Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar
401 Love Point Road
Stevensville, MD 21666Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rusticoonline.com/
- Phone: 4106439444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gino Romano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Main Dining Room With two big bay windows outlined with stained glass over looking historic Stevensville, our main dining room can accommodate up to 50. The main dining room is available daily for private parties during the afternoon or evening. The Tuscan Room Gorgeous bronze curtains & beads will be drawn to offer privacy from our main dining room. Our Tuscan room can accommodate groups of 12-20. Main Dining Room and Tuscan Room are available together for events of up to 80 persons. The Cellar Room Dine next to our cozy fireplace for a memorable evening. Our hand carved table can accommodate up to 8 persons or both cellar rooms can accommodate up to 15 persons. On Friday & Saturday evening a $300 minimum guest check is required to dine in the cellar room. Wine Bar Relax amidst a soothing environment with candles & Italian music as you & your guests sample wines paired with an array of Italian antipasti. Our wine bar can accommodate a reception for up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Michelina Scotto 4102124027
A word from Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar
Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar offers authentic Italian fare inspired by the traditional cuisine of Southern Italy. Gino Romano & Michelina Scotto bring their collaborative efforts and combined passion for distinctive Italian cuisine and wine to the revitalization of a historic landmark located in downtown Stevensville. The décor of Rustico emanates old world "rustic" Italy with a soothing palette of brick red, amber and natural cherry wood floors. The wine bar offers guests the opportunity to enjoy drinks before or after eating, sample pairings from our bar menu, or simply to unwind in a relaxing atmosphere. Rustico’s wine list offers over 20 wines by the glass as well as a 200 bottle collection, focusing mainly on the varietals of Italy, the second largest producer of wines worldwide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Stevensville ›
Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (23)special occasion (23)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Eating at Rustico RestaurantJewelsDined on 9/20/2014Rustico Restaurant is very nice, decorated very nicely, noise level alittle loud tho, a very nice dinner tho reservations were at 6:30 waited 2 1/2 hrs for main course, about a 20 minutes between each serving wich was alittle to long, but I would defiantly dine at rustico again, food was very good and service was great. After dinner walked over to the bar, enjoyed glass of wine and a singer. EnjoyedSpecial Features:
- Favorite RestaurantCZdineDined on 9/4/2014Rustico is our favorite restaurant on the Eastern Shore. The food is varied and delicious.Special Features:
- DeliciousSparkyDined on 8/30/2014Have been to Rustico on numerous occasions. The food is consistently delicious. Have traveled extensively and they have the absolute best calamari. My husband and I had the rock fish Mediterranean and penne vodka. Both were great and the portion are large enough to take some home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodJandJDined on 8/29/2014Great food, quaint historic small town and restaurant. Dine in or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, wine list, and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014This was the second time we went to Rustico and is now our favorite place for celebrations. We were there for our 30th anniversary and I couldn't have had a better experience! The food is great and the portions are large. The appetizers could easily be a meal by themselves. We had the 4 course dinner special and we walked out with several with several boxes and were completely stuffed. Our waiter (Lynn) was fantastic. She was especially helpful picking out the wine. It's kind of a pain to drive over the Bay Bridge just for dinner, but it's well worth it. If they opened a place in Annapolis I would go every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, Very GoodCharlieDined on 8/23/2014Sublime and relaxing atmosphere. Great food, wine, service and attitude. GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up and downLifelonglocalVIPDined on 8/21/2014Rustics has one great outside table, and we happened to get it. Everything was great except the wine service which is very important to me. The first wine we ordered came in a different vintage. I can understand that if it's not of the reserve list. Our waitress tried to tell us it was a misprint (5 years difference) but that wasn't the case. The next bottle arrives and it must have been stored near a furnace and was easily in the upper 70's in temperature. By the time it was cool enough, we were already into our entrees. This is all management's lack of care on details.Special Features:
- Who'd A Thunk?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014Just a shot in the dark on way to the airport. Great food and wine at the foot of the Bay Bridge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Wonderful service and even better food!! Truly impressed. The marinara sauce covering my pasta was perfect --fresh, tomatoey. perfect seasoning --- just like my Italian grandmother used to make! Also, the drinks were really good--- no skimping on alcohol. And last but not least, the apple streudel was divine!Special Features:
- MisleadingChefGWBVIPDined on 8/7/2014Booked a reservation thru open table. When I arrived, the restaurant was closing up for the evening. The doors were locked, and a member of the staff just stared at my friends and I through the window. We were coming from Annapolis and had to go through the toll! Had I known they were closing early or didn't keep the same working hours as advertised through Open Table, I would not have spent the few bucks or make the drive in that direction! They won't get a second visit from me or my friends! Very disappointed!
- Wonderful DinnerDanRDined on 7/27/2014Dinner was amazing with great specials! Food is always consistently great with good presentation. Service is on the mark. You never feel rushed. It was a relaxing evening with friends, great food and a full body wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Plus4seafoodDined on 7/26/2014Rustico is a great alternative and upgrade from the other seafood restaurants in the area. We celebrate adult birthdays and other events in this charming neighborhood homey atmosphere. Although Rustico does pasta and seafood well, our absolute favorites are the appetizers -- clams and mussels and baked brie -- as well as the apple dessert. Non-seafood fans do not have a lot of options, but no one has ever complained about the choices they make. Many of the wines are a little pricey for us, but we have never been disappointed with the wines we have found. Service was great, and felt very personalized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration with friendsORRNVIPDined on 7/26/2014As always food & ambience were great - a group of 8 - they set us up in a dining alcove which was perfect. All drinks, appetizers, salads came out in a timely fashion BUT we then waited an HOUR to be served our main courses. Not sure where the glitch occurred but definitely not up to standard for this usually fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealMo924VIPDined on 7/20/2014We've always been pleased each time we dine at Rustico. The food is excellent, the staff well trained and the value is good. This time we were joined by friends who simply loved everything about our lunch. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Diamond in the RoughJgs76Dined on 7/19/2014This is a quaint local Resturant with an outstanding wine list and an equally impressive menu. The ambiance is very nice and fits the menu. In short this is a must visit Resturant on Kent IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseMarilynDined on 7/17/2014A modest size gem in a small town a bit off the busy route traversing Kent Island. Menu is creative; the food terrific; and the prices are reasonable. They offer a great fixed price multi-course deal that we combined with another entree for a nice meal for the two of us. The seafood soup was a special treat!Special Features:
- Tricia'sKansasCityRestaurantsDined on 7/16/2014Nice find! Very pleased with everything. Will be back!Special Features:
- Don't Miss It!number1yummmDined on 7/15/2014I have been to Rustico four times now (2 lunches & 2 dinners)and each time it has been great! I love the main dining area; the service has been wonderful and the food is both delicious and beautifully presented! My new favorite place to go in the area. Thanks for a delightful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience again!CFREDDDined on 7/7/2014We go to Rustico regularly and the experience is always the same - great food, great service, great atmosphere. A real gem!Special Features:
- Fantastic RestaurantMLG944VIPDined on 6/29/20142nd time dining at Rustico's and they did not disappoint, everything was just as good as 1st time we were there. The Dinner menu has so many items that look great, it was hard to choose an item. The service was great and our waitress helped us narrow down our choices. We will definitely be going back in the future for the GREAT food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a magical place!MichaelAndJosephDined on 6/27/2014We returned to Rustico to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Our wedding at Rustico a year ago was a celebration of tastes, experiences and personal service from the staff and owner of Rustico. This dinner was a repeat of the experience on a smaller scale, but no less magical. Our party of four ordered the four-course dinner special on the menu. We sipped a wonderful French wine. We each had ample appetizers, a fresh, delicious salad, pasta entrees to die for, and a sweet ending. The service was impeccable and non-intrusive. The whole experience allowed us to enjoy conversation and well-timed arrival of all courses. The complete experience was superior and memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014Best restaurant in the Kent Island/Stevensville, MD. vicinity
- Awesome as usual!MaryTDined on 6/15/2014Lynn was our server and she is a gem. The special was Lobster Risotto and it was delish!Special Features:
- Best Halibut EverSuzyQDined on 5/31/2014I had their special Parmesan Halibut and it was devine.....perfect place to find fabulous food, great selection of wines and avoid the.crazy crowd of Kent IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 170 reviews are from the Rustico Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Rustico reigns supremeBethDined on 5/18/2014Dined at Rustico Sunday for the first time. It won't be our last. Food (ingredients, prep, presentation); wine, service, setting were first-rate. We've eaten in many mighty fine Italian restaurants between New York and New Orleans--and Rustico rates among the best. We'll cross the Bay Bridge to Rustico soon again. What a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great1977RockvilleDined on 5/17/2014Rust I is a gem! Always get great service here--and the food, particularly the pasta dishes, is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab!MaryTDined on 5/11/2014Celebrated Mother's Day this past Sunday. Great food, fab service, good friends!Special Features:
- Delicious Food, but Slow ComingsmalltownfoodieDined on 5/11/2014I was here on Mother's Day, so I expected some delay in our food - one of the busiest restaurant days of the year, which, as a server, I'm well aware of. But it seemed to take an exceptionally long time to get both our appetizers and our entrees, even though it didn't seem like there were many tables on the same course - and two of our three courses required no cooking. Once everything came, it was definitely delicious, however!Special Features:
- excellent choicediningoutDined on 5/11/2014We reserved our table at the last minute for Mothers Day and were lucky enough to get a late cancellation. We arrived 40 mins after our reserved time because of the traffic jams on the Bay Bridge. The staff were kind enough to hold our table for us. Food and service were very good and live music was excellent without being a distraction. Reasonable prices for a great meal.Special Features:
- Great Easter BrunchGrannyFrannyDined on 4/20/2014We often come to Rustico, but this our first brunch. Wasn't sure how the fixed menu would work out, but everything was as good as always. It was crowded, so the noise was to be expected and didn't detract from our wonderful experience. Wait staff was fantastic.Special Features:
- Easter DinnerWaitDined on 4/20/2014The only thing that was not favorable was that theyhad a musician playing and they wanted to seat us right in front of him while there were several other options. I think the restaurant it too small to have a Jazz horn player there but besides that the food was good and the designated drinks for teh event were great. The apple strusel dessert was wonderful. So the over all experience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Jazz BrunchMaryTDined on 4/20/2014Had a group of nine, Beverly was our server and it was the best Easter ever. Outstanding food and service. Going back for Mother's day!Special Features:
- goldenVIPDined on 4/18/2014We had a wonderful lunch at this tucked away spot near the Chesapeake Bay bridge. The zuppa de Pesce was wonderful. Full of seafood in shell and served with crusty bread. Also loved my arugula salad! Will definitely return for dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripadchotinVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had been to Rustico once before and were very pleasantly surprised so when friends came to town for my wife's birthday we decided to take the trip over the Bay Bridge to Stevensville for a repeat visit. None of us were disappointed. For starters we had bruschetta which the aficionados in the group agreed was as good as any they had tasted. 3 of us had veal picata and I had veal with a rose cream sauce. The veal was excellent and the sauce equaled the veal. The asparagus or angel hair pasta choice for accompaniment were both good but I thought the angel hair went better. For dessert we shared zabaglione & chocolate hazelnut cheesecake both of which were exdellent. The restaurant is charming, with warm colors and a friendly staff. Try it!Special Features:
- Six of us meet eat dinnerCCastoDined on 4/7/2014Six of us meet eat dinner out every month or so. We look for places that are new, different, affordable but most importantly yummy! Rustica meets all of the criteria. Every bit of the food was well prepared and well presented. The server was wonderful. She made super recommendations, kept up with our bantor, and met all of our needs before we knew we needed anything. Rustica is a comfortable place to meet friends for dinner, have a romantic anniversary dinner, or a nice evening away from cooking! The half price wine nights (Mon and Wed) add to the affordability as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeSkere9Dined on 3/29/2014One of my favorites, the menu is filled with delicious and unique options that I think would appeal to anyone who loves general American food, Italian, and seafood. The services is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a sharming gemSailorgirl28VIPDined on 3/25/2014a wonderful surprise in a little town. great atmosphere, yummy food, helpful wait staffSpecial Features:
- Perfect settingDanRDined on 3/22/2014The reservation was for 5 of us. We were seated in almost a private room with the utmost charm. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Great evening out with friends! Rustico is wonderful local restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere, great wine list and delicious food.Special Features:
- Birthday BlsshackacrabDined on 3/18/2014We went to Rustico to celebrate my wife's Birthday we had an absolutely outstanding experience. We sat in a cozy private room which was quiet and relaxing. Our server was Jen who was fantastic she follow our lead and allowed us to dine at our pace, her attention to wine service is top notch. The wine list is extensive, we enjoy California Cab’s and on her suggestion went with Villa Antinori an Italian Super Tuscan, a great wine which went perfect with the 4 of us who got the filet. The food was succulent the 3 Filetto ai Funghi was so tender and the mushroom sauce perfect, my wife had the lobster risotto with Prosecco so yummy highly recommend both! We had a great experience and can’t wait to return!Special Features:
- Will not dine late againWeekendineroutDined on 3/1/2014Ate in room with large party Too much noise, and movement close to our table Finally asked to be moved to empty table Mary, our waitress, was very helpfulSpecial Features: