Rustic, Francis's Favorites
300 Via Archimedes
Geyserville, CA 95441Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Rustic, Francis's Favorites
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.franciscoppolawinery.com/
- Phone: 7078571485
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: On Tuesdays Evenings at 5 pm, in Rustic A Tavola welcomes guests to the famiglia from the moment they arrive, complete with servers dressed in vintage Italian costumes and portraying a traditional Italian family through characters and music. A tavola is a casual, family-style dinner with no menus; the chef prepares multiple courses featuring a wide variety of seasonal ingredients and once seated at the table, the dishes begin to arrive. Menu is $39 for adults, $15 for children (12 & under). Drinks not included.
A word from Rustic, Francis's Favorites
Open for lunch and dinner Francis Ford Coppola shares his personal pantheon of recipes at RUSTIC, Francis’s Favorites, the winery’s full-service restaurant. RUSTIC’s menu embraces international as well as traditional Italian dishes, with an emphasis on family-style cooking that features fresh, seasonal ingredients sourced from the property’s organic herb and produce garden. Authentic, Neapolitan-style pizzas are also a specialty. A focal point of the dining room at RUSTIC is the Parrilla (pronounced “pah-REE-jah”), an authentic Argentine grill. Manned by the restaurant’s dedicated Asador, or grill-master, it provides a true South American experience of delicious, wood-grilled meats. RUSTIC offers service in our casual dining room and on an outdoor terrace overlooking the vineyards of Alexander Valley. A bar adjacent to the restaurant also serves a full complement of cocktails and an extensive wine and beerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Rustic, Francis's Favorites - Best Restaurants in Geyserville ›
Rustic, Francis's Favorites reviews from OpenTable diners
479 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (411)great for outdoor dining (393)special occasion (286)romantic (233)great for lunch (232)notable wine list (225)fit for foodies (186)good for groups (174)great for brunch (90)neighborhood gem (82)kid-friendly (80)hot spot (60)vibrant bar scene (42)late-night find (16)Show More
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We celebrated our anniversary at the the Rustic and we couldn't have picked a better restaurant for that. The views, food, wine and staff were all amazing and I recommend this spot to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning View, wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014We had a wonderful experience at Rustic. This is an incredibly picturesque place, especially if you sit outside. The food was creative, but even more so was the wonderful tolerant server that we had. We had two vegans and one vegetarian in our party, and they were very nice about letting them make minor changes to the menu. We ordered Frances Ford Coppola wines only, and they were also perfect for the meal. We had time to linger, so no one was pressuring us to finish. This would be a top place to go to for lunch in Sonoma County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014We had reservations for lunch, and were seated as soon as we arrived at a table on the patio overlooking the vineyards. The service was wonderful, and our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu. Our order was served hot, and everything was seasoned perfect. We ordered the Chicken Mattone and the Braciole with Rigatoni in Meat Ragu. Both were absolutely delicious and I would order the same again. After such a great meal, we knew dessert had to be just as good, and I was not disappointed. I had the Panna Cotta and my husband had the Fresh Fruit Tart. Both were exceptional and with a cup of coffee, it was the perfect ending to a great meal.Special Features:
- Our first disappointment at RusticOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014The bottle of wine we ordered was not good. It wasn't bad, but the server should have offered a solution. Also, my husband's favorite entree was not as good as usual. The pasta sauce was thinner than usual and with a lot more onion. We enjoyed the experience, service and incredible view, so we'll certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Outside dining is the best...... beautiful views of wine country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic is fabulousCathyCDined on 9/23/2014We went on a Tuesday night when they have family style dining. There is no set menu, just what the chef decides to cook that day. They present 2 salads, 2 pizzas, 2 pastas and multiple meat courses. It's a set price of $35 per person. We've also been to lunch and dinner there on several occasions the menu is wonderful and the service always delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine country tripBigfanDined on 9/22/2014I have been here many times and have never been disappointed. Great view if dining on the patio. Extensive wine list. Would come back again on next trip through!Special Features:
- DisappointingSuzyDined on 9/21/2014We love to come to Rustic to celebrate yearly our family birthdays, anniversaries. Sunday 21st was the worst service we have ever had since it opened. We were celebrating my husbands birthday. Having young children we always dine around 5:30pm. Our server did not take our food order till 6:10, dinner did not arrive until 7:05pm by that time the children were a mess. I couldn't enjoy my unpleasant dish & my husbands steak was cold. The 3 pizza's that were order were hot. I think the chef made the medium steak & the brick chick first and they sat under the hot plate till the pizzas were ready. Our server Stephanie did not come around for over an hour to see if we wanted more drinks. We drank 2 bottles of wine before our dinner even arrived.Special Features:
- An Absolute MUST!GrandmapinkDined on 9/21/2014We love Rustic at the Francis Ford Coppola winery in Geyserville, CA! Dining on the patio overlooking the beautiful vineyards and Mt. St. Helena and Geyser Peak is breathtaking! But let's get down to our FAVORITE PART - the food. We keep coming back to try other things on the menu and they have ALL been outstanding. Best lamb, hands down, ever! Awesome hamburgers, salads, pizzas, fish, spaghetti, and more. And let's not forget the dessert!! They're all good, and we've tried them all. Their cocktails are spot on, I absolutely love their Moscow Mule, best one I've had ANYWHERE. The grounds are beautiful and everything is well-kept, neat, and tidy. We keep coming back, we bring our adult children and their spouses, who love it too!Special Features:
- luvcoppola1wineDined on 9/21/2014Gorgeous place to take friends and relatives who visit us in Santa Rosa. Love the environment, the energy, the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine country lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had a dinner engagement in Healdsburg on a Saturday evening and decided to have a small late lunch appetizer at Coppola. We settled on a Ceasar salad and grilled salmon, as my wife had this once before and it was delicious. Unfortunately, Rustic missed the mark this time. The salmon would've been better on a "sushi" plate. Extremely undercooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RUSTIC IS GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014THE OUTDOOR PATIO AREA GIVES AN EXCELLENT VIEW OF THE VINEYARDS AND HILLS. VERY GOOD SERVICE, GOOD DRINKS AND THE OVERALL FOOD QUALITY IS EXCELLENT. I REALLY HAVE NO HESITATION IN RECOMMENDING THIS TO NEW COMERS. BOOK IN ADVANCE HOWEVER AS THEY DO FILL UP FASTSpecial Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceBearswolfVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had a couple WONDERFUL racks of lamb grilled on their special grill... all the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- ShadaDined on 9/17/2014Worth seeing. Beautiful place and setting. Food not very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionallilrichyDined on 9/17/2014A must visit restaurant & winery for tourists & a special place to visit frequently for those of us who are members and/or local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeSUPpirateDined on 9/15/2014We try to hit Rustic for special occasions, since everybody loves it so much. This time we tried something different for a change: the Moroccan Lamb. I usually don't care for lamb and never order it, but this was absolutely awesome. It was a generous portion for 2, and ended up taking half of it home with us. Wait staff is always pleasant and bartender was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyCathyDined on 9/15/2014The salmon was very good and the outdoor patio is a perfect place to enjoy lunch.Special Features:
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Rustic is my favorite restaurant in the Geyserville wine country area! Excellent on all counts, I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant and winery!Special Features:
- Great placeGolfgranDined on 9/14/2014Eating outdoors with a magnificent view is tops for us. The food is excellent with nice little extras. We have gone there many times and have never been disappointed. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sept 14, 2014MikeSDined on 9/14/2014Beautiful setting. Extensive menu and attentive service. My entree was brasciole with rigatoni and was very good. Our other entree was linguine with clams but was bland, and nothing special to write about. Portion sizes underwhelmed but were adequate. Chocolate mouse dessert was very good. I recommend Rustic for a quiet memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014From the moment we arrived to the moment we left everything was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coppola Winerybeenarond2Dined on 9/13/2014fantastic location for viewing the hills and vineyards. Fun place to play, swim and explore. Food, not so good. Watery Morroccan Lamb. Dryden out pasta Carbonara. Had remembered it as being Good food. Maybe we just hit it at the wrong time, 2pm. Very pricey.Special Features:
- Expectations not metLopezmanDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food. If you want to carry on a conversation, then get an outside table. Even with the high ceilings, the acoustics in the inside dining room are very bad especially when there are several large groups seated. It is beyond "lively/energetic". Service was inattentive. They seem to have many servers, but they may be playing to larger groups more than to a single couple. Come early and get an outside table and perhaps you will be able to write a more glowing review.Special Features:
- Great foodDididiDined on 9/12/2014What a wonderful surprise! Good food,good price,good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!wineloverDined on 9/12/2014The view was amazing and the service was outstanding! I’m already planning my next visit!Special Features:
- Best viewsmyvueDined on 9/12/2014I always take visitors here to enjoy the great food and outstanding views. It's a hit with everyone. Really a unique and wonderful gem in Sonoma County Wine Country.Special Features:
- Delicious food, lovely environmentjaycie622Dined on 9/10/2014Sunny September afternoon on a shady terrace looking out across fields of grapevines to the mountains in the distance. And great food. What's not to like?! The menu is extensive - sandwiches, pizza, salads, small plates. The "Francis's Favorites" section includes anecdotes of how each particular dish was chosen for inclusion on the menu. My three companions selected the Marrakesh lamb. Even with three sharing it, there was still a lot of lamb in the bottom of the taking when they were sated. Served over couscous, my sample said "Delicious!" We saved room for dessert - lemon tart and creme puffs with a cannelloni-style filling and dark chocolate sauce. The perfect ending to a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- itsakeeperDined on 9/10/2014Had an amazing experience! Beautifully designed, great ambiance, loved the menu, especially the salmon. zucchini fries, wine selection and view! Waiter could have been more attentive, but all in all, will definitely return! Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time at A Tavolawine55dineDined on 9/9/2014Really enjoyed our dining experience a Coppola's A Tavola. Delicious food, great service, and fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingBettyMVIPDined on 9/8/2014You are given a menu of Francis Ford Coppola family recipes. Good food, nothing spectacular except the view. Fun looking at the movie memorabilia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoppolaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014We had our anniversary dinner here, weeknight. Just lovely. The neighboring tables were very friendly too. Our waiter made our night very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal and winekej70dineDined on 9/8/2014First time we visited this place, and had a dinner. It is not easy to find wines from Coppola's winery in Japan, so when actually I tasted some kinds of wine here, I recognized it was worth visiting here even from abroad. We have stayed in the US for ten days, and had dinners in many places. I believe the dinner at this restaurant was the best. Waiters are very helpful for selecting wines and cuisine as well. I really liked this place, so would like to strongly recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:
- Love this placeHeidiAVIPDined on 9/7/2014We are first family members at Coppola and love eating here. Service is always good and food is always good and the wine is fabulous.Special Features:
- You can't beat the settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014In the middle of wine country sitting on the patio having lunch on a beautiful Sunday afternoon, you can't beat it! The food was great! We had the Habit forming ribs and Grilled Salmon. The waiter was attentive and very knowledgeable. After lunch we walked out to the vineyard and tasted grapes off the vine.Special Features:
- Great view- bad foodStevenAndreaVIPDined on 9/7/2014we were very disappointed with the food here- it used to be good but we had overcooked burgers and wilted salads. Not worth the price when there are so many good places around. View is wonderful, and the service was friendly.
- Very good experience all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed our experience at Rustic a lot. The food was very good, the server was personable, knowledgeable and moved the meal along at a relaxed pace, never leaving us feeling as if we were either being ignored or rushed along. Overall, the experience was excellent and we would return again.Special Features:
- Best of Wine Country!WinedaddysrVIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I always try to bring our friends here when in Sonoma/Napa. The food and the view are worth it every time!!Special Features:
- Gorgeous wine country patio diningCarpeDiemVIPDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful location, decent food ( try the Moroccan chicken), tasty little gratis donut appetizers to get you going. Good variety of wine from the winery. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in townMaracujaDined on 9/5/2014If cinematic is what you're going for, I'd recommend Rustic, which has the best view tables in town. I wish I could also rave about the food and service. They're fine, but not as good as the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewFloridaClairDined on 9/5/2014Beautiful view of vineyards and mountains. Had lunch. Pizza was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.