Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar
1280 Highway 315
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18720Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rustickitchen.biz/
- Phone: 5708246600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Tom Holloway
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We have the ability to service a wide variety of private party needs. Please contact us for more details about our private dining options.
The Wine Cellar Room is perfect for any occasion from a birthday gathering to a business dinner.
The Grande Dining Room can be reserved for larger groups & our Television Studio can be booked for private shows of "In The Kitchen".
- Private Party Contact: Bridget Heck 5708246600
A word from Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar provides a unique award winning Italian, Mediterranean culinary experience. We offer seasonally inspired rustic cuisine, from artisan breads to hand crafted pastas, all prepared fresh daily in a warm, friendly & comfortable bistro style setting. Rustic Kitchen's extensive wine list has been the winner of 4 consecutive Wine Spectator Awards of Excellence. We also have a "State of the Art" Television Broadcast Kitchen Studio where we conduct live cooking shows, including "In The Kitchen".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar - Best Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre ›
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (53)romantic (43)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (29)notable wine list (27)late-night find (15)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Delicious and ClassySavannahDined on 9/19/2014We had dinner last night and were very pleased. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Our server was very pleasant. The food was great as always. The food came out in a timely manner and was hot and looked very appealing. It was delicious. We have come here quite often for lunch as well ad have enjoyed that too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPORTVIPDined on 9/12/2014What can I say that I already haven't. My favorite place to eat at the Sands. Food is always hot and delicious. Love the different butter spreads every day. What a treat to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3sistersDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed the great service, food and friendly staff. My seating request was perfect.Special Features:
- The salad choices are terrific.SmileDined on 8/30/2014I have tried the majority of their salads and added steak to them. Every salad is fresh and delicious. Their dessert menu is definitely the best I have seen in a long time. Each dessert is presented with class. The restaurant is definitely one of my favorites. Their menu is varied enough so you are not overwhelmed with choices. I love going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatriciaDined on 8/28/2014Happy Hour was only at the bar and it was so crowded we were unable to get a seat or a table there. We carried our drinks to our dining table and were treated very well there. Our waitress (Danielle) was excellent. We will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- plumberbobDined on 8/27/2014great food and friendly service at a fair price.thank youSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyable!RainygirlDined on 8/26/2014This was our 2nd time dining at The Rustic Kitchen. Both times we found the food to be well prepared and delicious. The servers are very friendly as well as very professional. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMariamlsmariaDined on 8/23/2014Food is wonderful, prices good considering it's in a casino. Service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was fabulous and the service was outstanding. I will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDateNightforParentsDined on 8/22/2014Dinner was great. I had the pesto gnocchi, which were slightly crispy instead of mushy. Very good. My husband had a shrimp and pasta dish made with 5 large shrimp. The beer and wine list were adequate. The complimentary focaccia and white bean dip was tasty. The manager made regular rounds throughout the night. Only regret is that we should have eaten later si that we could have gotten a peak at the cooking show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Meal and ServiceTkjtdaVIPDined on 8/19/2014As so many others have stated, try the rigatoni and meatballs and you won't be sorry. You'll also have plenty to take him for the next day! The appetizers are excellent as well. Also worth mentioning are the fried risotto balls and spring rolls – both excellent! The bread that comes with your dinner is also very good. The waiter and hostess with very pleasant and accommodating. It was our first time there but we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- FriendlyFrankDined on 8/19/2014We have dined at Rustic Kitchen on several occasions. We were impressed with the fact that all of the servers remembered us and greeted us with friendly conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Every time we dine at Rustic Kitchen the staff are always very attentive. Food arrives hot and well presented.Special Features:
- Kudos...take a bow!SylvDined on 8/17/2014This was my first time and enjoyed it. Nice restaurant, good service, good food. Best crab bisque ever! Gnocchi was also very tasty. Would recommend Rustic Kitchen to friends and family. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't say enough good things!!!AnnmarieHDined on 8/17/2014First and foremost- the minute you walk in your in awe! the staff meets you as you enter. The service was most excellent. The food is to die food. Well cooked and a chef who cares what he cooks and the presentation was pretty cool. I first went to the restaurant and just had to return again. I tried the hanger steak and I'll tell ya- done to perfection. My daughter had the salmon and loved it. My husband tried the NY strip, again simply PERFECT!. I have recommend this restuarant and will continue to do so. great wine list too and always a pretty cool recipe for a matini. Don't mind paying a bit higher price for a good meal. Oh! got to try the Tiramisu & espresso. Thx Rustic Kitchen. Can't wait for the next trip.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsAnissaDined on 8/16/2014Food is always top notch and fresh. Stopped in for my birthday and had a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The kitchen is second to noneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The kitchen has been a favorite of my wife's for quite some time now. Whenever we are in the Pennsylvania location, we can always expect a meal that is second to none and have never been disappointed. All of the servers are top notch and ready to assist with any concerns you may have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our regular spotTNweeksVIPDined on 8/16/2014Love it! Food and service were excellent, as usual. It's our regular weekend spot and is in a wonderful location. Can't wait to go back again and again and again!!!!Special Features:
- Reservationtlk610Dined on 8/15/2014Our group did have to wait about 15 minutes to be seated. That was the only issue. Once seated everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite casino restaurant!Reaaa1210Dined on 8/12/2014My friends treated me to dinner and drinks here for my birthday and I didn't expect much, but I was happily mistaken. The chicken Marsala was excellent (with big portions too) and the watermelon martini (the special) was delicious. The appetizers were the perfect size and were great for the table. Coming from a VERY picky Italian family, I was a little worries about trying anyone else's sauce, but when I tasted my friend's pasta dish, I was happy to see the sauce was acceptable - not too watery or sweet. I'm definitely going here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bulldog83Dined on 8/10/2014Food was very good. Ambience was wonderful. Servers were attentiveSpecial Features:
- very relaxingJandJDined on 8/9/2014After my last few dinners out were spoiled by inattentive parents with wildly loud children blasting cartoons on their tablets, Rustic Kitchen provided the perfect adult atmosphere. We had a great table in the corner. From appetizers to dessert, we were able to enjoy each bite and sip on our drinks. Everything was delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodCallistoVIPDined on 8/9/2014I lost track of how many times we had dinner here. I recommend it for the food, service and atmosphere. We will surely be back in a few weeks.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureMaureenDined on 8/9/2014Once again, Rustic Kitchen has outdone themselves. My husband took me there for my birthday, and we had a lovely evening. Our server was attentive and accommodating, the food was amazing, and the overall experience was pleasant. It was a bit lively in the dining room when we first arrived - but even with a full house, we didn't wait to be served and never felt like we were being "rushed" through our dinner. The waitstaff made it a point to treat us like we were the only customers in the place, and the manager also inquired about how we enjoyed our meal. I look forward to celebrating many future occasions at this gem of a restaurant!Special Features:
- 2nd visitegimbyDined on 8/9/2014The food was a little above your average restaurant, but the service was incredible, our server seemed to be at the table the instant we needed or wanted something VERY ATTENTIVE...I would go there again.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerLeleeDined on 8/2/2014My mom and I had a wonderful time in this beautiful authentic Italian restaurant. I'm a vegetarian and they catered to my needs. The panzella salad was amazing. My birthday cake was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!britlormaDined on 8/2/2014One of the best meals I've ever eaten! The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. I'll return to Rustic Kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodpatgDined on 8/2/2014We have never gone to Rustic Kitchen and had a bad experience...The food is great, atmosphere great, staff delightful....Special Features:
- Shame on you, managerFoodieDined on 7/29/2014One person in our party received an inedible entree which needed to be sent back. The new dish took 10 mins to come out as the rest of us were finishing up. When I received the $200 bill nothing had been taken off. I had to ask the waiter if the restaurant was going to do something about screwing up our family meal. He came back and enthusiastically announced that they were taking off a $6 dessert. I paid the bill including a nice tip. As we left I mentioned my dissatisfaction to the manager who insisted the meal had come out 2 minutes later (a lie) and that she had "taken care of it" with the $6 discount She was obstinate and it will cost her a recurring client that also does corporate events there. Hope it worth the 6 bucks.
- Nice break off the casino floor!PAtravelerDined on 7/25/2014My honey and I had a great dinner experience before hitting the John Waite concert, (which was also great). I had a sizable portion of the ahi tuna which was done just right and he had the sea bass, which he enjoyed though maybe a bit spicy. The crème brulee was icing on the cake. The service was terrific and very attentive. We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Handled our party of 8KBudurkaDined on 7/25/2014On Systems Administrators Day we took the team to RK for lunch. It was great. Food was awesome, server was good, and we had an excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 couplesnaytobufffetDined on 7/24/2014We met another couple there for dinner. We were there first and already seated when the second couple arrived. It took a few minutes for the hostess to find the reservation because they had already crossed it off since we were already there. That was slightly annoying. Other than that, it was a great experience. The portions are incredible! There was no way we could eat all of what they gave us.Special Features:
- likerusticDined on 7/22/2014The waitress knocked over the water glass and my friend's clothes got wet. I ordered two sides of fries and she asked me regular or truffle fries (I did not know there were two different types), and I said regular. When I rec'd the check, I was charged for 2 truffle fries which cost more. When I asked here about it, she said there were only one fries button on her check monitor. This is not true, because I ordered the fries in the past and never had this problem. I asked her to correct it, and she said she would have to get the manager. I did not want to wait for the manager, therefore, I paid for it left. I was always happy with the service, but this time I was disappointed.Special Features:
- DarinDarinDined on 7/21/2014Everything was excellent, never had a bad or for that matter, a mediocre meal here. Our food was top-notch and service was impeccable. I had the bolognese (melt in your mouth) and my wife had the pork flat iron steak w/apple chutney which after tasting, I wish I would have ordered too. What a combination of flavors!Special Features:
- Great ChoiceCG70Dined on 7/18/2014Very good selection for dinner for 2. Dinner could add up with drinks but very reasonable.Special Features:
- Good but not exceptional.FoodloverDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time at Rustic Kitchen. The reviews made it seem like an exceptional restaurant, but the price combined with the quality of our dinners would not inspire us to go again. The service was excellent, but the food was average. For me the salad was a bit overdressed, but I do not like a lot of dressing on my salads. Otherwise the salad was good. My mother and I ordered the pasta with clams and we were both very disappointed. There were very few clams with the pasta and it was somewhat bland. My husband ordered pork and it came with broccolini and heirloom potatoes and he thought it was good. Overall, it was too expensive for the quality of food and we will not return!
- Birthday promosRevelGirl17Dined on 7/17/2014This bistro is semi-local to us, so we go pretty often. Usually with vouchers we get from the casino in which this restaurant is located. Buy a voucher for $25 and get free slot play of the same amount, that's how we do it. We play the slots and usually get the money back, that means, we eat free or cheap. That's the main reason, but also because the food is pretty good. Not outstanding anymore (they have changed the menu a few months ago!), but still good. Mostly Italian cuisine, foccaccia, pasta, also burgers and steaks and fish. Not many vegetarian dishes left on the new menu, but still a few. They serve a good bread with hummus as an amuse bouche, and on your birthday you'll get a free appetizer with the purchase of an entree.Special Features:
- January49VIPDined on 7/16/2014We had a really great experience. A real winner. Food is excellent.Special Features:
- "A really great spot"DeliciousDined on 7/14/2014Traveling for work and I wanted to find some good food. Did a little research and the reviewed sent me here. Amazing, I would certainly recommend if you are reading this to go. Staff and Management were all friendly. Checking to make sure the food was to standard and if I or my co-worker required anything further. I love it and hope to get the opportunity to come back again.Special Features:
- Great Service - Good Foodfoodie318Dined on 7/14/2014My husband and I enjoyed our experience at Rustic Kitchen. The appetizer special was wonderful. I wasn't thrilled with my entrée when it arrived and the hostess was quick to take it back and bring me a new meal. I would definitely return.Special Features: