210 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rustickitchen.biz/
- Phone: 617-423-5700x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Kelly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private function space. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Stellato 6174235700x
- Entertainment: Home of "The Cooking Show" airing now on Xfinity! Every Friday evening live from our broadcast kitchen studio, Chef Liz Bramwell hosts an intimate and lively live cooking show for 22 guests. Tickets must be bought in advance @ www.TheCookingShow.tv
- Special Events: Call for more information
A word from Rustic Kitchen
Rustic Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant featuring New American cuisine in an Old World style Bistro. Our menus are crafted with local and seasonal items that are always prepared fresh daily in a friendly and comfortable bistro-style setting.Continued
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
We are also home to "The Cooking Show". Go to www.thecookingshow.tv for details.
To allow for a proper dining experience please make your Friday and Saturday resevation two hours in advance of a theater show time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rustic Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (38)special occasion (32)romantic (30)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food and service.DonnaVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent as always as was the service.
- Must trychristinesjDined on 9/26/2014The Rustic Kitchen is amazing. It offers a fabulous variety of menu options for everyone. Nightly specials are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, confused atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was well-prepared, though not exceptional. We had the fried oysters, petit filet, lobster carbonara and butterscotch budino (the budino was cloyingly sweet). Also, the ambiance and multi-server experience left a bit to be desired. The interior and menu both seem a bit confused with a mixture of decor - old timey woven baskets abound with faux architecture and modern lighting fixtures- and food genres - predominantly Italian with some Asian and New England fare mixed in. It was a very loud space with lots of families. Not a place for a couple looking for a romantic venue. Also, the restrooms are located in the hotel's public hall and could've used some cleaning.
- excellent experienceDecosunDined on 9/20/2014Vast menu, beautiful decor, excellent service. All around great experience. We were a party of six everyone had starters and main course and everyone loved what they had. Great seating options as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great food and service1Happy1Dined on 9/20/2014We loved it. Professional staff was very nice to interact with. The food was terrific. Good sized portions. Relaxing atmosphere. A real gem in Boston. Far better than the name "Rustic" implies. We will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good other than maitre'dnjgalinwtVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation. When we got there the place was two-thirds empty. He proceeds to seat us in the back of the room, facing the waitstaff break room. We ask if there are other places to sit (looking at near empty room). He says "this isn't a kitchen, there is no food coming through here." We had to ask 3 times if there were other places to sit. We are locals, not tourist, and dressed better than the t-shirt and jeans set from off the street. He goes, "let me check" and walks away leaving us in the middle of the room. Finally, we walk back to the front and a nice woman got a nice seat in a booth. He had decided to move on to other people. We enjoyed our meals as the food was very good. And the waitress was great.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationarv15Dined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated his birthday here, and were seated right away despite arriving about a half hour early for our reservation. The service was excellent. All of our dishes were brought out quickly, but we did not feel rushed. Our waitress even brought out a complimentary birthday dessert with a candle. I'm not sure if this was because I had mentioned it was his birthday when making our reservation, or because she noticed it was his birthday when checking our IDs, but either way, it was a wonderful surprise. The food was delicious. We both ordered pasta dishes and shared the steamed mussel appetizer. The dessert was a delightful chocolate cake. I would definitely celebrate another occasion at Rustic Kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I was embarrassed to show up 30 minutes late for our reservation on a Friday night, with 3 extra people. The hostess couldn't have been nicer, found us all a table. The service and food were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lion King ventureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014Booked online, we arrived early and we were offered seating in the bar area, i was not thrilled but went with it. Pleasantly pleased, comfortable high top, friendly server. Within 20-30 minutes the area filled and the servers were very busy. Our service never faltered. Before & after theater goers dinning with children and atmospere remained very enjoyable. We shared a mushroom pizza & pear gogonzola salad for appetizer... Both were delish. Our entrees arrived in a timely manor but we were not rushed. Baked Haddock, Fig raviolis, & Lobster Carbonara(with recipe change request) all spot on. My Martini.. Great & Sangria so good . Dessert just ok. Only gave 4 rating as not a True 5 but well worth the $$ and convience, & taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!BreezymaeDined on 9/13/2014My mother in law had a great meal here and was very satisfied !