827 Slaters Lane
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusticorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7032245051
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Steve Mannino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Rustico
Rustico is the quintessential neighborhood pub on the edge of Old Town Alexandria. The menu features seasonal, hearty American fare from a wood-fired oven and grill, including pizzas and rotisserie meats, along with other rustic cuisine using the freshest local ingredients available. There’s also no mistaking Rustico’s love for barley & hops! The bar’s focal point is a custom galvanized inverted T bar with 30 brilliant taps book-ended by two massive coolers holding more than 250 different types of ales, lagers, ciders and stouts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rustico - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Rustico reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (19)good for groups (19)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (11)special occasion (10)romantic (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Beer and Flat breadsHStreetYuppieVIPDined on 8/24/2014We went here for brunch and sat outside on the patio. There seemed to be some confusion with getting our table, but besides that, it was a great meal. Huge beer list and lots of different flat breads to choose from. Would recommend the restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- GFgirlGFgirlVIPDined on 8/23/2014We love the gluten-free pizza and the beet salad is great, also! Love the selection of wines and gluten-free beers.Special Features:
- An Experience Unlike Any OtherfessmiqDined on 8/23/2014Words can not express how amazing, awesome and a fun place Rustico is. From the insane beer list to the amazing culinary offerings, this place has it all. But it's the service and personality of the Rustico team that sets it apart from all the others. This crew delivers an experience that is unlike any other experience I've ever had. My family (including two small children) only wish we didn't live three hours away as it would be our second home, but for now, it is the only place we'll dine when visiting the DC area. The extremely knowledgeable, friendly, passionate staff is so impressive that you can tell they are all in on delivering an exceptional experience to all of their diners. Rustico is a must experience time and time again.Special Features:
- Nice selection of beersOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014Deep fried deviled eggs threw me off but we tried them anyways and they were fantastic! I'll never look at deviled eggs the same again. The hostesses were in my opinion wasting the oxygen I could've been breathing. However our waiter made up for their incompetence. Overall the food was very tasty, seasoned very well, and appropriately portioned. Not the biggest variety of food but they had all the main proteins people look for with a larger selection of pizza, which I wasn't expecting. It doesn't give you the feel of a pizza joint. I would have given it a higher rating had the hostesses not irritated me.Special Features:
- An off nightSusanDined on 8/18/2014I have enjoyed Rustico over the years but this time (a Monday night) was a bit off. I was warmly greeted by a host and seated right away. But my dining partner's soda was flat and our service was very slow. The food was good but we had to wait forever for our server to pick up our check and to get refills. This is unusual as everything is normally top notch. I'll go back but perhaps on a busier night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For beer loversFoodie65VIPDined on 8/12/2014If you love beer-they got a whole menu! I like their roasted beet salad and pizza, they also have a good burger. Not a huge selection-but something for everyone:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustico FantasticoPoetArlington47Dined on 8/10/2014The superb food makes up for service that is a wee but tardy and rather loud noise levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchbkluverDined on 8/9/2014Rustico's brunch is a favorite of ours, so when our two teenaged grandsons were visiting, we took them, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed everything. Best French toast he'd ever eaten, 17-year-old said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sleepy lunch, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014The Calypso pizza and sweet prosecco made for a delicious combo when I met an old friend at Rustsico for an early Saturday lunch. Service was attentive and warm. Flavors in pizza were scrumptious.Special Features:
- Fantastic neighborhood findRustico1Dined on 8/6/2014Great restaurant with a menu that changes regularly and new items added accordingly. Fantastic wood fired oven pizza and a beer selection that is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!LeitchDined on 7/25/2014We frequent rusticio and every time they deliver on great food and service!Special Features:
- loud and crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2014Not the place for a quiet anniversary dinner. However the food was excellent and the beer worthwhile. The server attempted to make the dinner as romantic as possible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and spotty serviceMPreDined on 6/29/2014This was our third time at Rustico, the location is convenient and we needed a place where our 18 month old wouldn't disturb the peace and Rustico is good for that. The past two times the service has been so slow that we got free refills on our soft drinks. This time, the service was slow, the hostess was not friendly and had us put our high chair directly in the late afternoon sun (saying that's the only place it could go) and when we asked for a new table so my son and I weren't blinded by the sun and they didn't accommodate. Overall I was unhappy, the food was okay, maybe go here for the bar. If you have little ones who get impatient after an hour between ordering and receiving your food, go elsewhere!
- No AC and very poor serviceAwfulDined on 6/18/2014They decided to not turn on the AC despite it being 95 degrees out. I was there with clients from out of town and chose Rustico based on my many previous positive experiences there and knowing the food is always good. It was somewhat embarrassing given we had had a rough day of meetings. Service was terrible. Waited for 20 minutes for drinks only to be told that their mint wasn't up to par and could they get us something else (another 15 minutes passed before the drinks came). Our waitress was great but it was clear they were understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great finddawnomacDined on 5/31/2014This place is great. The staff is also amazing and very friendly. When the weather is nice I love sitting outside. The inside is a bit loud which might be a problem for some people, but there is a lot of energy inside on a busy night. Its a great place to meetup with friends or for dates. The food is very good especially the carrot hummus and the donuts for dessert. The selection of beers is great along with the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedal4gzuz2Dined on 5/29/2014Rustico is a place I wanted to love, but after 3 attempts I'm not sure I will return. The good: The food is good. I judge a place by their burger, and the burger is good. The ambiance is possibly my favorite element - an excellent mix of modern bar with classy dining. The bad: Just too expensive. I would pay $14 for a burger of the right size, with ample sides, but I can get the same meal at a number of nearby places for $10-12. The appetizers are delicious, but very small portions for $8! Service - Our server took the time to inform us that there is a $20 uncorking fee for BYOB wine, but failed to mention that the happy hour discount on canned beer only applies to some cans (which are not marked).Special Features:
- Not as good as usualpickyeaterDined on 5/29/2014I generally love Rustico, BUT, dining the other night, I was really disappointed. We waited too long for someone to offer water and take our drink order. When a waitress did come, she was rather unfriendly and made it clear she was only there to give us water (none for the kids, though) as our waiter would come in a few minutes. When I ordered, I asked for kids food to be brought first but to delay mine a bit, since my spouse was delayed in his arrival. I ordered a starter to fill the gap. The starter came, then the kids food, then my dinner, all within a couple of minutes of ordering the starter. Very annoying. The food also wasn't presented as nicely as usual--like there wasn't much care that went into any of it. Not a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, as alwaysyeasarisVIPDined on 5/28/2014Rustico is my favorite restaurant...there I said it!! Every time I return, the food is delicious, the beer choices are exciting and diverse, and the service is top-notch while also relaxed and friendly. This time, we went with a group for my birthday and I certainly felt that everyone went above and beyond to make it a special experience. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient Stylish SpotTone509Dined on 5/25/2014My wife and I live nearby but never took the opportunity to visit until some friends of mine came into town. They were familiar with the Arlington location (which I hadn't known about) so it was an easy sell for Sunday Brunch. I got the Cubano sandwich, my wife got the French Toast entree and my friends each got a mini-pizza. All of us enjoyed our dishes. There was one minor glitch: a continuing issue with my Sprite coming out flat. It took three times for them to realize that both the syrup and CO2 needed to be adjusted. I wasn't charged for it so I give them credit for that. The ambiance was cool if occasionally pierced by a wailing baby or two. Nonetheless, my wife and I decided that this would be our go-to place for a minor splurge.Special Features:
- OKOU812Dined on 5/23/2014Food was medium regular, service was great, the ambience was satisfactorySpecial Features:
- First TimerscdjslpDined on 5/23/2014Our experience was fantastic. We ordered three appetizers, three beers, one glass of wind and four entrees for four adults which averaged about $25 each. The waitress was excellent and all other wait staff were friendly and helpful. The food was delicious. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEasilymisledDined on 5/13/2014I have been to Rustico's several times but not routinely. Something has happened and hopefully I am the only one that's noticed the change. The food was not even near what it once was. The salad was soggy, the ribs were just ribs with a fancy name, and our pie crust was burnt. I won't be returning unless it is just to go to the bar.Special Features:
- Great Experience and Food!JessicaDined on 5/12/2014Went to Rustico for a double date and initially had reservations for outside on the patio. Since a storm was expected, the host kindly gave us a booth inside. Excellent and genuine waiter, never felt rushed, wonderful appetizers and draft beers. Ordered for the table: pretzels, risotto balls, carrot hummus, and lamb meatballs. My date and I tried the rainbow trout and scallops- delicious! Would recommend Rustico for a night out with friends and/or family :) NRG Restaurants never let me down.Special Features:
- Great ItalianjohnDined on 5/11/2014Rustico consistently delivers authentic Italian gems. This is not a bad item on the menu. Most of all, they are wine friendly if you choose to bring your bottle but they offer an extensive italian list. It's a go to place for italian….Special Features:
- No FussEasyGoingDinerDined on 5/11/2014Rustico is just a great easy going place to dine. Whether with friends or family they have great food, an outstanding beer selection and a no fuss, easy going atmosphere. I had Mother's Day brunch with my wife and two year old son and had a great time as always because its easy to just relax and the service is extremely understanding and flexible. I recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- A good neighborhood restaurantAlexandriaTimDined on 5/10/2014This was a good restaurant, but I was unhappy with the long wait times. We arrived at our appointed time for our reservation, but then our waitress didn't arrive to take our drink orders for at least 10 minutes, perhaps longer. We then placed our order, but it seemed to take a very long time for our drinks to arrive. The food was good, but overall the service was just very slow and none of the wait staff seemed in much of a hurry to deliver anything to our table.
- The following 476 reviews are from the Rustico reviews archive.
- Good food and great beer list.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/3/2014Good food. Service, and beer list. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJrTerpVIPDined on 5/1/2014We had a great time again at Rustico. The service was fantastic and when I asked the server (Garrett) about the lamb meatball recipe, he brought me a copy of it to take home. My only constructive criticism would be to improve kid service. Most parents will tell you that if their little one is taken care of, they enjoy their experience that much more. Yes, they have a kids menu. However, every time we've been there it seems as though the servers aren't sure what to do with small children. Sometimes the leave the glass and silverware; sometimes they pick them up but never bring any other utensils or offer another drink for the child. Maybe offer to bring the kid's meal out as soon as it is ready? And napkins. Always extra napkins.Special Features:
- NoisyTootsieVIPDined on 5/1/2014The food was great, the service lagged but the noise level was impossible. You go to restaurants to enjoy not just the food but the company. We had to yell to even be heard buy the person next to us and we were in a booth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustico was Yumm-ico!MattVIPDined on 4/30/2014My wife and I had been to the newer Rustico in Ballston, really enjoyed ourselves, and last week found ourselves needing a place to meet a friend for dinner in Alexandria. Our friend was staying around the corner from this original Rustico, and we enjoyed ourselves immensely! The 3 of us love to share different items, and Rustico is perfect for that, with a wide array of small plates (we went with lamb meatballs and and incredible beet salad) and being able to sample 4 different micro-brews was a bonus...our excellent server selected 4 delicious beers based on our general tastes, and we chased those with seared scallops and a delicious mushroom pizza. We may never battle with Old Town's traffic again...Special Features:
- Great experienceluv4beerDined on 4/28/2014Rustico had great service, food and beer selection. Overall an amazing time. My ony concern is a couple of the beers that me and my girlfriend tried were flat. My ipa was slightly flat but that does not speak to the all the other beers they offer. Something may have been wrong with the tap on the particular beer. Overall the food and beer selection was outstanding. I will come again!Special Features:
- Great beer selection! Must go againMagpieFanDined on 4/26/2014Easy to find just on the outskirts of Old Town with a parking lot around back. The beer choices were amazing and extensive! The food was tasty, but a little on the expensive side compared to what I'm used to, although within reason for the area. Reservations are a must if you want to get in because it was really crowded and a bit noisy, but not so much you couldn't have a conversation. Definitely a great hang out spot to meet up with friends, though not really accessible by Metro. The server was knowledgeable of the food and beer and made some great recommendations. Staff were friendly and inviting. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Brunch plsRusticoFanDined on 4/26/2014Their brunch menu was great. App: fried deviled eggs & sweet potato and egg My friends had shrimp and grits, I had the Croquet madame, and forgot what my hubby had. He really likes the saizon beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!FoodieWannaBeDined on 4/13/2014The only bad thing about this place? It gets pretty darned noisy. If you are prepared for that in advance, you'll have no issues because everything else about Rustico is outstanding. Rustico has an amazing beer list - they need a notebook to capture all of your options. My White Alagash was perfect for a very warm April night. Our dinners were also outstanding (we had pizza, pasta, and fish - all were amazing but the fish was soooo flavorful and moist that I would get it next time). Best of all was the service. From the huge smiles when we were greeted to our friendly and knowledgable waiter. I only wished Rustico was near our home in upper NW so we could come here more regularly!Special Features:
- Donuts, Donuts, DonutscopsonVIPDined on 4/13/2014Had a delicious brunch but the highlight was the cinnamon sugar donuts with caramel sauce. Can't say enough good things about them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE went on a busy SaturdayjackVIPDined on 4/5/2014WE went on a busy Saturday night. A group of 6 and they had our reservation ready when we arrived. Good food, everyone liked the beer and service was excellent..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/3/2014Great food, drinks and atmosphere. Good prices makes for an easy place to meet friends.Special Features:
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2014You can tell these guys really love food. Especially pizza. The white pie was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/31/2014Rustico was a good place to grab a bite late at night. I had the kale salad. It wasn't bad! The risotto bites tasted like something that had been frozen then fried. I wouldn't get them again. I had a lovely sour beer. I'm curious about their beer selection. Will probably be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceReedDined on 3/28/2014Pizza is really excellent! And the extensive beer list is incomparable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.