827 Slaters Lane
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusticorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (703) 224-5051
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Evan Buchholz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: For those who have enjoyed dining at Rustico and wish to have us cater your next event, we are pleased to partner with 550 Events & Provisions, a chef-driven, full-service catering and events company. As a member of the Neighborhood Restaurant Group’s family of award-winning restaurants, 550 possesses an unparalleled depth and breadth of experience, as well as culinary talent. For inquiries and more information, contact 550 Events & Provisions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Rustico
Rustico is the quintessential neighborhood pub on the edge of Old Town Alexandria. The menu features seasonal, hearty American fare from a wood-fired oven and grill, including pizzas and rotisserie meats, along with other rustic cuisine using the freshest local ingredients available. There’s also no mistaking Rustico’s love for barley & hops! The bar’s focal point is a custom galvanized inverted T bar with 30 brilliant taps book-ended by two massive coolers holding more than 400 different types of ales, lagers, ciders and stouts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Rustico - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Rustico reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (24)great for lunch (18)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (15)special occasion (15)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (9)late-night find (9)notable wine list (6)Show More
- never disappointed!mellyVIPDined on 2/9/2014Great food, great service --- every time. Menu changes, and although something you love may be gone --- something better is there to take it's place. I absolutely love Rustico, and recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet.Special Features:
- Yum!ses11Dined on 2/7/2014Went here for my brothers birthday. It was great! The grilled pizza Is a must. The beer list is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen crew needs work on new menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/30/2014I ordered the Bolognese. The noodles were cooked completely wrong. They were all stuck together like a hockey puck in the bowl. I had to cut pieces off to eat. On the inside of the clump the noodles were raw. You would think they would know how to cook pasta. And the chef shouldn't have let the dish out of the kitchen. It was there first week with a new menu, but the dish was inexcusably bad. The pizza my wife ordered was fine. The servers were good, but seemed a little bored since the place wasn't that crowded. We've eaten at other Neighborhood Restaurant Group venues and really had good meals, which makes this disaster of a meal surprising. Hopefully they get it together, but I'm not heading back there any time soon.
- Try the deep fried deviled eggs!MexicornVIPDined on 1/27/2014Every time we come here, we have to order the deep fried deviled eggs, they're irresistible! The pizzas are also outstanding. Lastly, the beer list is quite robust and the option to order sample sizes of any draft is great for those who want diversity without the tipsiness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place in North Old TownSanFranVisitorVIPDined on 1/27/2014I've eaten here off and on for four years and it's often a mixed bag. The menu is a little funky. It's a great place if you like micro brew. It was a convenient spot to have a dinner meeting, and my guests enjoyed themselves. I'd give our pizza a solid C+, but our waiter Jay gets an A for outstanding service. Nice guy - ask to be seated in his section.Special Features:
- Mmmmm beerceltsownerDined on 1/25/2014A very extensive beer list leaves a diner with many choices (perhaps too many choices). The food was good, but not necessarily anything to write home about. If I lived in the immediate area, I might go there occasionally but I don't know if it is worth the trip when there are so many other good restaurants in Alexandria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Fancy or SimplePatSVIPDined on 1/20/2014If you enjoy good food, done well and a friendly neighborhood lively vibe, this should be your new place. We were looking for something simple, not all of the courses, but a glass of wine a bowl of pasta with great sauce for one, a well done pizza for the other with some nice wine - score. If you have not tried it you should.Special Features:
- Quick and deliciousmandaDined on 1/19/2014We decided last minute to eat out, used Open Table, After being disappointed the chicken special was no longer available, ordered eggplant and pizza along with a meatball starter. Everything came out fast, hot, and delicious. While we were not in any hurry and not rushed at all, when we left we noticed we were in and out in well less than an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodlriversDined on 1/18/2014Stopped in for a quick bite and was pleased as usual. Attentive servers, good drink, and tasty food. This is our solid standby for Alexandria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaVisitorFromMarylandDined on 1/17/2014Pros: First time at this place. I'd heard it was good and it was. I was very tempted to get something other than the pizza, but I'm glad I didn't. The pizza crust was great. I'd been to a similar place in Brooklyn, NY in Dec that had gotten rave reviews from the locals there. I think Rustico's pizza was even better. Service was very good as well. I'm looking forward to a return visit. Cons: The noise level was too loud for a comfortable conversation even on the dining room side away from the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RusticoirishcsrVIPDined on 1/3/2014Great food, considerable energy at the bar, good service from friendly staff, able to explain the brew list. The appetizers, salads, and pizza are always good-excellent. The special this night was superb. Recommend Rustico highly.Special Features:
- Rustico in Alexandria tendscrsimoniiVIPDined on 12/31/2013Rustico in Alexandria tends to be hit or miss, for us. Tonight was a miss. It doesn't matter what time of year it is; this restaurant is always freezing inside. During winter, my wife never removes her coat, and during summer, she brings along a sweatshirt. We tried the 'spicy' chicken pizza, which, to our disappointment, was not at all spicy. The chicken was dry, and neither the cherry peppers nor chipotle tomato sauce provided any of the advertised heat. Our server was friendly, but insincere. Nearing the end of our meal, he routinely asked "May I bring you anything else this evening?" I responded "May we see a dessert menu, please?" "Actually, the kitchen just closed." Fail.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAllisonDined on 12/31/2013I really enjoyed Rustico. We went there for New Year's Eve with another couple and had a wonderful time. The food is a little different... and I say this only because its not your usual dishes some combinations I would never think of, but everything had a great taste and we thoroughly enjoyed our night. The service was outstanding and our waitress was very knowledgeable and friendly. I would definitely recommend it and we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/31/2013we consistently love this restaurant. It's always good for a great meal, good food and great service. Would always recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza and beerLilyVIPDined on 12/23/2013Great beer list, happy hour, and delicious pizza. Entrees good too.Special Features:
- Food was very good. ServersJudyDined on 12/22/2013Food was very good. Servers helpful and showed just the right level of friendliness. the restaurant is a bit loud-- but understandably so.Special Features:
- The place to find a beer you'll luvarbucloVIPDined on 12/18/2013Even if you don't think you like beer you'll find one you like here! There are great descriptions of each beer, expert servers to guide you and tasting sizes so you don't have to make a big commitment if you're not sure you're gonna like it. The food list isn't huge but interesting and well made. To start, we had the chicken dip, yes, chicken dip. Warm, creamy, a good beer foil. Burger was juicy and cooked to the doneness ordered and the fries were more-ish. I've often been disappointed by mussels but these here were terrifically cooked with a delightful broth into which you'll be dunking the bread over and over. The app size is plenty for a main meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome timejaGaDined on 12/15/2013Brunch was delicious. One member of our group was a half hour late and the wait staff was patient and continued to provide great service. The ambiance is open and energetic. The food was fantastic. I got the the pulled pork hash which was delicious. Others got the breakfast panini which came on a puffy bread that seemed a cross between a fresh tortilla and naan (meal got rave reviews) and the burger, which also got good marks.Special Features:
- Tempting dishes that hit themegpDined on 12/12/2013Tempting dishes that hit the sweet spot between palate-teaser and comfort food. Generous portions, cheerful service and affordable wine choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but way too loud.Dex024VIPDined on 12/3/2013Great food but way too loud. Could not even hear folks at our table...Special Features:
- Service was terrible. VeryDerbylaneDined on 12/1/2013Service was terrible. Very slow and uneven. Food was tasteless.Unfortunate becaus the last couple times I've eaten here I;ve been really impressed by the service and the food. Hoping they were just understaffed after the thanksgiving holiday?
- Food was good but not great.BurnsyDined on 11/30/2013Food was good but not great. egg app just ok and Burger just okSpecial Features:
- GreatgregDined on 11/26/2013Food here was outstanding. The fried deviled eggs are one of the best dishes I've had in the DC area. Beer list is encyclopedic, but that's almost come to be expected with an NRG restaurant. I can't see how someone would eat here and have a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place - Not so good night!gmatitiDined on 11/23/2013We love Rustico and have always had great food and great service -- until Saturday! We waited and waited for our food. Ice tea refills were impossible to obtain. And then, one person in our group ordered an Angus Burger without sauce, the waiter repeated it back but it arrived loaded with sauce. Since it had taken almost 45 minutes to receive our order, he did not send it back. By that time, all we wanted to do was eat and get out of there. This experience is not typical. We will go back as this is one of our favorite restaurants. I am not sure what happened this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot get enough!LeahVIPDined on 11/17/2013I take everyone to Rustico - it's simply that good. Whether it's brunch, lunch or dinner you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummyluv2dineVIPDined on 11/12/2013I had the pork shank and substituted creamed spinach for the black eyed peas and collards; the creamed spinach was interesting as it seems they put mustard seeds in it, it's a good different though! I also had the kale salad which was awesome. My father had the meatballs which he loved, I didn't care for them, and then a pizza. Can't ever go wrong with a pizza from this place. Tried a few of the more interesting beers on their list. Although I thought service was spot on, I felt a little off when the server tried to steer me towards different beers then the ones I actually wanted to try because of her personal feelings about them (and obviously taste preference). Other than that, service was great, host team was very welcoming.
- Almost perfectJrTerpVIPDined on 11/11/2013The service was a little slow and the pumpkin and goat cheese pizza could have used a little more cheese and nuts and a little less spinach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef is so talented andAnonymousVIPDined on 11/9/2013The chef is so talented and inventive; staff is great - very friendly and helpful. Love to dine there.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD - GOOD WINE - FANTASTIC!gmatitiDined on 11/9/2013I love going to Rustico! On this visit, I had the lasagna. OMGosh! It was amazing. My husband had the hamburger and loved it. Both of us were very happy and the price was better than I expected -- even with a glass of wine! I Rustico is my favorite restaurant of all. The grilled Caesar salad is out of this world. LOVE this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable BEER List..JamesDined on 11/1/2013We've been several times and opted to go before a Halloween party to meet friends. The beer list is good, cool seating and decor, and food's good. Really good place to meet people and hang out. Meeting friends is usually easy if they are familiar with the north side of Alexandria but folks coming from Rt 1 south from Crystal City have gotten lost. My only reservation about Rustico is that the portions are small so should go there with an upscale expectation.. Pricing is not bad though, so minor to minor++ gripe.Special Features:
- Great Food/Beer Knowledgeable StaffEvachanelDined on 10/31/2013The food is excellent. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. I enjoy Rustico's specialty pizzas (Pumpkin and Fried Green Tomato). My friends love Rustico's beer selection. I like how Rustico's website is always updated. You can check the website for upcoming events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer selectioncannoloDined on 10/22/2013We were impressed by the nice selection of beers both on tap and in bottle. The mussels were really yummy and the pizza could hold its own. The ambiance is nice. It makes for a good evening for two or a great group meeting. The service was brisk and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They tend to undercook theirnicknameDined on 10/22/2013They tend to undercook their food at this restaurant. I tried the brisket (25.00) and it was thick chopped, not tender and dry. I informed our waiter and he had me try the salmon which was also undercooked. The mushroom bread pudding was also dry and contained no rich mushroom flavor. It tasted like stale cornbread. Beer was excellent and service was excellent. ...food? Not so much!
- My go to restoLeahVIPDined on 10/12/2013Rustico has always exceeded my expectations for every meal. Torn between brunch or dinner being my favorite but between their brunch burger to pizzas to their deviled eggs you can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pizza was terrific! TheItalianbymarriageVIPDined on 10/10/2013The pizza was terrific! The eggplant parmesan entree could use more eggplant parmesan and less salad, though. There were only five or six bites of eggplant parmesan. Enough for an appetizer, perhaps, but not an entree.Special Features:
- Rustico offers consistentlyAndriaDined on 9/22/2013Rustico offers consistently excellent food and service! Great value as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gourmet pizzaElisaVIPDined on 9/21/2013We ordered the pizza specials and both were delicious. Kid pizza was also very good. Service was friendly and attentive. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Unfortunately the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/18/2013Unfortunately the service this time was not up to par. I've eaten there many times for lunch and don't usually have any complaints but tis time we were there for 40 minutes and still did not have our entrees. When we flagged the waiter down and asked about our food he said "oh I didn't know you were in a hurry I'll ask the kitchen to rush the food". It still took another 10 minute sto get the salad and another 15 to get the pizzas and they got the order wrong! The hostess did not seem interested in any of this when I told her about it on the way out. I may not be interested in going back any time soon!
- Good food, great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2013Good food, great atmosphere and really great beer. What's not to like? I live in Fairfax but, go to this Rustico often to meet friends or family because it is always good and a very reliable choice of a good casual place to eat out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fresh and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2013The food was fresh and very delicious. The presentation was excellent and the service was fast and efficient. I would recommend to friends and family. The place and clean and presentable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.