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing night out!JamishaDined on 9/12/2014We planned this Boston trip & reservations, etc for dinner & a show in the theatre dustrict. I did ALOT of research on restaurants in the area & this one beat everything ten fold. JUSTJUST what i wanted! Relaxing, beautiful ambiance, Italian & Rustic style, but not stuffy feeling, you can come as you are ( we feltcomfy in our jeans & nice tops ) its not over priced, there are a TON of options, portions were very filling & you get what you pay for. I had the hanger steak, absolutely delicious & cooked a perfect med well. My boyfriend had baked stuffed haddock that was absolutely delicious! Our service was amazing & if you are on a schedule for a show, no worries, because food comes out in a very timely mannerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceLynneBVIPDined on 9/12/2014Recommend Rustic Kitchen as a good menu and very accommodating on allergy. Good sized portions and interesting ingredients make up some good dishes.Special Features:
- Fit For CanadiensHobbesDined on 8/30/2014We had two friends from Toronto visiting, and we only could choose a handful of places to enjoy a meal. We chose three seafood restaurants, each very different, a tea house and Rustic Kitchen. It did not disappoint. Our guest, an oneophile, was pleased with the wine selection, our salads were fresh, crisp and cool, and each of thoroughly enjoyed our entrees. Even though our waitress broke a wine glass, service was good and she handled the incident with aplomb. We expect to be back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Went here with my family and my girlfriend (their first time meeting). It was an excellent meal. Great Italian food, with options for everyone (my family doesn't like new-age exotic food, and my girlfriend is a vegetarian).Special Features:
- PotatoDined on 8/16/2014Brought a group of 8 here for dinner as part of my best friend's bachelor party to kick off the night. Service was good. The food was AMAZING. The food (especially the apps) are VERY pricey but you do get what you pay for in terms of quality. I would recommend this place for sure.Special Features:
- interestingJudyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Came here for a quick dinner before seeing Jackson Browne at the Opera House. It was so early that we were the only diners at first. Good service, good food, interesting ambiance and design. Would go back.Special Features:
- Delicious Food!GailDined on 8/14/2014We ate at Rustic Kitchen mainly because we were staying in the adjoining Revere Hotel, but were blown away by the quality of the food and the lovely ambiance and service. Both my sister and I had house made pasta dishes which were outstanding, unique and served in huge portions. Also notable is the Burrata appetizer, which was the best I've had. Attentive service and good cocktails as well. I would go again when I am in Boston.Special Features:
- Great for dinner before a show!FirstTimeCustomerDined on 8/13/2014I was looking for a fun, easy place to have dinner before a show in the Theater District, and this turned out to be perfect. The location is very convenient, and the service was prompt and pleasant. Jamie took wonderful care of us as our server, and helped us pick out great wine and gluten free options for my girlfriend. The food was delicious. We loved the high booths where my girlfriend and I could dine "side by side". I would definitely return next time I am headed to the Theater District for a show!Special Features:
- Can't wait to return!LovetotravelDined on 8/1/2014We recently ate dinner at Rustic Kitchen, and were so impressed with every aspect of our meal there. The wait staff is more than capable, knowledgeable, and friendly; everything is taken care of in a quiet, helpful manner. Upon being seated, we were given a sensational white bean dip and basket of homemade focaccia bread....we devoured it, and had we not been anticipating some great entrees, would have taken up the waiter's offer to bring us more! We were glad, however, that we saved some room for our dinners, as they were delicious; my She-Crab Pasta was memorable. Every single item that came out of that kitchen was piping hot, which to us, is a plus. We will anticipate our return to Boston and most certainly to the Rustic Kitchen!Special Features:
- JoeBDined on 8/1/2014We've been to the Rustic Kitchen several times and it is always amazing! Looking forward to visiting again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Four of us went for dinner at Rustic Kitchen to celebrate a birthday. The service was very good and the food was excellent. Everyone's meal was perfect. Thank you!Special Features:
- Rustic KitchenMorogDined on 7/29/2014We have been to Rustic Kitchen a number of times. While the decor is a bit too theme-based, the food is really quite good and reasonably priced, and we have found the wait staff to be very attentive without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super for familiesHappyDadDined on 7/26/2014This place is fantastic for kids, but great for the parents at the same time. Kids will not make a scene here, but it's classy enough for the parents. Best of both worlds. I've been twice and had the petite filet mignon both times. Just fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningJeffDined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful time at Rustic Kitchen, as always. The food and service were delightful and the ambience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencepickyeaterDined on 7/19/2014We walked over from a matinee at the Boston Opera House for a early dinner. The food was very good, near "excellent". Wife had the duck. It was very well prepared, not greasy. She was not a fan of the sauce served on the plate, but other than that, she enjoyed the meal. I had the hanger steak, also very good. Enjoyed the mild sauce served over it, as well as the watercress salad and the fries that came with it. We're not drinkers, so can't comment on the wine list, but the ambience is great. Really liked the look of the place. Down the line we might consider checking out the cooking show that they shoot at the restaurant. It was cool seeing the set in the back of the restaurant. Overall, we were not disappointed and would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, nice atmosphereFamilythatlovesdiningDined on 7/17/2014Our family of 4 enjoyed our meal. The ambience was very welcoming.Special Features:
- Good for a groupBeckyDined on 7/17/2014It was suprisingly easy for them to accomodate my group of 6 for a mid-week lunch. Our waiter was great, dealing competently with a variety of special requests. I always enjoy the ambiance at Rustic Kitchen.Special Features:
- DenschoDined on 7/12/2014We have been to the Rustic Kitchen 4 times and each time have tried something different and have never been disapointed. Our server Kelly was a joy, attentive and very helpful with the choice. To bad you couldn't use our extra Phantom ticket. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but not good either...CyndythDined on 7/5/2014Ate here with my husband for a special night out away from the kids, etc. We took the advice to book extra early for an 8 p.m show nearby, so booked for 5:15. The place was nearly empty! Service was excellent however, accommodating, familiar with the menu, helpful and friendly. Decent wine selection and the hubs appreciated the rum recommendations. Appetizer of calamari was good. The bad: my dish of a ravioli with pancetta and figs was WAY over salted. I like salt, but it was over the top and I was not able to finish it. I was very surprised. The hubs was happy with his dish though.Special Features:
- FoodAlfongsDined on 7/4/2014we disliked the food, the fish was not fresh, the pasta already 3 days old and the meat loaf days old, never again!Special Features:
- Great timeHungryRuggerDined on 7/4/2014Rustic Kitchen knocked it out of the park. Above standard service (thanks Jamie), terrific food (we had the lobster carbonara, fig and ? tortellini and Italian spring rolls) and the music was awesome. Will be back with friends for certain, an awesome time start to finish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our first time at Rustic Kitchen. The menu looked great-there were so many tempting options. The food was delicious and very hot. Both of our meals were very good and portions were large. We wended up bringing some home. Service was very good. The only strange thing was that the restaurant was very empty for a Saturday night at 8pm. It felt kind of strange. Food was excellent!
- Excellent food - spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014This was our 3rd stop at Rustic Kitchen. The first time, we didn't have a reservation, but were able to sit at the bar (full menu available). On our most recent visit, we had a reservation for 6:00. We ended up arriving quite early (5:30) and we were seated immediately. As usual, the food was excellent - we had mozzarella burrata and veal meatballs for appetizers; roasted duck breast, fig & walnut ravioli, roasted salmon, and a cheeseburger (for my son) for dinner; we shared desserts of creme brulee and chocolate mousse cake. The service was very good, but a bit slow at times. We finished our appetizers and dinner about 45 minutes after we were seated, but then spent another 45 minutes waiting to order and eat our dessert.Special Features:
- Great comfort foodHenryserDined on 6/21/2014After a beautiful day walking around Boston taking in the sites the Rustic Kitchen was a perfect spot to chill and enjoy. Our meal was very good, delicious salads, appetizers, great pasta dishes all complemented with a very nice Spanish wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealFreeformjazzodysseyDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant is greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/16/2014The room is small, but very pretty. Service was great and the food was delicious. Interesting, diverse lunch menu -- relaxing and yummy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014I was so dissappointed after many visits to this establishment. I got the meatloaf, which is usally excellent. It was like mush. Don't know what happened. My other guests enjoyed their meals though.Special Features:
- A good theatre district choiceFoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014I have dined here several times with friends. The food is consistently good and nicely presented. The menu is varied and offers something for everyone. My only suggestion would be to ask for a table away from the bar. We were seated in there (after having made a reservation), and it was very loud. The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChocolateMousseDined on 6/7/2014For my first visit to Rustic Kitchen, I enjoyed the salmon while friends had scallops and pasta dishes. The arrancini that came with the salmon were delicious but a bit heavy. Ditto risotto that accompanied the scallops. (It was 80 degrees that night; would be nice for the Kitchen to have a lighter summer menu). Server was very attentive. Drinks were creative (blueberry sweet tea). At least one group was nearby, but noise was minimal. Did not try appetizers or desserts. Would return again.Special Features:
- The following 1092 reviews are from the Rustic Kitchen reviews archive.
- Late Sunday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014We went for a late Sunday lunch; restaurant was empty so no problem with noise or service. Roasted pear salad topped with grilled salmon was outstanding. Person who ordered a gimlet wasn't happy with it, but didn't say so until after we left, so there was no opportunity for the bar to fix it. I'd go back and would like to try dinner some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.