Rustico - Ballston
4075 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22217Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rustico - Ballston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusticorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5713841820x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Alissa Jeffery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Randolph
- Public Transit: Ballston-MU Metrorail station;# ART routes serving Ballston- * ART 41 * ART 42 * ART 51 * ART 52 * ART 53 * ART 62 Metrobus routes serving Ballston, * 1BCDEFZ * 2ABCG * 10B * 22A * 23AC * 25A,C,D * 25B * 38B
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On Street - Metered, Pay Garage located under building. Entrance off Randolph Street.
A word from Rustico - Ballston
Rustico is the quintessential neighborhood pub in the heart of Ballston in Arlington, Virginia. The menu features seasonal, hearty American fare from a wood-fired oven and grill, including pizzas and rotisserie meats, along with other rustic cuisine using the freshest local ingredients available. There"s also no mistaking Rustico's love for barley & hops! The bar's focal point is a custom galvanized bar with 40 brilliant taps book-ended by two massive coolers holding more than 400 different types of ales, lagers, ciders and stouts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rustico - Ballston reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (53)fit for foodies (50)great for lunch (45)good for groups (45)great for brunch (34)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (20)special occasion (19)notable wine list (12)romantic (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Slow Service, Great Drink SelectionKathleenVIPDined on 3/22/2014I love the atmosphere at Rustico, the food, and the bar scene, including the extensive beer and wine selection. The brunch beverages were good, but pricey. I'm always disappointed by the slow service at this restaurant. I'm not sure if the bar area was busier than usual for a Saturday afternoon, but it was March Madness. I think they only had one server for the whole section, which was not enough. The food was ok, but I would not get the breakfast panini again. The cinnamon sugar donuts with caramel sauce were amazing though and the bellini was a hit. I would go back again, but I would be prepared for slow service!Special Features:
- A great dealUvajillybeanDined on 3/15/2014I went to Rustico thinking that a place with such a reputation (both for food and beer) would be awfully expensive, but was pleasantly surprised. The food here is definitely worth the price and I loved that they had a Saturday night happy hour.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foods great drinks!SweetinthecityDined on 3/10/2014I think rustico has very tasty pizza!! And once again they delivered with excellent service great pizza and super drinks! Our service was wonderful we had joe and he was very sweet and had a lot of great recommendations on beer. This is my second visit and it was on a Monday night I made reservations and everything went smoothly. The restaurant was full but not crowded feeling. This is a consistent and great place! I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2014Foot was pre cooked for the salad, steak was not well done and the lettuce was wilted and really not that good.Special Features:
- Beer selection I awesome....draftRunstoeatDined on 3/6/2014Beer selection I awesome....draft and bottle beers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very much enjoyed our meallaurVIPDined on 3/2/2014very much enjoyed our meal and was tickled pink to see different and innovative items on the menu. had a great meal experience and would go again.Special Features:
- Great food; great serviceFoodFanVIPDined on 2/28/2014Dining at Rustico was a very enjoyable experience. The staff was very attentive without hovering and the selection and quality of food was exceptional. The atmosphere was very inviting; dim lit with soft music in the background. The menu had a good selection. I am very picky and eat a narrow range of foods, but I found numerous options to choose from. The ribs were fantastic and the carrot hummus was a unique twist on an old favorite. I highly recommend Rustico!Special Features:
- Best service I've had in awhileMargoDined on 2/26/2014Unfortunately I can't remember his name, my boyfriend and I have a great time with our server. Rustico has such a large beer selection and he was able to recommend great beers that fitt exactly what my boyfriend wanted. He also recommended the s'mores cheesecake as well and it was excellent. We had such a great time with him, he was funny, energetic and knowledgable. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Took over 40 minutes to be seatedbreakfastloverVIPDined on 2/26/2014I love Rustico. They have great food and a wonderful beer selection, but it is not a place to go with a large group. I made a reservation for 4 at 7:15 for a birthday dinner. At the last minute a 5th decided to come. I know Rustico had a 7:30 reservation available for 6. They refused to add a chair to a 4 person table because it would be difficult for the servers. We were forced to wait for for a bar table for 6, which was occupied by 2 women who had paid but were lingering. Then we got scolded for standing in the way of servers. We finally sat down after 7:45 pm. It was loud. We practically had to scream at each other. Service was slow. We could see our beers sitting on the bar for over 10 minutes. Dinner ended after 9:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinner spotCptlCowboyDined on 2/25/2014Their beer list is amazing: tons on draft, all grouped by style, and a thick book of bottles as well. Their pizza is excellent, perfectly cooked, and gives you a great variety. Try the risoto balls: they're like a grown up version of fried mac and cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014This was my third time dining here and I've had a great experience every time. The server I had this time recommended a great beer and the mussels I had were superb. It's a good place because you can still have a conversation since it's not too loud in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Left in LimboFalco2008Dined on 2/18/2014Meal started out fabulous; great manager helped with beer selections and apps. Evening got off to a great start. But something happened about half-way through. Never quite sure who was our waiter(s). Realized after after awhile that we were in a sort of limbo. No one ever came by to check on us. Waited about 20 minutes after we'd finished eating, flagged down a waiter to bring boxes for leftovers. Had to grab her again for dessert menus -- never had the sense anyone was "looking out" for our table. We got dessert menus but waited another 10 minutes for someone to come by, but just gave up -- flagged down a 3rd waiter who brought us our check. It was as if everyone disappeared after 8:45 pm. Bummer.
- One of the best pizzas in DC areaGdborgesDined on 2/18/2014Delicious pizza top to bottom. Appetizers are good too and beer menu variety is outstanding. Deserts are not heavy. Very good boutique food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nicebears5Dined on 2/15/2014This is the second time we dined at Rustiico. Both experiences were very nice. Food was good, service was average. Definitely would dine here again.Special Features:
- Great find in the suburbsTerriVIPDined on 2/15/2014We were visiting Ballston and trying to avoid driving during our visit. Rustico was a great find in the middle of a bunch of typical chain restaurants. The food was interesting, different, and really delicious. There's a beer for everyone's taste. We loved it so much we ate there three times over three days. The breakfast pizza with fried eggs on top (along with bacon, potatoes, and caramelized onions) was one of the best pizzas I've ever had (but I do have a fondness for anything with a fried egg on top!).Special Features:
- Never DisappointedDaveDined on 2/14/2014I've dined at this location several times. Usually I come for lunch with colleagues. The food is fantastic. It is the type of place where I find myself looking around at other tables to see what I might get on my next visit. Rustico is also a beer lover's paradise. My most recent visit was on Valentines day. My date and I enjoyed the pretzel and pork belly slider appetizers, both were delicious. We chose one of the specials for our entree, the Duck Confeit a L'Orange, and it was incredible. The duck was paired with a dirty rice and pickled cabbage that complimented it perfectly. The food alone does not warrant my 5 star rating. I have received excellent service on every visit as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very hip!LynneR912VIPDined on 2/11/2014A little chaotic at front desk - no one manning it continuously, phone ringing off the wall; BUT, the server and food were outstanding.Special Features:
- BrunchTheKingDined on 2/8/2014Small Brunch List but the French Toast is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSweetinthecityDined on 2/8/2014I went for lunch it wasn't super busy they have tons of festive beers for order but we did the brunch cocktails! They were rather tasty! We order the mushroom pizza which was super super tasty and the classic tomato and moz pizza which was also very good! Our waitress was lovely she was prompt in delivery and checked back with us but wasn't annoying about it! Seems like when it warms up it would be fun to eat outside! Winner for sure on the pizza front!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!FallsChurchDinerDined on 2/7/2014Excellent service, great food, huge beer selection, and kid-friendly. Recommend a reservation on Friday and weekend nights !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchMikeHikeEatVIPDined on 2/6/2014I had a terrific Beet Salad with Flank Steak cooked exactly to my requested medium rare. Service was great but not intruding making it easy to discuss business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMidnightGodDined on 2/4/2014This place was great. The service was on top of things the whole time, there is a beer for all tastes, and the pizza was awesome.Special Features:
- Sat in the bar area and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2014Sat in the bar area and service was not as good as usual. We had to wait for just about everything. Food was great as always. Love the crispy brussel sprouts!Special Features:
- Surprisingly quietLex20VIPDined on 2/2/2014Went there during the Super Bowl.....really low key. Good service and food came out fast. Got their $5 Temparnillo wine and friend got their $5 white....pretty good. But the place is known for their beer. Red pepper pizza with sausage - yum! Plus they have some really unique salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fantasticAnonymousDined on 1/30/2014I'll keep this simple - Rustico is a wonderful establishment. When you enter, you are greeted and asked if you would like to place your jacket on the coat rack. When you leave, you are satisfied from the thoughtfully-crafted food. Specifically, the carrot hummus appetizer is what dreams are made of. The entrees we got (braised beef, cheeseburger) were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaTeddDined on 1/24/2014Pizzas are the main attraction - always divine. We found the other food very good, just not as "wow" as the pizzas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and wonderful beerFoodie7839Dined on 1/23/2014The service food and ambience is on point at rustico. I have visited both locations and I think I favor the ballston location a smidge more just because there is always a great crowd. Our server was well versed on the beer which made selecting a second beer after enjoying my first one super easy and fun and he was right on point. The food was delicious. The pizzas at this place are creative and unique however if you aren't the adventurous type you can always make your own. The appetizer, salad and entree selections are fun and different and which kind of makes it tricky deciding what to order but it doesn't matter because you can't go wrong with anything you pick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for a groupanonymousDined on 1/23/2014Nice variety of options, helpful and attentive service. Food was tasty, and nicely presented.Special Features:
- Give it a try!dcfoodieDined on 1/19/2014Extensive, quality beer list and good food make this place worth a trip. We had the pork chop and the trout, with the Brussels sprouts for a starter. Everything was excellent. The service was very good. We sat in the dining room which was quiet enough but it did seem that the bar side with booths could probably get a bit loud. Overall a very nice dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for dates, great for meetingsRoabertDined on 1/17/2014VERY convenient location, excellent place to bring business colleagues and friends arriving via Metro. Good service, slightly noisy room, good menu but not very broad. Pizza can come with gluten-free crust, a big plus for some people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beers great but misleading menuAllieDined on 1/9/2014The beers are great. All of them. But unfortunately the menu wasn't up to date and my top choice wasn't on tap. Also not all of the ingredients on my pizza were listed on the menu. There is no excuse to list 4 out of the 5 ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2014Went here for a friend's birthday party with a large group. We were seated promptly and had excellent service. The food arrived quickly and our waiter brought out dessert with a candle for the birthday girl! All of the appetizers and pizzas were wonderful. Very reasonably priced as well. They were also very open to doing separate checks (and even offered without being asked). Overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustico BallstonGailDined on 1/4/2014Food was very good but different than the oven used at AlexandriaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so gooodbeersoplentyDined on 1/3/2014I go here at least once per week and I could eat there more often. Risotto tater tots are my jam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPENSIVE BEER!!!DekiruDined on 1/2/2014While the food was good, the service was not. And $38 for 3 beers... outrageous! I have been to Rustico before, but apparently I hadn’t paid such close attention to the prices. Fortunately I don’t have any more tuition bills!
- Rushed through dinnerLuv2dineDined on 12/31/2013We had 9 pm reservations, when we arrived at 9:10 we were told they were about to cancel our reservations because we were late even though the restaraunt was empty. Then we were rushed through our meal, we had paid our bill in under an hour. We just felt like the staff wanted us out of there so they could go home. Food is good, wish the staff was better!
- New Year's Eve DinnerGregDined on 12/31/2013The restaurant did a get job accommodating my wife and I, as we were running late and need to change our reservation by 30 minutes. However once we were seated I needed to say something to the hostess about the location of our waiter after waiting for ten minutes. After that the meal went great and we both enjoyed a great meal.Special Features:
- Rec thisAnnapolis1Dined on 12/29/2013Loved the restaurant layout. Could easily sit at a long table with a few tvs for NFL-watching (and not have to be at the bar). The menu was great with numerous options. Be specific if you want to substitute or alter a meal. Beers were not cheap. The server was nice but his ratio was like 1:20 tables, so we didn't see him often. It was a great place if you have the time to hang because the atmosphere is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustico, as always!bhwiiiDined on 12/28/2013Rustico is consistently great. They have an inspired menu. This was the first time I had been to Brunch there. Their beer list, and always-rotating beers on tap make this place worth the trip with or without the stellar food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchJackieDined on 12/22/2013I've been to Rustico a few times for dinner and loved it, so I decided to give a try for brunch. I had the shrimp and grits and a bellini, both were excellent and so was the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.