1967 N Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rustichousechicago.com/
- Phone: 3129293227x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jon Keeley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Armitage
- Public Transit: #8 Halsted Bus stops right in front of the restaurant at the corner of Halsted & Armitage. 5 minute walk East on Armitage from Brown Line Armitage stop. 10 minute walk from either Fullerton or North/Clybourn Red Line stops.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking $12 Tuesday - Saturday. Street Parking on Halsted and Armitage.
A word from Rustic House
Chandeliers casting low light and a brick fireplace set the mood at Rustic House on Halsted Street in Lincoln Park. This Midwestern-inspired restaurant is located just down the street from its sister restaurant, Gemini Bistro, and centers around a 1920's Rotisol French-imported rotisserie oven. Executive Chef Jon Keeley works with the highest quality cuts of meat, poultry and fish to prepare dishes that are both elevated and approachable. Executive Pastry Chef John Larson focuses on delicate desserts and pastries that reflect the chic ambiance of Rustic House. Rustic's two private dining spaces can accommodate groups of up to 36 seated guests or 40 for a cocktail reception.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Rustic House - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
Rustic House reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (52)romantic (48)special occasion (37)notable wine list (13)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014This place came to me recommended. It wasn't that the food was bad or we had a bad experience, it was just very overpriced for what it was. Definitely not running back here.Special Features:
- perfect for after theatermrswifeDined on 8/31/2014i was looking for a farm to table restaurant on north halsted for after theater and came across rustic house. the food was very good, the portions were ample and the peach tart for dessert was heavenly. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014HAVE been many times and they continue to impress!Special Features:
- Disappointing Birthday DinnermiscdinerDined on 8/23/2014The space felt cramped, & our table was sticky. Wiping down didn't fix it. The apps were lack-luster: tomato salad was ok, the mussels were also just ok (we had one that didn't open that was still served to us). The tuna entree had a bad texture: the spice "crust" felt more like a dry rub with no crispness, and it was dry. The scallops had sand in them. They overcharged us for the wine we ordered, which was awkward. Ran out of bread at 8pm on Sat. & had to bake more (came after we paid?) Waiter told us we "had to pick a dessert" for my bday, but wasn't clear if comped or forceful sales pitch (also awkward). He was uncomfortably casual and inattentive. Overpriced & underwhelming. We left hungry. We won't be back.
- Great food, a bit noisylemass18VIPDined on 8/23/2014My only real issue with Rustic House was the noise level, which we found rather more than we like. But the food was great. My husband and I shared the duck and salmon entrees and we loved both of them. They also split-plated our shared appetizer, which was appreciated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Our dinner was pleasant and the service was Excellant but the food was average. There are better options
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Food was amazing across the board. Would HIGHLY recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/15/2014Took my parents here for an early dinner. Everything we ordered was awesome. We had the flank steak, pork chop and chicken for our entrees. All cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatWinedudeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Just as always...great food, friendly service, good wine list, in a convenient location in Lincoln Park. Who could ask for more!!! Try the rotisserie chicken, the swordfish chop, or the NY Steak. All terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pollyannaDined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed an early dinner before going to Apollo Theatre. Small restaurant with European feel and absolutely delicious dinner. The roasted chicken and pot pie were fantastic, and our waitress and the bartender were so fun and attentive. Drinks and wine...great experience and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PappadocjrVIPDined on 8/3/2014Significantly over salted. Both diners signicantly thirsty for rest of evening
- ExcellentChicagoFavoritesDined on 8/2/2014I took my parents to Rustic House during their visit -- they're foodies and they loved the place. Everything was superb. The lamb had an amazing sauce that included a touch of wasabi, the salmon was perfectly cooked and there was a seafood couscous dish that was fantastic as well. We split the trio of creme brulee as well -- loved the chocolate and vanilla, but the almond was just a touch too rich for us, otherwise everything was great. The wine list is impressive too.Special Features:
- ForgettableAmberVIPDined on 8/1/2014The rotisserie is the house specialty but the organic chicken we ordered wasn't very juicy. Nothing on the menu here is one of a kind and I felt like they fell short on execution with items like poached egg and spinach salad, wood-grilled octopus and the chicken. The garlic mashed potatoes were the highlight of the meal. Service is pretty nice and the space is cozy. I don't think I'd ever come back since every dish I could get a better version of elsewhere.Special Features:
- One of Our FavesWinedudeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great food, service, and wine list. Awesome rotisserie chicken, great steak and swordfish. Tremendous spinach salad. Always friendly service. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!!ivanDined on 7/25/2014The food and service were impeccable!! I had the swordfish and my fiancée had the duck that were to die for.. Sides were amazing (green beans, corn brûlée, and potato au gratin) unbelievable.. And of course desert (chocolate banana pie) WOW!!! We will definetly be eating here again.. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuJBChicagoDined on 7/24/2014So many unique entrees I've never seen anywhere else! Need to return to try them all!Special Features:
- Get the swordfishliz1254Dined on 7/19/2014The swordfish was literally the best meal I have had in a while. My hubs got the organic chicken, he said it was amazing (but then tried my swordfish and was jealous). Second time here-can't wait to go back for a third.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectHeatherDined on 7/18/2014Great spot before heading to see Billy Joel @ Wrigley. We had a wonderful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningJaneDined on 7/18/2014The special halibut was excellent, tho overdressed. Very good service, nice menu. We were expecting a more authentic farm to table experience as it was written up like that. To us, that means mostly locally sourced, especially in summer. Finding farm raised salmon from Scotland didn't seem to fit. Several other menu items were imported from long distances. As we don't live near the restaurant, we won't go out of our way to return as we prefer to support locally sourced businesses. This said, we did have a very enjoyable, well prepared dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/17/2014Generous portions and tasty food, especially the creamed corn brulee!Special Features:
- Great food; outstanding server!HawksFanCPADined on 7/16/2014We were two couples with a lot of catching up to do. Our server, Arleta, displayed the perfect balance of leaving us alone to talk and being attentive. We took a while to order, and never felt rushed. We lingered after dessert, and again our server was attentive but we never felt pushed to leave. The food was outstanding, from the seasonal soup and salads to the main courses and dessert. The rotisserie chicken, duck, and pork chop were wonderful!Special Features:
- Rustic Housewsz1951Dined on 7/13/2014Very good food and some unique dishes Excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Darling neighborhood spotfinewinedineDined on 7/12/2014food was great! service was excellent. loved the interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Great ServiceTVC719Dined on 7/5/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Rustic House. The drinks, the appetizer (octopus) and the salads (watermelon/tomato) were outstanding. Our entrées were a bit disappointing. We had the popular roasted chicken and the chicken pot pie. In both dishes the chicken was a bit dry. My husband actually said the roasted chicken from Costco tasted better. Our server was a great and very attentive. We didn't feel rushed at all which we really appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find for pre-theatre dinnerJS13Dined on 7/2/2014The service was attentive here which I really appreciate. It is a smaller restaurant so even if it were full I doubt it would get noisy. We had one in our party select the fixe prix early dinner option which is offered from 5-6:30. She had salmon on a bed of spinach. Nicely displayed and delicious. She opted for the spinach salad. It had a great smoky flavor with a fantastic dressing. Their rhubarb crisp dessert was good and big enough to share. Great restaurant to go to prior to the Million Dollar Quartet show as the Apollo Theatre is only about a mile down the road.Special Features:
- Good food, great atmosphereKPchicagoVIPDined on 6/28/2014The hostess seated us right away, even though we were 5 min late to our reservation. The ambiance in this place was very cute, would definitely make a great date night spot. Our server was actually pretty bad, especially considering out checks came out to about $75 per person. She did not introduce herself, make any recommendations, or come by our table unless she absolutely had to (read: take our orders and drop off check). I would like to imagine she was having an off night, but it was very off putting. The food was quite good! The service of the food was timed strangely. Long wait for apps, entrees came promptly...well, 2 of them and the other 2 came out 5+ min later, then sides another 5 min later. All considered, I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouGDined on 6/28/2014Food was excellent. We had swordfish, salmon and chicken. All 3 were great. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Good food, nice placeDrDaveVIPDined on 6/28/2014Rustic House is a pretty casual place, but there is nothing casual about the food. They have a great cocktail program, which can be a great way to start your meal. Order the "Snacks" to go with them - house marinated olives, Marcona almonds warmed in duck fat, and sinfully delicious smoked bacon slathered with maple syrup. The tuna tartare was good, but we like it when it has some spice (chile) to it, which this did not. The gnocchi with foie gras and garlic was amazing - just wish that put more of the delicious broth in the bowl. One of the specials the night we were there was Prime Rib with a house made horseradish sauce - excellent. The lamb chops were also very good. The corn brûlée really should have been a dessert - very sweet.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time!BrentVIPDined on 6/24/2014Everything we had was fantastic. We came for an anniversary, as well as a birthday. When we arrived, we were greeted with a round of champagne to celebrate. The rest of the evening was just as delightful. We never felt rushed, as we were there with friends we hadn't seen in a long time, so our meal was several hours long, but the pace with which the food came out was impeccable. The salmon was delicious, the steak au poivre was to die for, and the pork chops were also fantastic! The appetizers and desserts were also top notch. There was absolutely nothing to complain about. We will DEFINITELY be dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.ChicagoVIPDined on 6/21/2014I was surprised by this. I expected to try a Lincoln Park restaurant that would be good, cute and quaint. It was all of those things, but add to it, exceptional service, wonderful wine list and the friendliest and most down-to-earth service. And top it off with outstanding food. We loved it. You should try it. We will be back for sure.
- A real gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2014We hadn't been to Rustic House since shortly after it opened and I am wondering why. The menu offers a variety of great choices, all of which seem to be worth a separate trip. Our waiter gave us terrific guidance on both the menu and the wine pairing. I will not make the mistake of waiting too long before we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfied guestSatisfiedDined on 6/21/2014Very good dinner, service and atmosphere. The food selection was outstanding and all dishes ordered was remarkable. Only complaint is waiter forgot my wife's drink and had to be reminded but it was clearly a mistake and the remainder of our experience there more than made up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lincoln Park GemEatOutNowVIPDined on 6/17/2014If you have not tried Rustic House, you are missing out on a wonderful dining experience. Bar seating for walk-ins or singles and 2 cozy window tables for a romantic dinner for two. Wish the 4 middle tables weren't so close together, but that is my only complaint. Food is consistently beautifully presented and a delight to enjoy. Servers know the menu and are helpful with wine and beer selections. Nice seasonal cocktail offerings as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SteakChrisDined on 6/13/2014Tried this place for the first time on Friday 6/13/14 and was extremely impressed. They had a nice selection of wines and beers along with great service. The place has a nice atmosphere as well with moderate noise. The steak was the best steak that I have had in Chicago, it truly was impressive. Highly recommend trying this! The only downside is it can be pricey - but so worth it for the steak!Special Features:
- Sat. dinnerCynieDined on 6/7/2014Sat night dinner out can be challenging with all the crowds, noise etc. but our food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious steak!TracyLuvsChicagoVIPDined on 6/6/2014My mother and I split the NY Strip and we both said it was the most delicious steak we have ever had. Thank you!Special Features:
- A Real FindSuburban62Dined on 5/31/2014This was our first time eating at Rustic. It was outstanding. The food was great and the service superb. Would highly recommend. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014Four of us dined at Rustic House on a Friday night. We all really enjoyed our food, which included the rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes- so basic but totally perfect, the rock of lamb and the swordfish. All wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Meal!MeiggVIPDined on 5/27/2014We really enjoy farm to table restaurants, and were so impresses with our waiter Ryan - and his knowledge of where all the food was sourced from. I loved the lamb chops and my husband loved the duck that was on their rotisserie. We will absolutely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeBeekeeperDined on 5/24/2014All the food was delicious. We shared 4 appetizers and they were all great. The best was the gnocci.Special Features: