Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar
401 Love Point Road
Stevensville, MD 21666Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rusticoonline.com/
- Phone: (410) 643-9444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gino Romano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Main Dining Room With two big bay windows outlined with stained glass over looking historic Stevensville, our main dining room can accommodate up to 50. The main dining room is available daily for private parties during the afternoon or evening. The Tuscan Room Gorgeous bronze curtains & beads will be drawn to offer privacy from our main dining room. Our Tuscan room can accommodate groups of 12-20. Main Dining Room and Tuscan Room are available together for events of up to 80 persons. The Cellar Room Dine next to our cozy fireplace for a memorable evening. Our hand carved table can accommodate up to 8 persons or both cellar rooms can accommodate up to 15 persons. On Friday & Saturday evening a $300 minimum guest check is required to dine in the cellar room. Wine Bar Relax amidst a soothing environment with candles & Italian music as you & your guests sample wines paired with an array of Italian antipasti. Our wine bar can accommodate a reception for up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Michelina Scotto 4102124027
A word from Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar
Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar offers authentic Italian fare inspired by the traditional cuisine of Southern Italy. Gino Romano & Michelina Scotto bring their collaborative efforts and combined passion for distinctive Italian cuisine and wine to the revitalization of a historic landmark located in downtown Stevensville. The décor of Rustico emanates old world "rustic" Italy with a soothing palette of brick red, amber and natural cherry wood floors. The wine bar offers guests the opportunity to enjoy drinks before or after eating, sample pairings from our bar menu, or simply to unwind in a relaxing atmosphere. Rustico’s wine list offers over 20 wines by the glass as well as a 200 bottle collection, focusing mainly on the varietals of Italy, the second largest producer of wines worldwide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Stevensville ›
Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (23)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (19)romantic (12)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent service, very good food, great wine listDanerinDined on 11/20/2014We have been to Rustico several times, and it is always very good. The service is attentive and the staff is well-informed about both the wine list and the dishes. They are also willing to customize your dish, for example if you'd like to add chicken to a pasta dish, or make something spicy. Their veal dishes are consistently excellent, which is not always the norm at restaurants. I would definitely recommend Rustico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014We really enjoyed our visit. The wine list had something for everyone. We gave the food 3 stars based on what we had. Grouper was fresh and wonderful. The rockfish was tasty but a little heavily sauced. Overall good and would definitely return. The service was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faulty foodWinephileDined on 11/7/2014The cream of crab soup used bits of julienned vegetables to disguise the lack of crab. The veal (scallopini) Chesapeake was garnished with small bits of mealy-textured lump crab as though it had been dead when cooked, canned, or poor quality late-season she-crab. The veal, rather than being tender and slightly crispy on the outside was tough with a pasty undercooked floury tasting coating affixed to it outside. One bite and I could not face the rest. Clearly, this is not the cook's strong suit. I wonder whether they have even eaten, much less cooked, veal before. All in all, this restaurant seems to be trying to save food costs. It may be on its way out.
- Great restaurant!love2eatDined on 11/1/2014Food was delcious - would definitely recommend it for couples or groups.Special Features:
- Dinner1800Dined on 10/25/2014Our first visit was perfect. I asked for a nice table and was seated in the window perfect. Having moved from the NJ area, we've been on the hunt for decent Italian food. No complaints from our table, my husband enjoyed his carbonara, always a test dish. Our wait staff was lovely, the little village charming.Special Features:
- Rustico Rocks!CeserDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful food and plenty of it! Attentive and friendly servers. Super value - $35 any app., salad, any entree, any dessert. Can't beat that deal.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Food is always fesh and well prepared. Acoustics in the old building are loud, when crowded, which is is on Friday night. Nice wine list with selections from all ranges and tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find on Kent IslandDanerinDined on 9/27/2014The food was very good, service was great! The server was very helpful with wine suggestions and food recommendations. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale, Casual VibeBearkatzDined on 9/27/2014Excellent combination of good food and atmosphere at decent price point.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RusticoHappyDined on 9/26/2014Rustico is excellent in every way. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic place for a glass of wine and an appetizer, Rustico is that place. Especially on Sunday nights when appetizers are half price in the pub. If you are looking for a special place to celebrate a special occasion or just have a fine dinner, the restaurant is excellent. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- AdequateBuckeyeVIPDined on 9/25/2014Maybe it was a bad night, but Rustico did not meet my expectations after reading the reviews. The food was okay, nothing spectacular, and the service was barely adequate. The initial wait to be greeting by our server was way too long, and when I later asked if the crabmeat (a couple menu items included crabmeat) was local, the response was no, we get our crabmeat from our food supplier, do not know where the crabmeat comes from. September is prime harvest time in Maryland for blue crabs, and I expected a restaurant on Kent Island to take advantage of the local crab availability, but I was wrong. I decided not to try the items on the menu with crabmeat. We hoped the dessert would turn things around, but they were forgettable.
- Eating at Rustico RestaurantJewelsDined on 9/20/2014Rustico Restaurant is very nice, decorated very nicely, noise level alittle loud tho, a very nice dinner tho reservations were at 6:30 waited 2 1/2 hrs for main course, about a 20 minutes between each serving wich was alittle to long, but I would defiantly dine at rustico again, food was very good and service was great. After dinner walked over to the bar, enjoyed glass of wine and a singer. EnjoyedSpecial Features:
- Favorite RestaurantCZdineDined on 9/4/2014Rustico is our favorite restaurant on the Eastern Shore. The food is varied and delicious.Special Features:
- DeliciousSparkyDined on 8/30/2014Have been to Rustico on numerous occasions. The food is consistently delicious. Have traveled extensively and they have the absolute best calamari. My husband and I had the rock fish Mediterranean and penne vodka. Both were great and the portion are large enough to take some home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodJandJDined on 8/29/2014Great food, quaint historic small town and restaurant. Dine in or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, wine list, and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014This was the second time we went to Rustico and is now our favorite place for celebrations. We were there for our 30th anniversary and I couldn't have had a better experience! The food is great and the portions are large. The appetizers could easily be a meal by themselves. We had the 4 course dinner special and we walked out with several with several boxes and were completely stuffed. Our waiter (Lynn) was fantastic. She was especially helpful picking out the wine. It's kind of a pain to drive over the Bay Bridge just for dinner, but it's well worth it. If they opened a place in Annapolis I would go every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, Very GoodCharlieDined on 8/23/2014Sublime and relaxing atmosphere. Great food, wine, service and attitude. GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up and downLifelonglocalVIPDined on 8/21/2014Rustics has one great outside table, and we happened to get it. Everything was great except the wine service which is very important to me. The first wine we ordered came in a different vintage. I can understand that if it's not of the reserve list. Our waitress tried to tell us it was a misprint (5 years difference) but that wasn't the case. The next bottle arrives and it must have been stored near a furnace and was easily in the upper 70's in temperature. By the time it was cool enough, we were already into our entrees. This is all management's lack of care on details.Special Features:
- Who'd A Thunk?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014Just a shot in the dark on way to the airport. Great food and wine at the foot of the Bay Bridge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful service and even better food!! Truly impressed. The marinara sauce covering my pasta was perfect --fresh, tomatoey. perfect seasoning --- just like my Italian grandmother used to make! Also, the drinks were really good--- no skimping on alcohol. And last but not least, the apple streudel was divine!Special Features:
- MisleadingChefGWBVIPDined on 8/7/2014Booked a reservation thru open table. When I arrived, the restaurant was closing up for the evening. The doors were locked, and a member of the staff just stared at my friends and I through the window. We were coming from Annapolis and had to go through the toll! Had I known they were closing early or didn't keep the same working hours as advertised through Open Table, I would not have spent the few bucks or make the drive in that direction! They won't get a second visit from me or my friends! Very disappointed!
