Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar
1280 Highway 315
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18720Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rustickitchen.biz/
- Phone: 5708246600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Tom Holloway
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We have the ability to service a wide variety of private party needs. Please contact us for more details about our private dining options.
The Wine Cellar Room is perfect for any occasion from a birthday gathering to a business dinner.
The Grande Dining Room can be reserved for larger groups & our Television Studio can be booked for private shows of "In The Kitchen".
- Private Party Contact: Bridget Heck 5708246600
A word from Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar provides a unique award winning Italian, Mediterranean culinary experience. We offer seasonally inspired rustic cuisine, from artisan breads to hand crafted pastas, all prepared fresh daily in a warm, friendly & comfortable bistro style setting. Rustic Kitchen's extensive wine list has been the winner of 4 consecutive Wine Spectator Awards of Excellence. We also have a "State of the Art" Television Broadcast Kitchen Studio where we conduct live cooking shows, including "In The Kitchen".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar - Best Restaurants in Wilkes-Barre ›
Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (69)romantic (54)great for lunch (48)hot spot (37)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (30)late-night find (18)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- casino restaurantRichVIPDined on 10/28/2014Rustic kitchen has great meatballs for an appetizer. Also, the spring rolls are quite tasty. The servers are very efficient.Special Features:
- FoodSmileDined on 10/28/2014I was so glad to see their chocolate cake back on the dessert menu. My steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Celiac's take note, you will be safe here! Especially if Sara is your waitress. Though there is no "gluten free menu" many items are gluten free or may modified to be gluten free. Wish they had gluten free pasta or allowed you to bring your own.Special Features:
- Vealluv2eatVIPDined on 10/20/2014I had the Veal Parmesan which was good but I don't think it was fresh veal that was freshly breaded for the meal. It's shape and consistency was of they type that is preformed. I asked if it was the typical prepackaged, but they said it was fresh. Other than that it was a good meal. The Sangria is very good and I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentitsbritx0hDined on 10/18/2014Romantic and classy decor with excellent food. The service was wonderful, and was served in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePizzaDined on 10/18/2014This is my fourth visit and I have never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was FANTASTIC!!I the grilled hanger steak and it was cooked perfectly. Our waitress really knew the menu.Special Features:
- special birthday surprise dinnergigiDined on 10/17/2014I wanted to surprise my husband for his birthday. He was pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and so was the wine. I requested a quite table and was accommodated. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionUconnfan13Dined on 10/17/2014The service, atmosphere were wonderful, but the food- amazing. This was our second visit, and we were hoping it would be as good as the first. We were thrilled that it was just as good, if not better. I highly recommend the Italian spring rolls. The mozzarella dipping sauce was excellent. Parmesan truffle encrusted fries, filet minion with garlic butter cooked to perfection. And the drinks, oh mt. They do a skittle infused vodka that was refreshing and the raspberry- ti I, garnished with big beautiful berries, wonderful. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodtastyDined on 10/12/2014The presentation of the food is excellent! Salads and entrees are very tasty And the portions are large love the bean dipSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great Night!LarryDined on 10/11/2014We dined here many times. The service is always great, the food is always seasoned just right and the manager makes several visits to your table just to make sure everything is going as it should. Prices are good for the food you get. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsRoyals81Dined on 10/11/2014Rustic Kitchen is always very good. Both the lunch and dinner menus offer many fine choices. Service is always great and the atmosphere is relaxing. Never a bad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get any better!AnnmarieHDined on 10/10/2014Another trip to the Rustic Kitchen was most excellent as usual. The steaks and pasta dishes are to die for. They offer a pretty good wine list. The staff is attentive. Warm bread and dip on the table and your drinks are served very quickly. I would suggest making reservations. A little expensive but well worth a great meal. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodluv2eatVIPDined on 10/8/2014The food was very good as usual, the only complaint we had we had was with the waitress. She was too busy talking with another waiter about their private life. We were seated about 10 feet from where they were talking so we could hear their conversation. I believe that she must have been new at Rustic Kitchen. Normally the wait staff is very attentive to the diners, this was the first time we encountered this problem in 2years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodflyfishDined on 10/7/2014it's always a pleasure to dine there. great service,food and people working there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfied, will return.YumyumDined on 10/6/2014Service very good, nice touch with manager Kay visiting table. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thegirlsDined on 10/6/2014On our way to a show at Mohegan Sun Arena, thought Rustic Kitchen sounded nice and it met all of our expectations. Dinner arriving could have been a little more timely but would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBeccaDined on 10/4/2014We booked here because of good yelp reviews and were happy to confirm they were correct. Food was great and well portioned ( we had the hanger steak and maple pork). Waitress was very nice and the ambiance/decor was nice too.Special Features:
- Expected ExcellenceRoyals81Dined on 10/4/2014Another great dining experience at Rustic Kitchen. Veal and chicken dishes were excellent and service was above-average (as usual). We'll certainly return for another meal in the near future.Special Features:
- DeliciousLovleeADDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant was perfect for date night. The food was amazing and the wine list was pleasing. The decor in the restaurant was beautiful. Would love to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cakes!markoMpaDined on 9/27/2014Fav Crab cakes were great! Along with Salad, & veggies! All Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SammyDined on 9/27/2014The menu is consistent....watch out for the specials, they are a real treat!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinner!Cag0916Dined on 9/27/2014Wonderful restaurant, great service, great food and wonderful wine list. One of my favorite restaurantes.Special Features:
- Good but not what I wanted it to beMammaDined on 9/22/2014My husband and I were looking for a new place to go to eat to celebrate our birthdays. We asked for a private table but were given a table overlooking the loud, noisy, busy casino. The waiter, Frank, was fabulous - very knowledgeable in wines and menu - personable but not overbearing. We were served homemade focaccia with dipping sauce which were both mediocre. My husband loved his dinner of chicken saltimbocca. My chicken parm was fair, didn't really care for the homemade pasta (undercooked) but the serving size was gigantic!! We did not try dessert, although the dessert menu looked inviting. All in all, I'd try it again, but not when hoping for a "romantic dinner."I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was excellent and the food was excellent. Our server was completely attentive and the manager of the restaurant also stopped by to make sure our meals were to our satisfaction. We did not do the live taping but we could enjoy watching it from our table.Special Features:
- Delicious and ClassySavannahDined on 9/19/2014We had dinner last night and were very pleased. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Our server was very pleasant. The food was great as always. The food came out in a timely manner and was hot and looked very appealing. It was delicious. We have come here quite often for lunch as well ad have enjoyed that too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPORTVIPDined on 9/12/2014What can I say that I already haven't. My favorite place to eat at the Sands. Food is always hot and delicious. Love the different butter spreads every day. What a treat to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3sistersDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed the great service, food and friendly staff. My seating request was perfect.Special Features:
- The salad choices are terrific.SmileDined on 8/30/2014I have tried the majority of their salads and added steak to them. Every salad is fresh and delicious. Their dessert menu is definitely the best I have seen in a long time. Each dessert is presented with class. The restaurant is definitely one of my favorites. Their menu is varied enough so you are not overwhelmed with choices. I love going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatriciaDined on 8/28/2014Happy Hour was only at the bar and it was so crowded we were unable to get a seat or a table there. We carried our drinks to our dining table and were treated very well there. Our waitress (Danielle) was excellent. We will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- plumberbobDined on 8/27/2014great food and friendly service at a fair price.thank youSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyable!RainygirlDined on 8/26/2014This was our 2nd time dining at The Rustic Kitchen. Both times we found the food to be well prepared and delicious. The servers are very friendly as well as very professional. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMariamlsmariaDined on 8/23/2014Food is wonderful, prices good considering it's in a casino. Service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was fabulous and the service was outstanding. I will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDateNightforParentsDined on 8/22/2014Dinner was great. I had the pesto gnocchi, which were slightly crispy instead of mushy. Very good. My husband had a shrimp and pasta dish made with 5 large shrimp. The beer and wine list were adequate. The complimentary focaccia and white bean dip was tasty. The manager made regular rounds throughout the night. Only regret is that we should have eaten later si that we could have gotten a peak at the cooking show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Meal and ServiceTkjtdaVIPDined on 8/19/2014As so many others have stated, try the rigatoni and meatballs and you won't be sorry. You'll also have plenty to take him for the next day! The appetizers are excellent as well. Also worth mentioning are the fried risotto balls and spring rolls – both excellent! The bread that comes with your dinner is also very good. The waiter and hostess with very pleasant and accommodating. It was our first time there but we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- FriendlyFrankDined on 8/19/2014We have dined at Rustic Kitchen on several occasions. We were impressed with the fact that all of the servers remembered us and greeted us with friendly conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Every time we dine at Rustic Kitchen the staff are always very attentive. Food arrives hot and well presented.Special Features:
- Kudos...take a bow!SylvDined on 8/17/2014This was my first time and enjoyed it. Nice restaurant, good service, good food. Best crab bisque ever! Gnocchi was also very tasty. Would recommend Rustic Kitchen to friends and family. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't say enough good things!!!AnnmarieHDined on 8/17/2014First and foremost- the minute you walk in your in awe! the staff meets you as you enter. The service was most excellent. The food is to die food. Well cooked and a chef who cares what he cooks and the presentation was pretty cool. I first went to the restaurant and just had to return again. I tried the hanger steak and I'll tell ya- done to perfection. My daughter had the salmon and loved it. My husband tried the NY strip, again simply PERFECT!. I have recommend this restuarant and will continue to do so. great wine list too and always a pretty cool recipe for a matini. Don't mind paying a bit higher price for a good meal. Oh! got to try the Tiramisu & espresso. Thx Rustic Kitchen. Can't wait for the next trip.Special Features: