Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant
223 N Water St, Ste 100
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusticopizzeria.com/
- Phone: (414) 220-9933
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:30am, Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Brian C. Zarletti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant
Milwaukee Wisconsin’s Premier Pizza and Italian Cuisine Destination! Available For Delivery, Dine-In, Or Carry Out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (23)scenic view (18)neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (13)special occasion (12)romantic (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- rustico14Dined on 11/15/2014We had a nice dinner here with some out of town guests. The atmosphere was great and our waitress was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Service was great, salad was good, but the pizza was nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Great foodALpeteDined on 10/11/2014restaurant wasn't too loud and food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattypDined on 10/9/2014Food is great. Really like the Veal Panini and pizza! Nice place to go before a show or playSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stuffmarilyn189Dined on 10/4/2014Wonderful food and service, as always. Pizza and veal cutlet, as well as the chicken focaccia, all tasty.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceanniectaylorDined on 10/2/2014We came to Rustico for my birthday and loved everything about it. The server was so polite and attentive and the food was even better. We would absolutely recommend to a friend and will be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I was expecting great food given the owners of this little gem, but I was really blown away with its intimate, classy, yet fun atmosphere. Beautiful restaurant that really represents the culture of Milwaukee. Our group of female executives had a blast relaxing over interesting appetizers, delicious pasta entrees and great wine after a long day of meetings. The crème de la crème of the evening was our charming server! She was professional and knowledgeable of food and drinks, but didn’t take us or herself too seriously — we all just loved her! There were several tables of 6 to 8 guests, but no guest was left unattended or waiting.Special Features:
- A Nice Experiencepcb1107Dined on 9/20/2014Had lunch on a Saturday recently. With family. Had a very nice time and found the food to be quite good, and also generous. Tried two different pizzas, half of which went home for another meal. The green olive appetizer is not to be missed. Did to get a chance to take advantage of the beer or wine its (it was lunch people) but it looked quite good. Will have to go back sans kid some night.Special Features:
- We love Rusticomarilyn189Dined on 9/3/2014A beautiful night on the river, great service, great food, great beverage options. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningnaturalfoodieDined on 8/30/2014We made a reservation for 8pm and were promptly seated on a Saturday night. However our table was inside and it was sweltering. We started sweating as soon as we sat down and asked out waitress if there were any cooler spots to sit, and she said the entire restaurant was that hot. We were about to leave to find somewhere else to eat when she suggested they had a table outside, which we jumped at. It was a very pleasant evening and we were sat right on the river walk by the water. Great view and atmosphere and 100x better than sitting inside in the heat. Our pizza was great and the fried olives were interesting. The service was prompt and very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for Italian FoodbostonvisitorDined on 8/17/2014We had a great dinner at Rustico and it was a charming little restaurant. The service was great with food to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RusticoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Rustico didn't see my request via Open Table to sit outside. Why not?Special Features:
- Make a resMickieDined on 8/9/2014Good food, great patio, nice you can make reservations here even on a Sat night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Avg Food High PriceFrequentDinerDined on 8/8/2014Host was not friendly. Service was slow. Friday night. Table outside was great.Special Features:
- Food could be betterCorleoneDined on 8/6/2014Rustico is a summertime gem because of the outdoor seating on the Riverwalk. I am sorry to say that the food is just o.k. though. We ordered eggplant as an appetizer and we got maybe 6 pieces for $8.95. Ugh! Our pizza was just alright as far as taste. They need to step it up a little on their food and their experience will be perfect. Everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Night on the rivertfoodieDined on 8/5/2014great pizza and service! Nice place to bring out of town guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairOKAYDined on 8/3/2014The host was very rude. Wouldn't even make eye contact. We we assumed it was because we had a child with us. The waitress wasn't even sure how to pronounce items on the menu. The app and main course were brought at the same time so we had to eat cold pizza after enjoying our starter. The starter was pretty tasty and the pizza would have been as well if it were hot.Special Features:
- Great spot!zimmyDined on 8/2/2014Enjoyed a Saturday evening dining outside at Rustico. Great food, wine, and attentive service. They have some great pizza selections that incorporate unigue ingredients! Try it out and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite pizza.CamusfanDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant has pizza that everyone in my family enjoys. It has become our favorite go-to pizzeria. Great drink selection and lovely location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good drinksWineDine89Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I went to Rustico the night before our one year wedding anniversary. We ordered the prosciutto pizza and meat balls; both were amazing. Our waitress was kind, helpful and provided great service. The only downfall was the fact that even though we added a note that we were celebrating our anniversary when booking our reservation through OpenTable, no one even wished us a happy anniversary. This has happened twice now through OpenTable, so I believe they deserve the fault. I definitely recommend Rustico, but if you're going for any special occasion, call to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 70 reviews are from the Rustico Pizzeria - A Zarletti Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good food, good servicehjg33Dined on 7/15/2014Wanted a small meal before seeing a show downtown. Food was prepared well and came quickly, giving us plenty of time to finish and not feel rushed before heading to the Riverside. Prices, esp drink prices, are moderately high but not unexpected and I can't argue with the quality of what we ordered. Service was prompt and efficient. Would go again.Special Features:
- Milwaukee River DiningcalliopeDined on 6/15/2014Milwaukee has such a short outdoor dining season it is always a pleasant surprise to find another riverside outdoor dining spot with good food to enjoy an afternoon or evening dining and/or imbibing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchJportDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I went there for Father's Day brunch. I ordered frittata and she ordered scrambled eggs. Waited about 20 minutes. When order came the scrambled eggs were cold. We sent them back. Probably finished cooking the scrambled eggs before Frittata and let the eggs sit. Also did not have all the silverware when the eggs came back. May seem like nothing but details are important. They were not that busy at the time.
- Roo-stick-oh!JaySmizzyDined on 6/12/2014Toscana pizza was a great classic pizza -- lots of unique pizza combos to try. The cheese/apple/walnut appetizer recommended by our waitress was really tastey -- tons of cheese!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming with great foodNewGirl2MilwDined on 6/9/2014I like the atmosphere...except the tables are too damn close together! Food is always above average and priced well for the value. The staff is always attentive and if its not our waitress assisting, someone else is helping pour water or bring wine.Special Features:
- Love this pizzahighqualityburgersDined on 6/8/2014The pizza here is great. I love this thin style. The bread for the panini was not good. cold and kind of stale. That's OK, though. Just go there for the pizza and salads.
- First time visitleeinthefallsDined on 6/7/2014Friendly service and very helpful. My wife had the chicken focaccia and I had the pasta all'amatriciana. Both dishes were very good and we would have them again. We had a caprese salad as our appetizer which was also very good considering tomatoes and basil are not in season. Normally I have bread with this salad which is something I had to ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold pizzaKorabicVIPDined on 5/30/2014After waiting an unreasonable time for our pizza, it arrived to our table cold. We were given s hot replacement.Special Features:
- Great Date Night SpotOutnaboutDined on 5/9/2014Despite the tables being very close to one another, my boyfriend and I love coming here for date night. No better place to kick back with a bottle of wine and a great pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FredVIPDined on 5/7/2014Thanks for the gluten free pizza and pasta options!Special Features:
- AberationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014Past visits always found extremely friendly and attentive help. This time, not so much. Waitress unable to smile, served wrong dish to party of two, interrupted conversation to write down coupon number, 25 minutes to get drink. Inattentive bartender, streetperson allowed to get half way thru restaurant asking for money. Other than that, things were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Rusticomarilyn189Dined on 4/26/2014Great food, pizza and the steak sandwich being a couple of favorites. Sitting out on the river is great in the summer. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Don't sit at the table in the aisleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014I made a reservation for 2 on Saturday, 4/26. We were seated at a 2-person table in the worst location in the restaurant. Due to the configuration of the room/walls, the table angled to the main aisle of the restaurant. I was bumped twice by people walking through the aisle and the waitress stepped on my foot, which goes to show how tight of a space this is. There really should not be a table in this location. I kindly asked to be moved to a different location in the restaurant, but we were denied this request because everything else was reserved (even the two open tables near us). My wife and I actually walked out of the restaurant because of the restaurant's unwillingness to find a new table for us. I've never done that before!
- Execellent as ususalOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/25/2014We had a late reservation, the restaurant was busy, the bar was busy and our table was waiting for us. The service and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!AmandaVargasDined on 4/25/2014We came to Rustico for a couples night out with 4 couples. We changed the number from 6 on our reservation to 8 about 30 minutes prior, and they were able to accommodate us with no problem. The staff was so friendly and the food was DELICIOUS! I will have to go back to order something different because there were so many amazing choices on the menu! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect crust, great topping choicecheyswag21Dined on 4/25/2014...just would have liked more water throughout our meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice affordable downtown diningIrishFoodie1Dined on 4/19/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner, excellent Italian American food, good wine, pleasant service with good friends makes for a very nice evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd ward destinationhate2cookVIPDined on 4/16/2014Great place , lots of choices for different tastesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pizza, amazing price.MxDVDined on 4/12/2014Definitely didn't feel like I overspent but the atmosphere and pizza were awesome. Our waitress was nice and gave us plenty of time to look over the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustico Pizzahate2cookDined on 3/22/2014I love this place. The atmosphere is great. The pizza and Casa salad are delicious. I also like all the Eggs Benedict choices for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.