- The following 184 reviews are from the Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Wonderful DinnerDanRDined on 7/27/2014Dinner was amazing with great specials! Food is always consistently great with good presentation. Service is on the mark. You never feel rushed. It was a relaxing evening with friends, great food and a full body wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Plus4seafoodDined on 7/26/2014Rustico is a great alternative and upgrade from the other seafood restaurants in the area. We celebrate adult birthdays and other events in this charming neighborhood homey atmosphere. Although Rustico does pasta and seafood well, our absolute favorites are the appetizers -- clams and mussels and baked brie -- as well as the apple dessert. Non-seafood fans do not have a lot of options, but no one has ever complained about the choices they make. Many of the wines are a little pricey for us, but we have never been disappointed with the wines we have found. Service was great, and felt very personalized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration with friendsORRNVIPDined on 7/26/2014As always food & ambience were great - a group of 8 - they set us up in a dining alcove which was perfect. All drinks, appetizers, salads came out in a timely fashion BUT we then waited an HOUR to be served our main courses. Not sure where the glitch occurred but definitely not up to standard for this usually fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealMo924VIPDined on 7/20/2014We've always been pleased each time we dine at Rustico. The food is excellent, the staff well trained and the value is good. This time we were joined by friends who simply loved everything about our lunch. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Diamond in the RoughJgs76Dined on 7/19/2014This is a quaint local Resturant with an outstanding wine list and an equally impressive menu. The ambiance is very nice and fits the menu. In short this is a must visit Resturant on Kent IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseMarilynVIPDined on 7/17/2014A modest size gem in a small town a bit off the busy route traversing Kent Island. Menu is creative; the food terrific; and the prices are reasonable. They offer a great fixed price multi-course deal that we combined with another entree for a nice meal for the two of us. The seafood soup was a special treat!Special Features:
- Tricia'sKansasCityRestaurantsDined on 7/16/2014Nice find! Very pleased with everything. Will be back!Special Features:
- Don't Miss It!number1yummmDined on 7/15/2014I have been to Rustico four times now (2 lunches & 2 dinners)and each time it has been great! I love the main dining area; the service has been wonderful and the food is both delicious and beautifully presented! My new favorite place to go in the area. Thanks for a delightful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience again!CFREDDDined on 7/7/2014We go to Rustico regularly and the experience is always the same - great food, great service, great atmosphere. A real gem!Special Features:
- Fantastic RestaurantMLG944VIPDined on 6/29/20142nd time dining at Rustico's and they did not disappoint, everything was just as good as 1st time we were there. The Dinner menu has so many items that look great, it was hard to choose an item. The service was great and our waitress helped us narrow down our choices. We will definitely be going back in the future for the GREAT food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a magical place!MichaelAndJosephDined on 6/27/2014We returned to Rustico to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Our wedding at Rustico a year ago was a celebration of tastes, experiences and personal service from the staff and owner of Rustico. This dinner was a repeat of the experience on a smaller scale, but no less magical. Our party of four ordered the four-course dinner special on the menu. We sipped a wonderful French wine. We each had ample appetizers, a fresh, delicious salad, pasta entrees to die for, and a sweet ending. The service was impeccable and non-intrusive. The whole experience allowed us to enjoy conversation and well-timed arrival of all courses. The complete experience was superior and memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014Best restaurant in the Kent Island/Stevensville, MD. vicinity
- Awesome as usual!MaryTDined on 6/15/2014Lynn was our server and she is a gem. The special was Lobster Risotto and it was delish!Special Features:
- Best Halibut EverSuzyQDined on 5/31/2014I had their special Parmesan Halibut and it was devine.....perfect place to find fabulous food, great selection of wines and avoid the.crazy crowd of Kent IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustico reigns supremeBethDined on 5/18/2014Dined at Rustico Sunday for the first time. It won't be our last. Food (ingredients, prep, presentation); wine, service, setting were first-rate. We've eaten in many mighty fine Italian restaurants between New York and New Orleans--and Rustico rates among the best. We'll cross the Bay Bridge to Rustico soon again. What a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great1977RockvilleDined on 5/17/2014Rust I is a gem! Always get great service here--and the food, particularly the pasta dishes, is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab!MaryTDined on 5/11/2014Celebrated Mother's Day this past Sunday. Great food, fab service, good friends!Special Features:
- Delicious Food, but Slow ComingsmalltownfoodieDined on 5/11/2014I was here on Mother's Day, so I expected some delay in our food - one of the busiest restaurant days of the year, which, as a server, I'm well aware of. But it seemed to take an exceptionally long time to get both our appetizers and our entrees, even though it didn't seem like there were many tables on the same course - and two of our three courses required no cooking. Once everything came, it was definitely delicious, however!Special Features:
- excellent choicediningoutDined on 5/11/2014We reserved our table at the last minute for Mothers Day and were lucky enough to get a late cancellation. We arrived 40 mins after our reserved time because of the traffic jams on the Bay Bridge. The staff were kind enough to hold our table for us. Food and service were very good and live music was excellent without being a distraction. Reasonable prices for a great meal.Special Features: