210 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rustickitchen.biz/
- Phone: 617-423-5700x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Kelly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private function space. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Stellato 6174235700x
- Entertainment: Home of "The Cooking Show" airing now on Xfinity! Every Friday evening live from our broadcast kitchen studio, Chef Liz Bramwell hosts an intimate and lively live cooking show for 22 guests. Tickets must be bought in advance @ www.TheCookingShow.tv
- Special Events: Call for more information
A word from Rustic Kitchen
Rustic Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant featuring New American cuisine in an Old World style Bistro. Our menus are crafted with local and seasonal items that are always prepared fresh daily in a friendly and comfortable bistro-style setting.Continued
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
To allow for a proper dining experience please make your Friday and Saturday resevation two hours in advance of a theater show time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rustic Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (50)special occasion (48)fit for foodies (36)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- PotatoDined on 8/16/2014Brought a group of 8 here for dinner as part of my best friend's bachelor party to kick off the night. Service was good. The food was AMAZING. The food (especially the apps) are VERY pricey but you do get what you pay for in terms of quality. I would recommend this place for sure.Special Features:
- interestingJudyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Came here for a quick dinner before seeing Jackson Browne at the Opera House. It was so early that we were the only diners at first. Good service, good food, interesting ambiance and design. Would go back.Special Features:
- Delicious Food!GailDined on 8/14/2014We ate at Rustic Kitchen mainly because we were staying in the adjoining Revere Hotel, but were blown away by the quality of the food and the lovely ambiance and service. Both my sister and I had house made pasta dishes which were outstanding, unique and served in huge portions. Also notable is the Burrata appetizer, which was the best I've had. Attentive service and good cocktails as well. I would go again when I am in Boston.Special Features:
- Great for dinner before a show!FirstTimeCustomerDined on 8/13/2014I was looking for a fun, easy place to have dinner before a show in the Theater District, and this turned out to be perfect. The location is very convenient, and the service was prompt and pleasant. Jamie took wonderful care of us as our server, and helped us pick out great wine and gluten free options for my girlfriend. The food was delicious. We loved the high booths where my girlfriend and I could dine "side by side". I would definitely return next time I am headed to the Theater District for a show!Special Features:
- Can't wait to return!LovetotravelDined on 8/1/2014We recently ate dinner at Rustic Kitchen, and were so impressed with every aspect of our meal there. The wait staff is more than capable, knowledgeable, and friendly; everything is taken care of in a quiet, helpful manner. Upon being seated, we were given a sensational white bean dip and basket of homemade focaccia bread....we devoured it, and had we not been anticipating some great entrees, would have taken up the waiter's offer to bring us more! We were glad, however, that we saved some room for our dinners, as they were delicious; my She-Crab Pasta was memorable. Every single item that came out of that kitchen was piping hot, which to us, is a plus. We will anticipate our return to Boston and most certainly to the Rustic Kitchen!Special Features:
- JoeBDined on 8/1/2014We've been to the Rustic Kitchen several times and it is always amazing! Looking forward to visiting again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Four of us went for dinner at Rustic Kitchen to celebrate a birthday. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Everyone's meal was perfect. Thank you!Special Features:
- Rustic KitchenMorogDined on 7/29/2014We have been to Rustic Kitchen a number of times. While the decor is a bit too theme-based, the food is really quite good and reasonably priced, and we have found the wait staff to be very attentive without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super for familiesHappyDadDined on 7/26/2014This place is fantastic for kids, but great for the parents at the same time. Kids will not make a scene here, but it's classy enough for the parents. Best of both worlds. I've been twice and had the petite filet mignon both times. Just fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningJeffDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful time at Rustic Kitchen, as always. The food and service were delightful and the ambience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencepickyeaterDined on 7/19/2014We walked over from a matinee at the Boston Opera House for a early dinner. The food was very good, near "excellent". Wife had the duck. It was very well prepared, not greasy. She was not a fan of the sauce served on the plate, but other than that, she enjoyed the meal. I had the hanger steak, also very good. Enjoyed the mild sauce served over it, as well as the watercress salad and the fries that came with it. We're not drinkers, so can't comment on the wine list, but the ambience is great. Really liked the look of the place. Down the line we might consider checking out the cooking show that they shoot at the restaurant. It was cool seeing the set in the back of the restaurant. Overall, we were not disappointed and would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, nice atmosphereFamilythatlovesdiningDined on 7/17/2014Our family of 4 enjoyed our meal. The ambience was very welcoming.Special Features:
- Good for a groupBeckyDined on 7/17/2014It was suprisingly easy for them to accomodate my group of 6 for a mid-week lunch. Our waiter was great, dealing competently with a variety of special requests. I always enjoy the ambiance at Rustic Kitchen.Special Features:
- DenschoDined on 7/12/2014We have been to the Rustic Kitchen 4 times and each time have tried something different and have never been disapointed. Our server Kelly was a joy, attentive and very helpful with the choice. To bad you couldn't use our extra Phantom ticket. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not good either...CyndythDined on 7/5/2014Ate here with my husband for a special night out away from the kids, etc. We took the advice to book extra early for an 8 p.m show nearby, so booked for 5:15. The place was nearly empty! Service was excellent however, accommodating, familiar with the menu, helpful and friendly. Decent wine selection and the hubs appreciated the rum recommendations. Appetizer of calamari was good. The bad: my dish of a ravioli with pancetta and figs was WAY over salted. I like salt, but it was over the top and I was not able to finish it. I was very surprised. The hubs was happy with his dish though.Special Features:
- FoodAlfongsDined on 7/4/2014we disliked the food, the fish was not fresh, the pasta already 3 days old and the meat loaf days old, never again!Special Features:
- Great timeHungryRuggerDined on 7/4/2014Rustic Kitchen knocked it out of the park. Above standard service (thanks Jamie), terrific food (we had the lobster carbonara, fig and ? tortellini and Italian spring rolls) and the music was awesome. Will be back with friends for certain, an awesome time start to finish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our first time at Rustic Kitchen. The menu looked great-there were so many tempting options. The food was delicious and very hot. Both of our meals were very good and portions were large. We wended up bringing some home. Service was very good. The only strange thing was that the restaurant was very empty for a Saturday night at 8pm. It felt kind of strange. Food was excellent!
- Excellent food - spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014This was our 3rd stop at Rustic Kitchen. The first time, we didn't have a reservation, but were able to sit at the bar (full menu available). On our most recent visit, we had a reservation for 6:00. We ended up arriving quite early (5:30) and we were seated immediately. As usual, the food was excellent - we had mozzarella burrata and veal meatballs for appetizers; roasted duck breast, fig & walnut ravioli, roasted salmon, and a cheeseburger (for my son) for dinner; we shared desserts of creme brulee and chocolate mousse cake. The service was very good, but a bit slow at times. We finished our appetizers and dinner about 45 minutes after we were seated, but then spent another 45 minutes waiting to order and eat our dessert.Special Features:
- Great comfort foodHenryserDined on 6/21/2014After a beautiful day walking around Boston taking in the sites the Rustic Kitchen was a perfect spot to chill and enjoy. Our meal was very good, delicious salads, appetizers, great pasta dishes all complemented with a very nice Spanish wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealFreeformjazzodysseyDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant is greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/16/2014The room is small, but very pretty. Service was great and the food was delicious. Interesting, diverse lunch menu -- relaxing and yummy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014I was so dissappointed after many visits to this establishment. I got the meatloaf, which is usally excellent. It was like mush. Don't know what happened. My other guests enjoyed their meals though.Special Features:
- A good theatre district choiceFoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014I have dined here several times with friends. The food is consistently good and nicely presented. The menu is varied and offers something for everyone. My only suggestion would be to ask for a table away from the bar. We were seated in there (after having made a reservation), and it was very loud. The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChocolateMousseDined on 6/7/2014For my first visit to Rustic Kitchen, I enjoyed the salmon while friends had scallops and pasta dishes. The arrancini that came with the salmon were delicious but a bit heavy. Ditto risotto that accompanied the scallops. (It was 80 degrees that night; would be nice for the Kitchen to have a lighter summer menu). Server was very attentive. Drinks were creative (blueberry sweet tea). At least one group was nearby, but noise was minimal. Did not try appetizers or desserts. Would return again.Special Features:
- Late Sunday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014We went for a late Sunday lunch; restaurant was empty so no problem with noise or service. Roasted pear salad topped with grilled salmon was outstanding. Person who ordered a gimlet wasn't happy with it, but didn't say so until after we left, so there was no opportunity for the bar to fix it. I'd go back and would like to try dinner some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything went wellAndyHVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food was all delicious and sizes were adequate but not ostentatious. The service was incredible; very much better than average. The wines are reasonably priced. The area was spacious too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/21/2014The food was okay. The salmon on my salad was dry. Not great! The service was excellent! Our server was very attentive to our needs. My water glass was filled every time it was empty without having to ask.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014We found this place randomly on Open Table and decided that it seemed interesting. I am a total foodie so I am always looking for a creative menu and this place definitely meets that criteria. We all tried different dishes and everyone enjoyed theirs. They also had a great selection of desserts.Special Features:
- Very happy1bostonianDined on 5/17/2014Made a reservation for a group of 6, we all had a lovely night. The food was great and the atmosphere was fun/fine dining. The only possible downside is if your party is trying to get in and out quickly, the staff is in no rush, so I wouldn't recommend it as a "quick bite before a show" but otherwise I was very happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation LunchCandace12684Dined on 5/17/2014I booked a reservation for 6 after my graduation ceremony, the restaurant itself wasn't busy, the food was excellent, the server was incredibly accommodating, allowing my sister to order off of the dinner menu even though it was brunch. The house infused vodkas are also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outlovethisplaceDined on 5/16/2014My sisters and I went to see Il Divo on Friday evening and decided to go to Rustic Kitchen for dinner before the show. We did have reservations however we were running late because of traffic and our limo driver decided to take the scenic route. Even though we arrived a half hour later than expected the staff took it in stride and sat us right down when we arrived. We notified our server that we had to be out for a 7:30 PM show and they did everything they needed to in order to get us out in time. We never felt rushed and the food was excellent. We even had time for coffee and dessert which was phenomenal!Special Features:
- 1st visit/Great experienceCharlieDined on 5/16/2014We were looking for something close to the theater, with good food, nice wine options, not to be rushed - but to be out in time for the show. Rustic Kitchen delivered on all accounts. Reasonably priced as well $200 including tip for 3...drink, wine, shared app & salad, and entrees. Service was impeccable. Loved the scallops!Special Features:
- Okay meal but way overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/16/2014I made a reservation for a group of four before a concert on a Friday night. We were greeted warmly and taken to a great table. Once looking at the menu, I was surprised at the prices for basic pasta dishes. I had been there years before, and the great thing about Rustic Kitchen was that it was a beautiful place to eat the prices were reasonable. I guess they are going in a different direction or trying to attract a different kind of customer. I ordered a pasta dish and was shocked at the small amount that I received for my meal. For $23, I should be getting more that what was on my plate. Overall, the meal was okay, but for the price we paid, I could have gotten a much better meal for half the price somewhere nicer.Special Features:
- AwesomeLianaDined on 5/10/2014Amazing food! Great ambiance. Huge portions. I will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for theatre-goersdoctordeeDined on 5/10/2014My brother and I dined at the Rustic Kitchen while my daughters were seeing a show at the Royale. It's a fantastic location for theatre-goers -- we had drinks at the Four Seasons first, and coffee at Finale after, and were only a 5-10 minute walk away from everything. We had a great waiter, who steered us in the right direction on every choice. We split a wedge salad, which we both enjoyed, and we both had pasta dishes: beef stroganoff and the butternut squash mezzaluna, which was a lovely combination of flavors. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere festive and warm, and we had a lovely experience. Will go back!Special Features:
- LOVE Rustic KitcheneaclarkDined on 5/10/2014The rustic kitchen never disappoints, and I am already looking forward to to visiting again. You cannot go wrong with anything on the menu, but I have a special affinity for their cheese burger.Special Features:
- Pre-show dinnerSouthieDinerDined on 5/10/2014We were attending a show at 8 pm and wanted to eat nearby. Rustic Kitchen was 3 blocks from the Wang Theater, and we parked in the garage next door with validation as well. We had requested a table away from bus stations and bathrooms (we have bad luck that way). When we arrived, the hostess had received our request and accommodated. The waitor was attentive, though he forgot to mention specials, and had to look them up when we asked. We had oysters and fried calamari to start, both were delicious and fresh. My husband had the short rib stroganoff, which the waiter said was one of their best and it was great. My stuffed haddock was also yummy as were the desserts. Only complaint was the noise level, too loud to talk, music level unnecessarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-(& post-)Theater mealHoofItDined on 5/10/2014Our family of 4 were tight on time ahead of a show at Wilbur Theatre but the server was very accommodating, the drinks and tasty food came quickly (as we had asked). We returned for tasty desserts after the show and it was all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BizDevGalVIPDined on 5/9/2014Great place; we'll go back. Our waiter seemed too busy and also seemed new on the job and was not very attentive but you could see others were on the ball. Excellent food and great bar area with plenty of tables as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.