Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant
223 N Water St, Ste 100
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusticopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 4142209933
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:30am, Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Brian C. Zarletti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant
Milwaukee Wisconsin’s Premier Pizza and Italian Cuisine Destination! Available For Delivery, Dine-In, Or Carry Out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (32)scenic view (26)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)romantic (16)good for groups (14)notable wine list (14)special occasion (13)hot spot (10)great for lunch (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- We love Rusticomarilyn189Dined on 9/3/2014A beautiful night on the river, great service, great food, great beverage options. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningnaturalfoodieDined on 8/30/2014We made a reservation for 8pm and were promptly seated on a Saturday night. However our table was inside and it was sweltering. We started sweating as soon as we sat down and asked out waitress if there were any cooler spots to sit, and she said the entire restaurant was that hot. We were about to leave to find somewhere else to eat when she suggested they had a table outside, which we jumped at. It was a very pleasant evening and we were sat right on the river walk by the water. Great view and atmosphere and 100x better than sitting inside in the heat. Our pizza was great and the fried olives were interesting. The service was prompt and very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Italian FoodbostonvisitorDined on 8/17/2014We had a great dinner at Rustico and it was a charming little restaurant. The service was great with food to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RusticoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Rustico didn't see my request via Open Table to sit outside. Why not?Special Features:
- Make a resMickieDined on 8/9/2014Good food, great patio, nice you can make reservations here even on a Sat night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Avg Food High PriceFrequentDinerDined on 8/8/2014Host was not friendly. Service was slow. Friday night. Table outside was great.Special Features:
- Food could be betterCorleoneDined on 8/6/2014Rustico is a summertime gem because of the outdoor seating on the Riverwalk. I am sorry to say that the food is just o.k. though. We ordered eggplant as an appetizer and we got maybe 6 pieces for $8.95. Ugh! Our pizza was just alright as far as taste. They need to step it up a little on their food and their experience will be perfect. Everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Night on the rivertfoodieDined on 8/5/2014great pizza and service! Nice place to bring out of town guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairOKAYDined on 8/3/2014The host was very rude. Wouldn't even make eye contact. We we assumed it was because we had a child with us. The waitress wasn't even sure how to pronounce items on the menu. The app and main course were brought at the same time so we had to eat cold pizza after enjoying our starter. The starter was pretty tasty and the pizza would have been as well if it were hot.Special Features:
- Great spot!zimmyDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed a Saturday evening dining outside at Rustico. Great food, wine, and attentive service. They have some great pizza selections that incorporate unigue ingredients! Try it out and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite pizza.CamusfanDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant has pizza that everyone in my family enjoys. It has become our favorite go-to pizzeria. Great drink selection and lovely location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good drinksWineDine89Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I went to Rustico the night before our one year wedding anniversary. We ordered the prosciutto pizza and meat balls; both were amazing. Our waitress was kind, helpful and provided great service. The only downfall was the fact that even though we added a note that we were celebrating our anniversary when booking our reservation through OpenTable, no one even wished us a happy anniversary. This has happened twice now through OpenTable, so I believe they deserve the fault. I definitely recommend Rustico, but if you're going for any special occasion, call to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good servicehjg33Dined on 7/15/2014Wanted a small meal before seeing a show downtown. Food was prepared well and came quickly, giving us plenty of time to finish and not feel rushed before heading to the Riverside. Prices, esp drink prices, are moderately high but not unexpected and I can't argue with the quality of what we ordered. Service was prompt and efficient. Would go again.Special Features:
- Milwaukee River DiningcalliopeDined on 6/15/2014Milwaukee has such a short outdoor dining season it is always a pleasant surprise to find another riverside outdoor dining spot with good food to enjoy an afternoon or evening dining and/or imbibing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchJportDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I went there for Father's Day brunch. I ordered frittata and she ordered scrambled eggs. Waited about 20 minutes. When order came the scrambled eggs were cold. We sent them back. Probably finished cooking the scrambled eggs before Frittata and let the eggs sit. Also did not have all the silverware when the eggs came back. May seem like nothing but details are important. They were not that busy at the time.
- Roo-stick-oh!JaySmizzyDined on 6/12/2014Toscana pizza was a great classic pizza -- lots of unique pizza combos to try. The cheese/apple/walnut appetizer recommended by our waitress was really tastey -- tons of cheese!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming with great foodNewGirl2MilwDined on 6/9/2014I like the atmosphere...except the tables are too damn close together! Food is always above average and priced well for the value. The staff is always attentive and if its not our waitress assisting, someone else is helping pour water or bring wine.Special Features:
- Love this pizzahighqualityburgersDined on 6/8/2014The pizza here is great. I love this thin style. The bread for the panini was not good. cold and kind of stale. That's OK, though. Just go there for the pizza and salads.
- First time visitleeinthefallsDined on 6/7/2014Friendly service and very helpful. My wife had the chicken focaccia and I had the pasta all'amatriciana. Both dishes were very good and we would have them again. We had a caprese salad as our appetizer which was also very good considering tomatoes and basil are not in season. Normally I have bread with this salad which is something I had to ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold pizzaKorabicVIPDined on 5/30/2014After waiting an unreasonable time for our pizza, it arrived to our table cold. We were given s hot replacement.Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Date Night SpotOutnaboutDined on 5/9/2014Despite the tables being very close to one another, my boyfriend and I love coming here for date night. No better place to kick back with a bottle of wine and a great pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FredVIPDined on 5/7/2014Thanks for the gluten free pizza and pasta options!Special Features:
- AberationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014Past visits always found extremely friendly and attentive help. This time, not so much. Waitress unable to smile, served wrong dish to party of two, interrupted conversation to write down coupon number, 25 minutes to get drink. Inattentive bartender, streetperson allowed to get half way thru restaurant asking for money. Other than that, things were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Rusticomarilyn189Dined on 4/26/2014Great food, pizza and the steak sandwich being a couple of favorites. Sitting out on the river is great in the summer. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Don't sit at the table in the aisleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014I made a reservation for 2 on Saturday, 4/26. We were seated at a 2-person table in the worst location in the restaurant. Due to the configuration of the room/walls, the table angled to the main aisle of the restaurant. I was bumped twice by people walking through the aisle and the waitress stepped on my foot, which goes to show how tight of a space this is. There really should not be a table in this location. I kindly asked to be moved to a different location in the restaurant, but we were denied this request because everything else was reserved (even the two open tables near us). My wife and I actually walked out of the restaurant because of the restaurant's unwillingness to find a new table for us. I've never done that before!
- Execellent as ususalOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/25/2014We had a late reservation, the restaurant was busy, the bar was busy and our table was waiting for us. The service and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!AmandaVargasDined on 4/25/2014We came to Rustico for a couples night out with 4 couples. We changed the number from 6 on our reservation to 8 about 30 minutes prior, and they were able to accommodate us with no problem. The staff was so friendly and the food was DELICIOUS! I will have to go back to order something different because there were so many amazing choices on the menu! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect crust, great topping choicecheyswag21Dined on 4/25/2014...just would have liked more water throughout our meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice affordable downtown diningIrishFoodie1Dined on 4/19/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner, excellent Italian American food, good wine, pleasant service with good friends makes for a very nice evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd ward destinationhate2cookVIPDined on 4/16/2014Great place , lots of choices for different tastesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pizza, amazing price.MxDVDined on 4/12/2014Definitely didn't feel like I overspent but the atmosphere and pizza were awesome. Our waitress was nice and gave us plenty of time to look over the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustico Pizzahate2cookDined on 3/22/2014I love this place. The atmosphere is great. The pizza and Casa salad are delicious. I also like all the Eggs Benedict choices for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad-full of FlavorNewGirl2MilwDined on 3/21/2014Pizza we got was alright-the prosciutto. Good flavor but pizza was almost too thick or not enough sauce. The pasta I would rate much better! Great combination and flavor. Garlic bread was much better then the regular bread. Worth the upgrade. I like the atmosphere...some of the upstairs tables are a bit too close, you know when people leave and can't help bumping you or your table. Otherwise service is EXCELLENT from everyone which is mostly why I would come back and recommend to others. Everyone was friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Time w/HubbyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014So glad we found this spot! We will definitely return - food was fantastic! We are vegetarians and there were plenty of options for us to choose from. We even took food to go for later that night. The ambiance was great - our server was fantastic (Marissa). Definitely earned a spot on our top 5 places to eat in Milwaukee.Special Features:
- Date NightflannelfridayDined on 2/21/2014It was a great place to go for a date. We were seated immediately at the time of our reservation. We also had excellent service, as the waitress and members of the staff were very attentive. We had some questions on the menu and the waitress was very knowledgable in answering our questions. We ordered house salads and a pizza to share. Both were excellent. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent service, great food!ynaffitDined on 2/15/2014Our server was great when we first arrived and very attentive. Unfortunately, due to the late hour of our reservation and the party of at least 10 that arrived shortly after we sat down, she quickly disappeared. After serving our meal and asking shortly after how everything was, we didn't see her again until about 10-15 minutes after we had finished our food and were waiting for the check. Other than that small mishap, everyone working there was exceptionally nice and very helpful for any needs we had. The food was all wonderful. We ordered Mama's Meatballs as an appetizer (I didn't even want them but they were SO good!) and the Carne pizza as the main meal. Will definitely come back again. I love that food is served til 1:30am!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Great DateMrsLoveDined on 2/14/2014I made reservations online for Valentines Day, it was super easy, I appreciated that. We were seated upon arrival and the service was lovely throughout the evening. The ambiance was warm and relaxed. We had a great time, it was a perfect place for our special night. The pizza was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoicejkeatsDined on 2/12/2014First time here. Food was good and nicely presented. Staff was very friendly and helpful with selections. The timing between appetizers and meals was good ( did not feel like we had to rush). The dessert selection was good and the desserts themselves were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointedDined on 2/8/2014This was our first time eating here. We love Zarletti's, so perhaps our expectations were too high. Pizza was ok, nothing great. Dough was too moist and gummy; sauce tasted just like canned crushed tomatoes; sausage tasted processed. The bread. was gummy too Salad was good but unimaginative. Cheese and apple appetizer was a disappointment. For pizza, I would go down the street to Times Square Pizza. It might not have ambiance, but it has great pizza.
- Cozy and "Rustic"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2014Fresh ingredients. Wonderful/personal staff. Suiting and casual ambiance with formal character and spontaneity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.