, California casual but did not see jeans. Has outdoor patio. Gave us a choice of tables. Service very attentive. Has a brick oven for pizzas. Terrific neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentDDDMDined on 8/17/2014Specials are always creative and better than the regular menu. Very tasty with nice combinations of flavors. Great service. Always busy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usualMHJinTOVIPDined on 8/16/2014Dinner was once again great! We come frequently, and always try to sit with Carla. She's a gem. She thoroughly entertains us each time we come in and remembers our drink and food preferences to a tee! This past night there was a very grumpy man, on his phone the whole time, sitting next to us. He was so rude to his wife and cussing at whomever was on the phone. Thank goodness for Carla and the other wait staff! They got them out of there quickly. My only complaint is food related. They really need to have better coffee and serve it with half & half, NOT milk. Also, some new and more seasonal desserts would be really nice. We love it there though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night SpecialFoodie21Dined on 8/16/2014We had a 6pm reservation which was perfect. Service food and placement were great. By the time we left after 7;30pm, the place was jammed. Soup, salad, pasta and seafood were all excellentSpecial Features:
- Amazing food!!!AddieDined on 8/15/2014great food , ambience, and service. This is a popular neighborhood restaurant. Quiet, white tablecloth eatery with diverse choices and great wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificgibsonDined on 8/6/2014Everything was wonderful as usual! We took people there who had never dined at Rustico before and they loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyablewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/6/2014One of our favorite neighborhood gems! The octopus salad special is a favorite. The regular menu has plenty of excellent options, and there is usually a fairly extensive list of specials too. The chef is great and will often honor special requests providing he has the ingredients and it is not a time consuming preparation. Our server, Emma, is lovely and we enjoy being seated in her section. Although there are other servers here too that we love as well. Service is friendly and they treat everyone well. It is mainly a locals place, but anyone dining here will receive equally nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amfoDined on 8/4/2014the food was good; the service was great! my granddaughter and i had a "special occassion" dinner together, and the staff (thte wait person in particular, but all) was outstanding.Special Features:
- An Outstanding ExperienceTheFoodRatVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were treated to some fantastic, creative items. The staff treated us like family, they are truly great people. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasantWineLoverVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food is quite good and the wines are reasonably priced. We had the Chilean Sea Bass special and the Branzino on the regular menu. Both were very good and the fish was fresh tasting. We shared a creme brulee for desert that was good and correctly prepared. The portion size is rather generous, so even with skipping the first course, we had more than we could eat. The service was attentive without being obtrusive. The markup on the wines is smaller than most restaurants. We had a Grgich Hills Chardonnay for $60, which is the best price for this wine that I have seen in a long time. There are plenty of good wines in the $30 to $50 price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EAFFDined on 7/22/2014The Veal Chop was amazing. Everything was delicious as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesOptoccDined on 7/18/2014I've been to Rustico several times and will go back. The food is always great and the attention from the servers is great. The reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that the specials are rattled off so fast and there are so many, you simply cannot remember them and while the servers are attentive, they can be a bit snooty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent dinerGaryDined on 7/8/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. This visit at lunch .. four of us .. wonderful in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/1/2014Everything was prepared to perfection. Basic dishes like ravioli were as special as the specials.Special Features:
- Frequent CustomersGaryDined on 7/1/2014This is our go-to restaurant for special occasions .. I think this is the only place I know of where the food is truly authentic Italian. From Salads to Pastas to Entrees .. everything is made with a true Italian flair. This time was my birthday and it was a special evening indeed.Special Features:
- LollyDined on 6/30/2014Food very well prepared. A little noisey (open kitchen) but not blaring. Appreciated absence of TV.Special Features:
- Bad experienceLVfishVIPDined on 6/27/2014We should have left or informed management. We usually have great food and service but on a busy Friday night things went south and ruined our evening. The waitress was annoyed and clearly bordering on rude. My wife and I looked at each other like 'is this really happening?' Service was awful and we should have complained. We love the food at Rustico and go almost every week, but will give it a rest and will never be seated in this waitresses section again.
- Tried the server's recommendationrkbkVIPDined on 6/21/2014Three of us dined. One had the fish special Halibut, great, second person had bolognese, great, third person had the recommendation by the server, pork chop breaded and pounded parmesan style, excellent, the vegetables that came with it was a great variety, squash, asparagus, broccoli and they were delicious. I am definitely returning. FYI fish special $32.00I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014This was my 3rd visit recently and again very enjoyable! The bartender is always pleasant & she greets us immediatley which is a plus. It is so nice to have a neighborhood restaurant with such class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningfoodlvrDined on 6/14/2014Table location as requested was good. Food and Service- excellent. Our favorite restaurant in areaSpecial Features:
- gibsonDined on 6/11/2014we loved it here as always - friendly, wonderful food and wine, great vibeSpecial Features:
- One of our better resturantsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014We eat at home so want a special treat when we go out. Your place is one that fits the bill
- Food is great, noise is not.between4and25charactersDined on 6/7/2014This was our second time eating at Rustico. The first time (~1 month ago) was for an 8:30 reservation. The service was good and the food was terrific. Which is why we decided to go back a second time. The second time was for a 6: 30 reservation. The noise level in the restaurant made it impossible to have a conversation. In fact we couldn't even hear the daily specials as our server recited them. Oh, and they has SO many specials it would have been impossible to remember them anyhow. Why don't they just print them out? So, after waiting 20 minutes for our server to come back, we ordered off the menu. My suggestion....go for the excellent food, but go later in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stilesVIPDined on 5/22/2014AS ALWAYS IT IS TOP NOTCH. THE PARPADELLA BOLOGNESE IS TO DIE FOR AND ALL THE FISH ARE GREAT TOO. CAN 'T GO WRONG HERE.Special Features:
- Graduation DinnerCollegeGraduateDined on 5/21/2014We were celebrating my son's college graduation. I booked our 7:00pm reservation on Open Table one week prior and requested David for our server. When we arrived the restaurant was packed. We were not happy to hear that we had to wait around 20 minutes for our table. The place was packed and there was barely standing room. Thank heavens David was there to greet us and make us comfortable at our table. The food was excellent and as usual, David's service was superb!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceKathyDined on 5/20/2014Rustico is a lovely restaurant for lunch and/or dinner. The menu offers choices for any palate. It can be romantic and/or a great place for conversation.Special Features:
- Mother's Dayfood4thoughtVIPDined on 5/11/2014there was either too many people or not enough waiters. very, very slow service.Special Features:
- Mother's Day brunchGaryDined on 5/11/2014A great brunch .. We've done this for Mother's Day several years now. Food choices are excellent .. And quality of fod the best. But I guess due to the nature of it being a Mother's Day family event .. There are just too many small children to allow it to be a peaceful event.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLovetheoceanDined on 5/11/2014This is one of the top restaurants in Westlake Village, which is saying a lot. The service is friendly and very accommodating. The menu is quite varied and delicious. Roberto, the manager, is a very gracious host. All in all, a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- downtowndinerDined on 5/7/2014Each of us ordered something different and everything was delicious. I'm looking forward to the nice weather to dine on the patio. The ambience was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemwhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 5/7/2014Continues to be a favorite of ours. Soups are always D-lish. Pizza's are excellent, I prefer the Pizza Margarita with extra cheese! Often we get pizza here "to go" as it truly is the best pizza in town. The pastas are all very good, portions are sized for sharing as an appetizer. Generally the specials are the way to go..but everything and anything on the menu is quite good. Not a fan of the pheasant, pretty lackluster and not nearly as good as duck. While I do love duck, here it tends not to be as "crispy" as I prefer. Short Ribs are always excellent. Linquine and mussels or clams are a personal favorite. The staff are all friendly, the kitchen knows how to turn out fabulous dishes. Service is usually attentive. Bar is fun!!
- The following 410 reviews are from the Rustico (Westlake Village, CA) reviews archive.
- Amazing for 18 years'foodieVIPDined on 5/6/2014Had our twins one year birthday celebration and rare s restaurant can actually be just as fabulous 18 years later! Thanks committed staff at Rustico. Oak park loves you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprisingly good/greatSteveDined on 5/2/2014After being somewhat underwhelmed but its suburban strip mall location, we were surprised at the outstanding meal we had. The salads and homemade pasta were excellent and the double cut pork chop better still. The wines by the glass were impressive and rounded out the meal very well. I would highly recommend this to other foodies who really appreciate a great dining experience even if the ambience lags the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014The food was excellent! Definitely would like to go back. Our waitress was on point with dish descriptions, answers to questions and helping to select a wine I really liked. The only reason I did not give 5 stars for the food--rating deserved in every aspect but this one, is that I ordered sockeye salmon. However, as someone who has spent many years in islands of Washington state, and for whom sockeye is a favorite, I do not believe that was the salmon I was served. I would guess it was Atlantic salmon instead. Meanwhile, again, the food was excellent, as was the over all value of the meal.Special Features:
- Comfortable anytimeAugustusDined on 4/25/2014My Husband and I eat dinner here often but when a girlfriend wanted to go to lunch someplace I thought was special, I made reservations at Rustico. The food was great as well as the service. She loved it and would love to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/22/2014Best neighborhood place since "Cheers".. Food, atmosphere, owners, what can you say about Monica, Roberto and Maurizio they make you feel like your at their home..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustico-magnificoNotEasyToPleaseVIPDined on 4/16/2014We like to go early to any restaurant do we're not eating at a very high nice level or seating on top of the next table,this hostess unlike other restaurants did spread out the customers she was seating good start.food selection many good choices,food itself very tasty service can not find anything wrong therfore I gave it a very strong ratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great serviceclayful1VIPDined on 4/14/2014This is one of our favorite places for weekday nights out. The chef's specials are always excellent and you can't miss ordering off the regular menu.Special Features: