210 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rustickitchen.biz/
- Phone: (617) 423-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Kelly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private function space. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Stellato 6174235700x
- Entertainment: Home of "The Cooking Show" airing now on Xfinity! Every Friday evening live from our broadcast kitchen studio, Chef Liz Bramwell hosts an intimate and lively live cooking show for 22 guests. Tickets must be bought in advance @ www.TheCookingShow.tv
- Special Events: Call for more information
A word from Rustic Kitchen
Rustic Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant featuring New American cuisine in an Old World style Bistro. Our menus are crafted with local and seasonal items that are always prepared fresh daily in a friendly and comfortable bistro-style setting.Continued
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
To allow for a proper dining experience please make your Friday and Saturday resevation two hours in advance of a theater show time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rustic Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (58)fit for foodies (50)special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (33)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (11)great for lunch (10)late-night find (10)great for brunch (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Excellent food, attentive service. We had a range from vegetarian, pasta, seafood, and more and all was outstanding. We were there early on a Wednesday night. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 minutes from theater district- phenomenal meal!MombdayDined on 11/15/2014My sister and I brought my mother there for her birthday after seeing Shear Madness. It was a five minute walk from the theater. Very convenient. Great atmostphere. The lighting is bordering on perfect (I'm typically a lighting critic), seating super comfortable, great wines by the glass, everything we had was phenomenal. Eggplant, salmon, fried oysters, even the ceasar salad was something to fawn over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good but nothing outstandingursalaDined on 11/15/2014Chose the restaurant for its proximity to our show that evening. Staff and servers were very friendly and helpful. Food was good yet nothing special that I'd have to return. Lots of families but not too noisy so we could easily converse.Special Features:
- Great Overall Dining ExperienceCathyVIPDined on 11/15/2014First time dining at Rustic Kitchen and we were not disappointed. We tried a variety of entrees from Bolagnese, to Veal Meatloaf, Stuff Chicken and the Petite Filet , including the Caesar Salad and the Pear Salad. Every dish was terrific. Our waitress was attentive, efficient and friendly. And, we made it to the Theatre with time to spare. Will go back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Our Server Jamie was excellent... We were there for two and a half hours and never felt rushed and dinner was timed perfectly to get us out for the show just in time... but no lulls in food.. perfect... we had our two little girls with us and she was sooo good to them too..... Great experience overall.... only complaint is that the food was so good and amply proportioned but we were going to a show and couldn't take it home!!! ;-) Have been to this place to dine at least a half dozen times over the last few years and every single time it has not disappointed! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHPfamDined on 11/9/2014Our table of 5 had another wonderful meal before we went to a show at the Wilbur. From the salads (shout out on the pear and Gorgonzola) to the special scallop dish of the night, everyone loved their food. We choose Rustic Kitchen when we want a night out to celebrate something. Great choices for those that like meat, seafood or are vegetarians.Special Features:
- A true gem in Boston!BDFoodieDined on 11/8/2014On a whim, we made a reservation for this restaurant to celebrate a friends bday. Our reservation time was 9:30 (and they were totally accommodating our late dining needs). The food was amazing (they make their own pasta!), and the service was excellent. My friends and I live in Dallas and really enjoyed dining at Rustic Kitchen. The ambiance is cozy and they put a candle in dessert to make our friends bday extra special.Special Features:
- Great find/food/price!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We were going to see at show at the Wang and wanted a decent priced meal close to the theater. After a little web research, I found the Rustic Kitchen and, I am so glad I did. All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our entrees and the service was excellent, as well. Check this place out and you will be happy you did!Special Features:
- Nice Non-Chain RestaurantgirlsniteoutDined on 11/7/2014I was here with two friends. We liked the service and the food. We reserved ahead, and then changed the time of the reservation, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Very nice atmosphere in the restaurant. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- pre- show diningemptynestdinersDined on 11/1/2014We made reservations for a pre-concert dinner but chose to sit at the bar once we got there. I think my husband spied the homemade potato chips waiting for us at the bar. They were the perfectly salted and crunchy. The cocktail list was fun and interesting. The service was welcoming, quick and friendly. The portions large and delicious. We will go back again because there are so many things to explore on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Rustic Kitchen is a fabulous place to dine in the theatre district. Great fun with friends and very attentive service from Gustavo!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceProvCollegeMomDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I and our guests had a wonderful dining experience at Rustic Kitchen. The staff was friendly and attentive; the ambiance was both comfortable and classy; and the food!! We all enjoyed of our appetizers and entrees. Our food was exceptional. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Very mixedLukelaVIPDined on 10/30/2014Starters were great. My pasta ( rigatoni) was burned. I would not go back there
- Joe OLocalguy2VIPDined on 10/29/2014Good food at a reasonable price. We'll locate to all the theaters.
- Fabulous food, gluten free friendlybugreenandgoldDined on 10/26/2014The food options were delicious, and the service was great. They were very willing to help with options for gluten free diets. They make their own pasta, which I was sad to not be able to try. It is supposed to be amazing.Special Features:
- Very good, and convenient too!sashDined on 10/26/2014We went to the Rustic Kitchen after attending a show in the Theatre District. The location was perfect, and once inside I was surprised at how much room there was! Menu choices were plentiful, and what we selected was outstanding, both for us adults and a couple of teenage boys. I recommend Rustic Kitchen for anyone looking for a bite before or after a show...or even if you are just in the area!Special Features:
- 67eldoradoDined on 10/25/2014We would of had a better time if when we got there they didn't tell us that we didn't have a reservation when we did. So they put us at a bar table where people were standing around the table while we were dinning. We feel someone needs to compensate us for our bad experience. We made reservation because we wanted a table in the dinning area to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Very DisapointedMANDPYOLOTOURDined on 10/25/2014As regular visitors to the Revere we have always wanted to check out The Rustic Kitchen. Well what can I say but we were all very disapointed. There were 3 in our party and no one cleared thier plate or wanted to take left overs to go. Frankly everything was chewy like it was frozen before it was prepared for us. Overall was very disapointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and DrinksNewfoodieDined on 10/25/2014My Mom and brother and I chose to dine at Rustic Table when we saw the menu online. Drinks were excellent, appetizers were delicious and our meals were superb. Our waitress was lovely and we enjoyed the whole experience!Special Features:
- happy good foodSmithDined on 10/21/2014has a solid dinner with great taste and compositionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK...RobinhswVIPDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is lovely, with"faux" rustic decor and very well lit. Its great not to need the flashlight on the phone to read a menu. Our waitress was terrific and the seervice was great. Now to the food.... We ordered the tuna tartare- gorgeous presentation, very spicy andincredibly delicious. We ordered paella, rigatoni and at the reccommendation of our waitress, the hanger steak. Portions are huge, but both the paella and rigatoni were ordinary at best, the truffle fries with my steak were soggy and the steak itself, though cooked a perfect rare, was basically tasteless.... We didn't stay for dessert. Oh well...
- Sister's 60th BirthdayMadsmomDined on 10/18/2014I took my sister her for her 60th birthday on Saturday 10/18. We had a 5:00 reservation, so the place was kind of empty, but definitely filled up as we were leaving. The bar area was hopping. I had the rib eye which was out of this world. I wasn't able to finish it. My sister enjoyed her meal as well. (can't remember what she had). But the most appealing part of the meal was our waitress. She was friendly, attentive, and extremely efficient. I wish i got her name. Would definitely recommend to others.
- Great night!DanielleDined on 10/11/2014We were a party of six and everyone loved it! The food and the service were great. We would go back again for sure!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing anniversarytxfoodieDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary here. Wonderful atmosphere, food & service. One of our best dining experiences ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great!JwufoodieDined on 10/11/2014we had a great time on our date night here the only downside was the table across from us was sooooo loud!! They should've been cut off after their first bottle of wine. They made us really uncomfortable especially since they were talking inappropriately very loudly, we are in our latest 20s which it's ok for us but their were still some families even at 8pm. We felt like we were interrupting their dinner. we clouldnt even guess what the people next to us on both sides were talking about but I could resight the people across from us (really not that close either) whole conversation.We will definately go back though the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good compared to its peersTottDined on 10/10/2014The food is more imaginatively selected and presented than at most Massachusetts restaurants, and that makes this restaurant better than average, but it is still pretty conventional by, say, California standards, and without much attention to health considerations.Special Features:
- Good pre-theater optionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/10/2014Good food and service. Nothing outstanding, but also nothing bad.
- going to a show dinnerktcmomof4Dined on 10/8/2014The service was exceptional! Lots of fun drinks - i had the gin blossom and it was delicious. We loved our salads and shared a couple pasta dishes that were very good. The desserts were also very good. This is a great location for going to a show.Special Features:
- Perfect way to start an evening....DineIrishmomDined on 10/8/2014We had tickets to the Lion King for 7:30pm on a Wednesday. Rustic Kitchen was near by and we had never been there before so we thought we would try something new, a little more upscale than a Rock Bottom and an easy walk to the Opera House. We were also celebrating our daughter's 21st birthday. The service was excellent and we made the effort to tell the host /manager when we left. The menu had enough choices to suit any one who enjoys Italian food. And the wine list also offered some great choices by the glass, always a plus!Special Features:
- Another great mealHealthspeakerVIPDined on 10/5/2014This is our second trip to Rustic Kitchen, a gem hidden in a hotel. Great food and service, the seafood tower is simply amazing. Special attention to a nut allergic family member is much appreciated. From seafood to steak, all meals were lovely. This is a perfect place to eat when in Boston's Theater District. Thanks again.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/5/2014It's hard to find a brunch place in this neighborhood, so I was looking forward to checking this out. I was very disappointed with the whole experience, except the service, which was good. The decor is tacky and overdone and the food is worse than mediocre. Just not much flavor and it was cold.
- Great experience!SuQuDined on 10/3/2014Pleasant atmosphere, great food, excellent service! We noticed families in the front . We had nice booth in the back. Nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful decor and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014Our party of 5 dined at Rustic Kitchen for the first time and loved it. Our food was outstanding as was the service and beautiful atmosphere... would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great food and service.DonnaVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent as always as was the service.
- Must trychristinesjDined on 9/26/2014The Rustic Kitchen is amazing. It offers a fabulous variety of menu options for everyone. Nightly specials are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, confused atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was well-prepared, though not exceptional. We had the fried oysters, petit filet, lobster carbonara and butterscotch budino (the budino was cloyingly sweet). Also, the ambiance and multi-server experience left a bit to be desired. The interior and menu both seem a bit confused with a mixture of decor - old timey woven baskets abound with faux architecture and modern lighting fixtures- and food genres - predominantly Italian with some Asian and New England fare mixed in. It was a very loud space with lots of families. Not a place for a couple looking for a romantic venue. Also, the restrooms are located in the hotel's public hall and could've used some cleaning.
- excellent experienceDecosunDined on 9/20/2014Vast menu, beautiful decor, excellent service. All around great experience. We were a party of six everyone had starters and main course and everyone loved what they had. Great seating options as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great food and service1Happy1Dined on 9/20/2014We loved it. Professional staff was very nice to interact with. The food was terrific. Good sized portions. Relaxing atmosphere. A real gem in Boston. Far better than the name "Rustic" implies. We will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good other than maitre'dnjgalinwtVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation. When we got there the place was two-thirds empty. He proceeds to seat us in the back of the room, facing the waitstaff break room. We ask if there are other places to sit (looking at near empty room). He says "this isn't a kitchen, there is no food coming through here." We had to ask 3 times if there were other places to sit. We are locals, not tourist, and dressed better than the t-shirt and jeans set from off the street. He goes, "let me check" and walks away leaving us in the middle of the room. Finally, we walk back to the front and a nice woman got a nice seat in a booth. He had decided to move on to other people. We enjoyed our meals as the food was very good. And the waitress was great.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationarv15Dined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated his birthday here, and were seated right away despite arriving about a half hour early for our reservation. The service was excellent. All of our dishes were brought out quickly, but we did not feel rushed. Our waitress even brought out a complimentary birthday dessert with a candle. I'm not sure if this was because I had mentioned it was his birthday when making our reservation, or because she noticed it was his birthday when checking our IDs, but either way, it was a wonderful surprise. The food was delicious. We both ordered pasta dishes and shared the steamed mussel appetizer. The dessert was a delightful chocolate cake. I would definitely celebrate another occasion at Rustic Kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.